HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Football NFL, NCAA, CFL

NFL.com says Bears No. 1 Super Bowl contenders

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-09-2012, 04:30 PM
  #26
MurrayBannerman
The Portents
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHI
Country: United States
Posts: 27,212
vCash: 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
All I have the say is Trent Dilfer. Perhaps Tony Eason.
Doug Williams?

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 04:40 PM
  #27
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,267
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
All I have the say is Trent Dilfer. Perhaps Tony Eason.
I didn't say they couldn't win.. I'm just saying that teams with top QBs generally are favored as more legitimate contenders.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 04:59 PM
  #28
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 34,730
vCash: 5113
I love the Bears and our chance, but hell no.... we're not close to being #1 contenders right now. #1 defense I can buy, #1 special teams might be a stretch but I could see the argument made, but our offense has a way's to go to make sure that we average out at #1.

If the Bears play at 100%, then I do think we can win the Super Bowl. If we trip though, then we could tumble mighty far.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 04:59 PM
  #29
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius
 
The Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,743
vCash: 500
Seahawks all da way

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 07:57 PM
  #30
heutZe
Registered User
 
heutZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
Personally, I think that Cutler gets badly underrated because he's such a sullen jerk to fans and the media. He's a solid QB.
Agreed. And I don't think he's such a jerk either, it's just how the media paints it. You see Brady doing the same thing, then it is "passion" and "leadership", not "whining" and "immaturity", you're seeing the same thing happening to Cam Newton right now. Yeah, Cutler comes of as kind of sulky, but so does Eli Manning.

Cutler is a solid quarterback. People say he crumbles under pressure.. He's ALWAYS under pressure! He's actually quite clutch. I believe he has 17 4th quarter comebacks or something. The only but, and it's a big but, is that he has bad mechanics, which leads to inconsistency and some inaccurate throws. Otherwise, he has a great arm, he's mobile and also very smart.

In his last three years he's 25-10 as a starter, including playoffs. To say that he's the reason the Bears won't win is ridiculous. Refresh my memory, how did they fare without him last year?

heutZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 08:31 PM
  #31
King Woodballs
**** HFJets
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,152
vCash: 375
Call me when they beat a contender. (Like Houston this week)
Then I can buy into them more

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 09:02 PM
  #32
BGDDYKWL
Registered User
 
BGDDYKWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
NFL.com is mistaken. Several teams I'd put ahead of the Bears right now. The Texans and the Falcons for sure. I'd also put the Pats, Packers, Niners, Giants, and Broncos in the mix. They (and NFL.com) get a little reality check this weekend.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 08:01 AM
  #33
KH1
Registered User
 
KH1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Under the cap floor
Country: United States
Posts: 16,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heutZe View Post
Agreed. And I don't think he's such a jerk either, it's just how the media paints it. You see Brady doing the same thing, then it is "passion" and "leadership", not "whining" and "immaturity", you're seeing the same thing happening to Cam Newton right now. Yeah, Cutler comes of as kind of sulky, but so does Eli Manning.

Cutler is a solid quarterback. People say he crumbles under pressure.. He's ALWAYS under pressure! He's actually quite clutch. I believe he has 17 4th quarter comebacks or something. The only but, and it's a big but, is that he has bad mechanics, which leads to inconsistency and some inaccurate throws. Otherwise, he has a great arm, he's mobile and also very smart.

In his last three years he's 25-10 as a starter, including playoffs. To say that he's the reason the Bears won't win is ridiculous. Refresh my memory, how did they fare without him last year?
I dunno about your first point -- you'd never see Brady or Manning show up a teammate on the field like Cutler did to J'Marcus Webb.

Other than that, I agree. Many members of the media go out of their way to rip on Cutler because he's standoffish with them -- which makes their job more difficult -- and it's an easy narrative. But some of the criticism is just way out of hand (the best example being when some questioned Cutler's toughness when he left the NFC Championship game, before we later learned he was playing on a torn MCL.)

Put it this way: my favorite team has a QB named Tebow who is by all accounts one of the nicest people and greatest teammates in sports. I'd trade him for Cutler the jerk 100 times out of 100.

KH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 10:16 AM
  #34
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
NFL.com is mistaken. Several teams I'd put ahead of the Bears right now. The Texans and the Falcons for sure. I'd also put the Pats, Packers, Niners, Giants, and Broncos in the mix. They (and NFL.com) get a little reality check this weekend.
Well, the Falcons have only played one team with a record over .500, and that was when the Bronco's were in a transition. The Texans have had just as soft a schedule as the Bears whose only big "win" came against a Ravens team without Ray Lewis, and were beaten by the Packers.

I have to put the Bears as the front runners for the Super Bowl. The defense is the best in the league by far and the offense is very under rated considering Cutler has no line to protect him. This team makes plays when they have to and can beat you in more ways then any other team in the league. This team reminds me of 1985 without one of the best offensive lines in front of the QB.

I wouldnt be suprised if they put out a remix to the Super Bowl Shuffle in the next couple weeks, they are that good.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 11:19 AM
  #35
Gootie
Thug of the Year
 
Gootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chiraq
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
I dunno about your first point -- you'd never see Brady or Manning show up a teammate on the field like Cutler did to J'Marcus Webb.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_-Ly...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMKWSNnCW-c

I can't find a video of Rodgers yelling at Jones in the same game as the Cutler Webb incident, but everyone claims that was great leadership by Rodgers. It's a joke.

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 01:24 PM
  #36
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 17,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
Personally, I think that Cutler gets badly underrated because he's such a sullen jerk to fans and the media. He's a solid QB.
Agreed, he's an ahole but still a solid QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGRYK21 View Post
The Bears are a great team, but they haven't beat anyone great yet this year, the best team they beat was the 6-3 Colts. The record of the teams they beat combined is 21-37. Don't get me wrong they're great and they're certainly contenders, but the next 3 weeks will be interesting for sure against the Texans, 49ers, and Vikings. We'll see where they are then.
You can say that about most of the top teams.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:24 PM
  #37
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 23,704
vCash: 500
I'd rank both Houston and SF's d's ahead of Chicago in overall defense.

Chicago obviously has the best takeaway defense, I just don't see them sustaining their current pace as their competition gets better.

Clowe Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 09:58 AM
  #38
heutZe
Registered User
 
heutZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_-Ly...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMKWSNnCW-c

I can't find a video of Rodgers yelling at Jones in the same game as the Cutler Webb incident, but everyone claims that was great leadership by Rodgers. It's a joke.
that's my point. When Cutler yells at his linemen or coaches it is "immaturity" and "lack of leadership" while if Brady, Rodgers or Manning does it, it is defined as the complete opposite.

heutZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:02 AM
  #39
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 119,640
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
I dunno about your first point -- you'd never see Brady or Manning show up a teammate on the field like Cutler did to J'Marcus Webb.
.


And this game was before he won anything ,,, So the he won a SB argument is not gonna fly here

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:26 AM
  #40
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 115,744
vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post


And this game was before he won anything ,,, So the he won a SB argument is not gonna fly here
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0510170clt.htm

It worked at least. 31 unanswered

__________________
Philadelphia's Real Alternative
(ynotradio.net)

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:49 AM
  #41
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 119,640
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Bears are 6-0 since Cutler hurt Webb's feelings

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:35 PM
  #42
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 119,640
vCash: 302
Bears have a hell of a D ,, SB Quality

Bears have a offense that wouldn't succeed in high school football

Bears got tested and failed on national stage ,, Also now have Cutler hurt and offense that again proved it cant do anything

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.