HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Perron to Detroit

Old
11-11-2012, 12:06 AM
jroc86

vCash: 500
Pass ... Perrons dome is softer than a bruised peach. Im content with Nyquist and Brunner getting top 6 minutes.

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 02:39 AM
pdd

No chance we get a significant asset from a division rival at a reasonable price. The last trade made with a division rival was for an aging Chelios who was clashing with management, and the Wings still had to give up a young top-four defenseman and two firsts to get him.

Chicago's biggest issue with that deal was draft failure; Chicago could have had Havelid, Commodore, or Leopold in 1999 instead of McCarthy if they still took a defenseman, a slew of skilled forwards were also available, or there were goaltenders such as Alex Auld, Craig Anderson (who they did eventually draft in 2001 after he re-entered), or Ryan Miller.

In 2001 they could have taken Mike Smith, Cristobal Huet, Peter Budaj, Ray Emery, Jussi Markkanen, Pasi Nurminen, or Martin Gerber just from the goalies. Pominville, Cammalleri, Derek Roy, Sharp, Tootoo, Steckel, McClement, Veilleux, Thorburn, Jackman, Tyutin, Aaron Johnson, and Nathan Paetch were all guys who were picked before 100 (in other words, on the radar by the Munro pick) who have been contributors at the NHL level.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Pass ... Perrons dome is softer than a bruised peach. Im content with Nyquist and Brunner getting top 6 minutes.
Oh you mean the one injury he's had that was a blindside hit to the head? Yeah get out of here.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 12:37 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 3530
Quote:
So one injury that he came back from over a year ago and hasn't had any problems with since means he's pretty much done?

I'll be excited this year seeing the Red Wings out of the top 8. (Next season, depending on when it is.)

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
So one injury that he came back from over a year ago and hasn't had any problems with since means he's pretty much done?

I'll be excited this year seeing the Red Wings out of the top 8. (Next season, depending on when it is.)
I'm going to be excited to watch all of the people who think Detroit is done be proven wrong.

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Wiems35*

Quote:
You don't watch much hockey, do you?

Wiems35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
You should probably stop watching then, because it's not happening.

Although if you honestly think eight teams in the West are better than Detroit, I'd question how much hockey knowledge you actually have in the first place.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 02:50 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Lol simply moronic statement. Perron has one injury in his career and suddenly he's "softer than a bruised peach"

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 02:54 PM
stlblues9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
You should probably stop watching then, because it's not happening.

Although if you honestly think eight teams in the West are better than Detroit, I'd question how much hockey knowledge you actually have in the first place.
Question all you want, but I stick by my statement.

Old
11-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Question all you want, but I stick by my statement.
It wasn't questioning, it was stating fact. Lidstrom's loss is blown out of proportion and even if they suck defensively they're still good enough offensively (Better than they were last year) to get the job done.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:01 PM
stlblues9

Quote:
It wasn't questioning, it was stating fact. Lidstrom's loss is blown out of proportion and even if they suck defensively they're still good enough offensively (Better than they were last year) to get the job done.
I've been watching and following hockey since I was a kid, just because I think a team will miss the playoffs doesn't mean I don't know anything about hockey. It's not just Lidstrom leaving but Datsyuk and Zetterberg getting a year older.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
I've been watching and following hockey since I was a kid, just because I think a team will miss the playoffs doesn't mean I don't know anything about hockey. It's not just Lidstrom leaving but Datsyuk and Zetterberg getting a year older.
And just because you've been watching hockey for a long time doesn't make you any more right when you predict a team to miss the playoffs.

You're right, Zetterberg and Datsyuk are older.

And Filppula finally broke out... And Nyquist is currently 2nd in scoring in the AHL... And Brunner is currently tearing things up with his linemate... Zetterberg.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
And just because you've been watching hockey for a long time doesn't make you any more right when you predict a team to miss the playoffs.

And Filppula finally broke out... And Nyquist is currently 2nd in scoring in the AHL... And Brunner is currently tearing things up with his linemate... Zetterberg.
Although I do disagree with the statement that the Wings will miss the playoffs, Nyquist and Brunner aren't guaranteed to be surefire top 6 players in the NHL. Sure they've been good in their respective leagues, but that doesn't mean anything until they play in the NHL.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacheesh View Post
Although I do disagree with the statement that the Wings will miss the playoffs, Nyquist and Brunner aren't guaranteed to be surefire top 6 players in the NHL. Sure they've been good in their respective leagues, but that doesn't mean anything until they play in the NHL.
I absolutely agree with you on Brenner. If you didn't watch Nyquist last year though, he did very well in his NHL stint. The guy generates scoring chances very well and is good with the puck. He's no Datsyuk with it, but with the stuff he does for as young as he is, he makes it look like he could turn out to be a star.

He floated between the first and bottom line last year, with the main problem being that against some teams (And St. Louis actually comes to mind) he was so light that he got rag-dolled around. He gained a good amount of weight over the offseason and, so I've read, he's much stronger on the puck now.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:49 PM
stlblues9

Quote:

I never said my opinion was more right than anyone elses. I just said I stick by my statement, which I do.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:49 PM
jroc86

Quote:
Zetterberg and Datsyuk are still among 2 of the hottest players in the World as of today ... they both have allot of elite hockey left in them. Neither has ever had Bure'esque speed, Lindros'esque physicality, or prime-Ovechkin wreckless abandonment... like Lidstrom, they are surgeons - not stunt men and their games never hinged on "young mans" physical gifts in the first place. They are effective with hard work, responsibility, puck skills, and hockey IQ. Cant wait to see Brunner and Nyquist come into the fold when things get going this year ....

jroc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
I never said my opinion was more right than anyone elses. I just said I stick by my statement, which I do.
And if you can justify it fine. So far you haven't.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Zetterberg and Datsyuk are still among 2 of the hottest players in the World as of today ... they both have allot of elite hockey left in them. Neither has ever had Bure'esque speed, Lindros'esque physicality, or prime-Ovechkin wreckless abandonment... like Lidstrom, they are surgeons - not stunt men and their games never hinged on "young mans" physical gifts in the first place. They are effective with hard work, responsibility, puck skills, and hockey IQ. Cant wait to see Brunner and Nyquist come into the fold when things get going this year ....
Extremely well said. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are not reckless and incredibly physical like an Ovechkin type player. I don't think you'll see them start to really get worse for at least another couple of years, players like them have longer primes than most players because they rely much more on skill and intelligence. Injuries, however, could hurt Zetterberg. He isn't even close to done yet though. He had a bad start to the year with a great second half. He is still going to be a great two way center who is near a ppg for a couple more years. If you think Zetterberg and Datsyuk being a year older is going to majorly affect our playoff chances you really don't know the wings at all.

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 05:30 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Datsyuk could be an elite player until he's 40. I dunno if you can say the same about Zetterberg. He hasn't been the same player since the 09 playoffs. His skating made him a Conn Smythe winner, he isn't as big of a factor in games without it.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:42 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Fellow Blues fans shouldnt get to excited, the wings wont miss the POs, they never do. And they arent that much weeker.

But we should go back on topic anyway, I cant see a Perron trade to Det. We're not just rivals, we are pretty bad trading partners at all

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:12 AM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Wings could use a top 6 winger if Homer is done. What would blues want?
Just thought I'd note - Holmstrom hasn't been a top 6 forward for us for quite some time. Not sure what thoughts you were having when bringing him up. Maybe Hudler would have made sense?

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote