HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

N. Kadri discussion thread v12

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2012, 09:27 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

vCash: 500
Thankfully he had a multi-point night tonight. Should get going now. As much as I love Kadri one thing I dislike about him is that he's a bit of a slow starter at times. Even in his final junior season after we drafted him, he wasn't really that impressive for the first 20 games in; he was playing at PPG but that's to be expected of an offensive talent drafted 7th overall and in their final junior year. After that he turned it up another gear and finished the season with 93 points in only 56 games, along with an impressive playoffs, 27 pts in only 12 games.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:35 PM
mapleleaf979

3 points tonight for Kadri. 3 points in the first 9 games. By game 15 he will be leading the team in points. KAdri is streaky. He can pile up 10 points in 3 games and then 0 in the next 3. I think the Leafs are taking a risk by keeping him in the AHL if the lockout ends. At some point frustration has to kick in if your not getting the chance. With Wilson gone I see some hope. Wilson went out of his way to bash this kid and hold him back. He has passed all his tests in my opinion. See what u have in the NHL. The AHL is a little different game. NHL guys make better passes and are constantly in position more. U dont want to get him use to the AHL game. Eberle and Hall u'd think would be dominating but its not the case. He needs a chance and from my view will SHINE over the course of 50 + NHL games and never look back. Hall has 1 goal in 3 games. Eberle has 11 points in 11 games. Similar to what Kadri produces in his AHL career, in that its very close to 1 point per game. Eberle had 76 points in 78 games last year in the NHL. Im not saying Kadri will transform to 70+ points. I do think Kadri in his second full NHL season, can get 60+ points.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 11-10-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old
11-10-2012, 09:38 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
3 points tonight for Kadri. 3 points in the first 9 games. By game 15 he will be leading the team in points. KAdri is streaky. He can pile up 10 points in 3 games and then 0 in the next 3. I think the Leafs are taking a risk by keeping him in the AHL if the lockout ends. At some point frustration has to kick in if your not getting the chance. With Wilson gone I see some hope. Wilson went out of his way to bash this kid and hold him back. He has passed all his tests in my opinion. See what u have in the NHL. The AHL is a little different game. NHL guys make better passes and are constantly in position more.
We're talking million dollar per year contracts.

What has he done to earn that much money?

He isn't even PPG in the AHL, I don't have any problems if the Leafs make him earn the right to play in the NHL. He hasn't done that yet.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
11-10-2012, 09:47 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post

He isn't even PPG in the AHL, I don't have any problems if the Leafs make him earn the right to play in the NHL. He hasn't done that yet.
I didnt mention money. Earn money? Komasarek, Finger, Phaneuf, Lombardi, Connolly u call that earning your pay? Kadri has a very friendly cap hit @ 1.7 and brings alot more than the Crabbs and Boyce's of the world as well as those multi millionaires i listed above that all made north of 3.5 million. Not at PPG? Close enough. 58 games, 46 points. (0.79) ppg. Last Year he was 0.83 These numbers are constantly moving. If Eberle is held pointless for the next 2 games he will be at 0.84

Old
11-10-2012, 09:51 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
I didnt mention money. He has a very friendly cap hit, unlike at least 5 leafs. Not at PPG? Close enough. 58 games, 46 points. (0.79) ppg. Last Year he was 0.83 These numbers are constantly moving. If Eberle is held pointless for the next 2 games he will be at 0.84
Kadri's strength is putting up points, drawing penalties and not much more.

This is what his 3rd. AHL season? So PPG is a minimum expecatation for me.

Eberle 76 points in 78 games last year. Oh, that was in the NHL. Let's not even mention Kadri and Eberle in the same atmosphere yet.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Dangles McGavin
Embrace the Petri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Well Kadri had 3 points tonight.

Does that means he's our saviour?

No, that'd be about as foolish as claiming that Kadri being benched for a game means he's a bust.
I like what ULF said yesterday (?). "Kadri is just another prospect".

I don't have high expectations from him. I'd love to see him succeed but I just don't see his skill-set translating into anything substantial at the NHL level.

I leave it to him to prove me wrong. But I won't be waiting on him to be our savior.

Rielly on the other hand...

Old
11-10-2012, 09:56 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:

Eberle 76 points in 78 games last year. Oh, that was in the NHL. Let's not even mention Kadri and Eberle in the same atmosphere yet.
Leafs management has no clue how to develop kids. Its frightening. Look at Schenn and Kadri. Schenn needed another WHL season. He is gone now. Kadri was sent back to the AHL after that performance in Ottawa with 2 goals and 1 assist. Post Game all Wilson talked about was Kadri's "junior habits". Kadri is picked apart unlike Kulemin and Bozak, Reimer etc. 1 season in the AHL was enough. He passed his tests.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:56 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:

he was not mentioning anything, just saying that if eberle fails to register a point in 2 games, he will have almost same PPG average like eberle

u love to twist things around

Old
11-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

vCash: 201
Quote:

There's a 99.9 % chance that next season he'll be on a one-way deal as he's an RFA this off-season; if the Leafs aren't willing to give him a one-way deal, a team would offer-sheet him. I'm not sure how waiver exemption works, but if he's on a one-way deal next season he'll almost definitely be with the big club. That is, if we don't trade him for Luongo first .

Old
11-10-2012, 09:59 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Leafs management has no clue how to develop kids. Its frightening. Look at Schenn and Kadri. Schenn needed another WHL season. Kadri was sent back to the AHL after that performance in Ottawa with 2 goals and 1 assist. Post Game all Wilson talked about was Kadri's "junior habits". 1 season in the AHL was enough. He passed his tests.

carlyle seemed to like kadri, however I wouldn't agree that one season was enough, i think he needed more, but now I believe he can take the 2nd line LW spot on leafs right now

carlyle has developed bobby ryan, perry, getzlaf,

Old
11-10-2012, 10:00 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
There's a 99.9 % chance that next season he'll be on a one-way deal as he's an RFA this off-season; if the Leafs aren't willing to give him a one-way deal, a team would offer-sheet him. I'm not sure how waiver exemption works, but if he's on a one-way deal next season he'll almost definitely be with the big club. That is, if we don't trade him for Luongo first .

he needs a solid season in AHL if there is no NHL this year

kadri will be on leafs this year or next no matter what unless if he flunders bad,

Old
11-10-2012, 10:02 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
carlyle seemed to like kadri, however I wouldn't agree that one season was enough, i think he needed more, but now I believe he can take the 2nd line LW spot on leafs right now

carlyle has developed bobby ryan, perry, getzlaf,
Yes. LEAfs used the 4 call ups post trade deadline and couldnt call anyone else up. Kadri was called up for 1 game in an emergency situation which is allowed and has to be sent down right after. Carlyle apparently told Kadri he wished he could have stayed and would have kept him if he could. I think its time to pump Kadri's tires with such comments. Keep the negatives in the office and away from the twitter and newspaper world. People and media run with negatives.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:02 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:

If feel like nobody should be allowed to bring up Eberle's 76 point season without an obligatory "19% shooting percentage"

Old
11-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

Quote:
he needs a solid season in AHL if there is no NHL this year

kadri will be on leafs this year or next no matter what unless if he flunders bad,
Probably not this whole year (if there is one), unless there is a trade or injuries:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kulemin
Macarthur-Mcclement-Frattin/Connolly/Kadri
Komarov-Steckel-Brown
Lombardi

He'll be fighting with Frattin and Connolly for third line RW. He'll probably be the first injury call-up if there are no moves.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:09 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
Probably not this whole year (if there is one), unless there is a trade or injuries:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kulemin
Macarthur-Mcclement-Frattin/Connolly/Kadri
Komarov-Steckel-Brown
Lombardi

He'll be fighting with Frattin and Connolly for third line RW. He'll probably be the first injury call-up if there are no moves.

tim's contract ends after this year, than kadri will probably be full time member, plus mac, even though I like mac, kadri brings better skill level and could produce more than mac

Old
11-10-2012, 10:13 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
tim's contract ends after this year, than kadri will probably be full time member, plus mac, even though I like mac, kadri brings better skill level and could produce more than mac
This is what pisses me off. Burke makes a mistake with a player than he hurts a young prospects development. Id like to get a look at Blacker and Holzer in the NHL this year. Even Paul Ranger. Forwards Id like to see D'amigo and Kadri. D'amigo I really like his hustle. Develop his PK skills and get him on a third line or even 4th during a slump. Groom him for the 3rd line down the road and a PK guy. More upside than players we have, that are not going to have much more growth in there game. Lombardi has to go ASAP or benched. Connolly doesnt seem to care at all. He does not show up too play most games. Those 2 guys are taking spots and hurting the development for young kids like Kadri, D'amigo, Colbourne. Bench Kulemin during a 7 goal year after getting 30. Make him pay a price, make them all accountable. Having Boyce and Crabb was embarrassing. They have low end skill with no growth potential. Wilson was a control freak.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Some players just fit better in the NHL. I remember Bozak played poorly in the AHL before his first call up, then arguably played the best hockey of his pro career in his rookie year with the Leafs. Gardiner also mentioned this in a couple of interviews, saying that the weaker passing and tempo in the AHL can mess with a player sometimes. I think this is the case with Kadri, he seems to benefit from the skill level of the NHL. He played some really good games with the Leafs, I just think his leash was far too short with Hitler......I mean Wilson.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:20 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
This is what pisses me off. Burke makes a mistake with a player than he hurts a young prospects development. Id like to get a look at Blacker and Holzer in the NHL this year. Even Paul Ranger. Forwards Id like to see D'amigo and Kadri. D'amigo I really like his hustle. Develop his PK skills and get him on a third line or even 4th during a slump. Groom him for the 3rd line down the road and a PK guy. More upside than players we have, that are not going to have much more growth in there game. Lombardi has to go ASAP or benched. Connolly doesnt seem to care at all. He does not show up too play most games. Those 2 guys are taking spots and hurting the development for young kids like Kadri, D'amigo, Colbourne. Bench Kulemin during a 7 goal year after getting 30. Make him pay a price, make them all accountable. Having Boyce and Crabb was embarrassing. They have low end skill with no growth potential. Wilson was a control freak.

nothing against frattin but wilson seemed to have a man crush on him, him over kadri was just insane sometimes

Old
11-10-2012, 10:23 PM
mapleleaf979

Ive always though Kadri's vision and playmaking with Kessel..would be perfect. Bozak is a 3rd liner. I dont like Bozak's inconsitent play. I think Bozak has a low compete level. Bozak and Kessel have man crushes on each other. I wonder if Frattin's knee surgury affects any part of his game. I like Frattin. He has great shot. 3rd liner to me on a good team.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Anthrax442

vCash: 551
Is he traded yet? No? Alrite, I can wait a bit more..

Old
11-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

Quote:
nothing against frattin but wilson seemed to have a man crush on him, him over kadri was just insane sometimes
Frattin can flat out score, the kid has an NHL calibre shot. He's also more physical, and is a better two-way player than Kadri. He had 24 goals in 33 games last year in the AHL, 36 goals in 44 games in the NCAA the year before, and has 25 goal potential in the NHL. There's nothing wrong with playing him over Kadri.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

Agreed. Frattin is just flat out a better player than Kadri at this point in time. It helps that Frattin is three years older, but it is what it is.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:47 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Frattin's a goal scorer, kadri's a playmaker. Their strengths compliment each other.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Kadri-Colborne-Frattin

Cost effective 3rd line once we sign Getz and Perry

Old
11-10-2012, 10:56 PM
TMLKesselftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Agreed. Frattin is just flat out a better player than Kadri at this point in time. It helps that Frattin is three years older, but it is what it is.
I'd rather him be on the 3rd line, I know his defensive play is overrated, but i think he can still become a pretty good 2-way player.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kadri
Kulemin - McClement - Frattin
Komarov - Steckel - Brown

^ this line-up seems good to me, not amazing, but decent.... 3rd line has scoring potential but all good to great defensively. Also, I feel like if Kadri doesn't turn out to be a top 6 player he could be a Marchand-like player.... Very good agitator and exceptional at drawing penalties.

Closed Thread