HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton + Philadelphia/Dallas

Old
11-11-2012, 03:09 AM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

vCash: 500
Edmonton + Philadelphia/Dallas

To Philly/Dallas:
Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton:
Sean Couturier/Jamie Benn

Two deals that I thought have made sense for a while. Edmonton gets the last piece to their top-six puzzle, Philly/Dallas get a more dynamic player in exchange for their more cerebral player.

I understand Dallas may not be enticed enough to deal the player they have now began to build around, as well as their centre depth isn't great so perhaps a Sam Gagner could be thrown in to help aid that loss of depth. Philly might not be interested if they want Brayden Schenn to develop as a winger, but if they plan on Schenn being a center, Matt Read has shown he's a very capable third line centre. Edmonton might not want to do it because Yakupov has potential to be a 50 goal scorer, and soon. However, I am of the opinion that Edmonton needs to round out their top-six with size, two-way play, skill, and physicality. Things that are provided with Couter/Benn and not so much with Yakupov.

Have at me.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 03:25 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Would consider Sean Couturier

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 03:32 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Flyers would have to take that deal. Even though you know what we are getting Couturier at least defensively, the possibility of a dynamically talented LW to play with Giroux when we also have Schenn who can play center for the foreseeable future is too good to pass up

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 03:33 AM
duffy9748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
To Philly/Dallas:
Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton:
Sean Couturier/Jamie Benn

Two deals that I thought have made sense for a while. Edmonton gets the last piece to their top-six puzzle, Philly/Dallas get a more dynamic player in exchange for their more cerebral player.

I understand Dallas may not be enticed enough to deal the player they have now began to build around, as well as their centre depth isn't great so perhaps a Sam Gagner could be thrown in to help aid that loss of depth. Philly might not be interested if they want Brayden Schenn to develop as a winger, but if they plan on Schenn being a center, Matt Read has shown he's a very capable third line centre. Edmonton might not want to do it because Yakupov has potential to be a 50 goal scorer, and soon. However, I am of the opinion that Edmonton needs to round out their top-six with size, two-way play, skill, and physicality. Things that are provided with Couter/Benn and not so much with Yakupov.

Have at me.
No problem with it value wise, but I'd pass from a Philadelphia perspective. Couturier proved his value to the Flyers in the series against Pittsburgh and Holmgren would need a "no-brainer" type deal to move him. Brayden Schenn will end up on the wing but I think the long term plan is to have Giroux, Couturier, and Scott Laughton(2012 1st Rd. Pick; Play has been compared to Mike Richards) as the centers. Matt Read should end up being one of Couturier's wingers.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 04:08 AM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
No problem with it value wise, but I'd pass from a Philadelphia perspective. Couturier proved his value to the Flyers in the series against Pittsburgh and Holmgren would need a "no-brainer" type deal to move him. Brayden Schenn will end up on the wing but I think the long term plan is to have Giroux, Couturier, and Scott Laughton(2012 1st Rd. Pick; Play has been compared to Mike Richards) as the centers. Matt Read should end up being one of Couturier's wingers.
Long term plans change if you have a chance to acquire Yakupov. Brayden Schenn would slot in nicely at 2nd line C long term, and Yakupov with Giroux would just be ridiculous.

Bernier the Boats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:17 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Long term plans change if you have a chance to acquire Yakupov. Brayden Schenn would slot in nicely at 2nd line C long term, and Yakupov with Giroux would just be ridiculous.
I won't comment on if I would do this trade or not, because I don't know enough about Yakupov.

BUT the Flyers play the Pens six times a year and meet in what seems like every other year in the playoffs. Couturier is one of the few players in the league who can slow down Malkin.
I think you have to consider your competition in every move they make.
Right now it would be
Crosby vs Schenn
Malkin vs Couturier
Sutter vs Giroux

I like that a lot more than
Crosby vs Schenn
Malkin vs Briere
Sutter vs Giroux

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 185
Gagner/Yakupov isn't enough for me to part with Benn, really.

11-11-2012, 08:55 AM

The Oilers get robbed in a deal for Couturier, also I dont think Dallas would move Benn for Yakupov and I doubt Oilers have any interest in moving him, I think he will one of the most exciting players in the league while scoring over 50 in his peak years.

1972 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:57 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
I love Couturier, but I think I'd do this deal. I'd like to see Schenn get a fair shake at center and I think he could really shine if he gets the opportunity. And it's about time that Giroux gets a winger with star potential.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:07 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
No for Dallas.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Hell no from philly. Some flyers fans really don't know what they have in Couturier.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:46 AM
A91

No for Couturier, hard not to take Benn.

A91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:10 AM
Shawnathon

The only player Edmonton will trade for Yakupov is a defenseman. You don't have to be an Oilers fan to see that.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Hell no from philly. Some flyers fans really don't know what they have in Couturier.
a team stacked at center with a great 2 way center in the system in laughton doesnt move Couturier for a potential franchise winger? only a bad GM who is attached to his players doesnt make that move.

1972 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:25 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
The only player Edmonton will trade for Yakupov is a defenseman. You don't have to be an Oilers fan to see that.
Clearly you don't know the Oilers, they have more of a demand at C. The D is coming along quite nicely, with J.Schultz tearing up the AHL, and the development of O.Klefbom in the SEL. They may need a D to temporally fill in until some of the others develop, but the need is not as great as the need for size at C and in the top 6.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 12:03 PM
zeus3007*

Hell yes for Benn. Dallas doesn't do it though. Hell no for Coutourier. He's a good player for sure, but not the guy you trade a game changer for, and at this point it looks like Yak is going to be a game changer.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 02:30 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Hell yes for Benn. Dallas doesn't do it though. Hell no for Coutourier. He's a good player for sure, but not the guy you trade a game changer for, and at this point it looks like Yak is going to be a game changer.
Sums up this thread perfectly. One team takes each deal before they can blink, and the other doesn't even consider it

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Trillmike

Dallas doesn't even think about this.

Trillmike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 02:39 PM
PayItForward

I would do this from Philly's perspective.
Dallas doesn't do this.
Edmonton probably would do it for Benn but not for Couturier IMO.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
a team stacked at center with a great 2 way center in the system in laughton doesnt move Couturier for a potential franchise winger? only a bad GM who is attached to his players doesnt make that move.
Laughton is not a "great 2 way center" yet, Couts already is.

As much as Couturier is my second favorite player on the Flyers already (behind Giroux), I'd have to say yes to this deal. Having a dynamic player like Yakupov to play with Giroux would be an incredible boost for this already offensively powerful team. However, I just don't think the Oilers would trade Yak for Couts. If they needed a defenseman they would have drafted Murray.

i just dont see Oilers trading Yakupov already

Cyborg LeClair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Prairie Habs

Couturier would be pretty much the perfect compliment to RNH going forward. He may not have quite the value of Yakapov but its close and I think the Oilers would be smart to make a deal similar to that.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.

GMJN laughs and thanks tambo for the joke.

Philly thinks about which way they want to build their team and makes their choice based on if they want to be more defensive or offensive but really does Giroux need a star winger?

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 04:41 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
Lol Dallas say no...I don't know when Oilers fans will understand that they won't get proven players for prospects with potential. Yakupov MIGHT end up becoming the better player but as of right now Benn > Yakupov

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Couturier would be pretty much the perfect compliment to RNH going forward. He may not have quite the value of Yakapov but its close and I think the Oilers would be smart to make a deal similar to that.
I'm sorry what? How in the world does Couturier have less value than a totally un-proven rookie.

One guy has stepped onto play-off ice, one has yet to step onto regular season ice. Not only that, one stepped on the ice stride for stride with the greatest player in the NHL. I seriously hate the draft position kind of mentality.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 05:52 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I'm sorry what? How in the world does Couturier have less value than a totally un-proven rookie.

One guy has stepped onto play-off ice, one has yet to step onto regular season ice. Not only that, one stepped on the ice stride for stride with the greatest player in the NHL. I seriously hate the draft position kind of mentality.
Then you'll gladly flip us Laughton for Horcoff eh? Give your head a shake

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote