HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Be A Pro Thread

Old
11-11-2012, 11:49 AM
TheScourge
Go Moose Go!

vCash: 500
I hate it when your playing be a pro and you only get about 7 mins of playing time on the top line and only getting about 1-30 second shifts

TheScourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:06 PM
PookDo

Anyone get made Captain on their team? I'm in my third season. Wearing a "C" in the All Star game but wondering if it will happen on my season team

PookDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Benzy19

Anaheim is in complete rebuilding mode in my Be a Pro, which sucks for me since other than Ryan and Getzlaf, I am the offense. In my first season with them(2013-14) we came in the bottom 5 and they traded away even more veterans like Hiller. But then they traded away Smith-Pelly and Etem for freaking Jay Bowmeester... where is the logic in this?!?! I tried to ask for a trade out of there but they say my trade value isn't high enough, I scored 28 goals and was 2nd for the Calder(Huberdeau won it).

Anyone know how to get your trade value up?

Benzy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
The trade request feature kinda sucks.

I mean, every time I ask for a trade, I either get the "you have no value right now." or "you're too important to the team so I won't trade you. End of discussion." messages.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:13 PM
SabresMafia
Rookie User

Who else is playing as a pro in the QMJHL? I'm on the Shawinigan Cataractes and they are AWFUL on defense and regularly give up 4 goals a game. I do have a 5 game point streak going, however... but we're 2-3.

SabresMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:19 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxBruins View Post
I hate it when your playing be a pro and you only get about 7 mins of playing time on the top line and only getting about 1-30 second shifts
Special teams help. Try and boost your defensive abilities.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Nordic*

My 16 year old Jukka Eklund looks like he's 40.

Also, why is it so hard to score on BAP? Goalies swipe anything I throw at them, while my linemates get goals from pathetic shots going 10 mph?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Tavaresfan91

I'm filthy 97 overall and won 2 straight Norris trophys left stars and went to jackets for 2 years 6.8 mill per

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:32 AM
Nordic*

Second season in juniors and something is messed up. It will only simulate one day at a time, which is a real pain in the ass. Has anyone else had this?

Old
11-16-2012, 10:51 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookDo View Post
Anyone get made Captain on their team? I'm in my third season. Wearing a "C" in the All Star game but wondering if it will happen on my season team
I think I was captain on the Sting for a bit when I was in the OHL, not any form of a captain in the NHL yet (only second season).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzy19 View Post
Anaheim is in complete rebuilding mode in my Be a Pro, which sucks for me since other than Ryan and Getzlaf, I am the offense. In my first season with them(2013-14) we came in the bottom 5 and they traded away even more veterans like Hiller. But then they traded away Smith-Pelly and Etem for freaking Jay Bowmeester... where is the logic in this?!?! I tried to ask for a trade out of there but they say my trade value isn't high enough, I scored 28 goals and was 2nd for the Calder(Huberdeau won it).

Anyone know how to get your trade value up?

I got drafted #1 overall by Anaheim and when I got there, I only had like Etem and Bobby Ryan. Then in the off season after we won the Cup, they even let those guys go... So I asked for a trade. I won the Art Ross, Calder, Hart, Pearson, Conn Smythe and the Selke so that boosted my trade value, I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

I mean, every time I ask for a trade, I either get the "you have no value right now." or "you're too important to the team so I won't trade you. End of discussion." messages.
And I actually got traded. I got traded to the LA Kings, who still have: Carter, Richards, Voynov, Doughty, Quick, Gagne, Kopitar, Brown and probably a few other regulars. I'm hoping that next year they're still all there too or at least most of them.

I like how the career stats thing doesn't list team name beside your stats or it would look all sad seeing everything tainted by going from team to team, which is what I will do if I consistently have no team around me. Can't wait to sign the next contract.

Haven't been playing too much, EHM 2007 sucked me back in shortly after I got NHL13

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:42 PM
TheScourge
Go Moose Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Special teams help. Try and boost your defensive abilities.
thanks for the tips

TheScourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Rubber Biscuit
Noted Loui Apologist

Is it possible to stay in the NHL for the entire full season?

I'm a 70 OVR TWD on the Kings' first pair.

30 pts in 50 games and I've already met all my challenges playing every fourth game. I just got sent down with no warning at all.

