HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

139:12 And Counting, The Barons Couldn't Score in a Brothel With a Fistfull of $100's

Old
11-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
I was just going to post the same thing - and one of the three PP goals on Friday was a 5 on 3.
So the Heat managed one even strength goal each night, not so impressive when you look at it that way.

I do see Replacement's point to some extent.
In general the Heat were the more organized team imo, while the Barons frequently looked like a bunch of guys trying to do things on their own.

The announcers said the Heat dressed eight undrafted players in the game last night, while the Barons were playing with probably that many first round picks.
On paper that's a massive mismatch. Maybe there is something to the idea that some of the Barons players would rather not be in the AHL. Who can blame them really.
My comments weren't particularly well expressed.

A large part of my concern emanates from players that can't figure out a lock or NZ trap wherever they see it or encounter it or in the AHL or NHL, against NHL teams or not.

One thing I was most frustrated and disappointed with through the two game set is how much trouble we had with some standard NZ systems and in this case executed by players that shouldn't be giving us this much of a run for our money.

I've shared your notion that the players maybe don't care that much, but I also noted a lot of frustration the players showed at being shutdown.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
My comments weren't particularly well expressed.

A large part of my concern emanates from players that can't figure out a lock or NZ trap wherever they see it or encounter it or in the AHL or NHL, against NHL teams or not.

One thing I was most frustrated and disappointed with through the two game set is how much trouble we had with some standard NZ systems and in this case executed by players that shouldn't be giving us this much of a run for our money.

I've shared your notion that the players maybe don't care that much, but I also noted a lot of frustration the players showed at being shutdown.
On Friday the PK sucked plain and simple. And on Saturday OKC should have had a 3 goal lead going into the 3rd. Overall the score in either game flattered the Heat IMO.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
On Friday the PK sucked plain and simple. And on Saturday OKC should have had a 3 goal lead going into the 3rd. Overall the score in either game flattered the Heat IMO.
If anything I was *****ing as soon as I heard Sherritt was out injured for the Esks playoff game today. That seemingly impacting my comments in this thread.

The game was enjoyable on Saturday. While I was watching it I enjoyed it. But like a date with a hotty you see maybe once a year if anything I was a little down after it.

I think the notion that "this is it, its over, when's the next dose" is more what gets on my nerves.

I don't understand myself sometimes..

Oh well, Walking Dead on soon, hopefully no sports jerseys on walkers.

Old
11-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Tedi

Quote:
If anything I was *****ing as soon as I heard Sherritt was out injured for the Esks playoff game today. That seemingly impacting my comments in this thread.

The game was enjoyable on Saturday. While I was watching it I enjoyed it. But like a date with a hotty you see maybe once a year if anything I was a little down after it.

I think the notion that "this is it, its over, when's the next dose" is more what gets on my nerves.

Mind you Walking Dead always leaves you wanting more too, a guy can't win. And your comments about Lorrie gave me a laugh on the other thread...

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:

If you don't then how in the hell are simpletons like myself supposed to?

11-12-2012, 09:13 AM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
I don't understand myself sometimes.
Good, I'm not the only one.

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
If you don't then how in the hell are simpletons like myself supposed to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Good, I'm not the only one.
heh, I knew that comment would get some airplay. Thats what I get for posting after Eskimos games and while I'm still perplexed and speaking in tongues..

Old
11-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Stoneman89

Quote:
heh, I knew that comment would get some airplay. Thats what I get for posting after Eskimos games and while I'm still perplexed and speaking in tongues..
You sound like you have what it takes to be the Eskies next head coach....

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
You sound like you have what it takes to be the Eskies next head coach....
When watching games I can ever squint, grimace, clench teeth and pace around like Reed. I was thinking about throwing a clipboard.

jk actually.

While watching I was more comfortably numb than anything. More like "whens this over"?

Reed really does have a lot of facial contortions he does though.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:13 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
There is a good chance that they won't all be playing together when the NHL resumes either.
Sorry I should have been more precise.

I think you need at least two players operating at the same level on any forward line. On the Oilers' roster I think Hall can be paired with any of RNH, Eberle, Hemsky, or Yakupov. At the AHL level, I believe you are effectively wasting one of the kids' talents by breaking them up.

A case study of this would be Ales Hemsky's career to date.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
When watching games I can ever squint, grimace, clench teeth and pace around like Reed. I was thinking about throwing a clipboard.

jk actually.

While watching I was more comfortably numb than anything. More like "whens this over"?

Reed really does have a lot of facial contortions he does though.
Personally I think we need to hire a Sean Payton clone. Sme bad ass Ozark mountain born coach that motivates these players like warriors with Al Pacino-like speeches and brash competitive or survival of the fittest decisions.

Reeds just that, a reed on the edge of a pond.

Joseph may have not been my first choice due to his inability to pick up early blitzes but it doesn't help when your own line or backs see it either. Man am I tired of other squads taking free runs and liberties in our back field.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:33 PM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Why does Calgary Puck hate Schultz specifically? I'd understand Vancouver hating him, but Calgary fans?
Because he made it abundantly clear Calgary was never a consideration. Then he signed with the Oilers! So now we hate him. Public enemy #1. Okay #2 (Erixon is #1).

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Because he made it abundantly clear Calgary was never a consideration. Then he signed with the Oilers! So now we hate him. Public enemy #1. Okay #2 (Erixon is #1).
I see, so besides signing with us, he kicked dirt in the face of the Flames? I'm liking him more already!

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
I see, so besides signing with us, he kicked dirt in the face of the Flames? I'm liking him more already!
Fixed =)

Also, http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/..._over_canucks/

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:55 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Personally I think we need to hire a Sean Payton clone. Sme bad ass Ozark mountain born coach that motivates these players like warriors with Al Pacino-like speeches and brash competitive or survival of the fittest decisions.

Reeds just that, a reed on the edge of a pond.

Joseph may have not been my first choice due to his inability to pick up early blitzes but it doesn't help when your own line or backs see it either. Man am I tired of other squads taking free runs and liberties in our back field.
I'm no Esks fan, I'm a Riders fan but you guys really do need an angry coach. Some guy like the coach from Varsity Blues.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
I'm no Esks fan, I'm a Riders fan but you guys really do need an angry coach. Some guy like the coach from Varsity Blues.
Ill admit having my Moms side in Sask and spending all of high school and now currently living there I was cheering for the Riders after the Eskies abysmal offering yesterday. All throughout high school I was an adamant opposition of there's but now having so many closed loved ones that are so loyal to the franchise I can't help but cheer for them when I'm here and they aren't play the Eskies.

Damn, wrong thread. Chamblin called a good game yesterday. Other than the mishap on the final score for the Stamps and the blocked kick which weren't necessarily his fault he should have intervened on Durants poor use of the clock on their final scoring play.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote