HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Renbarg

vCash: 500
Assist from Landry. Stretch pass?

Old
11-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashinWorksHard View Post
3-2 now. Mcdonald, Sundstrom and Nelson. 1+1 fpr Nelson.

How many time Kabanov will be out? and Nilsson?
Nilsson is back to backing up Poulin, so he's probably very close. I don't think anything has been announced regarding Kabanov.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:27 PM
YashinWorksHard

Nino with the goal!! 4-2. +3 for him and Nelson today.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Fairenough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
he is what he is..an ahl dman..the de haan injury leaves a void on the blue line for sure
It will hurt them even more once Hamonic and likely Donovan will move back to the Island.

Ness-Landry
Wishart-McIver
Hill-Cantin

Yuck...

Old
11-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Not to sound like a D*** but Does it really matter who gets the assist, the team played a less then spirited game and deserved to lose. The defense had numerous breakdowns and Poulin had what could have been the his worst game in 2 years. If Bport is not playing gritty and a grinding style they seem to get lulled to sleep.
I just want to reiterate this post when Bport plays nasty, gritty and spirited they beat teams into submission or have a very good chance at winning. The plays with edge today and won and then stated after the game by Colin Macdonald...
The Sound Tigers‏@TheSoundTigers

"We're realizing that we're a better team when we play physical" - @ColinMcDonald13 on the team's 4-2 win. #BST

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

Old
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Degeneration Rex

After 1-Bridgeport 1, Manchester 0-of note Anders Nilsson in goal, goal by Cizikas from Hamonic.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:13 PM
YashinWorksHard

Nelson with the shorthanded goal, 4-2! I think Anders Nillson will be our future starting goalie.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:38 PM
NYI78

5-2 win for the sound tigers...good to see Anders back

Old
11-10-2012, 02:01 AM
LetsGoIslanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashinWorksHard View Post
Nelson with the shorthanded goal, 4-2! I think Anders Nillson will be our future starting goalie.
Unless Nilsson does particularly well this season, I think the Islanders would do well to draft a goaltender early in the 2013 draft. I haven't seen Poulin or Nilsson with legitimate starter potential yet.

That said, I'm just happy Nino and Nelson are putting up great numbers. After Nelson's 4-0-0-0 debut last season, I was worried he'd be a flameout at the pro level. And of course, I worried about Nino's confidence after last season.

Old
11-10-2012, 02:19 AM
Noreaster96

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoIslanders View Post
Unless Nilsson does particularly well this season, I think the Islanders would do well to draft a goaltender early in the 2013 draft. I haven't seen Poulin or Nilsson with legitimate starter potential yet.

That said, I'm just happy Nino and Nelson are putting up great numbers. After Nelson's 4-0-0-0 debut last season, I was worried he'd be a flameout at the pro level. And of course, I worried about Nino's confidence after last season.
So you were worried about Nelson after just coming out of college in his first AHL games not doing great? I can understand Niño, but that seems to be jumping the gun for Nelson

And don't think either Nilsson or Poulin have starter potential?

To each their own I suppose...

Old
11-10-2012, 05:28 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

I'm very pleased with how well, both Poulin and Nilson are developing in the AHL.They led Bridgeport to last season's division crown.

I don't want Snow using a high pick in a strong draft, to pickup another goalie. Especially because we gave Anaheim our 2nd rounder for Vis and if the season is wiped out, Snow will have no chance to trade his vets at the trade deadline.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:16 AM
luki here

Im just happy Nilsson is back. Poulin looked shaky and needed some help.

Old
11-10-2012, 08:28 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
I for one am very excited Nilsson is back. I might agree that so far to me Poulin has not yet showed clear #1 Potential, he has some work to do before anyone can expect that type of play through 60+ games on the NHL level. ANd I am not even factoring in the injuries, which as Islander fans, we should all realize are a major red flag and at times serious deterrents for Goaltenders reaching their potential.

