HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12/13' Offseason/Trades/Proposals: Leafs players and picks for a 1st. line ...

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2012, 09:15 PM
AmazedRink
Nifty Mittens,ATTACK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium trigger View Post
Why are we even talking about trading kessel? We've watched him become the goal scorer he was meant to be, than saw him become the play maker no one thought he was, and we even saw his 2way game improve,and he started to play with some emotion. He's still got more to show us.
As long as he keeps his play on the ice elite and the fans stay classy he's gonna be a leaf for life!

Old
11-10-2012, 10:46 PM
rdawg1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazedRink View Post
As long as he keeps his play on the ice elite and the fans stay classy he's gonna be a leaf for life!
Agreed, build around him, get a big hard hitting centre and the first line is set(easier said than done.)

On another note, Really hoping this Luongo trade goes through when hockey comes back.

I would much rather have him for say 4 solid years of goaltending while we build guys behind him then just go into the year with Scrivens/Reimer and just hope/pray a #1 goalie appears out of no where.

you get Luongo and we'll be heading into our prime years in the next 1-2 seasons IMO.(Not to mention, who knows, Corey Perry or Getz may be interested in coming to Toronto.)

Old
11-11-2012, 01:14 AM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cps230 View Post
Why so sarcastic?
Why not? I assumed everyone including kessel and Lupul in trade proposals had to be sarcastic too so I just joined the fun.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:46 AM
cps230

Quote:
Why not? I assumed everyone including kessel and Lupul in trade proposals had to be sarcastic too so I just joined the fun.
Ya i hear ya... we need hockey back.

Old
11-11-2012, 11:57 AM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Is this serious

Kessel is better then all 3 players... The only argument against Kessel is that his contract will be expiring
I agree Kessel is the better player. However after reading that article I can't see Anaheim agreeing to just trade Kessel for Ryan without asking for anything else since that's what happened when Philadelphia offered them James van Riemsdyk for Bobby Ryan.

Old
11-11-2012, 12:01 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

kaberle for colborne, 1st
aulie for ashton
schenn for van reimsdyk

BB should make a few more deals like this

we have an excess of Ds and need more big Fs

gardiner phaneuf
reilly

thats our big 3 to keep

Last edited by p.l.f.: 11-11-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old
11-11-2012, 12:16 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
I agree Kessel is the better player. However after reading that article I can't see Anaheim agreeing to just trade Kessel for Ryan without asking for anything else since that's what happened when Philadelphia offered them James van Riemsdyk for Bobby Ryan.
...Ya but kessel is far better than jvr... Am I missing something?

Old
11-11-2012, 12:29 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
...Ya but kessel is far better than jvr... Am I missing something?
I don't think so. All I did was mention how the Flyers offered JVR at the 2012 Draft to the Ducks for Bobby Ryan. However the Ducks also asked for Sean Couturier to complete the trade and the Flyers said no. So my opinion is if Brian Burke offered Kessel or Ryan then the Ducks might want someone like Morgan Rielly, because why ask for Sean Couturier if they are to trade Bobby Ryan.

Old
11-11-2012, 01:26 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
I don't think so. All I did was mention how the Flyers offered JVR at the 2012 Draft to the Ducks for Bobby Ryan. However the Ducks also asked for Sean Couturier to complete the trade and the Flyers said no. So my opinion is if Brian Burke offered Kessel or Ryan then the Ducks might want someone like Morgan Rielly, because why ask for Sean Couturier if they are to trade Bobby Ryan.
That's an epic overpayment. BB would get lynched I'd he did that trade. come back and tell me jvr is better than kessel when he scores 30+ 4 times. JVR was starting to become a project for Philly, he is not a sure thing to be a top line player. Kessel has outproduced Ryan in there careers too. They each bring they're own set of pros and cons and some ppl would take Ryan over kessel and some vice versa. But there is no way we are adding anything to kessel to get Ryan, definitely not rielly

Last edited by delirium trigger: 11-11-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old
11-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
kaberle for colborne, 1st
aulie for ashton
schenn for van reimsdyk

BB should make a few more deals like this

we have an excess of Ds and need more big Fs

gardiner phaneuf
reilly

thats our big 3 to keep
With Schenn and Aulie both being traded in the past year we no longer have an excess of D. Although we really don't need what Franson greatest strength is now or in the future. He's number 4 on the powerplay chart behind Phaneuf, Liles and Gardiner with Rielly coming up soon and forwards can also man the point on the PP sometimes.

If anything we've now got an excess of wingers (some of whom can play center) that Burke needs to move out.

Kessel, Lupul, JVR are the top 3 wingers.

Then we've got CMac, Kulemin, Connolly, Frattin and Lombardi who all need 3rd line type minutes plus we've got Kadri and Colborne on the farm team.

