HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Biggest Surprising/Disappointing Players.

Old
10-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Nerf27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
What the heck are you talking about? Petgrave is a smart defender who isn't afraid to take the put and go end to end. I'm pretty sure he won the Memorial Cup with the Attack as well. Oshawa hasn't had a GOOD defense men let alone one that can take the puck and go since Calvin De Haan. Schemitsch is very inconsistent but Petgrave is very good. Uviraw? Really? I went to every Oshawa Generals game on Sunday last year and Uviraw didn't absolutely nothing. I've been watching the Gennies for the past three years and the first season I started attending was Sullentrops first year on D. Over the past THREE seasons Sullentrop has stayed the same. THE SAME. He hasn't improved, and he hasn't gotten worst. Hes stayed the same... I'm just a little curious, have you actually seen these players play a full 60 minutes?
Listen buddy...I am a season ticket holder and have watched the Gens for over 30 years.
I never classified Uvira as anything as it was asked where he was and I responded. My opinion and most in my section of Petgrave is yes he can move the puck but makes dumb decisions more than not. I also stated the to date this year Brown and Sully have been more reliable. Dude it is my opinion and I will state it and don't have to justify to you as I have seen your comments on here and I am pretty sure you don't know very much about the game you just like to hear yourself and pick other people apart. Have fun with that

Nerf27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he won the Memorial Cup with the Attack as well.
Really?

Last edited by Ward Cornell: 10-26-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:33 AM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
I've been saying this from before he got into the league, and yet all the Kitchener fans are ready to ship him out. Management knows his capability, solid defensemen.
No we know all to well how good he is and can be. Problem is, and what you're ignoring, is that Management isnt playing enough.

I'd sit Hanes and go with

Murphy - Iafrate
McEneny - Fanelli
Gilbert - Genovese

But that has happened maybe twice this season (they looked great btw).

In order to garner the top defensive d-man that this team needs to adequetly compete for a league championship, Gilbert will most certainly be a piece included in the deal. Not because he sucks, but because he is really good.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 01:20 AM
TuckerFan1

Quote:
What the heck are you talking about? Petgrave is a smart defender who isn't afraid to take the put and go end to end. I'm pretty sure he won the Memorial Cup with the Attack as well. Oshawa hasn't had a GOOD defense men let alone one that can take the puck and go since Calvin De Haan. Schemitsch is very inconsistent but Petgrave is very good. Uviraw? Really? I went to every Oshawa Generals game on Sunday last year and Uviraw didn't absolutely nothing. I've been watching the Gennies for the past three years and the first season I started attending was Sullentrops first year on D. Over the past THREE seasons Sullentrop has stayed the same. THE SAME. He hasn't improved, and he hasn't gotten worst. Hes stayed the same... I'm just a little curious, have you actually seen these players play a full 60 minutes?
Relax man. I'm also a seasons ticket holder and everything he said was true. Petgrave is a good d man but is really careless. I've seen him cough the puck up so many times, sometimes giving breakaways on the PP. A lot of people sitting around me say they think hes great, but man he gives me a heart attack sometimes when he has the puck

TuckerFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2012, 01:19 PM
tourlord*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerFan1 View Post
Relax man. I'm also a seasons ticket holder and everything he said was true. Petgrave is a good d man but is really careless. I've seen him cough the puck up so many times, sometimes giving breakaways on the PP. A lot of people sitting around me say they think hes great, but man he gives me a heart attack sometimes when he has the puck
The other guy made him sound like he was terrible. I get a bit nervous myself when I see him carry the puck at times but most of the times I've watched him playe he's played well. I was shocked when I seen him take the puck and go when we first acquired him last season. I hadn't seen an Oshawa defense man do that in ages. He joins in on the rush, plays well in his own end and isn't afraid to take the puck and go. Oshawa hasn't had one of these guys in years. Get your head out of your butt.

Last edited by tourlord*: 10-28-2012 at 01:31 PM.
tourlord* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 05:52 PM
TuckerFan1

Quote:
The other guy made him sound like he was terrible. I get a bit nervous myself when I see him carry the puck at times but most of the times I've watched him playe he's played well. I was shocked when I seen him take the puck and go when we first acquired him last season. I hadn't seen an Oshawa defense man do that in ages. He joins in on the rush, plays well in his own end and isn't afraid to take the puck and go. Oshawa hasn't had one of these guys in years. Get your head out of your butt.
Get your head out of your butt and do some research. Do you remember Calvin De Haan and Michael Del Zotto? Those guys put up numbers that would put Petgrave to shame

TuckerFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:58 PM
AK87
Hall of Famer

Surprise:
Micheal Moffat Kingston Frontenacs. He is near a point per game and is playing solid defensively.

AK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 09:49 PM
chewerjones

Surprise- Mississauga Steelheads. They are supposed to be in a rebuilding stage, and they are practically leading the East. Great core of 6 dmen and great goaltending from Martin. Steal getting Smoskovitz out of Barrie. James Boyd should be appreciated and acknowledged alot more.

Guelph, a close 2nd.

Disappointments-Peterborough, Sudbury and Ottawa so far. I think more has to do with management and player evaluations than with players.

Hopefully Oshawa can go along way this year with their new coach, and GM. Hopefully they play for the front of their jersey, and not the back of their jersey.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:24 AM
HLLYWD99

Surprise - Evan McEneny for the Rangers,no idea where he came from but has been by far the best player on the ice in the 2 games I have seen him play.
Dissapointment - Eckblad for the Colts, just because he has not lived up to the hype.

HLLYWD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLLYWD99 View Post
Surprise - Evan McEneny for the Rangers,no idea where he came from but has been by far the best player on the ice in the 2 games I have seen him play.
Dissapointment - Eckblad for the Colts, just because he has not lived up to the hype.
16 points in 20 games in what is essentially his rookie season. All ready has an OHL rookie of a year award. Will easily surpass his 29 points from last year and is a plus 7. I think he's done more than enough to live up to it.

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
I understand him being a surprise for fans from other teams but I think 100% of Rangers realized how big of a blow
it was to the team last year when he was injured in the 3rd game and missed the entire season.
IMHO he would have been a real solid 2nd round NHL pick and may have moved into the 1st round.

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:49 AM
zaluty

Surprise the play of the Kingston rookie line of Watson,Spencer and Ikonen. If they stay together in a couple of years top line in the OHL

zaluty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Brock

Thought this was a good place for this.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...2-2013-at.html

My opinion of the most improved players this year.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I understand him being a surprise for fans from other teams but I think 100% of Rangers realized how big of a blow
it was to the team last year when he was injured in the 3rd game and missed the entire season.
IMHO he would have been a real solid 2nd round NHL pick and may have moved into the 1st round.
Thank you Gillis

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 04:15 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaluty View Post
Surprise the play of the Kingston rookie line of Watson,Spencer and Ikonen. If they stay together in a couple of years top line in the OHL
I said it last year that Sam Bennett on the Marlies was the REAL DEAL, and most bloggers said that it was all due to McDavid.

Bennett has already taken over #1 ctre in Kingston over Kujawinski, and his line with Watson and Ikonen have definitely been opening up alot of eyes.

Last edited by OHLFan8771: 11-11-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Flaming
Old
11-11-2012, 10:51 PM
tourlord*

Quote:
Good call. The kid hasn't done much.

tourlord* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:54 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I said it last year that Sam Bennett on the Marlies was the REAL DEAL, and most bloggers said that it was all due to McDavid.

Bennett has already taken over #1 ctre in Kingston over Kujawinski, and his line with Watson and Ikonen have definitely been opening up alot of eyes.
I've always liked Bennett as well, its good to see him producing so early into his OHL career.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:57 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Ekblad is not a points guy, points do compliment his game. That's why I tell people stats aren't everything. He is very poised and positionally sound in the games I've seen him this year. He does the little things so well which is why he is so effective. Personally I don't think he's been disappointing by any means, yes he needs to bring it on a more consistent basis but most young players struggle with that. He has not looked out of place for a young guy.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
AK87
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post

I think Watson was the steal of the draft so far. Being a second round pick look at the numbers he has put up so far. The rookie line is the most exciting line in recent history for the Frontenacs and this is still their first year. Kujawinski needs a winger who can feed him the puck better than Jenkins, having a player like that and Kingston would be pretty dangerous.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Hockeyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Ekblad is not a points guy, points do compliment his game. That's why I tell people stats aren't everything. He is very poised and positionally sound in the games I've seen him this year. He does the little things so well which is why he is so effective. Personally I don't think he's been disappointing by any means, yes he needs to bring it on a more consistent basis but most young players struggle with that. He has not looked out of place for a young guy.
Sorry but Ekblad has been put in a position to be a points guy and if he does not get them then he is not doing what they need. He is on every PP so this is what is required of him.

Hockeyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:10 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK87 View Post
I think Watson was the steal of the draft so far. Being a second round pick look at the numbers he has put up so far. The rookie line is the most exciting line in recent history for the Frontenacs and this is still their first year. Kujawinski needs a winger who can feed him the puck better than Jenkins, having a player like that and Kingston would be pretty dangerous.
Cant disagree with you. I felt that Watson was the purest goal scorer last year.

I agree that Kujawinski needs a goal scorer on his line, but it may be difficult to pick one up via trade, as all good goal scorers will go to contenders.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:12 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Sorry but Ekblad has been put in a position to be a points guy and if he does not get them then he is not doing what they need. He is on every PP so this is what is required of him.
The most important stat you should be looking at is his +7 rating.

Old
11-13-2012, 07:32 AM
Bubba P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Have you looked at defencemen scoring.Ekblad is 3 pts. behind Ceci & Pelech, 2 behind Finn & Maatta,1 behind DeMelo,Moffat & Corrado. He started out slow but is now on a 12 game pt. streak. Not bad for a 16 year old.

Bubba P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 03:38 PM
AK87
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba P View Post
Have you looked at defencemen scoring.Ekblad is 3 pts. behind Ceci & Pelech, 2 behind Finn & Maatta,1 behind DeMelo,Moffat & Corrado. He started out slow but is now on a 12 game pt. streak. Not bad for a 16 year old.
Roland Mckewoen of the Frontenacs is only 3 points behind Eckblad also 16 years old but the difference is this is Mckewoens rookie year. At this point he could definatley surpass Eckblad points wise.

Old
11-20-2012, 09:28 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK87 View Post
Roland Mckewoen of the Frontenacs is only 3 points behind Eckblad also 16 years old but the difference is this is Mckewoens rookie year. At this point he could definatley surpass Eckblad points wise.
Of course one is a +8 and the other is a -6... Given that they are defencemen, defensive play should probably come into the equation...

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote