HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread - Part XII

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 05:03 PM
lindgren

vCash: 500
Does anyone have any suggestions about how to track Canucks' NCAA prospects without having to go to each team page? I tried the NCAA page but didn't have any luck getting up-to-date stats (probably I'm missing something).

Old
11-09-2012, 05:45 PM
thedavid

http://canucklepuck.com/Statistics/PlayerStatistics

Not always up to date but that's probably your best bet. Has all the other prospects as well.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:01 PM
timw33

Here's where I find the box-scores and stats: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/schedules/

Old
11-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Tim Calhoun
Tim Calhoun

vCash: 2102
Ben Hutton and Pat McNally scored goals tonight. All other college prospects had no points.

McEneny had one assist. Decent night for our defense prospects I guess.

Old
11-10-2012, 01:24 AM
lindgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedavid View Post

Not always up to date but that's probably your best bet. Has all the other prospects as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Here's where I find the box-scores and stats: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/schedules/
Thanks! I really appreciate your taking the time to help me out.

Old
11-10-2012, 02:14 PM
gurfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedavid View Post

Awesome didn't know about it, many thanks.

Old
11-10-2012, 07:20 PM
lindgren

Darren Archibald has scored for Kalamzoo in tonight's game against Fort Wayne. The K-Wings lead 2-1 late in the second. Prab Rai is back in the lineup, after missing seven games (I think). Archibald is on a bit of a roll and now leads the team in goals and penalty minutes. He's also up there in +/-.

Old
11-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindgren View Post
Darren Archibald has scored for Kalamzoo in tonight's game against Fort Wayne. The K-Wings lead 2-1 late in the second. Prab Rai is back in the lineup, after missing seven games (I think). Archibald is on a bit of a roll and now leads the team in goals and penalty minutes. He's also up there in +/-.
He's due for a call up especially if this lockout ends.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Bleach Clean

Watching Rampage vs. Marlies right now.

- Petrovic is impressive. Decent passer. Good shot. Big guy. Above average skater. There are a lot of tools there.

- Shore is average. A safe player, but nothing to get too high on.

And as I post this Kadri makes a sick pass on the PP, resulting in a Colborne goal.

Oh, and Markstrom is shaky.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:50 PM
BerSTUzzi

Hutton with another assist tonight

McNally with 0's

Gaunce still sitting out with shoulder injury

No other updates

Old
11-10-2012, 09:08 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Watching Rampage vs. Marlies right now.

- Petrovic is impressive. Decent passer. Good shot. Big guy. Above average skater. There are a lot of tools there.

- Shore is average. A safe player, but nothing to get too high on.

And as I post this Kadri makes a sick pass on the PP, resulting in a Colborne goal.

Oh, and Markstrom is shaky.
Nooooo, Florida doesn't need goaltending at all.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Hutton seems to be off to a decent start. Anyone find anything to give any indication of how Myron and Beattie are doing?

Old
11-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Nooooo, Florida doesn't need goaltending at all.

And the Rampage lose. Kadri with 3 points. Colborne with 2. The last shot by Kadri was a great snipe. Colborne was impressive also, very good vision.

Petrovic really caught my eye. He has a lot going for him.

Shore and Howden just seemed to fade into the background a lot.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

Quote:
And the Rampage lose. Kadri with 3 points. Colborne with 2. The last shot by Kadri was a great snipe. Colborne was impressive also, very good vision.

Petrovic really caught my eye. He has a lot going for him.

Shore and Howden just seemed to fade into the background a lot.
That was a nice shot, but did you see what happened seconds before he shot that? He was holding the puck at the line and a Rampage guy was checking him, and he just flung Kadri to the ice, knocked him off the puck and off his feet. And knocked him all the way out of the zone, past the blue line.

Kadri isn't big and he doesn't look strong. Watching him in the AHL makes me worried about what would happen once he moves up to the NHL level.

