*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2012, 08:34 PM
JSavoire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitars of Drizzt View Post
Yeah, I absolutely agree with you. It just makes no sense. I'd really hope it would have nothing to do with Gord, but I guess you never know. I doubt it would be too.

I think a lot of the Bulls lack of scoring can be found with struggling players. What has happened to Sandlak? I mean, he doesn't look terrible out there, but he just hasn't been generating much of anything. He is way better than 4 points in 16 games. And then there's Brassard, which I try to be optimistic about because he has such great potential. But on some nights he just doesn't show up. And then there is Joseph Cramarossa, just another player who should be putting up much higher numbers. I think if these players can find their game, the Bulls can get back on track.

We'll see how they do tonight against Saginaw, I'm sensing some goals.
Unfortunately you don't see any other team playing a one goal scorer on Powerplay, Penalty Kill and at the end of a game as the 6th attacker, not to mention starting games without some "influence" if you know what I mean. I have listened and watched what people have been calling for years now and it's sad to see when a team needs scoring and yet can't give that extra ice to some of the better known goal scorers or even to developing the rookies better. Look at Saturday's game and the only goal scorers were Petti and Berisha. Imagine being able to allocate extra ice to those guys as well as some more to Crammer Jr. and Heff? The latter 2 would be much better off for next year when they will continue to get more duties. Formula has been wrong for years and there's no end in sight.

Gaunce's 4 goals aren't gonna change the world when he comes back as the team even with him in the lineup isn't scoring enough. Only 2 or 3 guys on the team have broken 20 goals in a season regardless of amount of ice so that means the rest have been playing year in, year out without adding that much needed offense.

At the end of the day if you don't change the formula then only the laws of probability will sway the inevitable outcome. I for one think the team can play a slightly wider open game given the fact they have Malcolm in net and guys like Austin on D. Can't hurt to try for a change as Bulls are still playing .500 hockey.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Parksy

Rumors of jake cardwell heading to Belleville for picks

Old
11-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Parksy

Confirmed. Cardwell to Belleville for 3 draft picks. Shaw may be the odd man out

Old
11-12-2012, 11:46 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

I would have much rather seen Silas dealt and Cardwell brought in, would have received more for Silas than Shaw, and I think Shaw would actually have made a great partner for Cardwell.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I would have much rather seen Silas dealt and Cardwell brought in, would have received more for Silas than Shaw, and I think Shaw would actually have made a great partner for Cardwell.
Yes, I absolutely agree with you. For me, it's more in the sense of, of how bad Silas has been playing. All the turnovers in front of our net are killing us. You expect a lot more from an over-ager. He costs us a goal in Saturday's game; which we would have ended up winning if it didn't happen. And I also agree that we would have gotten more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Unfortunately you don't see any other team playing a one goal scorer on Powerplay, Penalty Kill and at the end of a game as the 6th attacker, not to mention starting games without some "influence" if you know what I mean. I have listened and watched what people have been calling for years now and it's sad to see when a team needs scoring and yet can't give that extra ice to some of the better known goal scorers or even to developing the rookies better. Look at Saturday's game and the only goal scorers were Petti and Berisha. Imagine being able to allocate extra ice to those guys as well as some more to Crammer Jr. and Heff? The latter 2 would be much better off for next year when they will continue to get more duties. Formula has been wrong for years and there's no end in sight.

Gaunce's 4 goals aren't gonna change the world when he comes back as the team even with him in the lineup isn't scoring enough. Only 2 or 3 guys on the team have broken 20 goals in a season regardless of amount of ice so that means the rest have been playing year in, year out without adding that much needed offense.

At the end of the day if you don't change the formula then only the laws of probability will sway the inevitable outcome. I for one think the team can play a slightly wider open game given the fact they have Malcolm in net and guys like Austin on D. Can't hurt to try for a change as Bulls are still playing .500 hockey.
Yeah, that's what I was saying, I was questioning why Simmonds was thrown out there. Once again, I think the lack of scoring is from struggling players. And it's not like they're not getting the ice time. And Petti looked great in Saturday's game. That line of Zharkov-Petti-Curtis has great chemistry. Michael Cramarossa had a decent amount of shifts in Saturday's game, I thought he played well. And, I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing Heffernan play more, from what we saw in Saturday's game, he was looking good. Had that great chance point blank but was robbed. Probably one of the best chances he will ever get And they're not at .500 hockey.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parksy View Post
Confirmed. Cardwell to Belleville for 3 draft picks. Shaw may be the odd man out
I don't understand why George doesn't address the need for scoring. He has a high end 96 d-man that sits, use your picks for some badly needed scoring. Give the kid a chance to play, was easily one of the most talented kids in the draft.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:54 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Yes, I absolutely agree with you. For me, it's more in the sense of, of how bad Silas has been playing. All the turnovers in front of our net are killing us. You expect a lot more from an over-ager. He costs us a goal in Saturday's game; which we would have ended up winning if it didn't happen. And I also agree that we would have gotten more.

Yeah, that's what I was saying, I was questioning why Simmonds was thrown out there. Once again, I think the lack of scoring is from struggling players. And it's not like they're not getting the ice time. And Petti looked great in Saturday's game. That line of Zharkov-Petti-Curtis has great chemistry. Michael Cramarossa had a decent amount of shifts in Saturday's game, I thought he played well. And, I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing Heffernan play more, from what we saw in Saturday's game, he was looking good. Had that great chance point blank but was robbed. Probably one of the best chances he will ever get And they're not at .500 hockey.
Last 1/2 dozen games Bulls have 6 of 12 points if I'm not mistaken. That's .500 hockey no?

Old
11-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Parksy

I'm sure George is working on finding some offence. I think that Desousa has been getting better and more comfortable out there but not sure if he's ready for heavy minutes yet. Just a touch late on moving the puck. The talent is there, just needs to season a little bit more.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parksy View Post
I'm sure George is working on finding some offence. I think that Desousa has been getting better and more comfortable out there but not sure if he's ready for heavy minutes yet. Just a touch late on moving the puck. The talent is there, just needs to season a little bit more.
With the acquisition of Cardwell there's no way DeSousa will get big ice at all this season and as a 16 year old, especially on D that would be tough. You never want to set up a kid where he may fail. But I do agree on his slow puck movement. He likes to hang on to the puck which you can't do at this level of hockey since it'll result in turn overs and not being able to get out of your own zone. He'll catch on long before George winds up sitting him for that as he's got the tools.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
With the acquisition of Cardwell there's no way DeSousa will get big ice at all this season and as a 16 year old, especially on D that would be tough. You never want to set up a kid where he may fail. But I do agree on his slow puck movement. He likes to hang on to the puck which you can't do at this level of hockey since it'll result in turn overs and not being able to get out of your own zone. He'll catch on long before George winds up sitting him for that as he's got the tools.
Yeah this is true. He also got caught out of position, badly, in Saturday's game on a Saginaw goal. Definitely another thing that needs to be addressed. As for their winning percentage, it's .600. Maybe their last few games are at .500, but not the season as a whole. It doesn't even matter anyways.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:46 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Yeah this is true. He also got caught out of position, badly, in Saturday's game on a Saginaw goal. Definitely another thing that needs to be addressed. As for their winning percentage, it's .600. Maybe their last few games are at .500, but not the season as a whole. It doesn't even matter anyways.
Desousa and alot of the other marlie boys reaped the benefits of Mcdavid, Mckeown, Hosang being heavily scouted. They were exposed to that whole team. Only 2 Marlie kids didnt get drafted last year, the rest of the team did. Desousa and Cramarossa to me are over-rated. Cramarossa will never reach his brothers level. Desousa to me he is 2 players in one. (1) A dis-engaged player who looks like he wants to be anywhere but the rink. On the bench he sulked, looked depressed. (2) Other times a puck rushing, dangerous D-man with excellent skating, hits hard and bothers opponents....Its scary the extremes to his game.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:54 PM
ohlnhockeynut

1. BELV A. Brassard, (7) (K. DeCoste), 5:21
1. BELV C. Sandlak, (5) (A. Basso), 5:31
2. BELV C. Sandlak, (6) (B. Gaunce, A. Brassard), 8:42
2. BELV B. Gaunce, (4) (C. Sandlak, A. Brassard), 13:09 (PP)
2. BELV A. Brassard, (8) (B. Gaunce, B. Morris), 17:38

Game in peterborough 2010-2011 season, line combined for 10 points; why not try that line when Gaunce is healthy; seemed to work for that game; get some scoring??? i dunno just want to see a lineup shake try something new out

Old
11-12-2012, 05:51 PM
brahmabull

Desousa seems like a bit of a head case to me, in the Saginaw game he held on to the puck far to long caughed it up several times once leading to a goal and even yelled at one of the veteran players for hanging back and waiting for him (Desousa) to try and carry the puck up ice. The kid has an artifitially over inflated sence of his own skill, I have not been impressed with him at all and to me he has shown little to no sign of improvement. But to be honest it is to early to judge that givin his little ice time to date, I hope I am wrong on this and the kid comes around and lives up to his potential.

Last edited by brahmabull: 11-12-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old
11-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull View Post
Desousa seems like a bit of a head case to me, in the Saginaw game he held on to the puck far to long caughed it several times once leading to a goal and even yelled at one of the veteran players for hanging back and waiting for him (Desousa) to try and carry the puck up ice. The kid has an artifitially over inflated sence of his own skill, I have not been impressed with him at all and to me he has shown little to no sign of improvement at all. But to be honest it is to early to judge that givin his little ice time to date, I hope I am wrong on this and the kid comes around and lives up to his potential.
You don't know how right you are.....time will certainly tell.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Renegader

I don't see that at all from De Sousa. I think you guys need to cut him a little more slack. Just look at how much Jordan has improved since his 16 year old season. Sure De Sousa will make mistakes, but I like what I've seen with him. He skates tremendously well and makes good hard first passes. He's also a right handed defenceman which is a plus.

Give him some credit. It's a giant leap for a 16 year old to play OHL hockey. He's going to be a good one... He has all the tools.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Desousa seems like a bit of a head case to me, in the Saginaw game he held on to the puck far to long caughed it up several times once leading to a goal and even yelled at one of the veteran players for hanging back and waiting for him (Desousa) to try and carry the puck up ice. The kid has an artifitially over inflated sence of his own skill, I have not been impressed with him at all and to me he has shown little to no sign of improvement. But to be honest it is to early to judge that givin his little ice time to date, I hope I am wrong on this and the kid comes around and lives up to his potential.
This kid wants to play. I think it is pretty hard to improve with very little icetime. He probably tries to do too much in his few shifts as he knows that there won't be too many more during the game so he must make the most of it. He may have been better off playing a year of tier 2.

Old
11-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
I don't see that at all from De Sousa. I think you guys need to cut him a little more slack. Just look at how much Jordan has improved since his 16 year old season. Sure De Sousa will make mistakes, but I like what I've seen with him. He skates tremendously well and makes good hard first passes. He's also a right handed defenceman which is a plus.

Give him some credit. It's a giant leap for a 16 year old to play OHL hockey. He's going to be a good one... He has all the tools.
I agree with this. It's a huge leap for the kid, and although he hasn't played well thus far; I believe he has a chance of developing into a solid defenseman. Like what you guys have said; only time will tell.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:01 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt last in Belleville. His compete level has drastic extremes and he goes through long stretches of complete confusion out there, lost. Chirping your vet D partner doesnt bode well and other guys will be pissed seeing that. Team captain can do that and few others.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:56 PM
ImaBullsfan

Hi ya Everyone! Im baack! Wow one of my dreams have came true, the bulls picked up a true playoff performer and stud on d. For any true bulls fans that were at the playoffs last spring, Jake Cardwell was a one man wrecking crew, he logged a tremendous amount of ice and was rock solid and played with a edge. The only other d-man that i thought would look good as a bull was Justin Sefton of the wolves. Many observers would think the George paid a high price and that may be, in reality if you look at the Beaukeboom deal, it very much the same. Ok fans, dont get your hometown backs up! Jason Shaw is a steady d-man...YES but he is not in reality a good OA in this league. listen i know Jason, heck i play ball hockey with him, Shaw or Cardwell, id take cardwell any day of the week! Jason wants to be a pro next year, well he must take the trade and run with it, use it as motivation, and i hope he does earn a contract for next year. Good Luck Jason!

