HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thread (V): Argos embarass Eskimos; Changes need to be made. Nichols seriously hurt.

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
It's weird how Quinton Porter dropped off the map. For a while there I thought that he might be the best breakout QB star.

He's a free agent this off-season but he's probably not a good option at this point.
Who?

I'm being serious with this. Don't even remember him.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Hockey Nightmare

I hate the Stamps, but Rider tears would taste sweet. Too bad they can't both lose...

Old
11-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Who?

I'm being serious with this. Don't even remember him.
Ti-Cats back-up. He's still there.

In 2008 he took the starters job for a brief time when Printers (lol) got hurt. In his second career start he threw for over 400 yards and 5 touchdowns and played well down the stretch. When 2009 rolled around he was holding a clipboard again.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Ti-Cats back-up. He's still there.

In 2008 he took the starters job for a brief time when Printers (lol) got hurt. In his second career start he threw for over 400 yards and 5 touchdowns and played well down the stretch. When 2009 rolled around he was holding a clipboard again.
Thanks, blink and you miss it. I was probably out camping that weekend or something. Not that I watch a lot of ticats ball anyway.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:02 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Thanks, blink and you miss it. I was probably out camping that weekend or something.
Seriously? He's played for the Tabbies for several years and was touted as their future QB. He may not be back, or maybe we'll sign him.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Beerfish

Porter stinks.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:08 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Porter stinks.
So maybe we will sign him then?

Old
11-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

There are A LOT of stinky quarterbacks in the Canadian Football League. I really miss the days when every team had an exceptional QB and it was a shootout every night.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Woo! The Riders just took the lead with 50 seconds left.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:19 PM
MoneyGuy

I dislike the Riders but would love to see them upset the cocky Stamps.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Well, the Stamps fluked one out again. Somebody needs to find that horseshoe and flush it down the toilet or something.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Hard not to like Tate. I imagine this guy will be around for awhile. Kind of a depressing thought that is from an Eskimos standpoint.

Calgary just always seems to be able to reload at QB.

Man did Tate ever turn it around in this game. Started slow but battled throughout.

Turned out to be a good game after an awful first 20mins.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Kyle McMahon

So another fluke win by the Stampeders, what's that 5 now this season? Never in my life have I seen a team just get break after break. A six point swing just dropped into their lap at the end of the first half. What was the margin of victory? Six points. Oh well, whoever won this game is simply a punching bag for BC next week anyway.

On Porter, I thought for sure we were going after either him or McPherson when we traded Ray. He would have been a solid option, and might still be. He was better than Kevin Glenn for much of his time in Hamilton, but Glenn got more press.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Hard not to like Tate. I imagine this guy will be around for awhile. Kind of a depressing thought that is from an Eskimos standpoint.

Calgary just always seems to be able to reload at QB.

Man did Tate ever turn it around in this game. Started slow but battled throughout.

Turned out to be a good game after an awful first 20mins.
This is what happens when a coach starts the better QB, instead of being loyal to a past-his-prime veteran (though lets be clear, Glenn is 100 times better than Joseph). And I don't even think Hufnagel is that great of a coach, but he's not stupid, that's for sure. He had no problem outcoaching Reed 4 times this year. Nobody should have any problem doing that though.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:49 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Some notes on the game....

Really too bad to see Nichols go down the way he did...haven't heard anything yet but hopefully it isn't serious. It looked really bad though.

Haven't read through the thread at all but I am sure there are a few constants....Replacement finding every excuse for Joseph and refusing to acknowledge the fact that Ray owned the Esks in this game.
Must be nice for Ray to shove it down the Esks throats after one of the worst trades in Esks history.

In any event I have given up on Reed. His decision making is not a product of experience IMO. Its a product of not having a feel for the game.
It would seem that Milanovic and other new coaches don't seem to have the same issues that Reed has with decision making.
There is no amount of talent that can make up for a head coach the consistently makes the wrong decisions prior to and during a game.
I am also getting tired of his little pissy animated displays all the time. It has become embarrassing.

A couple of examples of his questionable decision making....it has become a game by game deal for Reed.
Its inexplicable why Joseph played an entire half. He must have someone like Replacement whispering in his ear about how great Joseph is because I honestly do not get why Reed cant or wont acknowledge the obvious.

What in the world was up with the decision to sit Chalrles as long as he did? If Charles wasn't fit to play then he shouldn't have been dressed.
Its the last game of the season...what was he saving him for? Ridiculous.

This was a 7-11 team that didn't deserve to make the playoffs...getting their ***** handed to them by Ray and the Argos was fitting to say the least.

A couple of things required for the off season....

An average or better than average QB. Is Ray available?
A better O-line
A kick returner.
An OC and a HC that have a clue.

I honestly didn't think it was possible for a GM to screw up the team worse the Maccioica did...Tillman showed us all what kind of a GM he really was.
Great job Tillman.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Seriously? He's played for the Tabbies for several years and was touted as their future QB. He may not be back, or maybe we'll sign him.

Never thought he was that good. Apparently his coaches agree, thus the clipboard career.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
There are A LOT of stinky quarterbacks in the Canadian Football League. I really miss the days when every team had an exceptional QB and it was a shootout every night.

When the hell was that? I must have been out of the country.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:53 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
This is what happens when a coach starts the better QB, instead of being loyal to a past-his-prime veteran (though lets be clear, Glenn is 100 times better than Joseph). And I don't even think Hufnagel is that great of a coach, but he's not stupid, that's for sure. He had no problem outcoaching Reed 4 times this year. Nobody should have any problem doing that though.
Reed looks to be pretty easy to out coach. Reed, Joseph and Crandell should walk into the sunset holding hands as the closing credits play...that would be the appropriate ending for this season.

Aside from Tillman these 3 are the main reasons why this was a 7-11 team that got their ***** kicked in the playoffs.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Some notes on the game....

Really too bad to see Nichols go down the way he did...haven't heard anything yet but hopefully it isn't serious. It looked really bad though.

Haven't read through the thread at all but I am sure there are a few constants....Replacement finding every excuse for Joseph and refusing to acknowledge the fact that Ray owned the Esks in this game.
Must be nice for Ray to shove it down the Esks throats after one of the worst trades in Esks history.

In any event I have given up on Reed. His decision making is not a product of experience IMO. Its a product of not having a feel for the game.
It would seem that Milanovic and other new coaches don't seem to have the same issues that Reed has with decision making.
There is no amount of talent that can make up for a head coach the consistently makes the wrong decisions prior to and during a game.
I am also getting tired of his little pissy animated displays all the time. It has become embarrassing.

A couple of examples of his questionable decision making....it has become a game by game deal for Reed.
Its inexplicable why Joseph played an entire half. He must have someone like Replacement whispering in his ear about how great Joseph is because I honestly do not get why Reed cant or wont acknowledge the obvious.

What in the world was up with the decision to sit Chalrles as long as he did? If Charles wasn't fit to play then he shouldn't have been dressed.
Its the last game of the season...what was he saving him for? Ridiculous.

This was a 7-11 team that didn't deserve to make the playoffs...getting their ***** handed to them by Ray and the Argos was fitting to say the least.

A couple of things required for the off season....

An average or better than average QB. Is Ray available?
A better O-line
A kick returner.
An OC and a HC that have a clue.

I honestly didn't think it was possible for a GM to screw up the team worse the Maccioica did...Tillman showed us all what kind of a GM he really was.
Great job Tillman.

Won't disagree with most of your points. Unfortunately, being late to the board, they've all already been rehashed on here about a million times.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Reed looks to be pretty easy to out coach. Reed, Joseph and Crandell should walk into the sunset holding hands as the closing credits play...that would be the appropriate ending for this season.

Aside from Tillman these 3 are the main reasons why this was a 7-11 team that got their ***** kicked in the playoffs.
The entire coaching staff need to be canned.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Ticats really don't even exist on my radar. A team I never care about one iota and few people do. For a longtime I expected that club to fold. Just never cared for them at all.

Usually they're just plain awful and not worth watching. League doormats.

Old
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
The entire coaching staff need to be canned.

I agree in terms of the offence.
You are not happy at all with the coaches on the D side of the ball?

Old
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Won't disagree with most of your points. Unfortunately, being late to the board, they've all already been rehashed on here about a million times.
Oh well...it felt good to vent.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six in O6 View Post
I know. I agree. We never got to see him healthy again and Joseph and Nichols lead us to two wins combined in nine attempts. Let's not forget because if they don't make a splash for McPherson or Riley he's the only quarterback on our roster. Joseph will not start for this team again and Nichols will never be the same.

If Jyles is back here again, there will be torches and pitchforks at the Eskimos head offices.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
I agree in terms of the offence.
You are not happy at all with the coaches on the D side of the ball?

I thought we had some excellent personel on the D side of the ball. Our starting front 7 was superb and 4 of the guys on pass defence managed to hide Rod Williams for most of the season, until he was badly exposed in yet another playoff game today. Nelson refuses to blitz for some strange reason. From what I saw today for example, they only rushed the front 4 and exerted absolutely zero pressure on RR for the most part. The first blitz occured with about 4 minutes left in the 1st half, and Munoz got a sack for the efforts. Unfortunately, the score was out of hand by that point. Nelson has tried to get away with rushing 4 guys for the most part all year and it really killed us today. I think he feels we need to stack up on pass coverage and get those kind of sacks. Credit to the people on our D that are able to make things happen despite a very vanilla passive type of system. No, I don't think it's a learning curve with Nelson. It's his style and RR exposed him badly today. If we had any kind of a confusing rush on Ray from the get go, we may have rattled him. That's what I thought they would do. But Nelson did the same thing he's done all year. Rush 4 and hope for the best.

Fail.

Closed Thread