GetOutTheClubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 01:39 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOutTheClubs View Post
Patriots have had a HOF quarterback for 10 years and one of the best coaches in history.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 03:50 PM
bb74

For the here and now, where is the proof in this oped JJ is part of the problem? Guy have any proof or just more bs rambling?

bb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Awful article. If you're going to proclaim that Jacobs is the driving force behind the lockout, give me proof, don't just say "according to some reports." WHAT reports? From who? And what do they say?

This isn't to defend Jacobs; for all I know he is the man behind Bettman's Great and Power Oz. But if someone's going to proclaim that as a definite, give me some attribution. Give me some facts. Don't give me unattributed finger-pointing. If I'm that guy's editor, I'm throwing that in the circular file and telling him to try again.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
I have no love of Jacobs but this piece is what's known as axe grinding crock of ****.

Bottom line is the bottom line. If anybody here thinks that billionaires become billionaires because they are the salt of the earth,you got rocks in your head.

If you think 1 billionaire and intimidate and lead 29 other billionaires to go against their own wishes and lose money, you have something a lot smellier for brains.

I'm sure all are saints or devils depending on the stakes and snapshot in time.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 08:38 PM
GetOutTheClubs

The article was on Joe Haggs twitter account. If anyone is plugged into the Bruins itís Joe Haggerty.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
The article was on Joe Haggs twitter account. If anyone is plugged into the Bruins itís Joe Haggerty.
It wasn't written by Haggerty, it was written by "Mike from Attleboro." How's that for credibility?

If Haggerty wants to write an article condemning Jacobs, with facts, figures and attributed quotes, I'll give it credence. I'm not giving "Mike from Attleboro" any credence at all.

Old
11-10-2012, 10:36 PM
GetOutTheClubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
It wasn't written by Haggerty, it was written by "Mike from Attleboro." How's that for credibility?

If Haggerty wants to write an article condemning Jacobs, with facts, figures and attributed quotes, I'll give it credence. I'm not giving "Mike from Attleboro" any credence at all.
Itís obvious that Haggs didnít write the article. He linked the article on his Twitter account.

This is an article Haggerty wrote later in the day.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...61&feedID=3352

Old
11-10-2012, 10:43 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
I have no love of Jacobs but this piece is what's known as axe grinding crock of ****.

Bottom line is the bottom line. If anybody here thinks that billionaires become billionaires because they are the salt of the earth,you got rocks in your head.

If you think 1 billionaire and intimidate and lead 29 other billionaires to go against their own wishes and lose money, you have something a lot smellier for brains.

I'm sure all are saints or devils depending on the stakes and snapshot in time.
Well-put. There are times I applaud the decentralization of the press; this is not one such occasion.

So many generalizations, little to no supporting evidence to back them up. And forget details to support the villainous intent projected on the owner who raised the cup in Boston 18 months ago - who needs those when you're the Joe The Plumber of the Boston sports blogosphere and entertainers pretend to love you on 98.5?

Ed Snider is probably as influential as Jacobs in the ownership ranks and he's losing FAR more money out of this debacle than JJ. There guys aren't one collective body with a leader: they're 30 cats who don't like to be herded and Gary is their mouthpiece.

Last edited by FutureConsiderations: 11-10-2012 at 10:56 PM.
FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Itís obvious that Haggs didnít write the article. He linked the article on his Twitter account.

This is an article Haggerty wrote later in the day.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...61&feedID=3352
The point of your comment appeared to be trying to assign this guy credibility by saying Haggs linked to the article on his Twitter feed. Sorry, it doesn't. And Haggs has some solid points in his own commentary, but he loses points by telling his audience what Jacobs is thinking. How does he know?

I don't mind Haggs offering his opinion; that's perfectly fine. But if you're going to state as fact what someone else's thoughts are, you should provide evidence. Because otherwise it's not journalism, it's fiction.

Old
11-11-2012, 12:03 PM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
Quote:
The point of your comment appeared to be trying to assign this guy credibility by saying Haggs linked to the article on his Twitter feed. Sorry, it doesn't. And Haggs has some solid points in his own commentary, but he loses points by telling his audience what Jacobs is thinking. How does he know?

