Who will win the final forward spot

Old
11-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Me too, I`m an admitted fanboy of Caron`s but a bigger fan of Bruin hockey and what or whom would make them a better team personel wise. If JC is outplayed in what will be likely a short camp, I suspect that CJ will give whomever outplayed him the first opportunity in the regular season to make his mark. If, that player at that time doesn`t play up to snuff, he`ll go back to JC.

I`d say he is the frontrunner based on how much Julien loves guys who play with the defensive discipline he does, but to hand him a spot without so much as looking at others? Nope
Yeah, that's not happening. And Caron still has options, so it's not like their hands are tied. If he's outplayed/outworked, he'll go to Providence. From what I've seen, though, I'd bet on him sticking.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Talk to me about "Braden freaking Holtby" when we have a better idea whether he is or is not a Dryden. That kid did a very good job in the playoffs. .935 SV% is hardly chopped liver and he played against a couple very strong offenses in us and the Rangers.

Just because YOU hadn't heard much about him up to that point doesn't mean he's a chump. I'd noticed him a few times over the prior year or two when he'd done spot duty for the Caps, and even with Neuvirth and Varlamov in net (two young, very high ceiling goalies), the Capitals were working hard to keep Holtby relevant. Clearly they see something there, especially clearing Varlamov in order to keep Holtby on the roster, and it looks like they might have been right.
Right... The Caps cleared space to make room for Holtby. Thats why they also decided to add veteran bona fide number 1 start Vokoun

The fact that Vokoun sucked in WSH and Neuvirth got injured is not exactly considered making room for Holtby

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Montecristo

How about the option of bringing in a free agent to fill the 3rd line scoring role. Huselius is available and although he's had injury problems, when healthy he's been a good player. And if he gets hurt again there is plenty of depth already to fill the spot. I think I'd rather have huselius for one year would be more productive then any options in house

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Fire Julien

Caron doesn't do anything on the ice other than slowly skate circles around. I'd like to see someone who either has some skills like Spooner or Sauve or someone who can hit and intimidate, which we don't have.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote