HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Thread (V): Argos embarass Eskimos; Changes need to be made. Nichols seriously hurt.

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2012, 04:48 PM
OilerNut*

vCash: 500
Holy crap, riders got their point after blocked and returned for a TD, only 2 points though.

Old
11-11-2012, 04:49 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
Who cares. There was 1 season where Ray was not very good. Other than that he is a franchise QB in the CFL. They should have been building a solid O-line for him and found him a good RB to give the ball to. There have been a lot of failures in the Esks organization in recent years but Ray isn't one of them (until the trade...).
One season?

Old
11-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Wow, the refs gift the STamps for two TD's in the half. lol, just hopeless officiating.

Without that the Stamps have done next to nothing and are leading.

Old
11-11-2012, 04:57 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Because Reed is a bad coach.
Ya, but he will be a great gm.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
^Thanks for making the picture small so people have a choice whether they want to look at that or not.

There's also this portion of a person's brain that allows them to make choices as to whether they want to do something or not. Or in this case, click on something in the first place or not. But it seems to be part of our nature to want to get a closer look at a bad accident when we know beforehand it won't be pretty.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Q Continuum
The trial never ends

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
There's also this portion of a person's brain that allows them to make choices as to whether they want to do something or not. Or in this case, click on something in the first place or not. But it seems to be part of our nature to want to get a closer look at a bad accident when we know beforehand it won't be pretty.
Morbid curiosity tends to override that, like it did to me.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:02 PM
NastyNinoSays

oh well, gonna be a long off season.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Because Reed is a bad coach.

LOL. I guess I asked a rhetorical question. But seriously, can anyone come up with some type of rational, no matter how far fetched ,as to why we hardly blitzed a QB who has a history of not handling it well?

Old
11-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
There's also this portion of a person's brain that allows them to make choices as to whether they want to do something or not. Or in this case, click on something in the first place or not.
I saw it in realtime. Noted it right away as I was watching on TV my eyes immediately went to the wrong location on the screen.

bad eyes..

So I knew what the picture was going to look like.

ps If I had that type of brain I would've turned off the game after the 2nd quarter. But its just not in me, had to wade through the interminable gore.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:04 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Wow, the refs gift the STamps for two TD's in the half. lol, just hopeless officiating.

Without that the Stamps have done next to nothing and are leading.
Seriously, that first touchdown was some of the worst offensive pass interference I've seen. Did they bring up the replacement refs from the NFL for this one or somethin?

Old
11-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
LOL. I guess I asked a rhetorical question. But seriously, can anyone come up with some type of rational, no matter how far fetched ,as to why we hardly blitzed a QB who has a history of not handling it well?
Because I said we should all week. Just to spite me.

I dunno, we had nothing up front in this game.

Its clear though if Ray was taking the beating behind our line he would've had a lot of problems.

I know theres a temptation to say if only RR was here but I don't think it makes much difference with how brutal our line is and our schemes are.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Stoneman89

Prognosis of a dislocated ankle

Many patients with a dislocated ankle heal well with appropriate physiotherapy and return to normal function. This may take weeks to months to achieve an optimal outcome. However, due to the severity of injury and widespread connective tissue damage associated with this condition, patients may experience long term effects. The most common long term effect of a dislocated ankle is an increased likelihood of future dislocation or ankle sprain with relatively minor trauma. In cases of recurrent ankle dislocation, surgical intervention may be indicated to increase the ankle's stability. This is usually followed by an extensive rehabilitation program lasting many months.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Seriously, that first touchdown was some of the worst offensive pass interference I've seen. Did they bring up the replacement refs from the NFL for this one or somethin?
Yeah two hand locks on the defenders arm, pulls him down, rider db fallsdown and pass lands into the Stamps hands with the Rider laying on the field going wtf.

That was actually the second TD. The first stamps TD was when the riders had 3 major fouls awarded in a row to sustain the Stamps TD drive.

brutal

Old
11-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Because I said we should all week. Just to spite me.

I dunno, we had nothing up front in this game.

Its clear though if Ray was taking the beating behind our line he would've had a lot of problems.

I know theres a temptation to say if only RR was here but I don't think it makes much difference with how brutal our line is and our schemes are.

RR would have gotten killed behind our O-line today. He should thank his lucky stars and Tillman that he got the hell out of this asylum when he did.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Prognosis of a dislocated ankle

Many patients with a dislocated ankle heal well with appropriate physiotherapy and return to normal function. This may take weeks to months to achieve an optimal outcome. However, due to the severity of injury and widespread connective tissue damage associated with this condition, patients may experience long term effects. The most common long term effect of a dislocated ankle is an increased likelihood of future dislocation or ankle sprain with relatively minor trauma. In cases of recurrent ankle dislocation, surgical intervention may be indicated to increase the ankle's stability. This is usually followed by an extensive rehabilitation program lasting many months.
Well that game sucked.

the end

Last edited by Replacement: 11-11-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: edited out stupid comment and lame attempt at repeating football humor.
Old
11-11-2012, 05:14 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Or just get special cleats that point both ways.

Sorry if thats out of taste.

Not meaning to laugh at Nichols plight. Its just a football joke.
Very poor joke.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Stoneman89

Sounds like it's going to be a long, painful off season for one Mr. Nichols.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Very poor joke.
I'll erase it.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Six in O6

Let's also just remember that Jyles was 5-4 as a starter this year for the Eskimos.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:22 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six in O6 View Post
Let's also just remember that Jyles was 5-4 as a starter this year for the Eskimos.
How could we forget the great contributions Jyles made this season. Even being 5-4 as a starter he was one of if not the worst ranked starting QB in the league. His CFL career is probably done.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Six in O6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
How could we forget the great contributions Jyles made this season. Even being 5-4 as a starter he was one of if not the worst ranked starting QB in the league. His CFL career is probably done.
I know. I agree. We never got to see him healthy again and Joseph and Nichols lead us to two wins combined in nine attempts. Let's not forget because if they don't make a splash for McPherson or Riley he's the only quarterback on our roster. Joseph will not start for this team again and Nichols will never be the same.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:27 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
I know. I agree. We never got to see him healthy again and Joseph and Nichols lead us to two wins combined in nine attempts. Let's not forget because if they don't make a splash for McPherson or Riley he's the only quarterback on our roster. Joseph will not start for this team again and Nichols will never be the same.
If Reed is still running the show I wouldn't bet on it.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:30 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Ya, but he will be a great gm.
He won't be the GM. It will be either Lemmerman or Hervey. Kavis will be back as head coach but I expect other coaching changes. A big part of our coaching struggles is the inexperienced coaching staff. Kavis bears some responsibility, of course, but it was other coaches also.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:39 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
So you're saying it's Jyles team again.

sigh

Old
11-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

It's weird how Quinton Porter dropped off the map. For a while there I thought that he might be the next breakout QB star.

He's a free agent this off-season but he's probably not a good option at this point.

Closed Thread