HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Should Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole line be broken up for scoring depth?

View Poll Results: Should Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole be broken up?
Yes 43 43.00%
No 57 57.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2012, 09:41 PM
  #26
HatTricK09
(╯□)╯︵ uǝıɹɹǝɥʇ
 
HatTricK09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,130
vCash: 1801
Keep Pacioretty-DD-Cole line
With Gionta coming back, we should have a Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta line
Most forgets that Gionta was was out for half of the season and we can usually count on him to put up 20-30 goals.
Bourque can put up 20-30 goals as well if we can get him to work.

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:58 PM
  #27
Rutabaga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Country: France
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Bourque and Plekanec shouldnt play together.
Plekanec is suited to play a shutdown role, which is absolutely not the strongest part of Bourque's game.
Gionta is also a question mark at this stage, and at 33, he shouldnt be relied on either, regarding the most difficult matchups. And since the only other options (for wingers) are Pacioretty and Cole, you have no choice but to split them up.

Having a good exploitation line is fine and cool, but when you dont have any true trio ready to matchup against the best players of the opponent, its one step forwards and two step backs.

There is a lot of good reasons if none of the teams are using such a setup when they're short on good wingers.

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:02 PM
  #28
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,207
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
The flip side of Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole is that we ended up with White-Plekanec-Staubitz as the second line.
y u hate toughness?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:02 PM
  #29
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 5,860
vCash: 500
For the first game, when everyone's healthy, I expect either or both of Armstrong and Prust to be on Plekanec's line. You need shutdown ability on that line, which at least Prust has.

Armstrong-Plekanec-Prust
Moen-Plekanec-Prust
Gionta-Plekanec-Prust
White-Plekanec-Prust
White-Plekanec-Moen

Are legitimate possibilities. Keeping the DD-Pac-Cole line together, which I think Therrien will go for, means putting Plekanec into a defensive role.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:04 PM
  #30
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 5,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
y u hate toughness?
I know you're joking, but I liked having Staubitz on the team and I wanted him to come back, to play on the 3rd and 4th line for 40-60 games/year. He did a great job last year.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:14 PM
  #31
HatTricK09
(╯□)╯︵ uǝıɹɹǝɥʇ
 
HatTricK09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,130
vCash: 1801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
Bourque and Plekanec shouldnt play together.
Plekanec is suited to play a shutdown role, which is absolutely not the strongest part of Bourque's game.
Gionta is also a question mark at this stage, and at 33, he shouldnt be relied on either, regarding the most difficult matchups. And since the only other options (for wingers) are Pacioretty and Cole, you have no choice but to split them up.

Having a good exploitation line is fine and cool, but when you dont have any true trio ready to matchup against the best players of the opponent, its one step forwards and two step backs.

There is a lot of good reasons if none of the teams are using such a setup when they're short on good wingers.
Plekanec was able to put up 50 points by playing with different 3rd-4th line wingers last year. His offensive ability shouldn't be wasted like that. Sure he should still play a shutdown role, but only in crucial moments such as preserving a 1 goal lead, playing on the PK and such.
We have plenty other players in the team that can do a good job shutting down top lines in the meanwhile. Maybe not as good as Plekanec can, but we need him to play as a 2-way center, not as a defensive center.
Gionta may be 33 years old, but he's still got a few years of hockey left in him.

Pacioretty-DD-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Eller-Prust

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
  #32
Hank Scorpio
Registered User
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 465
vCash: 500
Keep them together and hope Gionta/Pleks can get Bourque going. If not, try Armstrong. I know Eller is a possibility too but I'm hoping him on a line of Prust/Moen/Armstrong will be able to open up Pleks line for more offensive opportunities by taking some of the tougher defensive ones.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:41 PM
  #33
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,207
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I know you're joking, but I liked having Staubitz on the team and I wanted him to come back, to play on the 3rd and 4th line for 40-60 games/year. He did a great job last year.
me too :shrug:

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:47 PM
  #34
FreakyFish
Registered User
 
FreakyFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Why not Bourque-Eller-Gionta and Plekanec on third line?

FreakyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:34 PM
  #35
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
For the first game, when everyone's healthy, I expect either or both of Armstrong and Prust to be on Plekanec's line. You need shutdown ability on that line, which at least Prust has.

Armstrong-Plekanec-Prust
Moen-Plekanec-Prust
Gionta-Plekanec-Prust
White-Plekanec-Prust
White-Plekanec-Moen

Are legitimate possibilities. Keeping the DD-Pac-Cole line together, which I think Therrien will go for, means putting Plekanec into a defensive role.
Those are horrible lines, and a huge waste of Plekanec's offensive skills.
This guy is turning it up in the Czech league playing with Jagr, now he'd come back and be paired with two grinders (except for the Gionta one) in order to form a shutdown line?? That's absolutely retarded.

I think different lines must be tried during training camp in order to maximize our offensive capabilities. If that means breaking those guys up, so be it.
We had this one line last year, they lead us to the last place in the East, 28th in the NHL. Our offensive depth did not improve, so might as well mix it up and see what gives.
You can reunite them on the PP.

But if Plekanec, at the beginning of the year, with a healthy roster, is used as a defensive center next to guys like Moen, Prust, Armstrong or White, I will stop watching after 3 games.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:35 PM
  #36
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyFish View Post
Why not Bourque-Eller-Gionta and Plekanec on third line?
Here's a crazy reason why, because Plekanec is our best center.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:42 PM
  #37
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 5,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Those are horrible lines, and a huge waste of Plekanec's offensive skills.
This guy is turning it up in the Czech league playing with Jagr, now he'd come back and be paired with two grinders (except for the Gionta one) in order to form a shutdown line?? That's absolutely retarded.

I think different lines must be tried during training camp in order to maximize our offensive capabilities. If that means breaking those guys up, so be it.
We had this one line last year, they lead us to the last place in the East, 28th in the NHL. Our offensive depth did not improve, so might as well mix it up and see what gives.
You can reunite them on the PP.

But if Plekanec, at the beginning of the year, with a healthy roster, is used as a defensive center next to guys like Moen, Prust, Armstrong or White, I will stop watching after 3 games.
I agree with your analysis, however, if:

- Put our two best offensive wingers with Desharnais
- Put our two offensive wingers who provide the most size with Desharnais
- Gives 3 minutes of power play time a game to the Desharnais line
- Give the most offensive zone starts to the Desharnais line
- Give the dzone and center zone starts against weaker opposition to the Desharnais line

Which is what this thread is about, that's the question of this thread, should we repeat that same experiment as last year as described in the five points above?

Then it logically follows we'll have Plekanec and Eller in shutdown roles with limited offensive opportunities.

Overall I agree with you. I don't think the opportunity cost of the Pac-DD-Cole line is worth it. For it to be worth it, Desharnais would need to be an ~100 point center like other centers who get the same privileges (e.g. Henrik Sedin, Evgeni Malkin), not a 60 point center. A first line of Pac-DD-Cole necessitates a second line of Prust-Plekanec-Moen or something like that, which leads to 28th place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Here's a crazy reason why, because Plekanec is our best center.
I agree with you, but I think that large swaths of the board believe that Desharnais has superior offensive abilities.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:43 PM
  #38
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Those are horrible lines, and a huge waste of Plekanec's offensive skills.
This guy is turning it up in the Czech league playing with Jagr, now he'd come back and be paired with two grinders (except for the Gionta one) in order to form a shutdown line?? That's absolutely retarded.

I think different lines must be tried during training camp in order to maximize our offensive capabilities. If that means breaking those guys up, so be it.
We had this one line last year, they lead us to the last place in the East, 28th in the NHL. Our offensive depth did not improve, so might as well mix it up and see what gives.
You can reunite them on the PP.