I don't mind Haggs offering his opinion; that's perfectly fine. But if you're going to state as fact what someone else's thoughts are, you should provide evidence. Because otherwise it's not journalism, it's fiction.
You know what? It was an opinion piece. The guy has a right to his opinion. And you have a right to disagree. But don't give me this BS about no proof that Jacobs is a major player in this debacle. Where's your proof that he's innocent of all charges?! Open your eyes! Listen to the multiple media reports that he is front and center with the hard liners at the root cause of this embarrassment. How anyone can defend Jacobs at this point in time is beyond me. And I agree with Mike from Attleboro's opinion 100 percent.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
You know what? It was an opinion piece. The guy has a right to his opinion. And you have a right to disagree. But don't give me this BS about no proof that Jacobs is a major player in this debacle. Where's your proof that he's innocent of all charges?! Open your eyes! Listen to the multiple media reports that he is front and center with the hard liners at the root cause of this embarrassment. How anyone can defend Jacobs at this point in time is beyond me. And I agree with Mike from Attleboro's opinion 100 percent.
I'm not in any way defending Jacobs. For all I know he's the anti-Christ. But if you're going to state as fact (which is they way it's written in both articles; I've been in journalism for 30 years and I know the difference) that he is deliberately derailing the CBA talks, you need evidence to back it up.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:10 PM
flannelman
default user

vCash: 920
it's been awhile since I've attempted this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufTna0WArc

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:08 AM
GetOutTheClubs

by Haggs The NHL and J v. K

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...91&feedID=3352

Old
11-29-2012, 06:20 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Awful article. If you're going to proclaim that Jacobs is the driving force behind the lockout, give me proof, don't just say "according to some reports." WHAT reports? From who? And what do they say?

This isn't to defend Jacobs; for all I know he is the man behind Bettman's Great and Power Oz. But if someone's going to proclaim that as a definite, give me some attribution. Give me some facts. Don't give me unattributed finger-pointing. If I'm that guy's editor, I'm throwing that in the circular file and telling him to try again.
I read on Twitter from Jonathan Toews` best friends girlfriends` brother-in-law that these are all facts

Pure garbagio, with you and others on this one.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:25 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

As far as a comparison between Jeremy Jacobs and Robert Kraft- neither one got to be where they are by being mild mannered gentlemen. Robert Kraft is every bit as smart and ruthless as Jeremy Jacobs is when it comes to business. The differences are that Kraft is much shrewder about his public image and also seems to be genuinely comfortable in his public role as Patriots owner. Neither can be said about Jacobs in that respect.

BMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:50 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Didn't Bob Kraft's wife's family have the money

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
As far as a comparison between Jeremy Jacobs and Robert Kraft- neither one got to be where they are by being mild mannered gentlemen. Robert Kraft is every bit as smart and ruthless as Jeremy Jacobs is when it comes to business. The differences are that Kraft is much shrewder about his public image and also seems to be genuinely comfortable in his public role as Patriots owner. Neither can be said about Jacobs in that respect.
One also found a way to avoid a work stoppage, and the other sure looks to be the driving force behind one.

Therick67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:07 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Didn't Bob Kraft's wife's family have the money
I don't know. Even if it was he has done very well, he could have just as easily squandered it.

Last edited by BMC: 11-29-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Wanted to clarify post
Old
11-29-2012, 09:16 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
One also found a way to avoid a work stoppage, and the other sure looks to be the driving force behind one.
This is true. But I believe that Kraft honestly thought a work stoppage would be bad for the NFL and that Jacobs honestly thinks a work stoppage can be good for the NHL if it resolves the money issues.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:29 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Csnne just doesn't seem professional at all to me anymore

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:36 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Couldn't get passed the second paragraph.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
This is true. But I believe that Kraft honestly thought a work stoppage would be bad for the NFL and that Jacobs honestly thinks a work stoppage can be good for the NHL if it resolves the money issues.
I can't see how this is good for the NHL. I think everyone agree's this lockout has a solution, so why isn't JJ stepping up and getting it done? He may end up doing that, but I have my doubts. All indications are he's not.

Therick67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:46 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
In a few years from now, wen the new CBA will expire and JJ will lead the NHL to a new CBA. One with the players contracts will no longer be guaranteed...
JJ will be recognized as the driving force that saved the NHL.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:55 AM
nmbr_24

I find it a little funny that Jacobs is being painted as evil while Kraft is an Angel but the NHL isn't even trying to get a deal as good as the NHL has.

Where is the article about how NHL players are greedier that any othe major league players?

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote