HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: The Walking Dead

Old
11-07-2012, 07:33 PM
PDO

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PDO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Much of that human race didn't have a fervent belief in starving themselves to look like heroine chic versions of Twiggy.

For most of recorded civilization having well rounded form was regarded as a sign of beauty and health and eternalized for all time in any and all artistic impressions of what people considered beauty and health. Even as recently as 50yrs ago Marilyn Monroe was considered the epitome of beauty. Today the tabloids would be calling her fat.

For centuries people that ate well when they could and stored food energy had an ample evolutionary advantage over those who didn't. The point being that people that are 110lbs to begin with have a whole lot of problems living through apocalypse/famine/strife. Few of them I imagine going fullterm to pregnancy amidst that.
So, about your avatar.....

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
So, about your avatar.....
heheh

A veritable goddess. Thin, demure, and great singer, guitarist.

Annie Clarke of St. Vincent

Last edited by Replacement: 11-07-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 08:02 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
gross

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 08:59 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermullet View Post
She isn't coming back. That was Carl's scene. Fantastic job by the actor playing him. Easily my favorite character in the comics and the show.

I'm predicting that Merle becomes the new Governor after killing the current one on their future scouting trip. Then things will get really greasy.
I'm not so sure about that.

I believe his character has the potential to be as memorable as Gus Fring in the Breaking Bad series. His character is subtle, but dark. Once this season gets going, I'm thinking he might emerge as some sort of megalomaniac. The actor portraying him is very convincing.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:55 AM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
gross
Is that for the chick in the video or for the show about walkers?

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:12 AM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Is that for the chick in the video or for the show about walkers?
the chick

Old
11-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post

I believe his character has the potential to be as memorable as Gus Fring in the Breaking Bad series. His character is subtle, but dark. Once this season gets going, I'm thinking he might emerge as some sort of megalomaniac. The actor portraying him is very convincing.
I don't doubt that he's a great character, but it feels like he's being set up as someone who might have a little too much trust in his soldiers. He'll get his turn this season, but I'll bet Merle offs him at the end and plans the extermination of our heroes in Season 4.

Keep in mind that someone has already spied on Rick's crew this season, and there are no plans in the Gov's camp to attack them. I think the spy was Merle as well.

I don't think the writers have the chops to create a Gus Fring type of character. Dialogue is not their strong suit. They don't know the meaning of "less is more".

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:26 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
heheh

Great band

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post

Pretty sure that somebody that has an entertainment wall unit composed of jars of decapitated heads already qualifies..

Old
11-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Section337
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Pretty sure that somebody that has an entertainment wall unit composed of jars of decapitated heads already qualifies..
And a personal driving range.

Section337 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Oilception

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't doubt that he's a great character, but it feels like he's being set up as someone who might have a little too much trust in his soldiers. He'll get his turn this season, but I'll bet Merle offs him at the end and plans the extermination of our heroes in Season 4.

Keep in mind that someone has already spied on Rick's crew this season, and there are no plans in the Gov's camp to attack them. I think the spy was Merle as well.

I don't think the writers have the chops to create a Gus Fring type of character. Dialogue is not their strong suit. They don't know the meaning of "less is more".
I believe the person who was spying on ricks crew was Andrew, who they killed last episode. (assuming your talking about when someone was watching carol practice the c section)They also talked about this briefly on talking dead and basically agreed it was most likely him

Oilception is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:

Don't underestimate the Governor. Kirkman even wrote a separate novel about him called: Rise of the Governor.

You haven't seen the worst of him yet.

Neilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Stoneman89

Quote:
heheh

Is Karen Carpenter back from the dead? Yechhhh.....

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Great band
Indeed. Had the chance to see them in Calgary year and a half ago in the beautiful setting of the Calgary Folk Fest. Kind of eclectic for a folk fest and most of the audience didn't seem to get it but she put on a great performance. She had the identical band to the unforgettable ACL performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Is Karen Carpenter back from the dead? Yechhhh.....
heh, joking aside keep an open mind. Brilliant artist that basically every musician wants to be associated with including currently David Byrne from Talking Heads.

But yeah, she's kinda thin. But basically due to high energy and not ever sitting still. No moss growing on this performer any time soon. Been ripping it up around the world for years. With St. Vincent performances being memorable as a rule.
Like a lot of worthwhile music it really grows on you and gets better with every listen.

Now back to Lori from walking dead who looked like a corpse before she turned..

Old
11-08-2012, 10:56 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section337 View Post
And a personal driving range.
That was an amazing scene especially the head shot lol

awesomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilio View Post
Don't underestimate the Governor. Kirkman even wrote a separate novel about him called: Rise of the Governor.

You haven't seen the worst of him yet.
He is one sick *******. I have got a really really eerie feeling about what he want's with the girls.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:23 PM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
He is one sick *******. I have got a really really eerie feeling about what he want's with the girls.
Well in the comic books I think they get brutally wrapped if you know what I mean.

Whether they have that occur in the show is yet to be seen. I'd rather it didn't.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

So heres the deal. A governor that doesn't trust many people and assassinates several somehow Trusts merle and the demented blonde girl. The two most untrustworthy characters in the series thus far.

Also, odd that Michonne, who seems very astute, and looking out for any backstabbing, has been hanging around with the biggest backstabber in the series the last 8mths.

Must be looking over her shoulder a lot..especially since she don't got her zombies working the point..

Merle and the blondechick are two that I'd have nothing at all to do with from the start and which is more than evident.

Old
11-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
So heres the deal. A governor that doesn't trust many people and assassinates several somehow Trusts merle and the demented blonde girl. The two most untrustworthy characters in the series thus far.
He trusts Merle because he can control Merle. He likes loners that respect his power. If he thought that he couldn't control Merle, he's be dead.

He likes Andrea and Michonne, because they've been badass enough to survive on their own on the outside that long. He sees the value in that. And if you're a loner, it would be easier to win your loyalty.

Quote:
Also, odd that Michonne, who seems very astute, and looking out for any backstabbing, has been hanging around with the biggest backstabber in the series the last 8mths.

Must be looking over her shoulder a lot..especially since she don't got her zombies working the point..
Even so, I doubt Michonne knows much about that. They've been fighting and surviving together for 8 months. If Andrea is back-stabby at all, its in a group setting.

Quote:
Merle and the blondechick are two that I'd have nothing at all to do with from the start and which is more than evident.
Both have their purpose. Merle as an attack dog and Andrea as a sniper.

Neilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Do you take entertainment based on other people's expenses?

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Do you take entertainment based on other people's expenses?
???

That was sarcasm btw.

Old
11-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
???

That was sarcasm btw.
I know.

Sorry that came across wrong.

Old
11-10-2012, 07:52 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Anyone think the man (the guy that was about to shoot his zombie wife) and his son who took in Rick when he was fresh out of the hospital in Season 1 comes back at all throughout the series?

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Anyone think the man (the guy that was about to shoot his zombie wife) and his son who took in Rick when he was fresh out of the hospital in Season 1 comes back at all throughout the series?
I'm gonna say yes.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

I have a feeling Morgan will make a re-appearance in some sort of life saving or sacrificing circumstance. Maybe he will kill the governor or Merle?

I'm still in shock that Lori just died.