But if Plekanec, at the beginning of the year, with a healthy roster, is used as a defensive center next to guys like Moen, Prust, Armstrong or White, I will stop watching after 3 games.
What led us to 28th last year wasn't the fact that nobody aside DD, Plek, Cole and Pacioretty produced. It was the fact that nobody on D was where they should have been on a regular depth chart, and the fact that we lost possibly EVERY game we could possibly have lost, as opposed to go something closer to 50-50.

Plekanec shouldn't be used in pure defensive fashion, but his teammates will depend on who will be healthy. If Bourque isn't healthy, then obviously one of the guys you mentionned will end up playing with Plekanec. I believe that if Bourque AND Gionta are out, then the lines could probably be split, with Armstrong and Cole playing with Plekanec, and Pacioretty and somebody else (I tend to favor Leblanc here) playing with Desharnais.

And lighting up the CEL is kindof irrelevant.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:45 PM
  #39
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I agree with your analysis, however, if:

- Put our two best offensive wingers with Desharnais
- Put our two offensive wingers who provide the most size with Desharnais
- Gives 3 minutes of power play time a game to the Desharnais line
- Give the most offensive zone starts to the Desharnais line
- Give the dzone and center zone starts against weaker opposition to the Desharnais line

Which is what this thread is about, that's the question of this thread, should we repeat that same experiment as last year as described in the five points above?

Then it logically follows we'll have Plekanec and Eller in shutdown roles with limited offensive opportunities.

Overall I agree with you. I don't think the opportunity cost of the Pac-DD-Cole line is worth it. For it to be worth it, Desharnais would need to be an ~100 point center like other centers who get the same privileges (e.g. Henrik Sedin, Evgeni Malkin), not a 60 point center. A first line of Pac-DD-Cole necessitates a second line of Prust-Plekanec-Moen or something like that, which leads to 28th place.


I agree with you, but I think that large swaths of the board believe that Desharnais has superior offensive abilities.
To be fair, Cole-DD-Pac played together something like 50 games last season.

Cole-DD-Pac will remain together. At least to begin an eventual season. Breaking them up BEFORE the beginning of the season makes no sense whatsoever.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:04 AM
  #40
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
What led us to 28th last year wasn't the fact that nobody aside DD, Plek, Cole and Pacioretty produced. It was the fact that nobody on D was where they should have been on a regular depth chart, and the fact that we lost possibly EVERY game we could possibly have lost, as opposed to go something closer to 50-50.

Plekanec shouldn't be used in pure defensive fashion, but his teammates will depend on who will be healthy. If Bourque isn't healthy, then obviously one of the guys you mentionned will end up playing with Plekanec. I believe that if Bourque AND Gionta are out, then the lines could probably be split, with Armstrong and Cole playing with Plekanec, and Pacioretty and somebody else (I tend to favor Leblanc here) playing with Desharnais.

And lighting up the CEL is kindof irrelevant.
For some reason people think DD has moved ahead of Plekanec in the depth chart because of one of the worst coaches we've had in a very, very long time.
Plekanec is our best center. You don't give him whoever is left. He's the one that will lead your offense and he can handle doing so versus top opposition.

There's many reason as to why we finished 28th last year. But the point was that even with this line clicking on all cylinders, we couldn't go anywhere, so what's the point of keeping it together???
I don't care if that DD line looks good, if we don't win and the rest of our offense has trouble producing (like last year), then might as well split them up and try new combinations.
Those combinations should be tried at camp.


As for the CEL, it is absolutely relevant. Plekanec would go from playing with one of the best player to ever play, burning it up together, to pair up with Moen and Prust, while watching a sophomore player who's less talented and unproven get to play with our two best wingers who also happen to be our two Power Forwards. Just how happy do you think that would make him??? Plekanec is such a great team guy, he's never complained about all this crap and always embraced whatever role he was asked to fill. But there's a limit, and it would be a huge waste of his talent. If that's the plan they have for Plekanec, might as well trade him.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:08 AM
  #41
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 5,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
For some reason people think DD has moved ahead of Plekanec in the depth chart because of one of the worst coaches we've had in a very, very long time.
Plekanec is our best center. You don't give him whoever is left. He's the one that will lead your offense and he can handle doing so versus top opposition.

There's many reason as to why we finished 28th last year. But the point was that even with this line clicking on all cylinders, we couldn't go anywhere, so what's the point of keeping it together???
I don't care if that DD line looks good, if we don't win and the rest of our offense has trouble producing (like last year), then might as well split them up and try new combinations.
Those combinations should be tried at camp.


As for the CEL, it is absolutely relevant. Plekanec would go from playing with one of the best player to ever play, burning it up together, to pair up with Moen and Prust, while watching a sophomore player who's less talented and unproven get to play with our two best wingers who also happen to be our two Power Forwards. Just how happy do you think that would make him??? Plekanec is such a great team guy, he's never complained about all this crap and always embraced whatever role he was asked to fill. But there's a limit, and it would be a huge waste of his talent. If that's the plan they have for Plekanec, might as well trade him.
Could you give a sketch of how you would construct the lines, and how you would apportion responsibilities, such as ozone starts, dzone starts, PP time, starts against weaker opposition, starts against strong opposition, etc.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:43 AM
  #42
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
For some reason people think DD has moved ahead of Plekanec in the depth chart because of one of the worst coaches we've had in a very, very long time.
Plekanec is our best center. You don't give him whoever is left. He's the one that will lead your offense and he can handle doing so versus top opposition.

There's many reason as to why we finished 28th last year. But the point was that even with this line clicking on all cylinders, we couldn't go anywhere, so what's the point of keeping it together???
I don't care if that DD line looks good, if we don't win and the rest of our offense has trouble producing (like last year), then might as well split them up and try new combinations.
Those combinations should be tried at camp.


As for the CEL, it is absolutely relevant. Plekanec would go from playing with one of the best player to ever play, burning it up together, to pair up with Moen and Prust, while watching a sophomore player who's less talented and unproven get to play with our two best wingers who also happen to be our two Power Forwards. Just how happy do you think that would make him??? Plekanec is such a great team guy, he's never complained about all this crap and always embraced whatever role he was asked to fill. But there's a limit, and it would be a huge waste of his talent. If that's the plan they have for Plekanec, might as well trade him.
That's the thing...

- You claim Plekanec to be the most talented.
- You want to "balance" scoring lines.
- Yet you want the guy you call "the most talented" to play with our most talented wingers.

Something does not compute.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:32 AM
  #43
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
That's the thing...

- You claim Plekanec to be the most talented.
- You want to "balance" scoring lines.
- Yet you want the guy you call "the most talented" to play with our most talented wingers.

Something does not compute.
Good catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyFish
Why not Bourque-Eller-Gionta and Plekanec on third line?
Plekanec might play on the third line one day but hopefully that day is a couple years down the road. Currently Plekanec is by far the most complete player on our team, his capacity to adapt and play at a high level in various circumstances make it necessary for him to play on the top6.

I think next season should be used to properly evaluate what we have in hand and the next year we acquire more scoring depth if necessary so we can have more scoring options. Adjustments can be made in-season, as we all know lines are not set in stone and can be changed at whim so its a bit pointless to argue over it like it were a life or death issue. Its just better to start the season with at least one line that we know has chemistry and start from there.

One thing tho - that line might need to be split on the powerplay.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:30 AM
  #44
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,734
vCash: 500
There are many assumptions you make for your question to be valid.

The most obvious being: you assume the 2.5 line will be as productive as last year right off the bench. It's certainly not impossible, but I certainly don't expect Cole to be as effective, for one. If the line ain't as effective, your question is moot.

Second assumption is forgetting the injuries that plagues our forwards last year. Including head injury in Cammalleri's case. Well start the season with healthy Gionta and Bourque, so it's not unexpected to have additional winger depth than last year, which makes your question obsolete.

I don't think having our scoring contentedness in a single line was that bad of a thing; our losing deficiencies came from elsewhere. Had we had a more experienced and less injury ridden defensive, swap Campoli with Hamrlik, and we would have been far from last place.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:17 AM
  #45
The Right Price
Registered User
 
The Right Price's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Iceland
Posts: 1,073
vCash: 500
As long as they play like last year than no! It is better to go forward with a known quantity than an unknown one (new lines) and find other solutions instead.

X-Plekanec-Bourque should be a good defensive line.

X-Eller-Gio for scoring depth?

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:54 AM
  #46
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
That's the thing...

- You claim Plekanec to be the most talented.
- You want to "balance" scoring lines.
- Yet you want the guy you call "the most talented" to play with our most talented wingers.

Something does not compute.
Plekanec is our best center, are you actually disputing this fact?

Yes I want balance within our lines, is this supposed to be bad?

I never said I wanted Plekanec to play with our two best wingers. He deserves one, DD can keep the other. Pretty clear and obvious that's the way to go IMO.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:58 AM
  #47
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Could you give a sketch of how you would construct the lines, and how you would apportion responsibilities, such as ozone starts, dzone starts, PP time, starts against weaker opposition, starts against strong opposition, etc.

With a healthy roster, the lines I would first try out would be:

Plekanec along side Cole/Leblanc. Now, question marks around Leblanc obviously, but he is a two way player and I felt he played pretty well last year with sheltered minutes. It would be interesting to see how he handles the big match ups next to two great two way players.

DD would be with MaxPac and Bourque. The latter one cannot handle top opposition along side Plekanec, not if we base our opinion off last year. I also feel DD's style would compliment him better than Plek's as he likes to distribute the puck more. Bourque needs to open up, he has a nice release, with a center that has a good vision and is a good passer, he'd get more opportunities. I think having MaxPac on the other side as a driving PF force would also relieve some pressure off Bourque from being the big guy that always needs to crash. Only question mark here is who can handle playing off wing.
Give these guys the most o-zone starts, versus 2nd tier opposition.

Eller would get Gionta and Moen as our shutdown line. The reason I put Moen there ahead of Armstrong or Prust is because he's played with Eller last year and did well, but you could try them out to see who fits there best. I also placed Gionta there instead of Leblanc because I feel the latter needs to be next to more offensively skilled players, and the former brings a more proven offensive touch to the third line. If that line proves itself capable of handling tough match ups, then they can split that duty with Plekanec's. as for the starts, it'll depend on how Eller's face off percentage go. If he does well, then they can get the most d-starts.
If Plek's line get the toughest match ups, then this line should be more than capable of providing offense versus weaker opponents. Very similar to the Eller-AK-Moen trio of last season that dominated their opposition more often than not. Eller has bulked up though, am very curious to see how he puts it to use. Gionta and Leblanc can be switched around if Leblanc can't handle the top line duties.

Noke with Armstrong and Prust. These three can also be used as a shutdown line and get D starts if Noke does well in the FO circle. They form a decent trio as an energy line too.

Obvious benchwarmer, Gomez.

For the PP, I don't mind putting DD back with Cole and MaxPac. But many combinations can be tried. Likewise for the PK.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:58 AM
  #48
AmeriHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Move Eller to 1st between pac and cole, he'll be successful, breakout, and eventually can take over 2nd line duties once galchenyuk is ready.

Pac-Eller-Cole
Bourque-Pleks-Gionta
Moen-DD-Prust

DD is creative and will get the 3rd line scoring, we have a shut down 2nd with offensive ability and the 1st is a big power forward line

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:06 AM
  #49
canadiensnation
The Drive for 25.
 
canadiensnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
We have a new coach so we should wait and see what his system is like and what he wants.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:07 AM
  #50
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,214
vCash: 500
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Desharnais - Cole
Armstrong - Eller - Leblanc
Prust - White - Moen

- This gives Plekanec 2 legit wingers to play with and they can play against any line
- Bourque won't have to play against top lines and if Desharnais can get him going offensively it'll show how good Desharnais really is
- Third line would be very solid defensive line that could chip in with some points
- Fourth line would provide tons of energy and Prust/Moen would see big minutes on penalty kill

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.