HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

assuming there is no season where do the top ufa's go?

Old
11-11-2012, 05:55 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
The Oilers need a hard hitting top 6 winger.

Signing Horton or Clowe would be great.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 05:55 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcanuck View Post
I can see Clowe testing free agency, SJ has choked for like 4 years in a row now.

If thats the case, Van would go after him hard because he fits exactly what we need in our top 6.

Edler will be re-signed gaurantee that, and I have a hunch that Raymond will be dealt with Luongo.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Clowe
Hansen - Higgins - Kassian
Weise - Lappiere - Mallet

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Ballard - Connaughton

C.Schneider
E.Lack

World class skill + size and toughness
"Hmm, the Sharks just choked last season against the 2nd seed, let me go play for the 1st seed who choked to the 8th seed!"

Come on, where's the logic.

Clowe might test, but it will be because he knows that teams will way overpay for players of his type. He might demand $5M, which he will not even close to be worth.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
"Hmm, the Sharks just choked last season against the 2nd seed, let me go play for the 1st seed who choked to the 8th seed!"

Come on, where's the logic.

Clowe might test, but it will be because he knows that teams will way overpay for players of his type. He might demand $5M, which he will not even close to be worth.
"Buuuuuut that 1st seed DID make the Finals the year before while on the Sharks we have never done it. Heck that 1st seed also beat my team in 5 games when we played them"

2 can play that game

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:04 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcanuck View Post
I can see Clowe testing free agency, SJ has choked for like 4 years in a row now.

If thats the case, Van would go after him hard because he fits exactly what we need in our top 6.

Edler will be re-signed gaurantee that, and I have a hunch that Raymond will be dealt with Luongo.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Clowe
Hansen - Higgins - Kassian
Weise - Lappiere - Mallet

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Ballard - Connaughton

C.Schneider
E.Lack

World class skill + size and toughness
You forgot Garrison and wtf is Higgins doing at C?

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:08 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
"Buuuuuut that 1st seed DID make the Finals the year before while on the Sharks we have never done it. Heck that 1st seed also beat my team in 5 games when we played them"

2 can play that game
Not a great argument, since the Sharks had every one of their top-6 forwards significantly injured except the one that scored a goal per game in the series.

Anyway, my point is that there's no reason that Clowe would sign with Vancouver over anyone else.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Not a great argument, since the Sharks had every one of their top-6 forwards significantly injured except the one that scored a goal per game in the series.

Anyway, my point is that there's no reason that Clowe would sign with Vancouver over anyone else.
Just saying, we didn't have Daniel against LA, and Kesler was playing injured (again).

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Plus Weise is a RW, replace him with Volpatti.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Clowe
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Mallet-Kassian
Ebbet/Weise/Pinnizatto

Hamhuis-Bieska
Edler-Garrison
K-Conn-Tanev
Alberts/whoever

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Fire Dumboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Exactly this, I could easily see Clarkie and Patty both take discounts to stay. I am 100% sure Patty , Zubie, and Clarkie stay. If Zajac doesnt re-sign, then he will go to Winnipeg
Patty has said he doesn't believe in taking discounts.

Fire Dumboer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:13 PM
rypper

I hope Gillis's focus is getting Edler locked up and within our salary structure. After that making a move for Perry or Clowe would be nice provided we can juggle the cap.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:23 PM
KingCanadain1976

Lupul, Joffrey » L TOR 29 $4,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Morrow, Brenden » L DAL 33 $4,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Clowe, Ryane » L SAN 30 $3,625,000 2013 (UFA)
Clark MacArthur, Clarke » L TOR 27 $3,250,000 2013
Filppula, Valtteri » L DET 28 $3,000,000 2013 (UFA)
these people would all interest la but only at a reasonable rate They have 2 lw due to be free agents ( simon gagne and dustin penner )

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Don't see the Wild doing much of anything. Most of our free agents will be replaced by our prospects. Hackett will replace Backstrom, Cullen will likely retire, effectively finishing his career in Minnesota, and be replaced by Bulmer or Larsson, and Bouchard will either be re-signed to a one year deal or let go of and be replaced by one of Coyle or Zucker. Maybe we go after a top 4 d-man until Dumba is ready but that's about all I can see us doing. We took care of our bottom 6 depth this past off-season with Konopka and Mitchell.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:32 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Not Montreal, because we're really ****ed in the a, regardless of what happens with this lockout.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:

Using injuries as excuses?

Or at least thats what the situation is called when Canucks say that about the SCF.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:02 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Just saying, we didn't have Daniel against LA, and Kesler was playing injured (again).
Quote:
Using injuries as excuses?
You can have it one way, or the other, not both.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
Weiss and Clowe are perfect UFA targets I would think for our team.