Rubber Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Deku Scrub
leave it yeah

vCash: 3900
I usually can't stand playing Be a Pro but last night I started one up... as George Parros. It's been a blast so far. In the preseason I had 27 hits and 1 assist, while winning three fights. I also injured two people in one game in the same period.

We lost our home opener 5-1 to Tampa Bay. But that meant I could goon it up! Won two fights and had 14 penalty minutes.

Ryan Malone is now my mortal enemy after he hit me from behind on the rush. It was payback for when I injured him in the preseason from a huge hit. Every time we play the Bolts, I'm going to hunt him down.

Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Thomazo

i actually never liked playing BAP but im gonna try to start one as goalie tomorrow.so i have couple of questions:

1.what settings should i use when playing as a goalie?that i would get shots regularly and that it would be realistic.

2.if i start from CHL how long do i have to play there before getting drafted or being good enough for NHL?

3.if i simulate games does it hurt player's growth or smething else?i would like to play about 1/3 of the season.

thanks!

Thomazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:11 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

Yeah there is no logic to it...

They finally approved my request but I was like a 4 or 5 year vet by that point haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomazo View Post
i actually never liked playing BAP but im gonna try to start one as goalie tomorrow.so i have couple of questions:

1.what settings should i use when playing as a goalie?that i would get shots regularly and that it would be realistic.

2.if i start from CHL how long do i have to play there before getting drafted or being good enough for NHL?

3.if i simulate games does it hurt player's growth or smething else?i would like to play about 1/3 of the season.

thanks!
1. earlier in the thread there was some discussion about that, just zoom back a few pages and you can find something, I dont remember out of the top of my head

2. you start at the beginning of the season, and I think you can do two years before your draft year but standard is one year

3. you can simulate, and it wont hurt you, but it wont really help you. you can get like triple or quadruple the experience if you play the games and do well, you get a lot less for simmed games. playing 1/3 is more than enough to do well, you might just wanna play like the third period of every game (sim the first two periods) and you will have better experience growth

Last edited by wKetch22: 11-19-2012 at 03:17 PM.
wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Nordic*

How do you get expreience points?

Goals, assists & +/-

Hits?

Pokechecks?

Fights?

Shots blocked?

Passes intercepted?

Is there some kind of stat-sheet where you can see what and how many points you get from every category?

Old
11-20-2012, 03:14 AM
plaaplaa72

Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Funny thing, i started as a 16 year old goalie in the WHL, simmed the two seasons and got drafted 1st overall to the Predators. So now my guy is 82 OVR. Pretty much dominated the WHL with under 1.70GAA and over .930% in both years.

plaaplaa72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 06:13 PM
KovalSNIPE

Wow, what bull****. I got dropped down to my junior team for terrible play when I yet to play a pre-season game. I would've made the Bruins roster too yet they didn't even give me a shot. I can't even be called up if I wanted to!

KovalSNIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalSNIPE View Post
Wow, what bull****. I got dropped down to my junior team for terrible play when I yet to play a pre-season game. I would've made the Bruins roster too yet they didn't even give me a shot. I can't even be called up if I wanted to!
I got sent down from Edmonton after 12 games of the regular season, where I had 22 points as a defenceman.

That's......I don't know, it's something.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:06 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
I got sent down from Edmonton after 12 games of the regular season, where I had 22 points as a defenceman.

That's......I don't know, it's something.
I found your problem.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Curious to know what is the latest anyone has ever been drafted? Is it possible to be undrafted?

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:56 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Curious to know what is the latest anyone has ever been drafted? Is it possible to be undrafted?
To my knowledge, no it is not possible. The latest you would be drafted would be the final pick of the last round. I think I managed it once when I was playing Be-A-Pro on superstar in nhl 11 or 12. While the scout says you would be lucky to be drafted, you will get picked.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 12:03 AM
ILikeTurtles

Missed one game to injury, so Joe Morrow has 98 points in 39 games. 66 goals and 37 assits. First year of the be a pro so I am looking to shatter records. Would really like to get to an 80 overall by next season, currently a 70, after jumping from a 63. Good start, still some work to do.

ILikeTurtles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 12:33 PM
plaaplaa72

Damn nice, played in the all-star game in my second be a pro season on a line with Stamkos and Kovalchuk. I was also Captain of the Red Team.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:35 PM
plaaplaa72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
In NHL 12 i went once undrafted after i simmed the whole OHL season, my pro had 20-30 points in 60 games or something.
Should have taken a picture of it.