HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angels Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Dodgers bid $25,737,737 to negotiate with Korean left-hander Ryu Hyun-Jin

As I understand it, this money is out the door...and a deal has to get done with this guy within the next 30 days.

Wow. The Dodgers are spending money like a drunken sailor.

On a 180-day drunk.
If the Korean posting system is anything like the Japanese system, which I assume it is because MLB oversees the whole deal, the Dodgers would get their money back if he doesnt sign. Being a Boras guy, I doubt he signs. Boras has already come out and said he thinks he can get more money next year.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:36 PM
bobafettish*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
That "trash" consists of one of the best first baseman in baseball and a pitcher who was a cy young candidate as recent as last season (and was a solid 2/3 starter for the dodgers down the stretch). Crawford was showing signs of returning to his former self last season based on peripheral numbers and advanced swing analyses. They didn't have to give up very much, either.
gonzalez is no doubt one of the best 1st basemen in the league but if you had to take on the other two, its not worth it IMO. while beckett did have a solid year last year hes been average to bad in every year since his winning the world series. people shouldn't be mad that the dodgers are spending but how they are spending it.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Seeing UCLA is ahead of USC in the AP rankings (NCAAF) is a great sight to see.

Old
11-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
gonzalez is no doubt one of the best 1st basemen in the league but if you had to take on the other two, its not worth it IMO. while beckett did have a solid year last year hes been average to bad in every year since his winning the world series. people shouldn't be mad that the dodgers are spending but how they are spending it.
http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...510&position=P

Ummm you're 100% incorrect about Beckett. He's been ~5 WAR the last several years minus 2010. The dodgers didn't have to give up anything too serious in that trade. I like de la rosa and webster, but neither is likely to become a great starter.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Big Leg 1 win by the Galaxy over Seattle.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:34 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
If the Korean posting system is anything like the Japanese system, which I assume it is because MLB oversees the whole deal, the Dodgers would get their money back if he doesnt sign. Being a Boras guy, I doubt he signs. Boras has already come out and said he thinks he can get more money next year.
If the Dodgers are willing to pony up 25 million to secure the rights to negotiate, you don't think that they have not done enough home work or are open to making it worth his while? Besides, the ability to make 5 million this year as opposed to the equivilent of 325k american dollars he'd be making while waiting goes a long way. Boras knows that he wants his guy the property of the LA Dodgers. He's getting paid now, and is young enough to earn at least one other big payday.

Old
11-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

He throws like Sabathia. And like Sabathia, he's a chubby one.

Old
11-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post

17ks in one game is amazing. I don't care what league it is.

I love how veiled his delivery is. A LOT like CC. Wow could this be a score. I won't get excited yet because it's only a bid for negotiation...but Kershaw, Jin, Beckett (who I thought looked pretty good at the end of the year.) and a 2nd half of the season Billingsley. OUCH. That's a nasty rotation. Two left, two right.

Old
11-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Per Twitter:

Quote:
LA Kings @LAKings

Congrats @LAGalaxy on tonight's win. Your method of squeaking into the playoffs and then dominating the competition is admirable.

11-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post

I love how veiled his delivery is. A LOT like CC. Wow could this be a score. I won't get excited yet because it's only a bid for negotiation...but Kershaw, Jin, Beckett (who I thought looked pretty good at the end of the year.) and a 2nd half of the season Billingsley. OUCH. That's a nasty rotation. Two left, two right.
I was thinking exactly the same thing, watching the video. He really has many of the hitters flummoxed. Many of those strikeouts were called-strike-threes.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:02 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:

Interesting. A large majority of his strikeouts were on fastballs in that video, yet his fastball is only clocked upwards of 92. It looked a lot better than that in the video, though. Looks like he might be a pitcher who gets ahead with his soft stuff and buries hitters with the fastball when they're not expecting it.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:42 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post

Jin might go the the LAD bullpen due to durability concerns.

The Dodgers are also looking at Greinke, Anibal Sanchez, and maybe a return of Kuroda. I hope they take a hard look at Lohse as well.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:53 AM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
The Lakers have hired Mike D'Antoni. That will certainly help the offense. We'll see if they still play any defense.

http://on.nba.com/SGAp9i

Old
11-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Jin might go the the LAD bullpen due to durability concerns.

The Dodgers are also looking at Greinke, Anibal Sanchez, and maybe a return of Kuroda. I hope they take a hard look at Lohse as well.
Hell no to Lohse. A 34-year-old asking for a CJ Wilson-type contract who is not much more than a 3/4 starter?

No way.

http://www.mikesciosciastragicillnes...le-lohse/14377

Last edited by Chazz Reinhold: 11-12-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old
11-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Anibal Sanchez is a must.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Anibal Sanchez is a must.
I would much rather have Greinke, but I am more than ok with Sanchez if they can't get Greinke.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
^^^^ agree.

And Dodger Stadium's location is just too hard to get to. Every other city I"ve visited has better (rail) access to their stadiums. I know this goes back to the O'Malley's move here from Brooklyn, but getting to/from games is just a hassle now.

The main problem with Dodger stadium is that it's to nice to tear down and start over - that helps it be a 2nd rate stadium when compared to other MLB stadiums.

It's really kinda funny (sad), there are many teams that had their stadiums built AFTER Dodger stadium, yet they have already torn those stadiums down and they have built better ones: Philly, Pitt, Cin, Seattle, Atl, Milw, StL, SF & SD (well, did not demolish Candlestick or Qualcomm - yet).

And Dodger fans are stuck with this 50 yr old relic that you can't tear down or get to.

Just read this post.

I agree with you regarding the access to DS. What are the chances the new ownership negotiates with MTA to build a rail access to the stadium? That'd be ****ing sweet. I mean, the Dodger Express bus is nice, but the bus still has to share the streets with the LA traffic and beat it. Some people are just not willing to pay for overpriced parking (like me).

The Blue Line has helped Staples Center's attendance grow.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:12 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Interesting. A large majority of his strikeouts were on fastballs in that video, yet his fastball is only clocked upwards of 92. It looked a lot better than that in the video, though. Looks like he might be a pitcher who gets ahead with his soft stuff and buries hitters with the fastball when they're not expecting it.
Add into the equation the caverns known as Dodger Stadium, Petco and AT&T Park and the Dodgers could have a steal.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:15 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Just read this post.

I agree with you regarding the access to DS. What are the chances the new ownership negotiates with MTA to build a rail access to the stadium? That'd be ****ing sweet. I mean, the Dodger Express bus is nice, but the bus still has to share the streets with the LA traffic and beat it. Some people are just not willing to pay for overpriced parking (like me).

The Blue Line has helped Staples Center's attendance grow.
They need to force the people who live on the freeways out and expand all of the freeways in and around Dodger Stadium. For the 5 freeway to go down to 2 lanes is a complete joke. It's like going back in time to the 50's when I have to drive out that way, just horrific planning. Then add on top of that horrific public transportation and you have the nightmare that is LA driving.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
If the Dodgers are willing to pony up 25 million to secure the rights to negotiate, you don't think that they have not done enough home work or are open to making it worth his while? Besides, the ability to make 5 million this year as opposed to the equivilent of 325k american dollars he'd be making while waiting goes a long way. Boras knows that he wants his guy the property of the LA Dodgers. He's getting paid now, and is young enough to earn at least one other big payday.
I hope it happens but I can see Boras trying to squeeze every dollar out of us. It wouldnt be the first time he has had one of his guys hold out with hopes for more money the next season.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASKING View Post
The Lakers have hired Mike D'Antoni. That will certainly help the offense. We'll see if they still play any defense.

http://on.nba.com/SGAp9i
It's also being reported that D'Antoni is reaching out to Nate McMillan as a "defensive assistant."

Quote:
Sam Amico @Sam AmicoFSO

Mike D'Antoni expected to contact ex-Blazers coach Nate McMillan about becoming 'defensive assistant' with Lakers, according to CBS Sports.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:06 PM
bobafettish*

ughhh d'antoni another bad hire.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:23 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

D'Antoni? Does he like the dump and chase, or does he prefer them to carry it over the line?

Old
11-12-2012, 07:10 PM
scramble91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
D'Antoni? Does he like the dump and chase, or does he prefer them to carry it over the line?
Shoot from the redline with no net front presence.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:38 PM
damacles1156

My question is who is going to shoot the three.

D'Antoni system (successful) relies on someone to shoot the three consistently. The Lakers don't really have anyone that can.

I guess Kobe maybe ?

Closed Thread