HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Bluth Company (360) GM League Discussion/Signup Thread PT 4: NEED RESERVES

Old
11-12-2012, 09:46 AM
EvoLu7ioN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couto10 View Post
Florida/Buffalo games will be forever tense. Next time you guys play you should definitely start your 4th's and square up haha
Oh man, they could easily meet first round in the playoffs too. Compound this rivalry over 7 games and sprinkle in a few rebound goals and this thing will get nuclear!

Also just a note to all the guys on my schedule this week lots of who have been in contact via PM, thanks for being patient. I've been away in Tofino (little west coast surfing village) for the long weekend and will be heading back home shortly. It's a bit of a drive, so expect me back late afternoonish. Thanks for being patient, looking forward to our games!

Last edited by EvoLu7ioN: 11-12-2012 at 09:53 AM.
EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:05 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
seeing as how Florida sits back in the 1-3-1 I don't see many goals going in for anyone.

FUN!

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:12 AM
cbenini87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolari11 View Post
Im not a fan of playing an entire game with someone solely trying to injure my players... Especially right after the game you did manage to injure one.
I don't think I could disagree with this statement enough. It goes on in real life and I would expect it to go on in the league.

Islanders and Penguins fans at the very least are familiar with the game that featured approximately 9000 minutes in penalties. It didn't happen for the hell of it.

There's a certain point where the game is over. Nobody likes to lose but especially get embarrassed. After a certain point the game is over where it's time to let up. At that point both teams just want to get out with no injuries and the game to end.

I think this is perfectly acceptable if you ask me. If you want to keep pouring it on and not let up, that's fine but I would have no problem taking a run at your players either if you're going to keep pouring it on. I had no problem taking a run at Duchene in Colorado last year when he continued to come at me with hits and shots when he was up 5-0 with 5 minutes left in the game (whether he realized it or not - he's too fast he's hard to catch lol).

My last game against Tampa, I was up 6-1 and spent that last 10 min of the third period or so just bringing it half way and dumping it into the zone.

This isn't the BCS, there's no reason a 9-1 game should even happen.

While a physical game there is some degree of class involved. I know in my case you'll be getting what you give.

Last edited by cbenini87: 11-12-2012 at 11:18 AM.
cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Nick1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenini87 View Post
I don't think I could disagree with this statement enough. It goes on in real life and I would expect it to go on in the league.

Islanders and Penguins fans at the very least are familiar with the game that featured approximately 9000 minutes in penalties. It didn't happen for the hell of it.

There's a certain point where the game is over. Nobody likes to lose but especially get embarrassed. After a certain point the game is over where it's time to let up. At that point both teams just want to get out with no injuries and the game to end.

I think this is perfectly acceptable if you ask me. If you want to keep pouring it on and not let up, that's fine but I would have no problem taking a run at your players either if you're going to keep pouring it on. I had no problem taking a run at Duchene in Colorado last year when he continued to come at me with hits and shots when he was up 5-0 with 5 minutes left in the game (whether he realized it or not - he's too fast he's hard to catch lol).

My last game against Tampa, I was up 6-1 and spent that last 10 min of the third period or so just bringing it half way and dumping it into the zone.

While a physical game there is some degree of class involved. I know in my case you'll be getting what you give.
^ this... so much this

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Jsolari11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1219 View Post
^ this... so much this
I was a little mad that he injured huberdeau the game before. Thrn in the second game after the first he starts taking control of his goalie and trying to hipcheck me constantly... And this was at 4-0 with 2 periods to play, so ya i felt like running up the score

Jsolari11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:36 AM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

I beat the rangers 9-1 this block, and I wasn't even trying to score after 5. I wasn't going to stop shooting, when the other team completely stops trying against me when theyre up it's a little insulting, that's just me though. But I just spent the rest of my game trying to get Cory Conacher a hat trick, and if I had a breakaway I'd try a different move. I really scored like 4 goals that game because Lundqvist was garbage. But I'm not gonna intentionally run up the score or try to injure guys when I'm up. However, If someone starts to take runs at Stamkos or St Louis, you better believe Matt Cooke or Steve Downie is gonna get on the ice.

dbridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
seeing as how Florida sits back in the 1-3-1 I don't see many goals going in for anyone.

FUN!
I dunno, I played Florida, I'm no defensive stalwart or anything, but I didn't really have a problem entering his zone. Won 3-2 in what was a pretty good back and forth game. But if someone is stacking the blue line I'll continually circle, pass the puck back, eventually you'll have an opening to enter or just dump and chase. Florida is definitely good defensively though, I just prefer to look at it even if I'm hanging onto the puck for two minutes I'd rather do that then give the puck to him and give him a scoring chance.

Just my two cents!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:45 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Can you even intentionally injure players? Atleast in Club whenever i try and do a dirty hit i always line them up properly but i never knock them over. I just bump into them and get a penalty.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:53 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Can you even intentionally injure players? Atleast in Club whenever i try and do a dirty hit i always line them up properly but i never knock them over. I just bump into them and get a penalty.
Every single injury I have seen has been a strange bump that doesn't appear to cause any damage at all. It's completely random, it seems.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:54 AM
avsfan89

Quote:

lmao I remember that , but in context I was still trying to catch Ovie's point totals cuz it was close at the time!

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:56 AM
cbenini87

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
lmao I remember that , but in context I was still trying to catch Ovie's point totals cuz it was close at the time!
The ABSOLUTE WORST part of this is that I had to play you twice that block. So after being furious about that game.....I had to play you again lol

Old
11-12-2012, 12:00 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:

Agreed.. not this season because I've been struggling, but I know last season and in versus, I had some games where I was blowing out teams.. and after a certain point I would just dump it in... or just maintain possession in the offensive zone, not really taking many shots, just to eat away time.

Or I would try out some new strategies.

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:02 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
The ABSOLUTE WORST part of this is that I had to play you twice that block. So after being furious about that game.....I had to play you again lol
lol sorry! when I saw how close I was the only logical thing I thought to catch up to Ovie was if I had blow-out games lol at least your out East now!

Old
11-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

I dont think its possible for you to even try to injure players. Guys can go flying all over the place and still be no injuries. Really i was just trying to entertain myself to get through the game by getting some nice hip checks.... thats all.. I do it in club all the time. if you dont like it.... oh well right?

Last edited by Stockey: 11-12-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:10 PM
cbenini87

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
lol sorry! when I saw how close I was the only logical thing I thought to catch up to Ovie was if I had blow-out games lol at least your out East now!
Wish I was still in the West though where having more losses than wins is good enough for the 8 seed.
#eastisbetter

Old
11-12-2012, 01:17 PM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Quote:
Wish I was still in the West though where having more losses than wins is good enough for the 8 seed.
#eastisbetter
What are you smoking?

West: VAN: 15-12-6
East: PHI: 19-12-3

#smokebetterweed

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:18 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
#eastisbetter
never had to worry bout that with my first place finish last year in the west and current push for the same this year #eastwestnomatterwhichone

its definitely more fast paced facing you eastern teams though. The game against Carolina was action packed.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
What are you smoking?

#smokebetterweed
Philly looks alot more impressive, tbh!

Vancouver isn't even .500, so you might be smoking the bad weed, brah.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:24 PM
cbenini87

Quote:
What are you smoking?

#smokebetterweed
15-18 if you combine the types of losses.

#maybeiwillmaybeiwill

Old
11-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

it doesn't matter if you're 2-2-7 that's NHL .500

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Waaashinggtoooon where are ya? Answer your pms

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Couto10

Quote:
What are you smoking?

#smokebetterweed
So PHI has 41 points and VAN has 36 with only 1 game in hand.. So if you're going by points (which I believe doesn't prove anything unless it's a RIDICULOUS spread) then the east is better.

Or, if you share the same opinion as me, you don't believe any is better, because both conferences play out to their real life counter-parts pretty well! The east is faster with more goals, while there are a few defensive teams. The west is more of a grudge match where you really have to pick and choose your spots due to stronger defensive play; some teams though, play more offensive. And that is what makes this league so great gentlemen, any team has a chance to win on any given night. Now let's end the east/west discussion till we figure out an all-star format

Couto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:58 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

He was debunking the claim that you could have more losses than wins and still make the playoffs.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Couto10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
He was debunking the claim that you could have more losses than wins and still make the playoffs.

It is incorrect.
Well then everyone, focus on the second part of that post!

Couto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:15 PM
HughJazz3dg

vCash: 155
If you guys have openings, don't be afraid the shoot me a PM.

HughJazz3dg is offline   Reply With Quote