HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Dmitri Jaskin Potential?

Old
10-27-2012, 12:31 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
Pretty sure Moncton uses him on the point on the PP, but i'm not sure. Saw him play last night and could've had 3 goals. He scored one yesterday with an awesome snipe. He loves to shoot & power to the net. Loves shooting though.
He's been playing that way all year long. He protects the puck well and uses his size and strenght to drive the net. Always wants the puck on his stick and has a great shot. Very solid hands and good wheels.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 01:43 AM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

Another 4 points tonight. He is clearly the best player playing for Moncton, and he gets a TON of ice time. He shifted wings all the time and even saw time manning the point on the PP. He loves to shoot the puck, pretty sure he had 7 or 8 tonight, but what impressed me as well was his passing. Every pass was on the tape, almost perfect passes every time. His only weakness is that he is not the most graceful skater, but he still gets to where he needs to get to easily enough, and he actually back-checked quite a bit. Looks like a solid prospect to me.

TheKingSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 12:00 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Upon request from a St.Louis fan I posted this on their boards..

I think this guy deserves his own thread. Dmitri Jaskin made the move to Moncton and has arrived better than expected. After a medicore season in a european pro league , Jaskin is flourishing in his first stint in the CHL. He's proved himself well worthy of being chosen in the first round, 22nd overall, in the CHL Import draft this past June. Dmitri , a 6'2" 203 pound power forward, flanks the right side of Russian sensation Ivan Barbashev and the two have formed instint chemistry since arriving here not that long ago. They compliment each other well and are good enough that it dosn't matter who plays on the left side of Moncton's second line. His transition from europe to North American was a smooth one. Jaskin is a fan favourite for his "fine fashion" goal scoring. He's defiantely that last thing from a perimeter player as he goes through his opponents. He plays with an edge and is fearless when battling along the boards and digging in the corner. He extremely strong and almost impossible to knock off the puck. He uses his stick very effectively while defending, he can often strip his opponents of the puck .He's definately not affraid to do the work and says it's okay because it's rewarding when the puck ends up in the back of the net. Jaskin posseses a lethal shot with dead on accuracy which causes big problems for the opposing team's goaltenders. He can also be found using his "one timer" slap shots on the squad's first powerplay unit. Dmitri Jaskin comes as advertised and has an excellent hockey IQ, he reads plays very well. One of his previous flaws ,according to many hockey people, was his skating and foot speed. This was partcially due to a knee injury which he sustained a year prior. That has completely changed. If anything, skating is now one of his fortes and that is probably to do with exhausting excerise routine and dedication to obtaining his dream of playing in the NHL. Dmitri Jaskin is now tied for first in team scoring with overage star forward and fourth year veteran, Alex Saulnier. He currently has 15 goals and 12 assists for 27 points in only 20 contests. His pace is seemingly picking up as time goes on and he is improving everyday.He looks like a man, playing amongst boys. I look forward to following his progress and know he'll be in the NHL in the very near future.

*This was posted a couple of days ago so stats wise you can add 2goals and 2 assists that he scored last night in Gatineau.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Stephaaane

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Upon request from a St.Louis fan I posted this on their boards..

I think this guy deserves his own thread. Dmitri Jaskin made the move to Moncton and has arrived better than expected. After a medicore season in a european pro league , Jaskin is flourishing in his first stint in the CHL. He's proved himself well worthy of being chosen in the first round, 22nd overall, in the CHL Import draft this past June. Dmitri , a 6'2" 203 pound power forward, flanks the right side of Russian sensation Ivan Barbashev and the two have formed instint chemistry since arriving here not that long ago. They compliment each other well and are good enough that it dosn't matter who plays on the left side of Moncton's second line. His transition from europe to North American was a smooth one. Jaskin is a fan favourite for his "fine fashion" goal scoring. He's defiantely that last thing from a perimeter player as he goes through his opponents. He plays with an edge and is fearless when battling along the boards and digging in the corner. He extremely strong and almost impossible to knock off the puck. He uses his stick very effectively while defending, he can often strip his opponents of the puck .He's definately not affraid to do the work and says it's okay because it's rewarding when the puck ends up in the back of the net. Jaskin posseses a lethal shot with dead on accuracy which causes big problems for the opposing team's goaltenders. He can also be found using his "one timer" slap shots on the squad's first powerplay unit. Dmitri Jaskin comes as advertised and has an excellent hockey IQ, he reads plays very well. One of his previous flaws ,according to many hockey people, was his skating and foot speed. This was partcially due to a knee injury which he sustained a year prior. That has completely changed. If anything, skating is now one of his fortes and that is probably to do with exhausting excerise routine and dedication to obtaining his dream of playing in the NHL. Dmitri Jaskin is now tied for first in team scoring with overage star forward and fourth year veteran, Alex Saulnier. He currently has 15 goals and 12 assists for 27 points in only 20 contests. His pace is seemingly picking up as time goes on and he is improving everyday.He looks like a man, playing amongst boys. I look forward to following his progress and know he'll be in the NHL in the very near future.

*This was posted a couple of days ago so stats wise you can add 2goals and 2 assists that he scored last night in Gatineau.
Great report on him. I would add this:

-The guy never miss the net with his shot. I mean never. His shooting percentage his like 90%.

-Knock on him: Shift too long, play a bit too much individual, would be nice if his first step were a bit faster. Good speed but first step would need a tad more acceleration.

-On the PP, since the arrival of Narbonne, Moncton plays a diamond like strategy. Jaskin has the right and does an hybride Kovalev/Cammalleri move on the side. So sweet. Last game vs BLB, on the Barbashev goal, he made a 360 degree to get in front the net and he made a good shot. Barbs put in the garbage in the scrum.

I've seen him play a couple of time and I never walked off disapointed

Pretty interesting prospect. Good grab STL

Stephaaane is offline   Reply With Quote