However Nilsson has everything you can want, he has the skill set to be not only a #1 goaltender in the NHL but an elite one at that. Right now he has to play second fiddle to the more experienced Poulin a little bit, but in the end I think You will se Nilsson be a major impoact in Net in the NHL for 60+ games a season in the NHL (hopefully it's with th Islanders), and I would be perfectly happy with Poulin getting the other 25-30 starts a season as I think he can be a brilliant backup.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:03 AM
NYI78

Quote:

if you don't think they have nhl potential then your not watching them play enough...poulin should be a very good backup goalie to a average starter in the nhl and nilsson has all star potential franchise goalie in him..he is the best, most complete golaie i've ever seen in bport

Old
11-10-2012, 09:04 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
Im just happy Nilsson is back. Poulin looked shaky and needed some help.
and playing way to much..you don't want him playing 8 of nine games that soon kid needs a rest

Old
11-10-2012, 10:01 AM
scott99

A quick question about Niederreiter and Nelson. On AHL's website, Nelson is considered a rookie, Niederreiter is not. At least when I look at the stats for Bridgeport. Niederreiter played 6 games last year and Nelson played 4. Are you considered a veteran after 5 games ? This has to be an error. John Persson is considered a rookie, and he played 10 games for Bridgeport last year.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:32 AM
bossy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
A quick question about Niederreiter and Nelson. On AHL's website, Nelson is considered a rookie, Niederreiter is not. At least when I look at the stats for Bridgeport. Niederreiter played 6 games last year and Nelson played 4. Are you considered a veteran after 5 games ? This has to be an error. John Persson is considered a rookie, and he played 10 games for Bridgeport last year.
Nino played a full pro season in the NHL.

Old
11-10-2012, 11:24 AM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22 View Post
Nino played a full pro season in the NHL.
He did ? , somehow that skipped my mind. So glad he didn't let a terrible rookie season ruin him. He is playing fantastic for Bridgeport, him and Nelson are really meshing. Our top three scorers are 20yo, 21 and 21. Then add in exciting rookies like Sundstrom (20) and Persson (21). Wow watching Bridgeport games must be fun.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Renbarg

Ullstrom didn't play last night, is he alright?

Judging by the stats, he is struggling out of the gate.

Old
11-10-2012, 02:10 PM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post

Lower body injury.

Old
11-10-2012, 03:34 PM
NYI78

Quote:

he's been battling a nagging injury for about 2 weeks

Old
11-10-2012, 03:37 PM
luki here

Quote:

only played a couple of minutes the game he got his injury, he really has played very little. Did win us a game with a converted SO penalty shot though. Gotta credit him with that!

even though i am a little concerned that the ups line might not work, i think ullstrom is a lock for a productive season in bridgeport (barring serious injury). Should kabby come back soon they will be significantly stronger than now.

Too bad about CdH, he was the best of the bunch in the first game...

Old
11-10-2012, 10:44 PM
LetsGoIslanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
if you don't think they have nhl potential then your not watching them play enough...poulin should be a very good backup goalie to a average starter in the nhl and nilsson has all star potential franchise goalie in him..he is the best, most complete golaie i've ever seen in bport
Admittedly, I'm just going off what I've seen watching AHL Live this season. You live in Milford and obviously watch more games live than I do. I think Poulin's rebound control is questionable and he's been sniped a few times this season. Obviously, a well-placed shot is just that, but I'm not sure his glove/blocker reflexes are NHL caliber. In the limited action I saw Nilsson at the NHL level last season, it was pretty ugly for the most part.

Again, I'm just happy that Nelson and Nino are finding the back of the net. If those guys can sustain their early season success, we have a couple of gems at forward, not to mention Strome leading the OHL in points.

Old
11-11-2012, 01:13 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
In the limited action I saw Nilsson at the NHL level last season, it was pretty ugly for the most part.
You must have missed his 2 games in March against the Eastern Conference Champion Devils. He shut the Devils out for 118+ minutes and almost single handedly got the team 2 1-0 victories. Of course the stellar D blew it for him and he gave up 2 late goals in the second game, but it was a phenomenal effort, I was at both games, and they were absolute CLINICS

Old
11-11-2012, 02:13 AM
SaintTavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
You must have missed his 2 games in March against the Eastern Conference Champion Devils. He shut the Devils out for 118+ minutes and almost single handedly got the team 2 1-0 victories. Of course the stellar D blew it for him and he gave up 2 late goals in the second game, but it was a phenomenal effort, I was at both games, and they were absolute CLINICS
I was at both of those games as well, and thought he looked like a legit future goalie. He was the best player in those games and with the exception of the breakdown at the end of the first game, he was unbeatable.

Closed Thread