HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2012, 09:41 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Some of the prices being thrown out by Leafs fans for Luongo here are crazy.... Toronto's not going to part with core pieces for a 33 year old goaltender. One thing about Brian Burke, he's as stubborn as they come, and he's the type that would rather go with the players who's tires he's been pumping then make such a drastic move.

Remember, this is a guy who could've had a 26-year old Mike Richards for Kulemin & Kadri, a player who embodies basically everything he was boasting about -- truculence, beligerence, pugnacity, leadership, and who also happened to fill the glaring hole at #1C. He turned it down.

If an unwillingness to part with core pieces means that another team's offer for Luongo is better, then so be it.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:43 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Some of the prices being thrown out by Leafs fans for Luongo here are crazy.... Toronto's not going to part with core pieces for a 33 year old goaltender. One thing about Brian Burke, he's as stubborn as they come, and he's the type that would rather go with the players who's tires he's been pumping then make such a drastic move.
I think most Canuck fans are hoping for the best but are also prepared for not so much.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:44 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
I read recently that when discussion was happening about Luongo, Bozak was a major piece the Canucks were interested in. For the most part the above offers are rediculous and would make the Leafs worse not better. Kuleman really cannot be spared and as pointed out previously the Canucks can only take so many roster players. So here is a compromise offer.

Luongo

for

Bozak
Kadri
Blacker
2nd

I really don't see the Canucks getting much more from us. Sorry but I don't see us trading our First. It looks like the only way we are getting our first line center is to draft him.
So, a centre who is very good defensively, a very good prospect in Nazem Kadri, another good prospect in Jesse Blacker, and a second round pick for Roberto Luongo?

Not happening. Take out Tyler Bozak and Nazem Kadri, and that's as much as I can see Brian Burke willing to part with for Roberto.

Luongo is not the answer to the Leafs' problems.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:45 PM
The Saurus

Quote:

Remember, this is a guy who could've had a 26-year old Mike Richards for Kulemin & Kadri, a player who embodies basically everything he was boasting about -- truculence, beligerence, pugnacity, leadership, and who also happened to fill the glaring hole at #1C. He turned it down.

If an unwillingness to part with core pieces means that another team's offer for Luongo is better, then so be it.
Great post. I agree.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:47 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:

For the record Brian Burke never turned down that deal. After Paul Holmgren made the offer Burke told him he would talk it over with his staff. While he was doing that Philadelphia made the trade with Los Angeles, so Burke never got a chance to say yes or no.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Suit yourselves. It all comes down to whether Burke is in the camp of Leafs fans who want to start competing now by filling the most glaring hole on the roster, or those that want to bide their time and hope Lupul, Kessel, and Phaneuf don't wear out their patience wasting their prime years on a rebuilding team.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:

he also is the guy who gave up 2 1sts and a 2nd for an un-signed Kessel (who at the time was having major contract signing issues and was known to be on the block for it) when his team was in much worse shape (playoff contention wise) than it is now.

So based on his history since your going off one example that has been said to be half un-true as he never got the chance to accept or decline it, I'm guessing it should be pretty easy getting a 1st in return for Lou

Old
11-11-2012, 09:49 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
So, a centre who is very good defensively, a very good prospect in Nazem Kadri, another good prospect in Jesse Blacker, and a second round pick for Roberto Luongo?

Not happening. Take out Tyler Bozak and Nazem Kadri, and that's as much as I can see Brian Burke willing to part with for Roberto.

Blacker and a 2nd ? I'm sorry but that doesnt seem realistic at all.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:

And that won't get him.

If you believe the bolded & are SO adamant about not wanting Luongo I must ask why you consistently still come here? You don't need to constantly tell us that you don't want him, once is surely enough!

We get it you don't want him & you don't think he will help your team. If all you're doing is coming here & calling him down all you are really doing is making it harder for the Leaf fans that DO want him to have a decent conversation with Canuck fans.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Kass Effect

vCash: 358
Quote:
The negative value of Roberto Luongo would be offset by Ryan Kesler, allowing the Canucks get great value in return for both players.
Luongo has negative value? What a joke. You obviously don't like the Canucks, so much that its clouding your judgement.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:52 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

The one thing we all need to remember is Luongo controls where he wants to play with his no trade. He said to the media his first choice if he is traded is to play with the Panthers, so if Tallon and Gillis can come to an agreement then he's going there.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
Luongo has negative value? What a joke. You obviously don't like the Canucks, so much that its clouding your judgement.
no no shhh we can take Bozak and a 2nd for Lou since we're offsetting it with Komi and 2 1sts for Ballard and then Connolly/Lombardi and a 1st for Malhotra!!

