Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Fantasy Football Minnesota Wild hfboards League

Old
11-11-2012, 09:20 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
I like a two tier system, but I think we'd need at least 20 active players for that.

If keeping with a 16 team league, Avder's proposed roster should only have 3-4 bench + IR or simply 4-5 bench. As proposed, it has larger rosters than our current league.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

vCash: 50
Squidz, the way the IR slot works is a player has to be on IR in the actual NFL to use it. See all those players who have "IR" as their status? Those are the players we could use on our IR slots.

It's not like we could put someone like Pierre Garcon, who has merely been out consistently, on IR, because he is not actually on IR.

So I think 5 bench + IR is easily a reasonable way to do the roster next year if we go with 1 16 team league.

Also if we do two 10 team leagues, I would say: QB, WR1, WR2, WR3, RB1, RB2, TE, W/R/T Flex, K, Def, 6 bench, IR.

And I think if were leaving the door open to possibly do two leagues next year, we should probably disallow any draft pick trades at this point, because how the hell would that work if someone who makes it to the A league trades a pick to someone who ends up in the B league?

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I don't suppose there's a way Mike Wallace gets fewer than 2.5 points tonight, huh?

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I don't suppose there's a way Mike Wallace gets fewer than 2.5 points tonight, huh?
Doesn't look like it.

And unless Dwyer gets 25 more points than Heath Miller, I'm getting to .500 this week.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:51 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Squidz, the way the IR slot works is a player has to be on IR in the actual NFL to use it. See all those players who have "IR" as their status? Those are the players we could use on our IR slots.

It's not like we could put someone like Pierre Garcon, who has merely been out consistently, on IR, because he is not actually on IR.

So I think 5 bench + IR is easily a reasonable way to do the roster next year if we go with 1 16 team league.

Also if we do two 10 team leagues, I would say: QB, WR1, WR2, WR3, RB1, RB2, TE, W/R/T Flex, K, Def, 6 bench, IR.

And I think if were leaving the door open to possibly do two leagues next year, we should probably disallow any draft pick trades at this point, because how the hell would that work if someone who makes it to the A league trades a pick to someone who ends up in the B league?
I know how IR slots work, you're still increasing the size of teams with that configuration, even if only one person uses the IR slot. That's the problem, we already have too large of teams for a 16 team league.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I know how IR slots work, you're still increasing the size of teams with that configuration, even if only one person uses the IR slot. That's the problem, we already have too large of teams for a 16 team league.
And I say that having an IR slot will have a negligible effect on the depth of the FA pool because as it stands now, I don't think anyone is holding on to IR players for any significant amount of time anyway.

An IR slot lets us pick up a potential winning lottery ticket from the only part of the pool we are not currently using. And if that lottery ticket pays out and the guy we pick up becomes active at some point during the season, we have to drop someone from our regular roster to use him anyway, so that actually returns a player to the free agent pool.

It really is a non-issue squidz. It does not shrink the depth of the FA pool at all. At all.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:47 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
And I say that having an IR slot will have a negligible effect on the depth of the FA pool because as it stands now, I don't think anyone is holding on to IR players for any significant amount of time anyway.

An IR slot lets us pick up a potential winning lottery ticket from the only part of the pool we are not currently using. And if that lottery ticket pays out and the guy we pick up becomes active at some point during the season, we have to drop someone from our regular roster to use him anyway, so that actually returns a player to the free agent pool.

It really is a non-issue squidz. It does not shrink the depth of the FA pool at all. At all.
At multiple times this season, Jahvid Best was on a team's roster. So yes, that IR slot would have reduced the number of free agents available.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

And every time he was on someones roster, the free agent pool artificially had depth added to it because someone had to be dropped to add him.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:38 PM
MNman

Whoooo....finally I get a chance to take sole possession over 1st place this week.

#1 vs #2, winner take over/retain the top spot.

Possible championship preview????

MNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNman View Post
Whoooo....finally I get a chance to take sole possession over 1st place this week.

No. Because I'm not in it.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 05:15 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNman View Post

That would be pretty hard, first you'd have to win against a team projected to beat you by 6, I would have to lose to the last place team, elnewby would have to lose to a team he's projected to beat by 15 right now, and Generic User would have to lose to saywut (in what could be the league's ugliest, lowest scoring matchup all season).

Possibly, but hardly likely. Nice to see us down to 5 teams tied for first though.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
That would be pretty hard, first you'd have to win against a team projected to beat you by 6, I would have to lose to the last place team, elnewby would have to lose to a team he's projected to beat by 15 right now, and Generic User would have to lose to saywut (in what could be the league's ugliest, lowest scoring matchup all season).

Possibly, but hardly likely. Nice to see us down to 5 teams tied for first though.
Hey... I am working the waiver/FA wire hard this week. Most of my best players ended up having a week 11 bye.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 05:25 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Big note this week though, it becomes possible for the first teams to clinch a playoff spot (assuming they hold the tiebreaker).

If two of Xtremeninjas, Threshecutioners, and Call Me AP lose this week, 8 wins will guarantee a team currently in the top half of the league will at least tie for 8th.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:28 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Hey... I am working the waiver/FA wire hard this week. Most of my best players ended up having a week 11 bye.
Yeah, once you get rid of a couple of those 5 bye week players it won't be quite as ugly, and he can get his projected score up to 95 with a couple player movements. It's just funny to click in and see a projection of 76-75 with one team having their best possible roster and the other with only players whose teams are actually playing.

Old
11-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Big note this week though, it becomes possible for the first teams to clinch a playoff spot (assuming they hold the tiebreaker).

If two of Xtremeninjas, Threshecutioners, and Call Me AP lose this week, 8 wins will guarantee a team currently in the top half of the league will at least tie for 8th.
I do not plan on losing this week, but I certainly would not mind it if those other two bunches of losers did me a favor and played like crap.

I honestly did not think my team would manage to get to .500, let alone start contending for a playoff spot.

Old
11-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Piffles

Quote:
I do not plan on losing this week, but I certainly would not mind it if those other two bunches of losers did me a favor and played like crap.

I honestly did not think my team would manage to get to .500, let alone start contending for a playoff spot.
I didn't either. Unfortunately I don't think I'll do well this week, with both of my good running backs on their bye weeks and players are getting injured. It sucks dropping players I may need if I make the playoffs in an attempt to make the playoffs.

Piffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 07:16 PM
MNman

Quote:

Haha.....now after a couple roster adjustments, our projected scores are only apart by 0.2!!!!

Not like I really pay that close of attention to the projected scores, cuz how often are they right?

MNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Dammit... something told me I should have started LaFell or Morgan over Hartline this week.

Oh well...at least my opponents QB underperformed by roughly the same margin.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Tyra.... what the hell is your team doing?

And I'm not like, rubbing it in or anything... just.. wtf?

Old
11-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
My app stopped working in week 2. I haven't looked at my team since.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
My app stopped working in week 2. I haven't looked at my team since.
Let me guess.. Deep Threat?

Yeah I'd like to file an integrity of competition complaint. You're throwing a game against the team I am in direct competition against for 8th place.

Old
11-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
You're welcome.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
You're welcome.

Old
11-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Dee Oh Cee

hooray for starting matt schaub.

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Hahahaha, holy **** man, 500 yards? Holy hell!

And... Xtreme Ninjas...... lost? To the team that literally does not even show up?

8th place is mine! MINE!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!