Old
11-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
That was a nice shot, but did you see what happened seconds before he shot that? He was holding the puck at the line and a Rampage guy was checking him, and he just flung Kadri to the ice, knocked him off the puck and off his feet. And knocked him all the way out of the zone, past the blue line.

Kadri isn't big and he doesn't look strong. Watching him in the AHL makes me worried about what would happen once he moves up to the NHL level.

Of course. Kadri seems to be the type of player that cannot make an impact on the game without the puck. It is what it is. He will have a very rough adjustment period in the NHL. Especially if the coach demands too much.

Small, plays small, isn't fast, doesn't defend, and has questionable cardio/health issues... Yeah, he's got a ways to go.

Old
11-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Of course. Kadri seems to be the type of player that cannot make an impact on the game without the puck. It is what it is. He will have a very rough adjustment period in the NHL. Especially if the coach demands too much.

Small, plays small, isn't fast, doesn't defend, and has questionable cardio/health issues... Yeah, he's got a ways to go.
From what I've seen, I think Schroeder is better right now and will have a better pro-career. Much more committed to doing the right things and has better head for the game, even if he's not as fancy with the puck. All that said — I wouldn't trade Luongo for Schroeder, and I'm higher on him than most.

Kadri is damaged goods. Just like Filatov was. Remember what Filatov fetched?

Old
11-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
From what I've seen, I think Schroeder is better right now and will have a better pro-career. Much more committed to doing the right things and has better head for the game, even if he's not as fancy with the puck. All that said I wouldn't trade Luongo for Schroeder, and I'm higher on him than most.

Kadri is damaged goods. Just like Filatov was. Remember what Filatov fetched?

No one is suggesting a trade of Luongo straight across for Kadri. In a package though, where he is not the main piece, I would take the chance...

FTR, I agree with your assertion about Schroeder. Better right now, and more apt to have a better pro career due to a much higher hockey IQ.

Old
11-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Jevo

Nicklas Jensen has made his national team debut over the last few days, scoring 2 assists in 3 games against Norway. I haven't seen the games, so I can't comment on his play. But I do know that he was named the best Danish player in the 3rd and final game, despite not getting any points in the game.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:03 AM
lindgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Nicklas Jensen has made his national team debut over the last few days, scoring 2 assists in 3 games against Norway. I haven't seen the games, so I can't comment on his play. But I do know that he was named the best Danish player in the 3rd and final game, despite not getting any points in the game.
Great update.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
@TysonGiuriato
#Canucks prospect @frankcorrado22 is paired with #Bruins prospect Dougie Hamilton tonight in the #SubwaySeries game at 4pm PST on Sportsnet
Corrado's got a dman partner. Hopefully they play well & this gives Corrado a little edge in case he gets a WJ invite.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:19 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Corrado's got a dman partner. Hopefully they play well & this gives Corrado a little edge in case he gets a WJ invite.
That would be awesome to see Corrado get invited to the camp. Hockey Canada uses the Super Series essentially as WJC tryouts.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:24 PM
JUMBOcanuck

vCash: 460
Quote:
That would be awesome to see Corrado get invited to the camp. Hockey Canada uses the Super Series essentially as WJC tryouts.
Considering the season that Corrado's having, if he doesn't get at least an invite wouldn't it be kind of a joke? I mean unless he totally falls off the map between now and the WJC I think we can at least expect a camp invite.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:17 PM
timw33

Corrado and the OHL selects are playing on Sportsnet right now for those interested in watching him play.

He's paired with Dougie Hamilton tonight. Lot's of other big name prospects playing too.

Corrado on the 1st Unit PP with Hamilton, terrific puck movement. He is one hell of a skater too, cannot wait for him to be a Canuck, showed more poise on the PP than any of our current Dmen.

Last edited by timw33: 11-12-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old
11-12-2012, 06:44 PM
arsmaster

I don't like that they have him playing his off side with Hamilton (two RHS).

Thought he should have been used Harrington on the shutdown pair.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Pseudonymous

yeah poised is definitely the word i came here to use.he looks good so far

Closed Thread