HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are you happy with the move to Brooklyn?

View Poll Results: Are you happy with the Isles moving to Brooklyn
Yes 196 88.29%
No 26 11.71%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-26-2012, 06:30 PM
  #101
nickp91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
I love the NY Islanders move to Brooklyn Better than Kansas City Quebec or Seattle

nickp91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 09:51 PM
  #102
ferro39
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp91 View Post
I love the NY Islanders move to Brooklyn Better than Kansas City Quebec or Seattle

mos def

but way worse than staying on long island

ferro39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
  #103
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,828
vCash: 500
''Charles' main goal was to keep the team local, and he succeeded in doing that. As much as people may be upset because it's not going to be in Nassau County they should be happy because he kept the team in New York.''

- Mike Bossy


From a good article -

http://m.yahoo.com/w/sports/nhl/news...tl=US&.lang=en

I pity the fool that disagrees with THE BOSS. THE MAN.

To date, there are 24 fools.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:49 PM
  #104
Isles Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
''Charles' main goal was to keep the team local, and he succeeded in doing that. As much as people may be upset because it's not going to be in Nassau County they should be happy because he kept the team in New York.''

- Mike Bossy


From a good article -

http://m.yahoo.com/w/sports/nhl/news...tl=US&.lang=en

I pity the fool that disagrees with THE BOSS. THE MAN.

To date, there are 24 fools.
I love when poeple do this.

Wang signs Bossy's paycheck, the Isles are the organization he works for. Do you really think he'd say something negative? Because it's a smart move to publicly disagree with the organization that you work for.

Somtimes I wonder........

Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:04 PM
  #105
Yitz
Registered User
 
Yitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 859
vCash: 500
Long Islanders can't be mad about the move. Nassau had its chance to keep the team local and the people said no. This is Brooklyn's team now and that makes me more hopeful for our future than drafting Tavares did.

Yitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 04:15 PM
  #106
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Fan View Post
I love when poeple do this.

Wang signs Bossy's paycheck, the Isles are the organization he works for. Do you really think he'd say something negative? Because it's a smart move to publicly disagree with the organization that you work for.

Somtimes I wonder........
I guess Potvin must be on Wang's payroll too.


Denis Potvin has no problems with the New York Islanders moving to Brooklyn.

"I hope it works out for them. I wouldn't mind seeing this franchise have a fresh start," Potvin told Brady & Lang...... things have to move on. Nassau County has never helped out the Islanders. They kept rejecting proposal after proposal for new arenas. Charles Wang and the team had to make a decision and this is where we are." Potvin understands why Wang and the Islanders had to make the decision.



http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...ture_brooklyn/


Bossy can speak his mind regardless of who pays him.

Point is, most realize what a great move it is and are happy. Then there are the fools................

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 02:16 AM
  #107
misha1976
Registered User
 
misha1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Delhi, India
Posts: 147
vCash: 500
Hope you don't mind a non Islander fan popping by.... I'm glad that the team has found a location in a place that doesn't require a whole jettisoning of the Islander identity. I grew up watching hockey in the 80s when you guys dominated. Since then Islanders have always been a favourite. And as a Candian, other 'troubled' US franchises move up here... why not. Islanders. No.

Hope it works out in Brooklyn.


Last edited by misha1976: 11-09-2012 at 02:23 AM.
misha1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 12:35 PM
  #108
Noreaster96
Registered User
 
Noreaster96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferro39 View Post
mos def

but way worse than staying on long island
Brooklyn is part of Long Island...

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 02:53 PM
  #109
Islanderfan17
Registered User
 
Islanderfan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1976 View Post
Hope you don't mind a non Islander fan popping by.... I'm glad that the team has found a location in a place that doesn't require a whole jettisoning of the Islander identity. I grew up watching hockey in the 80s when you guys dominated. Since then Islanders have always been a favourite. And as a Candian, other 'troubled' US franchises move up here... why not. Islanders. No.

Hope it works out in Brooklyn.
Appreciate it, always nice to see that some people still respect the history the Islanders have. I'm really happy with the move, it was time to turn a chapter and move on very clearly. Nassau would have been great, but the organization and the fans can't hold on any longer to something that has been a curse for a long time now. I'm excited for a fresh start in Brooklyn and at least having the security that my team is going nowhere. Sucking AND having to fear your team moving was the worst combination, at least now we can potentially suck and not have to worry about going anywhere

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 11:37 PM
  #110
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
stoked about it. will be bar hopping, then going to games. when they lose, ill go to the turkeys nest and be reminded it could be worse.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:45 AM
  #111
Bert Marshall days
Registered User
 
Bert Marshall days's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferro39 View Post
mos def

but way worse than staying on long island
More revenue, being relevant, being covered by NYC media, better attendance on weekdays, mass transit, a chance to compete, a chance to be on NBC, a chance to be in Winter Classic, guaranteeing they stay in NY....all in Brooklyn.

Yup, that's way worse than staying on "LI".

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:58 AM
  #112
Trumanperro
Registered User
 
Trumanperro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
More revenue, being relevant, being covered by NYC media, better attendance on weekdays, mass transit, a chance to compete, a chance to be on NBC, a chance to be in Winter Classic, guaranteeing they stay in NY....all in Brooklyn.

Yup, that's way worse than staying on "LI".
I know everyone that live out on the island are bummed, but it was necessary. I think EVERYONE should be grateful. It sucks taking a 40 min train ride. But it sucks a lot worse watching them play in Las Vegas, KC, Quebec or Seattle.

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.