Old
11-11-2012, 02:40 PM
SarcazemKadri

Quote:
That's an epic overpayment. BB would get lynched I'd he did that trade. come back and tell me jvr is better than kessel when he scores 30+ 4 times. JVR was starting to become a project for Philly, he is not a sure thing to be a top line player. Kessel has outproduced Ryan in there careers too. They each bring they're own set of pros and cons and some ppl would take Ryan over kessel and some vice versa. But there is no way we are adding anything to kessel to get Ryan, definitely not rielly
Exactly. Ryan is not nearly as dynamic as Kessel. Ryan is more of a complimentary top liner, there is absolutely no way he could carry a team like Kessel does.

If the ducks wanted Kessel I would expect them to include a prospect like Holland.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcazemKadri View Post
Exactly. Ryan is not nearly as dynamic as Kessel. Ryan is more of a complimentary top liner, there is absolutely no way he could carry a team like Kessel does.

If the ducks wanted Kessel I would expect them to include a prospect like Holland.
Lol, Kessel cant carry a team.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:47 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozay View Post
Neither can

Old
11-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Heatleys Eye

Quote:
Agreed - I have this feeling that if the playoffs started, Kessel would disappear just like he did in every game against Boston

I am not trying to be a pessimist be he just seems like one of those players

Old
11-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Too bad you have been proven wrong this past season.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:39 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
With Schenn and Aulie both being traded in the past year we no longer have an excess of D. Although we really don't need what Franson greatest strength is now or in the future. He's number 4 on the powerplay chart behind Phaneuf, Liles and Gardiner with Rielly coming up soon and forwards can also man the point on the PP sometimes.

If anything we've now got an excess of wingers (some of whom can play center) that Burke needs to move out.

Kessel, Lupul, JVR are the top 3 wingers.

Then we've got CMac, Kulemin, Connolly, Frattin and Lombardi who all need 3rd line type minutes plus we've got Kadri and Colborne on the farm team.
youre thinking now (connolly mac lomb - gone in a yr with little market value
i'm thinking down the road in a few yrs - we'll have way too many nhl ready D with good upside - phaneuf gunnarsson liles franson gardiner holzer blacker reilly finn etc
- cant keep them all , hell thats enough for 2 teams

Old
11-11-2012, 05:39 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
Too bad you have been proven wrong this past season.
?

He was dynamite with his point production, but when someone mentions a player "carrying" their team, I don't think they mean to a Top 5 draft pick.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:45 PM
delirium trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
?

He was dynamite with his point production, but when someone mentions a player "carrying" their team, I don't think they mean to a Top 5 draft pick.
Ya, I think kessel is an important piece going forward, but unless you control the play and consistently make things happen you aren't carrying a team. Kessel himself would benefit greatly from having a line mate like that. Lupul looked like he was controlling the play at times last year.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:08 PM
JVReemer

vCash: 610
I have a feeling the Luongo trade is a done deal when the cba is decided upon. Something like:

Tor - Bozak, Franson, 2nd 2013
Van - Luongo

Would be my guess.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:26 PM
delirium trigger

What do ppl think about going after joensuu and his availability? What will be his status when his one year contract is up? He seems like he's got tool, an athlete, size, good hands. Seems like a slow developer who might be a project with some major upside. He's kicking ass in the SEL

Last edited by delirium trigger: 11-11-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old
11-11-2012, 11:34 PM
DougGilmour93

Trade Proposal

IF...Toronto acquired Luongo somehow...

TO EDM:
James Reimer

To TOR:
Anton Lander
Ryan Jones

OR

To CHI:
James Reimer

TO TOR:
Brandon Pirri
Kyle Beach

Old
11-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
What do ppl think about going after joensuu and his availability? What will be his status when his one year contract is up? He seems like he's got tool, an athlete, size, good hands. Seems like a slow developer who might be a project with some major upside. He's kicking ass in the SEL
If he comes cheap enough, sure, why the hell not. But he doesn't play center so isn't really a big need in my opinion. We have a couple players similar to him where they are big with possible top 6 potential (Biggs, Ashton)

Old
11-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Sergei Berezin

The EDM deal is horrible from a Leafs perspective.

Don't see why either of Chicago or EDM would do the deals. They both could just stick with their current tandems in net and have the same chance of getting good goaltending.

I don't want to trade Reimer until I see him for at least another season.

Old
11-11-2012, 11:47 PM
DougGilmour93

I see alot of upside with Lander. Not to mention I love R.Jones's game.

Old
11-11-2012, 11:48 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatleys Eye View Post
Agreed - I have this feeling that if the playoffs started, Kessel would disappear just like he did in every game against Boston

I am not trying to be a pessimist be he just seems like one of those players
Phil Kessel has a higher playoff PPG and GPG than regular season PPG. Until proven otherwise, Kessel is a bonafide playoff performer and a point-per game regular season offensive star.

Closed Thread