Old
11-11-2012, 06:29 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Yes.
He's let in 8 goals in 40 minutes. Andersen let in 2 in the remaining time. This can't be chalked up to "just having a couple bad nights" without giving Andersen the same credit.

Bobkov has been awful. He gets a few good saves here and there but I see more NHL potential in Andersen. His head is in the game despite some goofs. He's more consistent. Bobkov as an NHL goalie will be a guy who will make a few good saves that will look cool, but he'll let in too many. That's all I've seen so far.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
He's let in 8 goals in 40 minutes. Andersen let in 2 in the remaining time. This can't be chalked up to "just having a couple bad nights" without giving Andersen the same credit.
Andersen was not tested like Bobkov was in either game. Andersen also has pro experience and is two years older. Andersen can't seem to follow the puck and his arms rarely leave his side; he's shot blocking, not goaltending.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Exit Dose

Tomorrow's game is going to be at 11am PST, so we'll need you guys in Europe to fill us in.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Corey Perry*

I really don't think either of Bobkov or Andersen will become NHL calibre goalies. IIRC, Bobkov was mediocre in the OHL, and still hasn't really put it together, and Andersen is a little behind in development for somebody who's 23. The guy who I think has what it takes is Gibson, and I'm sure all of you will agree that he's our best Goalie prospect. I'm not completely writing off Bobkov or Andersen, as their still quite young, I just don't see it happening. Gut feeling.

Last edited by Corey Perry*: 11-12-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Tomorrow's game is going to be at 11am PST, so we'll need you guys in Europe to fill us in.
Why? Don't you get tomorrow off?

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
I really don't think either of Bobkov or Andersen will become NHL calibre goalies. IIRC, Bobkov was mediocre in the OHL, and still hasn't really put it together, and Andersen is a little behind in development for somebody who's 23. The NHL guy who I think has what it takes is Gibson, and I'm sure all of you will agree that he's our best Goalie prospect. I'm not completely writing off Bobkov or Andersen, I just don't see it happening.
No one should be writing either of them off partially. Barring a glut of injuries, both of these guys are about two to three seasons away from getting their first start in the NHL - with an average development curve.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Why? Don't you get tomorrow off?
I have plans.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
I really don't think either of Bobkov or Andersen will become NHL calibre goalies. IIRC, Bobkov was mediocre in the OHL, and still hasn't really put it together, and Andersen is a little behind in development for somebody who's 23. The NHL guy who I think has what it takes is Gibson, and I'm sure all of you will agree that he's our best Goalie prospect. I'm not completely writing off Bobkov or Andersen, as their still quite young, I just don't see it happening. Gut feeling.
I didn't see him play last season but from what I read Bobkov was behind an awful team in the OHL and still posted a somewhat respectable save percentage and apparently kept his team in more than a few games they shouldn't have been in.

I would agree that Gibson is our best goaltending prospect but the development curve of goalies is so hard to predict. Some guys will come out of nowhere to become NHL starters in their late 20s where as others like Carey Price and Cam Ward are starting at a relatively young age. From what I've seen, Bobkov is incredibly raw and has had some great moments but has also allowed some very questionable goals. Andersen hasn't really impressed me but he's new to North America and we're only 10 games into the season. I remember how bad Hiller looked in his first 10 or so starts in 07-08 compared to how he looked by the end of the season where you could start to see signs that he had the potential to be a good NHL starter.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Carelton CA

Something has to change in net. You can't expect a team, on the road, to come back from 3 and 4 goal 1st period deficits. It is incredibly deflating to have that happen. The bright side of that is once the goalie switch was made, they settled down and the game was even except for the strange PP goal the Falcons picked up on a strange rebound off the glass.

Carelton CA is offline   Reply With Quote