Lupul-Weiss-Kessel
Kulemin-grabo-Clowe
Kadri-Colborne-Frattin
Brown-McClement-D'Amigo
Steckle

Thats a pretty ****ing solid top 12. Some good youth on that team in the 3rd line that could be one hell of a 3rd scoring line. Lots of grit and defensive play in the 4th line. Steckle for uber important faceoffs and depth.
So JVR was traded for what?

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:10 PM
NYVanfan

Canucks has better re-sign Edler ... their D will look very average without him, and from this thread it seems a lot of sharks will be circling... (if not the actual sharks)

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:22 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
Canucks has better re-sign Edler ... their D will look very average without him, and from this thread it seems a lot of sharks will be circling... (if not the actual sharks)
We're ****ed if Edler walks, especially if we get nothing in return for him—if we lose him for nothing after developing and nurturing him since 2004 that would be a huge waste of assets, especially since we were unable to make an offer for Weber or another top D man which might allow us to let him walk.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:26 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
We're ****ed if Edler walks, especially if we get nothing in return for him—if we lose him for nothing after developing and nurturing him since 2004 that would be a huge waste of assets, especially since we were unable to make an offer for Weber or another top D man which might allow us to let him walk.
blows that he's UFA at just 26 ...guess its the deals he signed
hope we signs him shortly after cba is settled ...
if he gets to July 1 someone might throw Suter dough at him

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:37 PM
VerySuperFamous

Quote:

2 can play that game
On top of the injuries, game 5 had a mistaken call that put the Canucks back in the game. Game three or four the Canucks won 4-2 or something with 3 5 on 3 goals, some were iffy penalties and the rest were delay of game or putting the puck into their feet during changes on the penalty kill, Eager cost them game 2 singlehandedly, and game 1 when the powerplay was 100% for San Jose there was a missed highsticking call when Mitchell might have been cut. The Canucks had some lucky breaks and reffing mistakes go their way.

VerySuperFamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:56 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Not gonna get into too much detail but I can see Connolly or Lombardi signing for really cheap in Anaheim to play #2C.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:00 PM
blankall

Is Cervenka not a RFA? The Flames will be very active going after all available #1 centers.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:05 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySuperFamous View Post
On top of the injuries, game 5 had a mistaken call that put the Canucks back in the game. Game three or four the Canucks won 4-2 or something with 3 5 on 3 goals, some were iffy penalties and the rest were delay of game or putting the puck into their feet during changes on the penalty kill, Eager cost them game 2 singlehandedly, and game 1 when the powerplay was 100% for San Jose there was a missed highsticking call when Mitchell might have been cut. The Canucks had some lucky breaks and reffing mistakes go their way.
Lets he honest here, the Sharks played like **** against Vancouver in that series and was carried by a one shouldered Big Joe. Their goaltending collapsed when they needed him most and the whole team decided to try and play the Bruins style against us. After Raff destroyed JT and his shoulder near hung off his body, the Sharks were no hope for the depth and speed of the Nucks.
I think in anothe series without Raff, the Sharks have a true chance, especially having Burns take pressure off Boyle.

Back on topic boys.
Edler stays, he'll see with the new CBA his best chance at more success is to take a medium length deal on the coast. 4 years 22 million

To the Antro and Leopold ideas. No thanks to the latter, we'll still have Ballard on the third pair. But Antro at least gives a 3rd line center granted one of Lapierre or Schroeder take that spot. Antro at 2.5 sounds ok for 2 years. I'd even give him a modified NTC for the first year if he agreed to 2 million.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:12 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
Go Leafs Go

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the NHL and NHLPA need to agree that players with 1 year left on their contracts will become UFA's if the 2012-2013 season is cancelled. I remember after the 2004-2005 lockout they agreed that any contracts during that time with 1 year left would be expired, so is not 100% that players like Getzlaf, Perry, Lupul and etc will become UFA's?

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
You can have it one way, or the other, not both.
How about you use my full quote so it doesn't look like a contradiction which it seems like you were trying to make it out to be.

Also the point you're trying to make makes no sense as I would need to be the person in the 1st quote to have "both ways".

Old
11-11-2012, 09:50 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the NHL and NHLPA need to agree that players with 1 year left on their contracts will become UFA's if the 2012-2013 season is cancelled. I remember after the 2004-2005 lockout they agreed that any contracts during that time with 1 year left would be expired, so is not 100% that players like Getzlaf, Perry, Lupul and etc will become UFA's?
didn't know that but why wouldn't they agree? if they did it in 2004 they can do it again

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote