HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 5.0 - CLR Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2012, 03:06 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

vCash: 500
Gally now tied for 2nd in the OHL in points with Monahan, Jenner, Scheifele, Ritchie etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz View Post
that should of ben a penalty shot for gally
you weren't the only one crossing your fingers

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Gally now tied for 2nd in the OHL in points with Monahan, Jenner, Scheifele, Ritchie etc.

you weren't the only one crossing your fingers
He got another point ?

Old
11-11-2012, 03:16 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He got another point ?
Yup.

1g 1a now.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Galchenuyk wins a big faceoff.

And another. Sting win a home game.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:19 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Galchenuyk wins a big faceoff.

And another. Sting win a home game.
Soon enough it will be "Galchenyuk successful at opening the door for his teammates".

Old
11-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Gally11

would have had another assist if boucher didn't go for another pass

Old
11-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Third period stats;

6 shifts, 7:21 time on ice.
Totals: 21 shifts, 19:34 time on ice.

Galchenyuk also went 2 for 3 in the face-off circle. Would have had another goal as well if Boucher had pulled the trigger instead of passed it back.

With the two points, Galchenyuk now sits at 32 points, tied for second in OHL scoring with Scheifele, Jenner, Ritchie and Catenacci.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:41 PM
That

3-2 win for Sarnia. A strong game from Galchenyuk. He picked up a goal and an assist.

Galchenyuk started off the first period fairly quiet, he was moving his feet but couldn't get anything going. The first real chance that he created came off of a nice little behind the back pass to Boucher. His first goal came from burying the nice set up from Dundas. The goalie had absolutely no chance as Galchenyuk's shot was rocket. The next shift he almost scored again after positioning himself in the slot. He also had a sneaky pass to Boucher after winning a board battle behind the net. Very creative. Galchenyuk came out flying in the second. He got robbed from in tight on the PP. He also showed off some good hands on the PP by opening up space. His next shift he battled hard along the boards, but eventually the puck came out. He looked really good that shift. Where he really impressed me in the second, was on the PK. He looked really good. He blocked passing lanes effectively and broke up two plays that lead to counter attacks. When the PK ended he had a beautiful cross ice feed to DeAngelo. Galchenyuk had an inexcusable turnover. Just absolutely terrible. He got way too fancy trying to hold the puck in on the blue line and the Wolves picked it up to create a 2 on 0. Nothing came out of it though. He came back with vengeance on his next shift though. He had a nice pass to Murphy in the neutral zone and then had a creative spin and shot play. It just missed the net high. At the end of the shift he intercepted the puck in the offensive zone and set up Boucher, however Boucher couldn't get his shot of quick enough. He got a slashing penalty at the end of the second. In the third Galchenyuk had a nice little tip alone in front of the net, but it didn't go in. Very crafty. He also had a filthy pass to Duininck on the PP. His assist came from a nice play where he moved up from beside the net and used his good hands to create some space, he lost control of the puck but it slipped to Boucher who buried it. He had a glorious chance on a breakaway, but couldn't bury as his stick was slashed. On the next shift, he missed an open net on a 2 on 1 with Boucher. Galchenyuk was very good at the end of the game when Sarault took a penalty. He won a very important FO and broke up a pass.

Overall, that was very good game from Galchenyuk. He looked great in his own zone, but he had a terrible turnover. He had quite a few chances and created a ton himself. I would have to see a more consistent effort from shift to shift, but he still looked very good nearly every time he was on the ice. I was impressed with offensive work tonight, but he defence stole the show. Strong game.

-Connor Murphy and Alex Basso yet again had another solid game together. They looked very good defensively and had some great chances offensively.
-JP Anderson was a brick wall tonight. He stopped 32 of 34 shots. He didn't see much action in the 3rd, but he was very solid when it mattered today.
-Joshua Chapman picked up his first career OHL goal. I though he was really solid tonight, strong showing.
-Reid Boucher had an awesome game tonight. He had a ton of opportunities but was only able to bury one. He had a ton of good plays, but he needs to shot the puck quicker. He should have had a few more goals.
-Bryan Moore was great tonight. He had a nice end to end rush and created chances every time he on the ice. Very impressed with him.
-Joshua Leivo picked up a goal, but was very quiet otherwise. He needs to use him teammates more often, he had a ton of good chances to pass, but instead took a shot that had no chance of going in.
-Michael Kantor had a great game. He was all over the ice created a ton of chances.
-I've been a big fan of Nicholas Baptiste for a long time now. He has a very good skill set and is a pretty smart player. He's still very raw and has a ton of potential. However, you can only count on potential for so long, I'd really like to see him take a step up. I expect him to come around the second of the season. He was actually pretty solid tonight, he had a nice defensive play to break up a pass on the PK. He also created a ton of offensive chances in the first.

Last edited by That: 11-11-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling errors galore
Old
11-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Video of the goal: http://telly.com/1E9ZG

Sarnia radio guys made it sound like Alex had only 1 hand on his stick, not Dundas on that goal.

Full highlights:

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 11-11-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old
11-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Habsnet

Damn Gally has 11 pts in 4 games .... He for sure on fire right now !

Old
11-11-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsnet View Post
Damn Gally has 11 pts in 4 games .... He for sure on fire right now !
Imagine what he could do with good teammates like Bozon has in Kamloops.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:54 PM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Imagine what he could do with good teammates like Bozon has in Kamloops.
Imagine what he could do with Erne and Kucherov

Old
11-11-2012, 06:10 PM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Imagine what he could do with Erne and Kucherov
Imgaine him with patches and hopefully drouin on his right

Old
11-11-2012, 06:21 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
I am desperately trying to get some tickets to see Gally play against the Knights in London.
There are only two dates in the new year........Fingers crossed.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Imagine all the people.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:45 PM
bud12

teletoon, imagine

Old
11-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
I am desperately trying to get some tickets to see Gally play against the Knights in London.
There are only two dates in the new year........Fingers crossed.
You should wait to be sure. January 1st he will be at the WJC.

That leaves February 7th and March 1st, 2 games are after the OHL's early January trade deadline. If the Sting keep winning games they won't trade him though.

Old
11-11-2012, 08:47 PM
MaxLacoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Imgaine him with patches and hopefully drouin on his right
My dream.

My ultimate dream is: Drouin - Galchenyuk - Mantha

Now Bergevin and Lady Luck, go make my dream come true.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:44 PM
zzoo

Bergevin on Galchenyuk: «On ne s'est pas trompés avec lui. C'est un vrai joueur. Un gars qui aura sa place au sein de nos six premiers attaquants. Ça dépasse les points qu'il récolte. Il a la vision, l'attitude, la volonté pour réussir», a assuré Bergevin mercredi.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:54 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Bergevin on Galchenyuk: «On ne s'est pas trompés avec lui. C'est un vrai joueur. Un gars qui aura sa place au sein de nos six premiers attaquants. Ça dépasse les points qu'il récolte. Il a la vision, l'attitude, la volonté pour réussir», a assuré Bergevin mercredi.
Translation:

We weren't wrong with him. He's a real player. A guy who will have his place among our top-6 forwards. It goes deeper than the points he amasses. He has vision, attitude, and a will to succeed -- Bergevin stated on Wednesday.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

What a terrible pick by Timmins and his crew

Old
11-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Mr. Hab

Can Galchenyuk join the Bulldogs FOR PLAYOFFS this season?
(is he allowed?).

If, so...I hope he gets someone on his line that can protect him (even though yes I know a tough player on his line doesn't guarantee an injury-free game...I just feel better knowing that a tough player is with Galchenyuk in case anyone wants to get dirty/violent with Galchenyuk,etc,etc...).

Health/no-injuries: our Habs need to get luckier in this department...let's all knock on some wood for that...I just did!

Old
11-12-2012, 11:13 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
(is he allowed?).

If, so...I hope he gets someone on his line that can protect him (even though yes I know a tough player on his line doesn't guarantee an injury-free game...I just feel better knowing that a tough player is with Galchenyuk in case anyone wants to get dirty/violent with Galchenyuk,etc,etc...).

Health/no-injuries: our Habs need to get luckier in this department...let's all knock on some wood for that...I just did!
Sure, we could always play him with stortini.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:39 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
(is he allowed?).

Yeah but that's a big IF the Bulldogs make the playoffs at all.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Mr. Hab

Thanks for you answers...

So, Galchenyuk CAN join the Bulldogs IF they make the playoffs.
(yup...I did realize it was IF, but just wanted to know about playoffs and if his switch from junior to AHL was possible...'cause funny enough some posters here wrote that he had to join Habs or stay in junior and i believed it! it was just incorrect info).

And, Stortini...no!! (unless you add a very skilled player...who do we have? Gallagher...Leblanc...there's no Bozon, Collberg, Hudon with our Bulldogs yet...they're still developing,etc,etc...). Not Stortini but at least a player who is tough but can also play and not let anyone just try to cripple Galchenyuk....

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 11-13-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Closed Thread