HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evgeni Malkin

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2012, 09:30 AM
  #201
threeGo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorsand View Post
Kadri, lupul, gunnarrson, Finn, Biggs, colborne, frattin, 2014 1st, 2nd, 2015 1st. Deal?
You're a disgrace to leafs fans.

threeGo is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 09:46 AM
  #202
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorsand View Post
Kadri, lupul, gunnarrson, Finn, Biggs, colborne, frattin, 2014 1st, 2nd, 2015 1st. Deal?

hlaverty06 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 11:30 AM
  #203
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,568
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh fans have to be the most unrealistic fans on these boards. You're hypothetically trading your guy because he wants to test free agency, why would anyone give all those pieces for one year of Malkin? If this was the case you'd probably get two good roster players and a stellar prospect for him at this point.

Then ironically enough Pitts fans always say they need stud right winger X from team Y and they offer up absolutely nothing for him hahah.

Fair enough if you want the moon for your stars, but it goes both ways.


Last edited by Mr Forever: 11-11-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Mr Forever is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 11:52 AM
  #204
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 42,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Pittsburgh fans have to be the most unrealistic fans on these boards. You're hypothetically trading your guy because he wants to test free agency, why would anyone give all those pieces for one year of Malkin? If this was the case you'd probably get two good roster players and a stellar prospect for him at this point.

Then ironically enough Pitts fans always say they need stud right winger X from team Y and they offer up absolutely nothing for him hahah.

Fair enough if you want the moon for your stars, but it goes both ways.
No, we aren't. Read the OP.

It asked whether a contract term limit would cause the Pens to want to deal Malkin, and the answer was a resounding no. The reigning MVP and scoring champ wants to stay and the Pens want to keep him, so there's nothing anyone could reasonably offer that would make us choose to deal him.

If a fan of another team wouldn't want to gut their organization because they might only get one year of Malkin, that's their problem.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 12:10 PM
  #205
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
Would Oilers fans/Pens fans do this?

RNH
Hall/Eberle
Schultz

for

Malkin
No. Drop Schultz from the equation and I might pull the trigger just for the sake of watching a line of Hall-Malkin-Yakupov dominate. In reality though, we aren't deep enough to do a two for one like this (would rather have 2 ppg players than one 100+ point MVP player). Some may disagree and feel receiving the best player means you come ahead in the deal, but in this case I think it would be a bad idea long-term.

I also think Eberle woul be the perfect compliment to Crosby, and then you'd have The Nuge with Neal and Kunitz. Very intriguing, but best left for a video game.

Roof Daddy is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 12:15 PM
  #206
Inconceivable
Registered User
 
Inconceivable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeGo View Post
You're a disgrace to leafs fans.
Why?

Inconceivable is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 12:27 PM
  #207
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,444
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorsand View Post
Why?
If you want Malkin, it would probably be something like Kessel+Grabovski+Phaneuf.

Your offer was a whole bunch of so-so prospects and picks(but not from 2013) and no core players.

Vankiller Whale is online now  
Old
11-11-2012, 12:40 PM
  #208
Inconceivable
Registered User
 
Inconceivable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
If you want Malkin, it would probably be something like Kessel+Grabovski+Phaneuf.

Your offer was a whole bunch of so-so prospects and picks(but not from 2013) and no core players.
Well I figure that at least some of them would pan out for Pittsburgh and become good impact players. Hell if they wanted the package you mentioned I'd do that too. I just figured Pittsburgh fans would be happy not to take on much salary and stack their farm system.

Inconceivable is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 12:55 PM
  #209
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 6,826
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
No. Drop Schultz from the equation and I might pull the trigger just for the sake of watching a line of Hall-Malkin-Yakupov dominate. In reality though, we aren't deep enough to do a two for one like this (would rather have 2 ppg players than one 100+ point MVP player). Some may disagree and feel receiving the best player means you come ahead in the deal, but in this case I think it would be a bad idea long-term.

I also think Eberle woul be the perfect compliment to Crosby, and then you'd have The Nuge with Neal and Kunitz. Very intriguing, but best left for a video game.
I agree with this.

Also, the o.p. wrote this...

"or do they trade him 1 year before he is set to become a UFA like they did with Jordan Staal?"

With all these proposals, I would never offer that much for a one years worth of Malkin. If you give up all the assets to get Malkin and then he leaves after a season, the team is screwed imo for a couple of years.

punk_o_holic is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 06:23 PM
  #210
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
I agree with this.

Also, the o.p. wrote this...

"or do they trade him 1 year before he is set to become a UFA like they did with Jordan Staal?"

With all these proposals, I would never offer that much for a one years worth of Malkin. If you give up all the assets to get Malkin and then he leaves after a season, the team is screwed imo for a couple of years.
That trade would be under assumption that he would sign like Staal did.

Ugene Malkin is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 08:37 PM
  #211
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On
 
TheRollingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Pittsburgh fans have to be the most unrealistic fans on these boards. You're hypothetically trading your guy because he wants to test free agency, why would anyone give all those pieces for one year of Malkin? If this was the case you'd probably get two good roster players and a stellar prospect for him at this point.
Because a GM would have done their due diligence.

Quote:
Then ironically enough Pitts fans always say they need stud right winger X from team Y and they offer up absolutely nothing for him hahah.
I'm sorry. I can't see those threads. Those 10,000 Staal to TO threads are blinding my eyes.

Quote:
Fair enough if you want the moon for your stars, but it goes both ways.
You do realize who those players are, right? If there are any players that could bring back "the moon", it would be them. Stamkos and Ovechkin are the only other players that hold that value.

TheRollingPuck is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 08:27 AM
  #212
Anderson55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Pittsburgh fans have to be the most unrealistic fans on these boards. You're hypothetically trading your guy because he wants to test free agency, why would anyone give all those pieces for one year of Malkin? If this was the case you'd probably get two good roster players and a stellar prospect for him at this point.

Then ironically enough Pitts fans always say they need stud right winger X from team Y and they offer up absolutely nothing for him hahah.

Fair enough if you want the moon for your stars, but it goes both ways.
Why because they think a 26 yr old reigning Hart, and Art Ross, is off limits or would take a tremendous overpayment to move? Its more unrealistic to find a true value for someone who will not be traded. (with Staal gone i put the chances below 1% of malkin getting dealt)

Anderson55 is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 11:45 AM
  #213
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
Why because they think a 26 yr old reigning Hart, and Art Ross, is off limits or would take a tremendous overpayment to move? Its more unrealistic to find a true value for someone who will not be traded. (with Staal gone i put the chances below 1% of malkin getting dealt)
i think malkin or sid would be available for a solid deal. When u think the cap is going down it would be more reasonable to spend the 8.7 they make on more then one player hense making them a better overall team. If they trade him for two top 6 players ( a center to replace him and a winger ) and young defenseman your team would be better off over all. just my opinion

KingCanadain1976 is online now  
Old
11-12-2012, 12:31 PM
  #214
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
i think malkin or sid would be available for a solid deal. When u think the cap is going down it would be more reasonable to spend the 8.7 they make on more then one player hense making them a better overall team. If they trade him for two top 6 players ( a center to replace him and a winger ) and young defenseman your team would be better off over all. just my opinion
Crosby will never leave the Penguins. He's going to be like Mario.

MonsterSurge is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 12:34 PM
  #215
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
Crosby will never leave the Penguins. He's going to be like Mario.
I totally understand your point only reason i included sid is one of the two big salarys should be moved imo The penguins are spending to much on 2 people.

KingCanadain1976 is online now  
Old
11-12-2012, 12:43 PM
  #216
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma
 
Beauner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I totally understand your point only reason i included sid is one of the two big salarys should be moved imo The penguins are spending to much on 2 people.
Is it really spending too much when they're the two best players in the world? And who are you going to spend that saved 8.7 million on instead? I can't see any combination of players making up for Malkin or Crosby's production. Besides that, those two are the heart and soul of the team. Both are captains and make the team what it is. Trading either would not be a good move.

Beauner is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 12:44 PM
  #217
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,234
vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I totally understand your point only reason i included sid is one of the two big salarys should be moved imo The penguins are spending to much on 2 people.
Yeah, not being able to throw more money at Hossa really killed us in 2009.



Spending $8.7 million apiece on the two best players is a problem every single GM in this league would love to have.

And I love the unrealistic claim. None of these threads are ever started by Penguins fans, we have no desire to trade the guys, and there's absolutely no reason to do so. Your concerns about him leaving via UFA bear absolutely no bearing on their value to us since that isn't an issue here.

That and for all the crap we got for saying you're not going to get Jordan Staal for a bunch of random C-level prospects...Shero got exactly what we expected for him. Maybe even a bit better because Dumoulin is a better prospect than most of the names that were thrown around beforehand.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 12:46 PM
  #218
chuck1984
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Value of him to the Leafs:

-Kessel
-Kadri
-Rielly
-2013 1st

Still probably not enough.
LOL enough with this garbage! He's not good enough to make the leafs, yet he's going to be part of getting one of the best talents in the league?

chuck1984 is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 12:58 PM
  #219
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
Is it really spending too much when they're the two best players in the world? And who are you going to spend that saved 8.7 million on instead? I can't see any combination of players making up for Malkin or Crosby's production. Besides that, those two are the heart and soul of the team. Both are captains and make the team what it is. Trading either would not be a good move.
yes the point is to make a cup winning team depth is needed and 3 solid peices are better then one star peice. I am a kings fan and to me a richards williams martinez ( maybe a pick added ) make the penguins better then they are now. Also imo defense wins cups. Richards is a number one center on most teams Williams is a solid frist line winger. I will be frist to admit i dont know to much about pitts. defense but the way they played against philly make me think they need some help in that area. Having two players making that much money hurts a team more then it helps. As much as it would hurt the fans to have either moved It would make them better overall.

KingCanadain1976 is online now  
Old
11-12-2012, 01:04 PM
  #220
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Yeah, not being able to throw more money at Hossa really killed us in 2009.



Spending $8.7 million apiece on the two best players is a problem every single GM in this league would love to have.

And I love the unrealistic claim. None of these threads are ever started by Penguins fans, we have no desire to trade the guys, and there's absolutely no reason to do so. Your concerns about him leaving via UFA bear absolutely no bearing on their value to us since that isn't an issue here.

That and for all the crap we got for saying you're not going to get Jordan Staal for a bunch of random C-level prospects...Shero got exactly what we expected for him. Maybe even a bit better because Dumoulin is a better prospect than most of the names that were thrown around beforehand.
i ll give u that point that they would love to have that level of talent not the salaries to match. the nhl now is about staying within a budject.
Ive made no such claim that they have the desire to trade them only if they got a soild offer they would /or should consider it. I also never once said anything to do with free agenty . I also never mentioned staal.

KingCanadain1976 is online now  
Old
11-12-2012, 01:07 PM
  #221
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 42,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
i ll give u that point that they would love to have that level of talent not the salaries to match. the nhl now is about staying within a budject.
Ive made no such claim that they have the desire to trade them only if they got a soild offer they would /or should consider it. I also never once said anything to do with free agenty . I also never mentioned staal.
I bet you any team in the league would take Crosby and Malkin at 8.7 mil per and shed whatever salary they needed to do it.

What's more, salary has not been a problem in attempting to sign other coveted FAs. Hossa, Parise, and Suter were all well within the Pens' budget, they simply chose to play elsewhere.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 01:22 PM
  #222
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
I bet you any team in the league would take Crosby and Malkin at 8.7 mil per and shed whatever salary they needed to do it.

What's more, salary has not been a problem in attempting to sign other coveted FAs. Hossa, Parise, and Suter were all well within the Pens' budget, they simply chose to play elsewhere.
well id take that bet. Like i said before its a team game and them making that much hurts the overall team game and depth. Theres no way a team like la would. Dean has built a team with a top paying player is only 7 million next 6.8. I serverly doubt he would handicap his team by spending that much on two player. He would be road out of town. La has been in on alot of free agents and when push come to shove he simply wont pay riduous number see kovochuk as prime example

KingCanadain1976 is online now  
Old
11-12-2012, 01:50 PM
  #223
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On
 
TheRollingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,042
vCash: 500
I hope Lemieux and Burkle show the door to Shero.

TheRollingPuck is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 05:58 PM
  #224
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 42,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
well id take that bet. Like i said before its a team game and them making that much hurts the overall team game and depth. Theres no way a team like la would. Dean has built a team with a top paying player is only 7 million next 6.8. I serverly doubt he would handicap his team by spending that much on two player. He would be road out of town. La has been in on alot of free agents and when push come to shove he simply wont pay riduous number see kovochuk as prime example
Well, you're wrong.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 06:00 PM
  #225
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,234
vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
i ll give u that point that they would love to have that level of talent not the salaries to match. the nhl now is about staying within a budject.
Ive made no such claim that they have the desire to trade them only if they got a soild offer they would /or should consider it. I also never once said anything to do with free agenty . I also never mentioned staal.
'Your' was a blanket statement about Leafs fans who think Penguins fans are being unrealistic. Only the first part of my post was in reference to yours.

Moving on...

Also the hilarious concept of '2 PPG players instead of 1 MVP-caliber player' is just asinine. How many PPG players are out there making ~$4.35 million per year?

Hell, how many teams in the entire league can say that they even have 2 PPG players on their team? Cap space isn't instantly used effectively or efficiently just because it exists...I'd expect Leafs fans to understand that. The cap is the furthest thing from an issue for the Penguins right now anyway.

Big McLargehuge is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.