HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Thread (V): Argos embarass Eskimos; Changes need to be made. Nichols seriously hurt.

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2012, 01:29 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 500
Well just LIKE WE ALL PREDICTED. Starting joseph would do this, a nice 24 point deficit heading into the half...NOW TIME FOR NICHOLS so he can try and clean up the ****ing big stinking **** Joseph left.

Old
11-11-2012, 01:29 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Down 24 ****ing points at half time.

**** YOU KAVIS REED!

Old
11-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
I know we're all frustrated, but no need to call out individual posters.

You know whats sad? Reed will trot out Joseph next half too. It's like some weird bromance between the two where Kavis wants Joseph to have one last playoff run.

Pathetic.

Kyle McMahon

If this team ceased operations tomorrow I wouldn't care. If I was Kavis Reed, I'd head straight back to South Carolina, or wherever he's from. He better not, ever EVER be associated with this organization again. Maciocia would be an improvement ont he sideline right now. I'm almost sick to my stomach watching him embarrass this team and city like this.

Old
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4cup View Post
Street clothes on the sideline

But he has a record that, quite frankly, no one probably knew about until this year. But hey, congrats J.C. How do things look from the sideline?

Old
11-11-2012, 01:32 PM
DrDrai

Why even come out for the second half, I can't wait to hear reeds excuse, the whole city called this, now you are down 31-7 an we look like a 6 year old playing madden using the hail Mary play evey series and failing, how stupid can you be? It will take a Miracle to pull this out, we need 3 touchdowns and a field goal to tie, and allow no points

Old
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKY D ELEPHANT View Post
Well just LIKE WE ALL PREDICTED. Starting joseph would do this, a nice 24 point deficit heading into the half...NOW TIME FOR NICHOLS so he can try and clean up the ****ing big stinking **** Joseph left.
Reed said Joseph is the starter because he has the experience to come back from bad starts. I expect to see some more Joseph in half 2!

Old
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKY D ELEPHANT View Post
Putting a rookie in a game where your o-line is being eaten alive isn't likely going to turn it around. They'd be better off with Jyles, but that bridge has been crossed and crossed again. Kavis will probably put in Nichols, but I guarantee you that it's not going to help. Rookies don't do well in pressure situations generally. The games he's done well in have been against two teams with nothing to play for.

The biggest mistake Kavis made was letting Sherritt play a cold weather game just to get a record. Should've pulled him immediately after he got it.

What say you?

Old
11-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Six in O6

The whiners are gonna come out in full force with this showing. This game isn't on Joseph at all, but Nichols better come out of the tunnel as the starting quarter back for the second half.

Cory Boyd is simply not an Eskimo. I can't believe his performance. The Eskimos fate is tied to Hugh Charles this year and we felt those consequences these last two games. Now that they've gone away from him for whatever reason we have nothing. The early momentum was a positive step, but these two and outs featuring two deep passes to nowhere are pitiful. Don't get me wrong, this effort is disgusting.

I think it's ironic that there will be quite a few Ray haters from last season eating crow when it's all said and done, and I don't just mean this game. That trade was the first step in the wrong direction in my opinion, not because he was the best quarterback option out there but because it changed the identity of this team and they simply cannot get that back.

Old
Cerebral

Joseph: 4/12, 64 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
Ray: 12/16, 125 yards, 2 TDs

Joseph isn't the only problem but your defense is bound to struggle when they're on the field the entire game.

Last edited by Cerebral: 11-11-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1300
I figured the esks would get their butts kicked, but not this badly. other than the opening drive this team has been pathetic.

I honestly don't understand the play calling by the offense. what's with the deep ball every series of downs and the crappy running play calls for boyd?
stupid of joseph on the interception also. just eat the ball.
and the esks tackling? brutal. several argo drives were sustained by bad tackling.

and for the ray haters, he's looked pretty dang good. everyone but you guys all knew how good Ray is compared to what the esks have. he's proving it again today.

players playing poorly and Reed giving his typical coaching effort.

esks are showing EXACTLY what kind of team they are, and have been the majority of the year.

it's all over but the crying. see if the esks can get it within 3 touchdowns once the argos quit trying later in the third quarter.

Old
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

"aren't you glad I traded Ray?"

Old
11-11-2012, 01:34 PM
goggog

Well Ray looks pretty good.

Old
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krut View Post
Can't wait to hear how Replacement is going to spin this one.
Other than people like Howard and the whole D line being absolute *******.

They touched Ray once in the half. Absolutely disgusting performance. No pressure whatsoever.

Note as well when this game was in its formative stages EVERY call was going against the Eskimos. Every break as well.

But to wit a brilliant runback called back on a phantom hold. An interception off Ray called back on a phantom call. Still haven't seen definitive proof that wasn't a pick.

Those are defining moments.

Ray only established once the D had been out there too long and with Kavis Reed for some reason stringing out the decision to go with Nichols.

A coach has to understand the pulse of a game. After that huge boyd fumble, or for sure after the pick of a shovel pass you HAVE to change up the game just to give your team a lift.

A special award of ****ing incompetence goes to the complete offensive line that are giving up 7yds of scrimmage on every play and may as well not even be on the ****ing field.

Old
Eskimo44

Cory Boyd started this whole ****show with the most brutal ****ing fumble i have ever seen.

Old
11-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Boy how about that Coach Reed, eh? What a gutsy call going with Kerry Joseph's (dubious) experience over Matt Nichols.

Old
11-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I know we're all frustrated, but no need to call out individual posters.

You know whats sad? Reed will trot out Joseph next half too. It's like some weird bromance between the two where Kavis wants Joseph to have one last playoff run.

Pathetic.
I've just read the lat 3 pages of posts, and must have missed something. When did this happen?

Old
11-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Beerfish

Ray 13/18, 141 yards, 2 passing tds, 1 running td.
Joseph 4-12, 64 yards, 1 td

Old
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

4/12 first half, pretty much all yards were on the 1 play

Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I'll laugh if the Argos trot Jackson out there in the 2nd half. I mean, Ray's still a little banged up, right?

Old
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Putting a rookie in a game where your o-line is being eaten alive isn't likely going to turn it around. They'd be better off with Jyles, but that bridge has been crossed and crossed again. Kavis will probably put in Nichols, but I guarantee you that it's not going to help. Rookies don't do well in pressure situations generally. The games he's done well in have been against two teams with nothing to play for.

The biggest mistake Kavis made was letting Sherritt play a cold weather game just to get a record. Should've pulled him immediately after he got it.

What say you?
Sherritt didnt get the record until the end of the game when he hurt himself/re-aggravated his injury.

Kavis has made numerous mistakes. Too many to count. Starting Joseph was just the icing on the cake. We may not have won with Nichols, but at least we would have had a chance. I doubt very much if Nichols would have completed a shovel pass to the wrong team for instance.

Old
11-11-2012, 01:37 PM
#ualberta

The only reason I'm still watching is to see Nichols prove why he should have started
Too bad it's too late for a comeback

Old
11-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post

What say you?
It's interesting to note though, that Joseph got smacked around mercilessly in the Montreal game, and they put Nichols in, and things changed all of a sudden. Fluke or the Als just let Nichols have his way with them?

Old
11-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krut View Post
Was that field goal not just wide?
Yep, doesn't matter. Officials hands were up before it even went over the uprights.

What a joke. Who can see the scripting. Argos win the cup. You kind of get that sick feeling.

Old
11-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Ray 13/18, 141 yards, 2 passing tds, 1 running td.
Joseph 4-12, 64 yards, 1 td
Looks like Ray figured out how to execute in the red zone again. Funny, he gets a competent, varied playbook and he makes stuff happen.

Closed Thread