HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2012, 04:50 PM
  #526
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
If TJ runs the right route, he ends up in front of that DB and is either in the endzone or on the 1 yard line and we're talking about what a great game Fitzpatrick had and how the offense managed to overcome the defense trying to lose the game.

The defense COULD NOT get off of the field when they needed to, despite not giving up the Gangbusters yards they did in the first Pats game. It's a very common theme this year
The yards were instead ceded in penalties.

I though the run defense looked better...still they give up the big runs at the worst possible time though...

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 05:06 PM
  #527
leeaf83
Registered User
 
leeaf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
I HATE whining about officials. I was a hockey ref for half my life until a car accident ended it for me. But how on earth can anyone say with a straight face that game wasn't fixed and the patriots don't have the officials in their pockets? Those 2 end zone PI calls were literally both 15 feet above ground. Add that to the other 100 or so yards the bills got in penalties and it's a minor miracle the Bills covered the spread. I don't endorse coaches acting like jerks after obvious penalties (ie. Belichick after the blatant roughing the passer) but show SOME emotion Gailey. As mentioned this was just another sunday at foxbro, visiting teams need to stand up for themselves and draw attention to it.


Too bad about the final play, Fitz easily went from hero to goat on one play. Shame because he really did take charge when he needed to, you could count the number of bad plays he made on one hand but sadly the game ended on one. Not too many teams run the ball on the Patriots the way Buffalo did today and the defense held their own.

leeaf83 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 05:25 PM
  #528
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar
 
Taro Tsujimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clarence Center, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,917
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Sadly, that's not against the rules. He's neither the QB nor a defenseless receiver. Ball carriers can be contacted to the head. And guys like Spikes--who was flexing as Jackson was stumbling off the field--aim for it.
Which is a major issue. Headshots shouldn't be allowed under any circumstances, much less have their legality determined by the position the "victim" plays.

Taro Tsujimoto is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 05:26 PM
  #529
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner
 
Tim Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Having a hard time with this loss. Who to put it on that is...

Honestly, we just need to play some D. We play some D and I give us 2 wins.

Tim Murray is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 06:46 PM
  #530
Ralonzo
Я хочу!
 
Ralonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 4,774
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo


Looks like an edited template but I admit it, I lol'd at "onehopfitz@gmail.com"

Ralonzo is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 07:15 PM
  #531
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
If TJ runs the right route, he ends up in front of that DB and is either in the endzone or on the 1 yard line and we're talking about what a great game Fitzpatrick had and how the offense managed to overcome the defense trying to lose the game.

The defense COULD NOT get off of the field when they needed to, despite not giving up the Gangbusters yards they did in the first Pats game. It's a very common theme this year
What? How do you know what route TJ is supposed to run? Did you call the play?

That's a pretty stupid excuse for Fitz. How the play is drawn up in your imagination does not matter. He threw the ball right to the cornerback, Graham never had shot at it.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 07:27 PM
  #532
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,472
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
What? How do you know what route TJ is supposed to run? Did you call the play?

That's a pretty stupid excuse for Fitz. How the play is drawn up in your imagination does not matter. He threw the ball right to the cornerback, Graham never had shot at it.
Because TJ said so?

vcv is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 07:34 PM
  #533
jflory81
Irken Elite
 
jflory81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 20,711
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Anyone blaming this loss on Fitz is completely out to lunch.

Whether or not there was a wrong route run, the reality is that the Bills could not afford to be tackled in the field of play in that situation. Shots had to be taken.

The offense - even taking into account Fred's fumble on the goal line - played well enough to win. The defense did **** all. 0 turnovers for the umpteenth week and a whopping two punts forced. The defense is the problem in Buffalo. Period.

jflory81 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 07:50 PM
  #534
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,485
vCash: 500


8-8

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 08:34 PM
  #535
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Anyone blaming this loss on Fitz is completely out to lunch.

Whether or not there was a wrong route run, the reality is that the Bills could not afford to be tackled in the field of play in that situation. Shots had to be taken.

The offense - even taking into account Fred's fumble on the goal line - played well enough to win. The defense did **** all. 0 turnovers for the umpteenth week and a whopping two punts forced. The defense is the problem in Buffalo. Period.
I disagree. 30 seconds, with everyone already at that end of the field...you can definitely get a play and clock it.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 08:41 PM
  #536
jflory81
Irken Elite
 
jflory81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 20,711
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I disagree. 30 seconds, with everyone already at that end of the field...you can definitely get a play and clock it.
I worded that a little harsh. It is a factor there though. If it's short of the 5 yard line and you spike, you're essentially 4th and game.