Old
11-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt last in Belleville. His compete level has drastic extremes and he goes through long stretches of complete confusion out there, lost. Chirping your vet D partner doesnt bode well and other guys will be pissed seeing that. Team captain can do that and few others.
I agree with you. On the other hand he could become their top d-man in time.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Tonester01

I agree with Renegader about DeSousa, give him a break. You must remember that he is only 16, it's his first time away from home with a new school and he has only played 9 games of which at least 2 were at forward. Much too early to make any judgement or decision on him. I like his skating and passing ability. The rule of thumb in the OHL is not to judge a rookie in his first half of the season. I remember a rookie defenceman a few years ago who made mistakes as a rookie, PK something.
Relax give the kid a chance as he has a huge upside.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonester01 View Post
I agree with Renegader about DeSousa, give him a break. You must remember that he is only 16, it's his first time away from home with a new school and he has only played 9 games of which at least 2 were at forward. Much too early to make any judgement or decision on him. I like his skating and passing ability. The rule of thumb in the OHL is not to judge a rookie in his first half of the season. I remember a rookie defenceman a few years ago who made mistakes as a rookie, PK something.
Relax give the kid a chance as he has a huge upside.
All the kid needs is a chance to play. I don't think 3 or 4 shifts a game when he dresses is a real chance. George needs to get rid of one older d-man for some offensive help and move the kid into the lineup permanently.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Desousa and alot of the other marlie boys reaped the benefits of Mcdavid, Mckeown, Hosang being heavily scouted. They were exposed to that whole team. Only 2 Marlie kids didnt get drafted last year, the rest of the team did. Desousa and Cramarossa to me are over-rated. Cramarossa will never reach his brothers level. Desousa to me he is 2 players in one. (1) A dis-engaged player who looks like he wants to be anywhere but the rink. On the bench he sulked, looked depressed. (2) Other times a puck rushing, dangerous D-man with excellent skating, hits hard and bothers opponents....Its scary the extremes to his game.
Totally disagree on Cramarossa. Michael may not be totally ready for this level but neither was Joseph as he played a year of tier 2. Joseph is more of a grinder and Michael has much more skill. You are talking about DeSousa sulking in minor midget and you know better than most why. Other kids would have quit.

Old
11-14-2012, 12:28 PM
bigdogsnipedaddy

Very few if any 96 born Dmen are getting anything close to a regular shift. Not many are getting regular shifts in tier 2 either; what is best? these kids to get practice time mainly during their first year and possibly a regular shift in their 2nd year.
I think its more important to get a regular shift whether that be in tier 2 or midget and then progress from there.
As far as Desouza, he is a skilled player but has issue with Team First mentality and from history has little respect for teammates. I would give him some time and maybe he will grow through this.(this comes from many players and coaches that have worked with him during his minor hockey time).

Old
11-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogsnipedaddy View Post
Very few if any 96 born Dmen are getting anything close to a regular shift. Not many are getting regular shifts in tier 2 either; what is best? these kids to get practice time mainly during their first year and possibly a regular shift in their 2nd year.
I think its more important to get a regular shift whether that be in tier 2 or midget and then progress from there.
As far as Desouza, he is a skilled player but has issue with Team First mentality and from history has little respect for teammates. I would give him some time and maybe he will grow through this.(this comes from many players and coaches that have worked with him during his minor hockey time).
Leblanc and Jenkins getting big minutes with Oakville Blades, same with Walsh and Allen on St. Mikes, Centorame logging lots of ice with Georgetown. Kyle Wood playing lots with Orangeville when not with Battalion, Brody Morris with Wellington, also Josh Carrick in Stoufville are all regulars on their respective teams.....all are '96 aged in the OJHL.

Closed Thread