HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 13 GM Connected (PS3) 2

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Devil X

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzFan View Post
Well, I'm on now. Other than that, we may be screwed. Can't get on until probably after 4pm tomorrow, and Mon-Fri I don't get home from work until 6pm
Took me forever to get out of that game 1 once it was over.

You sent the invite and i was still looking at the loading circles leaving the game.

Old
11-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Devil X

Quote:
Well, I'm on now. Other than that, we may be screwed. Can't get on until probably after 4pm tomorrow, and Mon-Fri I don't get home from work until 6pm
good series Oilers....

I am scared that fight hurt Boedker and i dunno for how long yet and i am already down Doan, Vrbata, and Korpi for the playoffs.

Edit: After checking he is ok haha

Old
11-11-2012, 02:48 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Odds are I'll be around at some point during the day. We'll figure out something.

Kipper was downright unfair in game 2. I had him beat on at least 2 breakaways, and somehow he finds a way to jump and keep the puck out of the net. If I didn't get the one penalty shot (with the manual goalie), I never would have scored. That must be what people feel what they face me and Quick stands on his head all game. And he kinda did that this game too, which is what makes it crazier.
Ya I gave Kipper a talking to saying you going to let that little **** beat you again. Well I don't usually sit back like that on a penalty shot so I was beating myself up on that. That goal should have never went.

Old
11-11-2012, 08:59 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

You are probably not up yet (HELL I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I AM UP SO EARLY!) but I will be on for a bit.

Old
11-11-2012, 04:07 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Send a message via AIM to DevilzFan
I'll see how series have progressed tomorrow night. That'll help decide when we should move forward to the next round.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Devil X

Quote:
I'll see how series have progressed tomorrow night. That'll help decide when we should move forward to the next round.
Got a question...

What do we do if the few people playing come across a guy who stopped playing and didnt set up his CPU?

Is it really fair that someone runs the risk of losing in the playoffs over something they have zero control over?

Old
11-11-2012, 06:09 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil X View Post
Got a question...

What do we do if the few people playing come across a guy who stopped playing and didnt set up his CPU?

Is it really fair that someone runs the risk of losing in the playoffs over something they have zero control over?
That is a good question. I'd hate to kick anyone from the league, but if it comes up that someone isn't playing their playoff games, or at least setting it to allow CPU to play it, then we might have to kick people.

Hopefully people are still checking on this thread.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Scott04

Quote:
In case you were wondering, Calgary and I are going to resume playing games at some point tomorrow. We've played 2 games so far. I assume we'll get at least another 2 in tomorrow whenever we play. It's 1-1 right now though, so I can't guarantee we finish the series off (assuming we play 3 or more that is). But I assume within the next day or two we'll close it out.

Old
11-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
That is a good question. I'd hate to kick anyone from the league, but if it comes up that someone isn't playing their playoff games, or at least setting it to allow CPU to play it, then we might have to kick people.

Hopefully people are still checking on this thread.
Pitt has not responded to me yet

Old
11-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

if someone wants to play chicago, sorry, but i can't. if it really means that much to you, i can set it to let you play against my cpu and you can get 4 free wins.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:45 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Injuries are ****ing me over so hard.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:15 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

I think we should be giving more time for the P0.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:34 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Good series BomaLight.

Just wish I had Alfredsson and Jokinen. And Byfuglien for more than one game

I'm just frustrated because Alfie was my big acquisition and I didn't even have him when it mattered because of how ridiculous the sim injuries are.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:58 PM
BomaLightDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Good series BomaLight.

Just wish I had Alfredsson and Jokinen. And Byfuglien for more than one game

I'm just frustrated because Alfie was my big acquisition and I didn't even have him when it mattered because of how ridiculous the sim injuries are.
Yeah, Right back

I saw you were missing alot of your top players, I think it was some pretty intense games with a lot of hits. It is so dahm anoying with all the Sim injuries.
But thanks for the series.

Are people here ready for another season or how is the mood for that.

Old
11-12-2012, 04:32 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

I would be in favor of turning off injuries, or at least voting on it. A lot of people picked their teams for specific players and made trades for players they were comfortable with, and the top players are the ones who get hurt during sims. At least for me, that was the most frustrating part.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Scott04

I'm indifferent on the injuries thing. I like having them in, as it is a part of the game and makes you work to keep your team at a high level. But by the same token, its just too excessive right now. I like to think my team is pretty deep in both forwards and defensemen, and injuries have been to the point where the game has to call up 2-3 random minor leaguers almost any given sim just to put together a valid roster. And I am pretty confident my injury situation wasn't that bad compared to a few of the teams in the league. I could really go either way with leaving them on/taking them out to be honest.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:41 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Unfortunately, there's no option to turn injuries off. At least not that I've seen the GM Connected settings. I'll look again tonight, but I'm all for turning them off if possible, at least until they fix it

Old
11-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Scott04

I am going to change my tone on the injuries stance. I'm totally in favor of turning them off. In one sequence, I had Petr Prucha get obliterated (and injured), then have the puck go the other way down the ice and I gave up a goal. Prucha got a 7 game injury. In that same game, Brown got a 1 game injury but at least it was playable.

Great series with Calgary. Unfortunately it showed me that my game 1 win was a fluke. Why couldn't you make it easy for me? Did you NEED to make me sweat out games 2-5?

Old
11-12-2012, 07:21 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
I am going to change my tone on the injuries stance. I'm totally in favor of turning them off. In one sequence, I had Petr Prucha get obliterated (and injured), then have the puck go the other way down the ice and I gave up a goal. Prucha got a 7 game injury. In that same game, Brown got a 1 game injury but at least it was playable.

Great series with Calgary. Unfortunately it showed me that my game 1 win was a fluke. Why couldn't you make it easy for me? Did you NEED to make me sweat out games 2-5?
I gave you false hope in game one because I was studying your play to adapt. lol Flames should be up 3-2 in series right now you got crazy last min goals.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Welcome2Hell

Bruinssss??????

Old
11-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
I gave you false hope in game one because I was studying your play to adapt. lol Flames should be up 3-2 in series right now you got crazy last min goals.
The game 4 last minute goal was a fluke, I'll easily admit that (not the faceoff win + shot, but that deflection was unexpected). You probably should have won game 4, but I wouldn't say you were going to win Game 5. Your first goal was another one of those crazy plays that makes no sense. But I was playing with the lead for a while until you tied it late 3rd. The GWG on that game wasn't anything luck related like game 4. It was from a guy wide open right in front of your net after all.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:30 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
The game 4 last minute goal was a fluke, I'll easily admit that (not the faceoff win + shot, but that deflection was unexpected). You probably should have won game 4, but I wouldn't say you were going to win Game 5. Your first goal was another one of those crazy plays that makes no sense. But I was playing with the lead for a while until you tied it late 3rd. The GWG on that game wasn't anything luck related like game 4. It was from a guy wide open right in front of your net after all.
I should have won game 5 with all those open net shots I just missed. lol

Old
11-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Penguins ??

Old
11-13-2012, 03:08 PM
BomaLightDevils

Semifinals

When do we play the semifinals..?

How long time do we have to each series..

Old
11-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
I should have won game 5 with all those open net shots I just missed. lol
By that token, I should have won Game 2. I would beat Kipper with a deke move on a breakaway and he would superman dive behind him and pull the puck out of mid-air

Closed Thread