The INT wasn't great, but I just feel that the only reason the team was in the game was because of the offense. There's just a disproportionate reaction against Fitz when the reality is that the Bills are in the top half of the NFL in most offensive categories. And while Fitz has thrown a lot of INT's, most of them come late in games as he's trying to bring the team back from another horrendous defensive showing.

Where are the turnovers? Where are the stops? This defense is worse in every measurable way from last year's....and last year's was as bad as a defense as the Bills have had in a long time. This team is good enough offensively to make the playoffs in a conference like the AFC.

jflory81 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 09:24 PM
  #537
kcoxsabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
Looks like an edited template but I admit it, I lol'd at "onehopfitz@gmail.com"
This whole thing is hilarious.

Much needed. No Hockey + Agonizing Football = Torture.

kcoxsabresfan is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 09:30 PM
  #538
kcoxsabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
There's just a disproportionate reaction against Fitz when the reality is that the Bills are in the top half of the NFL in most offensive categories. And while Fitz has thrown a lot of INT's, most of them come late in games as he's trying to bring the team back from another horrendous defensive showing.
Without micro-analyzing the exact time and nature of Fitz's interceptions, this is a pretty fair assessment. I'm as frustrated as anyone with Fitzpatrick's maddening inconsistency. However, I put a lot of the blame on Chan Gailey and D Wandstache. Chan's offense scores points, don't get me wrong. But, he is not the offensive coordinator, he is the Head Coach, and as such he is just as responsible for the defense as the players or the coach on that side of the ball.

kcoxsabresfan is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 09:30 PM
  #539
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Sadly, that's not against the rules. He's neither the QB nor a defenseless receiver. Ball carriers can be contacted to the head. And guys like Spikes--who was flexing as Jackson was stumbling off the field--aim for it.
Headshots have been a point of emphasis for a couple years now. Ask James Harrison.

Officals have the authority (and have been instructed to) call unnecessary roughness on these types of plays. They just rarely actually do it.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 09:58 PM
  #540
kirby11
Registered User
 
kirby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcoxsabresfan View Post
Without micro-analyzing the exact time and nature of Fitz's interceptions, this is a pretty fair assessment. I'm as frustrated as anyone with Fitzpatrick's maddening inconsistency. However, I put a lot of the blame on Chan Gailey and D Wandstache. Chan's offense scores points, don't get me wrong. But, he is not the offensive coordinator, he is the Head Coach, and as such he is just as responsible for the defense as the players or the coach on that side of the ball.
True..but chan also refuses to completely unleash spiller. cause, you know, why should we use the guy who's averaging 7.2 yards per carry on 78 rushing attempts? Why give him more carries when he got 117 yards on 12 touches today?

kirby11 is offline  
Old
11-11-2012, 10:03 PM
  #541
thecatch22
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 567
vCash: 500
Spiller only getting 15 carries combined in the last two weeks is criminal. GIVE HIM THE BLOODY BALL!

Defense is atrocious. I don't know how no one has gotten fired for this product. How many bloody punts did they force... two? It's terrible.

thecatch22 is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 01:07 AM
  #542
whiplash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
What? How do you know what route TJ is supposed to run? Did you call the play?

That's a pretty stupid excuse for Fitz. How the play is drawn up in your imagination does not matter. He threw the ball right to the cornerback, Graham never had shot at it.
It was pretty obvious even before TJ said it in the postgame. That was a timed play and he needed to be in front of the safety, not behind him. Yes it's an excuse but it's a damned good one considering...

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-c...erception.html

whiplash is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 01:15 AM
  #543
Ralonzo
Я хочу!
 
Ralonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 4,774
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Fitz is not that good. How many of those throws were well behind the receiver, rescued by a terrific catch.

That he's a choking mutt is just the cherry on top of the **** sundae.

Ralonzo is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 01:57 AM
  #544
jflory81
Irken Elite
 
jflory81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 20,711
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
Fitz is not that good. How many of those throws were well behind the receiver, rescued by a terrific catch.

That he's a choking mutt is just the cherry on top of the **** sundae.
Just ignore that Fitz has played pretty damn well for a solid month up until and including this game.

You deserve this team

jflory81 is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 02:35 AM
  #545
jflory81
Irken Elite
 
jflory81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 20,711
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Two of the best teams in the league played a defensive slugfest tonight.

Don't tell me this offense isn't good enough to make the playoffs in this conference.

jflory81 is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 03:54 AM
  #546
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked
 
SFTC Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 10,190
vCash: 500
What a punch to the ****ing gut. Microcosim of the last 12 years. So TJ Graham ran the wrong route? Wonderful. Now I see why hes not in much. They should have done a screen. Thats the only thing I would have liked to have seen different there. I still don't know why Jones ball was not a catch or even looked at. The 2 injuries...could the last 12 years not be summed up any easier? Both timeouts lost to injury. I hate that rule, needs modification. Jackson was clearly lost. It has a purpose but he wasn't faking. In a way though I thought these were great breaks. You didn't wanna give old man Brady any time. Thats why I am for a screen play. On the flip side if Jones catches it they can run.

I expected NE to win simply by outclassing the Bills. Fitzy outplayed Brady today(Que the INT and Fumble, neither were his fault) The Bills offense came to play. Only the refs came to suck. Its one thing to simply have a bad call but come on uncatchable is an EASY call. Can't catch a ball out of bounds. Both turned into TDs. The defense once again was atrocious. I will give them a kudos for that late goal line stand. Never thought that would happen. Brady didn't play that good today but they FOUND ways to help him. All the penalties hurt.

Two of the last three games Fitz played good enough to win easily. This team could and should be 5-4. Except the D is a JOKE. All the hardships this terrible D had been through they could have been in a FIRST PLACE TIE. This may work out to our advantage though. Gailey may get a pink slip soon. Which leads me to my diagnosis. The way I view this team...the offense AND YES Fitzpatrick are not the problem and are fine. The problem is EVERYTHING ELSE. The Defense, the Cordinators, the coach, the GM, the CEO and the owner. If this team could play the "D" that analysts kept yacking about they could have been a contender. You give Fitz a stellar D I think this team could be great even with him at the helm. Is he elite? No. But he's not teBow or Sanchez for crying out loud...he does have some ability. There are a lot worse QBs. Hes about middle of the pack. 15 or 16 best.

SFTC Addict is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 09:45 AM
  #547
kirby11
Registered User
 
kirby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
What a punch to the ****ing gut. Microcosim of the last 12 years. So TJ Graham ran the wrong route? Wonderful. Now I see why hes not in much. They should have done a screen. Thats the only thing I would have liked to have seen different there. I still don't know why Jones ball was not a catch or even looked at. The 2 injuries...could the last 12 years not be summed up any easier? Both timeouts lost to injury. I hate that rule, needs modification. Jackson was clearly lost. It has a purpose but he wasn't faking. In a way though I thought these were great breaks. You didn't wanna give old man Brady any time. Thats why I am for a screen play. On the flip side if Jones catches it they can run.

I expected NE to win simply by outclassing the Bills. Fitzy outplayed Brady today(Que the INT and Fumble, neither were his fault) The Bills offense came to play. Only the refs came to suck. Its one thing to simply have a bad call but come on uncatchable is an EASY call. Can't catch a ball out of bounds. Both turned into TDs. The defense once again was atrocious. I will give them a kudos for that late goal line stand. Never thought that would happen. Brady didn't play that good today but they FOUND ways to help him. All the penalties hurt.

Two of the last three games Fitz played good enough to win easily. This team could and should be 5-4. Except the D is a JOKE. All the hardships this terrible D had been through they could have been in a FIRST PLACE TIE. This may work out to our advantage though. Gailey may get a pink slip soon. Which leads me to my diagnosis. The way I view this team...the offense AND YES Fitzpatrick are not the problem and are fine. The problem is EVERYTHING ELSE. The Defense, the Cordinators, the coach, the GM, the CEO and the owner. If this team could play the "D" that analysts kept yacking about they could have been a contender. You give Fitz a stellar D I think this team could be great even with him at the helm. Is he elite? No. But he's not teBow or Sanchez for crying out loud...he does have some ability. There are a lot worse QBs. Hes about middle of the pack. 15 or 16 best.
Don't tell this to jerry sullivan. he's placing pretty much all the blame for the loss on fitz in his article today. idiot. when your qb outplays tom brady for most of the game, you should win. not his fault the defense can't do anything and the refs made a bunch of dubious calls.

kirby11 is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 09:53 AM
  #548
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,089
vCash: 500
Fitz is not the long term solution, but you can't pin that game on him.

The officials sucked, the defense dropped two cupcake balls that should have been picks, and didn't do enough to slow down the New England offense. They're good, but not unstoppable.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 10:05 AM
  #549
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
What a punch to the ****ing gut. Microcosim of the last 12 years. So TJ Graham ran the wrong route? Wonderful. Now I see why hes not in much. They should have done a screen. Thats the only thing I would have liked to have seen different there. I still don't know why Jones ball was not a catch or even looked at. The 2 injuries...could the last 12 years not be summed up any easier? Both timeouts lost to injury. I hate that rule, needs modification. Jackson was clearly lost. It has a purpose but he wasn't faking. In a way though I thought these were great breaks. You didn't wanna give old man Brady any time. Thats why I am for a screen play. On the flip side if Jones catches it they can run.

I expected NE to win simply by outclassing the Bills. Fitzy outplayed Brady today(Que the INT and Fumble, neither were his fault) The Bills offense came to play. Only the refs came to suck. Its one thing to simply have a bad call but come on uncatchable is an EASY call. Can't catch a ball out of bounds. Both turned into TDs. The defense once again was atrocious. I will give them a kudos for that late goal line stand. Never thought that would happen. Brady didn't play that good today but they FOUND ways to help him. All the penalties hurt.

Two of the last three games Fitz played good enough to win easily. This team could and should be 5-4. Except the D is a JOKE. All the hardships this terrible D had been through they could have been in a FIRST PLACE TIE. This may work out to our advantage though. Gailey may get a pink slip soon. Which leads me to my diagnosis. The way I view this team...the offense AND YES Fitzpatrick are not the problem and are fine. The problem is EVERYTHING ELSE. The Defense, the Cordinators, the coach, the GM, the CEO and the owner. If this team could play the "D" that analysts kept yacking about they could have been a contender. You give Fitz a stellar D I think this team could be great even with him at the helm. Is he elite? No. But he's not teBow or Sanchez for crying out loud...he does have some ability. There are a lot worse QBs. Hes about middle of the pack. 15 or 16 best.
Solid rant. I give it a 9 out of 10.

I think Fitz has been adequate in each of the last 3 weeks. Sure that INT against Tennessee was awful, but the main reason we lost that game was because the defense couldn't get a stop against Matt ********** Hasselback.

I'm actually in favor of keeping Gailey. He runs the offense relatively well, and I think he'd do a good job developing a young QB. Plus, who are we going to get that's better? Nobody wants to come to Buffalo. More than anything we need a new defensive coordinator. We have the talent on D to at least be average, and a good coordinator could get us there.

The team is playing much better now than they were earlier in the season. We went on the road to face the top 2 teams in the conference and hung in there both games.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 10:14 AM
  #550
OkimLom
Registered User
 
OkimLom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,330
vCash: 500
Yes, Fitzpatrick played well enough to win the game, no question about it. But the defense forced NE to kick a FG to allow Fitz to go down and try to win the game. Which he was not able to.

TJ Graham even said he ran the wrong route. The thing is if Graham runs the right route what are the chances Fitz hits him in stride and doesn't throw the INT anyway. When Fitzpatrick threw the ball TJ was already at the back of the end zone. Was he throwing based on the route or based on where the player was? I've seen guys run different routes to give their QB's a place to throw the ball. If Fitz throws it higher than the NE player TJ is wide open and most likely catches it.

Regardless of Fitz's play the past few weeks, which to me really hasn't been impressive, he still can't carry this team to a win. Brady has a worse running game, and a terrible defense, yet they still are up there because winning games comes down to game management and the ability of the QB to win the game, which is something he has yet to show consistently through his whole time here.

I will say though, the whole coaching staff needs to go. Players are not prepared, they are being outsmarted, and they are so set on proving Fitz at QB works, that they will stay away from their game that works, the running game. Also, What is the deal with Buffalo hiring coaches with NO emotion? Last coach that any emotion throughout a season was Wade Phillips. Mularkey had some but it didn't last a full season. I'm not saying Having emotion wins games, but at least show some kind of sign that you care.

OkimLom is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.