HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Number 1 defenceman to Edmonton

Old
11-11-2012, 04:38 PM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
It would take at least one of Eberle or RNH.
I don't think a deal centering Hall would fetch a #1D unlike a deal centering Eberle or RNH...the guy is as soft as chocolate chip cookies microwaved for a minute then dipped in milk for 30 seconds. Don't get me wrong, I think Hall is an amazing player and will be better than Eberle, but he's missed nearly 20 games each of his 2 years.

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
Yakupov for Larsson+
That plus is next to the wrong player, mate.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 04:47 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
But yet you easily say Schultz will be in the NHL next year racking up points?? LOL
The best part is that he thinks that Polak hasn't made the NHL... It was easy for me to decide to just stop talking to him.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
I don't think a deal centering Hall would fetch a #1D unlike a deal centering Eberle or RNH...the guy is as soft as chocolate chip cookies microwaved for a minute then dipped in milk for 30 seconds. Don't get me wrong, I think Hall is an amazing player and will be better than Eberle, but he's missed nearly 20 games each of his 2 years.
If you honestly believe that Hall is soft then I am not sure what to say. That is about as far away from a description of Hall as you can get.

Hi first injury was a complete fluke which happened in a fight with a guy he had no business getting inovlved with. The second season he missed most of these games becuase a a tear in his shoulder that happened in Juniors. At the time of his surgery he had scored 27 goals in 61 games playing with a shoulder that he surgeon could not imagine how he was still playing with.

Fourier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 05:22 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
What if Chicago did something like Keith for Hall or Yakupov?

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans1000 View Post
The OIlers are not going to trade Hall. He is the face of the team. That is not to say he is the best of the kids, but he is the guy that will be the team's emotional leader.

Old
11-11-2012, 08:00 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
It's funny that every non-Oiler fan here thinks that Eberle has more value than Hall...yet every Oiler fan thinks the opposite.

There's a difference between being soft and being reckless.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:02 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Larsson was 4th overall in RNH's draft. Yakupov was considered on par with RNH.

Just because Larsson was insanely hyped in his draft year doesn't mean actual GMs value him the way HF posters do.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:15 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Larsson was 4th overall in RNH's draft. Yakupov was considered on par with RNH.

Just because Larsson was insanely hyped in his draft year doesn't mean actual GMs value him the way HF posters do.
Please provide proof.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:21 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
It's funny that every non-Oiler fan here thinks that Eberle has more value than Hall...yet every Oiler fan thinks the opposite.

There's a difference between being soft and being reckless.
I agree, it's ridiculous. Hall is so much better and more valuable than Eberle. Funny how people who only see highlights see Eberle's hands but don't see all the amazing little things that Hall does... Zone entries, etc.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Haha no

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:45 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I agree, it's ridiculous. Hall is so much better and more valuable than Eberle. Funny how people who only see highlights see Eberle's hands but don't see all the amazing little things that Hall does... Zone entries, etc.
Funny because i read in a couple of Hall's threads that he is not very imaginative in his zone entry, he always does the same thing and that eventually other teams would catch up to him. His ceiling is considered lower than the other 3 guys by Oilers fans.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:46 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Haha no
I think NJ are seeing Larsson as a future top 10 in the NHl.

Last edited by guyzeur: 11-12-2012 at 02:01 PM.
guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:04 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
I think he meant that the Oiler fans were overvaluing the package. At least I hope thats what he meant.

Yandle
Karlsson
Pietrangelo
Doughty
McDonagh
Myers
Hedman
Bogosian
Subban
Larsson

Any one of those would cost the Oilers at least one of the big 4. Some will cost even more.
Out of the list I am not trading one of the FAB 4, for Yandle Karlsson(we don't need a one dimenssional dman) McDonagh, Myers, Hedman, Bogo, Subban or Larsson. I don't consider these players top dmen and if I am trading one of my FAB 4 it is going to be for a top dman.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:55 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Funny because i read in a couple of Hall's threads that he is not very imaginative in his zone entry, he always does the same thing and that eventually other teams would catch up to him. His ceiling is considered lower than the other 3 guys by Oilers fans.
Nope. He's considered the weaker one right now, but arguably the highest upside, and definitely the most valuable. You'll have a hard time finding any true Oilers fan who would trade Hall before Eberle or Yakupov

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

I would downgrade trade two of the three Hall, Eberle and Yakupov for lesser veteran wingers and get a good center and some top veteran defensemen. Only problem is, almost no one is trading those kind of players who have non-rental situations. You can get a good goalie fairly easily though.

No team has won the Cup the last I-don't-know how many years when their best player was a true winger...especially left wing.

I would prefer to keep Hall out of the three but he may fetch you the most legitimate asset.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:23 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans1000 View Post
Don't like that contract Keith has, and with J.Schultz coming along and Petry's development the Oilers would pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
I think NJ are seeing Larsson as a future top 10 in the NHl.
I like Larsson but he's not playing like a top 10 D in the AHL.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Out of the list I am not trading one of the FAB 4, for Yandle Karlsson(we don't need a one dimenssional dman) McDonagh, Myers, Hedman, Bogo, Subban or Larsson. I don't consider these players top dmen and if I am trading one of my FAB 4 it is going to be for a top dman.
If we're assuming you'd still want relatively young talent, that really doesn't leave many defensemen available... and of those available ones, I don't think any of them would be moved for the "Fab 4". Teams just don't move defensemen of that caliber unless they have no choice.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:50 PM
SDig14

I think people are writing a lot bigger names down that they should be.

Why are we even discussing guys like Pietrangelo, Doughty, Karlsson, etc?

The Oilers will try to target a #2-3 guys with non-core assets. They are not trading any of Eberle, Hall, Yak, or RNH, and that means they aren't acquiring any of the names above.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 06:06 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
I think people are writing a lot bigger names down that they should be.

Why are we even discussing guys like Pietrangelo, Doughty, Karlsson, etc?

The Oilers will try to target a #2-3 guys with non-core assets. They are not trading any of Eberle, Hall, Yak, or RNH, and that means they aren't acquiring any of the names above.
Exaclty! And because it might take some unusual circumstances for the right deal to appear there is no hurry to make a trade of this type either.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I would downgrade trade two of the three Hall, Eberle and Yakupov for lesser veteran wingers and get a good center and some top veteran defensemen. Only problem is, almost no one is trading those kind of players who have non-rental situations. You can get a good goalie fairly easily though.

No team has won the Cup the last I-don't-know how many years when their best player was a true winger...especially left wing.

I would prefer to keep Hall out of the three but he may fetch you the most legitimate asset.
You don't need to trade players of the calibre of Hall, Yakupov or Eberle to get a second line center or veteran defencemen. And it is very possible that the Oilers best player will actually be a center.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:01 AM
rockinghockey

If this season is a wash then I guess it doesn't really matter; we will have to wait and see how some of our young dmen are ready to step up. Whitney could be gone as he is an UFA. It will leave us with
Schultz; Schultz
Smid (UFA but EDM will resign him); Petry
Then we have players like Klefbom, Musil, Marincin, and Tuebert that might be ready for a bottom pairing.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
You don't consider those top-dmen?

That's like, me saying I don't consider any of the fab-4 in Edm as top-forwards in the league. Aside for Eberle, nobody surpassed 60p. You think the Rangers are going to trade McDonagh for someone who put up 53 points last season? You think Buffalo is going to cough up someone like Myers for a combination of lesser assets?

When will you guys learn? You want value, be prepared to give some up. Big 4? 2 of those big-4 hovered around 50-point production last season. The one-dimensional Karlsson you're ragging on produced more offensively than all of your saviors.

Edm doesn't have any chance of landing a dmen like the ones mentioned above w/o giving up one of the 4. And if you want a more bona fide dmen than those, be prepared to add something significant on top.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 04:43 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
I'd deal Eberle in a millisecond if someone offered me Karlsson. I wouldn't write off the rest of the list ether wthout a deeper think. I'd do Myers as well, a 1-2 punch of Myers Shultz the next 15 years, pick up a centre this year at the draft (Oilers will prob pick 5-10), hall-rnh centre-yak PRV-gagner Myers-schultz klefblom-pet. Set for life, a trained monkey or even dubnik could win in goals with that lot.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 04:49 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Please provide proof.
Love the call out on a statement that is not a fact but an opinion. If you want proof look at any scouting report, any draft list, stats, tsn reports,HF polls for crying out loud. But dont cry foul if there is not a chart that empirically and quantitatively shows Yakupov was on par with RNH.

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote