HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

North Dakota Fighting Sioux (Part 2)

Old
11-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Like coach Parker said, "I thought both teams won the game when their respective teams were the better team". Last night BU was the better team and took advantage of some defensive breakdowns to take a 4-2 win after being down 2-1 with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd. Another fun game to watch and I hope in the future the Sioux can get some more eastern powerhouses to the Ralph since they will have more games with non conference foes because of the new leagues next year. BU fans were fun to BS with at the Ralph this weekend and they very much appreciated the Palace on the Prairie.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:55 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Like coach Parker said, "I thought both teams won the game when their respective teams were the better team". Last night BU was the better team and took advantage of some defensive breakdowns to take a 4-2 win after being down 2-1 with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd. Another fun game to watch and I hope in the future the Sioux can get some more eastern powerhouses to the Ralph since they will have more games with non conference foes because of the new leagues next year. BU fans were fun to BS with at the Ralph this weekend and they very much appreciated the Palace on the Prairie.
I wonder what will happen with the non- conference schedules next year. I was pulling for a NoDak sweep.

I am guessing that everyone will want to schedule Penn St and win in the pairwise vs the Big Ten and vice versa with the weak teams in other conferences. Same as NCAA football. Why waste a chance at the title in an early non- conference game.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
I wonder what will happen with the non- conference schedules next year. I was pulling for a NoDak sweep.

I am guessing that everyone will want to schedule Penn St and win in the pairwise vs the Big Ten and vice versa with the weak teams in other conferences. Same as NCAA football. Why waste a chance at the title in an early non- conference game.
I know one thing. It will be at least 4 years before the Sioux play the Gophers again. Then who knows.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Dakota Sioux

Sioux /Husky weekend. After this year when I'm done coaching I will be getting my butt down to the Concrete Center to take this series in. Last 10 appearances in St. Cloud the Sioux are 0-6-4 on friday and 10-0 on saturday.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Dakota Sioux

Through These Doors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL3IZanKyyw

Old
11-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Dakota Sioux

Sioux get their first win in St. Cloud on a friday night since 1998 with a 3-0 win. O'Donnell,Rowney,and MacMillan with the goals. Saunders with the 32 save shutout.

Old
11-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Dakota Sioux

Saunders is the first Sioux goalie ever to record shutouts in his first 2 road games. He could be the X factor the Sioux have been missing the last 10 or so years. Obviously still early but I like what I'm seeing. Very fortunate for the Sioux he choose UND to transfer to.

Old
11-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Dakota Sioux

Yet another saturday night turd. Saunders was leftout to dry time and time again. Sioux were caught out of position numerous times and obviously it cost them. SCSU showed their speed last night and they have plenty of it. They are a title contender especially when Hanowski comes back. Pretty simple for the Sioux. Play saturday night like it's a friday night and all will be well.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Yet another saturday night turd. Saunders was leftout to dry time and time again. Sioux were caught out of position numerous times and obviously it cost them. SCSU showed their speed last night and they have plenty of it. They are a title contender especially when Hanowski comes back. Pretty simple for the Sioux. Play saturday night like it's a friday night and all will be well.
It didn't help that Kristo was whistled for a BS call. Can't fault for Hakstol for being miffed. I'm not playing favorites here, just stating the obvious. If the same thing happened to the other team (in this case SCSU), I'd be saying the same thing. But you've gotta give props to the Huskies' freshmen and Faragher - they were two reasons why SCSU won on Saturday night.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
It didn't help that Kristo was whistled for a BS call. Can't fault for Hakstol for being miffed. I'm not playing favorites here, just stating the obvious. If the same thing happened to the other team (in this case SCSU), I'd be saying the same thing. But you've gotta give props to the Huskies' freshmen and Faragher - they were two reasons why SCSU won on Saturday night.
Heck even the SCSU announcers couldn't believe that call. Then there was the Pattyn goal that wasn't. I could see on the replay during the game that it crossed the line and this pic proves it. Could it of changed the result of the game? Maybe but like I said the better team won saturday night and we move on to UMD this weekend at the Ralph. One thing that is hard to believe is the coaches voted Adams to be the head of the refs in the NCHC next year. It does get him off the ice but I would like to see him gone from college hockey period.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Dakota Sioux

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMO-U...layer_embedded

Old
11-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Dakota Sioux

Old
11-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Dakota Sioux

Through These Doors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMUp1aZboy4

Old
11-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Dakota Sioux

Parks has been practicing all week and there is a good chance he plays tonight. That would be huge. He has been skating with Rocco and Cagguila for the most part. Alot of speed on that line if they stick together.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Kristo scored 2 goals tonight...how would you compare his play so far this season vs last year?

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Kristo scored 2 goals tonight...how would you compare his play so far this season vs last year?
Same. My gut says he won't see the NHL. Just not strong enough. Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

Wild game tonight with the Dogs. Ended up a 4-4 tie and overtime was nuts.

Parks played the first period and looked great but did not return after the 1st intermission. Hope it's just minor.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:01 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Saw on the tv last night that Kristo became the active leading scorer in the WCHA after he got his 117th point of his career so congrats to him. I think he's looked great out there for the most part (I didn't see the SCSU games though). Liked how he got fired up after the shove to the back in the 3rd.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 03:13 PM
nabbyfan

Loved Grimaldi's goal last night.
I tend to agree about Kristo, hes an excellent College Hockey player, but somehow theres just something about his game that doesnt scream NHL to me. A little soft around the boards, and if you watch his goals, many of them are not shots or plays that happen at the NHL level.
The pick on the team I like the most to get a decent about of games in at that level Forbort, with a couple more years of experience under his belt I expect him to be a force.

nabbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Dakota Sioux

UND Lines for 11-17-12

MacMillan-Knight-Kristo
Caggiula-Grimaldi-St. Clair
O'Donnell-Rowney-Gaarder
Pattyn-Chyzyk-Rodwell

MacWilliam-Mattson
Forbort-Schmaltz
Simpson-Panzarella

Gothberg
Saunders
Maris

Out: Senkbeil, Parks, Gleason, Mitch MacMillan, Sanderson

Old
11-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Dakota Sioux

Sioux finally get their saturday night monkey off their back with a 4-3 ot win over the Dogs. Best weekend of hockey I have seen Kristo play in awhile. That ot goal was all his even though he didn't score it. Hell of an effort to get the puck to MacMillan for the winner.

Old
11-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Dakota Sioux

Next 4 series will tell alot about how this team will be going into the break. 3 of 4 on the road starting with the Irish in South Bend who just got done sweeping Michigan at Yost Arena. After that it's off to CC then home to DU then back on the road to Tech before they are off until Holy Cross comes to the Ralph Jan 3. Truthfully 5-3 or 4-4 would be alright by me.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:21 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbyfan View Post
Loved Grimaldi's goal last night.
I tend to agree about Kristo, hes an excellent College Hockey player, but somehow theres just something about his game that doesnt scream NHL to me. A little soft around the boards, and if you watch his goals, many of them are not shots or plays that happen at the NHL level.
The pick on the team I like the most to get a decent about of games in at that level Forbort, with a couple more years of experience under his belt I expect him to be a force.
God we hope so. He really is in a great place to take it slow right now. Kings have no need to rush him, I could see him getting 2 years in the AHL after he finishes/leaves ND. He would be the perfect player to put next to DD for the next decade...just hope he can continue to develop an all around game. The few times I've been able to see him play its been great or terrible.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Dakota Sioux

Danny Kristo is the WCHA offensive player of the week and yes he deserved it. Best 120 minutes I have seen him play in a while.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Dakota Sioux

Sioux lead all hockey venues in attendance with the NHL on lockout.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

Last edited by Dakota Sioux: 11-23-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old
11-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Dakota Sioux

Saunders was the man tonight as the Sioux took down Notre Dame 2-1.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=205761895