Old
11-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
I read recently that when discussion was happening about Luongo, Bozak was a major piece the Canucks were interested in. For the most part the above offers are rediculous and would make the Leafs worse not better. Kuleman really cannot be spared and as pointed out previously the Canucks can only take so many roster players. So here is a compromise offer.

Luongo

for

Bozak
Kadri
Blacker
2nd

I really don't see the Canucks getting much more from us. Sorry but I don't see us trading our First. It looks like the only way we are getting our first line center is to draft him.
I think both sides are happy with this general return.

My only issue is I would prefer a prospect like Biggs to Blacker.

But really anyone who is turned off by something like that is a leafs homer (saying too much) or a Canucks homer (its not gardiner!!)

Old
11-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Luongo
Raymond
Sauve

For

Lupul
Bozak
Kadri
Colbourne
Blacker
3rd

Old
11-11-2012, 09:57 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Don't hate the above proposal

oh and lol at the guy that says Luongo has negative value

Old
11-11-2012, 09:58 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
The one thing we all need to remember is Luongo controls where he wants to play with his no trade. He said to the media his first choice if he is traded is to play with the Panthers, so if Tallon and Gillis can come to an agreement then he's going there.
Yes but the Panthers are already decent in goal, I don't see that Contract working in that market. Luongo also said he did not want to close all the doors. It's a tricky situation because Toronto is a stressful market so its hard to say if he is open to coming here or not. He would earn a lot more money here because of endorsements and if he got us to the playoffs would become a demi-god, but he may feel he has nothing left to prove. If I was him, at his age and no cup yet, I would want to go to the best team possible. Niether Toronto or Florida is winning a Championship any time soon .

Old
11-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post

But really anyone who is turned off by something like that is a leafs homer (saying too much) or a Canucks homer (its not gardiner!!)
i'm not a fan of the deal. Not high on Kadri, and the rest are B level prospects, plus no 1st. If the 2nd was a 2014 1st I'd be in, u can change Kadri to Colborne since I know Leafs fans would prefer that as would I as a Nucks fan

Going on history of any big name players traded, there has always either been a big name player going back or a 1st round pick so one or the other will be happening

Old
11-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post

Meh. Luongo's value has been diluted over too many pieces with low ceilings. I've kind of come around to the fact that the Leafs can afford to give up a top-6 forward(not Macarthur) in a Luongo deal. Lupul + Bozak + 1st conditional on playoffs or it becomes a 2nd fits our needs admirably, and isn't breaking the bank from the Leafs perspective.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:07 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Meh. Luongo's value has been diluted over too many pieces with low ceilings. I've kind of come around to the fact that the Leafs can afford to give up a top-6 forward(not Macarthur) in a Luongo deal. Lupul + Bozak + 1st conditional on playoffs or it becomes a 2nd fits our needs admirably, and isn't breaking the bank from the Leafs perspective.
Lupul might be second best forward, don't see him being traded.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:

Advanced stats would disagree with Bozak being "very good defensively".
Kadri is a very good prospect with quite a few ?'s atm
Blacker is a good prospect (depending on your definition of good)
And a 2nd is a 2nd.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:10 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Ya, lets trade our arguably best player from the past season for a guy who's contract is an albatross, who's lost the #1 spot in Vancouver, and also has a NTC that hinders his GM's ability to deal him in the 1st place. Oh ya, and lets add in Bozak and a 1st. Makes sense...

Old
11-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Lupul might be second best forward, don't see him being traded.
You just acquired JVR, plus it would be a very Burke-ish move to sell high. He's also an upcoming UFA, and if Burke thinks he'll walk to play for a contender...

Old
11-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Ya, lets trade our arguably best player from the past season for a guy who's contract is an albatross, who's lost the #1 spot in Vancouver, and also has a NTC that hinders his GM's ability to deal him in the 1st place. Oh ya, and lets add in Bozak and a 1st. Makes sense...
Yeah, let's trade our 3-times Vezina nominated goalie signed to a cheap cap hit coming off of a great season for two pending UFAs, both of whom are bad defensively, and one of whom is injury prone, and a pick. Makes sense.

Anything can be made to sound like that.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
You just acquired JVR, plus it would be a very Burke-ish move to sell high. He's also an upcoming UFA, and if Burke thinks he'll walk to play for a contender...
Why would he walk? He just had his best season. Top line minutes are his to burn. He seems to like the limelight in TO as well.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:20 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Yeah, let's trade our 3-times Vezina nominated goalie signed to a cheap cap hit coming off of a great season for two pending UFAs, both of whom are bad defensively, and one of whom is injury prone, and a pick. Makes sense.

Anything can be made to sound like that.
Umm you clearly are forgetting all the pertinent facts when it comes to Lu and his current status.

1) Contract til 43
2) Lost job due to inconsistent play
3) NTC which limits GM MG's ability to deal him.

You guys keep forgetting those very real facts.

Closed Thread