HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

J v. K = No Competition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2012, 12:05 PM
  #1
GetOutTheClubs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
J v. K = No Competition

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...3&feedID=10428

GetOutTheClubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 01:39 PM
  #2
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 11,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOutTheClubs View Post
Patriots have had a HOF quarterback for 10 years and one of the best coaches in history.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 03:50 PM
  #3
bb74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Annecy
Country: France
Posts: 3,103
vCash: 500
For the here and now, where is the proof in this oped JJ is part of the problem? Guy have any proof or just more bs rambling?

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 03:51 PM
  #4
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,719
vCash: 500
Awful article. If you're going to proclaim that Jacobs is the driving force behind the lockout, give me proof, don't just say "according to some reports." WHAT reports? From who? And what do they say?

This isn't to defend Jacobs; for all I know he is the man behind Bettman's Great and Power Oz. But if someone's going to proclaim that as a definite, give me some attribution. Give me some facts. Don't give me unattributed finger-pointing. If I'm that guy's editor, I'm throwing that in the circular file and telling him to try again.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:08 PM
  #5
Gee Wally
Retired
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 33,920
vCash: 50
Awards:
I have no love of Jacobs but this piece is what's known as axe grinding crock of ****.


Bottom line is the bottom line. If anybody here thinks that billionaires become billionaires because they are the salt of the earth,you got rocks in your head.

If you think 1 billionaire and intimidate and lead 29 other billionaires to go against their own wishes and lose money, you have something a lot smellier for brains.

I'm sure all are saints or devils depending on the stakes and snapshot in time.

__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 08:38 PM
  #6
GetOutTheClubs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
The article was on Joe Haggs twitter account. If anyone is plugged into the Bruins itís Joe Haggerty.

GetOutTheClubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 09:23 PM
  #7
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOutTheClubs View Post
The article was on Joe Haggs twitter account. If anyone is plugged into the Bruins itís Joe Haggerty.
It wasn't written by Haggerty, it was written by "Mike from Attleboro." How's that for credibility?

If Haggerty wants to write an article condemning Jacobs, with facts, figures and attributed quotes, I'll give it credence. I'm not giving "Mike from Attleboro" any credence at all.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 10:36 PM
  #8
GetOutTheClubs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
It wasn't written by Haggerty, it was written by "Mike from Attleboro." How's that for credibility?

If Haggerty wants to write an article condemning Jacobs, with facts, figures and attributed quotes, I'll give it credence. I'm not giving "Mike from Attleboro" any credence at all.
Itís obvious that Haggs didnít write the article. He linked the article on his Twitter account.

This is an article Haggerty wrote later in the day.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...61&feedID=3352

GetOutTheClubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 10:43 PM
  #9
FutureConsiderations
Registered User
 
FutureConsiderations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Brookline, MA
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
I have no love of Jacobs but this piece is what's known as axe grinding crock of ****.


Bottom line is the bottom line. If anybody here thinks that billionaires become billionaires because they are the salt of the earth,you got rocks in your head.

If you think 1 billionaire and intimidate and lead 29 other billionaires to go against their own wishes and lose money, you have something a lot smellier for brains.

I'm sure all are saints or devils depending on the stakes and snapshot in time.
Well-put. There are times I applaud the decentralization of the press; this is not one such occasion.

So many generalizations, little to no supporting evidence to back them up. And forget details to support the villainous intent projected on the owner who raised the cup in Boston 18 months ago - who needs those when you're the Joe The Plumber of the Boston sports blogosphere and entertainers pretend to love you on 98.5?

Ed Snider is probably as influential as Jacobs in the ownership ranks and he's losing FAR more money out of this debacle than JJ. There guys aren't one collective body with a leader: they're 30 cats who don't like to be herded and Gary is their mouthpiece.


Last edited by FutureConsiderations: 11-10-2012 at 10:56 PM.
FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 11:05 PM
  #10
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOutTheClubs View Post
Itís obvious that Haggs didnít write the article. He linked the article on his Twitter account.

This is an article Haggerty wrote later in the day.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...61&feedID=3352
The point of your comment appeared to be trying to assign this guy credibility by saying Haggs linked to the article on his Twitter feed. Sorry, it doesn't. And Haggs has some solid points in his own commentary, but he loses points by telling his audience what Jacobs is thinking. How does he know?

I don't mind Haggs offering his opinion; that's perfectly fine. But if you're going to state as fact what someone else's thoughts are, you should provide evidence. Because otherwise it's not journalism, it's fiction.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 12:03 PM
  #11
mikelvl
Registered User
 
mikelvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,795
vCash: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The point of your comment appeared to be trying to assign this guy credibility by saying Haggs linked to the article on his Twitter feed. Sorry, it doesn't. And Haggs has some solid points in his own commentary, but he loses points by telling his audience what Jacobs is thinking. How does he know?

I don't mind Haggs offering his opinion; that's perfectly fine. But if you're going to state as fact what someone else's thoughts are, you should provide evidence. Because otherwise it's not journalism, it's fiction.
You know what? It was an opinion piece. The guy has a right to his opinion. And you have a right to disagree. But don't give me this BS about no proof that Jacobs is a major player in this debacle. Where's your proof that he's innocent of all charges?! Open your eyes! Listen to the multiple media reports that he is front and center with the hard liners at the root cause of this embarrassment. How anyone can defend Jacobs at this point in time is beyond me. And I agree with Mike from Attleboro's opinion 100 percent.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 12:42 PM
  #12
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
You know what? It was an opinion piece. The guy has a right to his opinion. And you have a right to disagree. But don't give me this BS about no proof that Jacobs is a major player in this debacle. Where's your proof that he's innocent of all charges?! Open your eyes! Listen to the multiple media reports that he is front and center with the hard liners at the root cause of this embarrassment. How anyone can defend Jacobs at this point in time is beyond me. And I agree with Mike from Attleboro's opinion 100 percent.
I'm not in any way defending Jacobs. For all I know he's the anti-Christ. But if you're going to state as fact (which is they way it's written in both articles; I've been in journalism for 30 years and I know the difference) that he is deliberately derailing the CBA talks, you need evidence to back it up.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 03:10 PM
  #13
flannelman
default user
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lempster, NH
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,569
vCash: 920
it's been awhile since I've attempted this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:08 AM
  #14
GetOutTheClubs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 221
vCash: 500
by Haggs The NHL and J v. K


http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...91&feedID=3352

GetOutTheClubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:20 AM
  #15
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Awful article. If you're going to proclaim that Jacobs is the driving force behind the lockout, give me proof, don't just say "according to some reports." WHAT reports? From who? And what do they say?

This isn't to defend Jacobs; for all I know he is the man behind Bettman's Great and Power Oz. But if someone's going to proclaim that as a definite, give me some attribution. Give me some facts. Don't give me unattributed finger-pointing. If I'm that guy's editor, I'm throwing that in the circular file and telling him to try again.
I read on Twitter from Jonathan Toews` best friends girlfriends` brother-in-law that these are all facts

Pure garbagio, with you and others on this one.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:25 AM
  #16
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 20,281
vCash: 50
As far as a comparison between Jeremy Jacobs and Robert Kraft- neither one got to be where they are by being mild mannered gentlemen. Robert Kraft is every bit as smart and ruthless as Jeremy Jacobs is when it comes to business. The differences are that Kraft is much shrewder about his public image and also seems to be genuinely comfortable in his public role as Patriots owner. Neither can be said about Jacobs in that respect.

BMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:50 AM
  #17
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 26,961
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Didn't Bob Kraft's wife's family have the money

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:56 AM
  #18
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
As far as a comparison between Jeremy Jacobs and Robert Kraft- neither one got to be where they are by being mild mannered gentlemen. Robert Kraft is every bit as smart and ruthless as Jeremy Jacobs is when it comes to business. The differences are that Kraft is much shrewder about his public image and also seems to be genuinely comfortable in his public role as Patriots owner. Neither can be said about Jacobs in that respect.
One also found a way to avoid a work stoppage, and the other sure looks to be the driving force behind one.

Therick67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:07 AM
  #19
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 20,281
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Didn't Bob Kraft's wife's family have the money
I don't know. Even if it was he has done very well, he could have just as easily squandered it.


Last edited by BMC: 11-29-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Wanted to clarify post
BMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:16 AM
  #20
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 20,281
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
One also found a way to avoid a work stoppage, and the other sure looks to be the driving force behind one.
This is true. But I believe that Kraft honestly thought a work stoppage would be bad for the NFL and that Jacobs honestly thinks a work stoppage can be good for the NHL if it resolves the money issues.

BMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:29 AM
  #21
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amherst, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,436
vCash: 500
Csnne just doesn't seem professional at all to me anymore

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:36 AM
  #22
ReggieMoto
Registered User
 
ReggieMoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,312
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Couldn't get passed the second paragraph.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:40 AM
  #23
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
This is true. But I believe that Kraft honestly thought a work stoppage would be bad for the NFL and that Jacobs honestly thinks a work stoppage can be good for the NHL if it resolves the money issues.
I can't see how this is good for the NHL. I think everyone agree's this lockout has a solution, so why isn't JJ stepping up and getting it done? He may end up doing that, but I have my doubts. All indications are he's not.

Therick67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:46 AM
  #24
Spooner st
Registered User
 
Spooner st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
One also found a way to avoid a work stoppage, and the other sure looks to be the driving force behind one.
In a few years from now, wen the new CBA will expire and JJ will lead the NHL to a new CBA. One with the players contracts will no longer be guaranteed...
JJ will be recognized as the driving force that saved the NHL.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:55 AM
  #25
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,242
vCash: 500
I find it a little funny that Jacobs is being painted as evil while Kraft is an Angel but the NHL isn't even trying to get a deal as good as the NHL has.

Where is the article about how NHL players are greedier that any othe major league players?

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.