HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lockout Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Lockout Thread II

Ready, set, go.

Old
11-11-2012, 01:41 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=I don't think what is going on in the NHL at this moment has anything to do with the current lockout, but I think AEG executives can recognize a bubble when they see one. The value of NHL franchises may be a good example. I think it would be foolish for someone to buy one at today's prices with a better than 50/50 chance that your franchise will not generate an operating profit.[/QUOTE]

All anyone needs to know about Franchise value is in the NHL.

The freakin Loser Browns sold for what ? 1.2 Billion....THE BROWNS..

The Jags ? 750Million.....

The NHL is asking 250million for PHX. Also the NHL had to cover some losses on that deal, so the team would even sell.

Thrashers 170 Million plus a relocate Fee...

Pathetic.

Old
11-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
This sucks that we needed a second thread.

Can we name it "Lockout with your **** out!"?

Old
11-11-2012, 10:18 PM
no name

Owners have made it known that they are not negotiating off their offer that has been on the table for 2 weeks. That's bull crap. Their offer was not an offer. It was a ransom note.

"We have proposals on the table. What we heard from the players' association is that they're not interested in our proposals, and that leaves us apart. " Daly

"The owners made it clear that there is no give with respect to any of their proposals. That unless players are prepared to take -- and this is my phrase, not theirs -- down to the comma, that there's nothing to do. " Fehr.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Owners have made it known that they are not negotiating off their offer that has been on the table for 2 weeks. That's bull crap. Their offer was not an offer. It was a ransom note.

"We have proposals on the table. What we heard from the players' association is that they're not interested in our proposals, and that leaves us apart. " Daly

"The owners made it clear that there is no give with respect to any of their proposals. That unless players are prepared to take -- and this is my phrase, not theirs -- down to the comma, that there's nothing to do. " Fehr.
Daly has blatantly mentioned numerous times that Fehr's claims about the NHL not negotiating off their last offer are 100% false. Hell, the NHL has already budged multiple times while the NHLPA continues to come back with revenue splits that are actually de-linked. It's a joke at this point.

Fehr is a shill.

EDIT: Daly quote:

"They are not issues that can be traded off. They are all important issues to us. That doesn't mean you can't talk about them and shake them. There is flexibility around the issues we need to achieve but they are not issues that we can walk away from."

Last edited by Chazz Reinhold: 11-12-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old
11-12-2012, 01:26 AM
KingLB

Quote:

I understand you have your bias' because of your history. But you need to step back if you want to honestly evaluate this situation. The PA has tabled more or less the same offer everytime they have gone to the table. And rumors of Fehr wanted the players to get full salaries this season + the 5% bump regardless of there obviously being a large drop in revenues this season due to the dropped games is beyond laughable.

The fact that you think that showing up late is to "establish power".....and not completely unprofessional should be evidence enough. I mean why even show up at all...That will show them!!

Old
11-12-2012, 02:53 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I had a dream the lockout was over and the first game was against the flames and Carter scored in a blow out lol typical

Old
11-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
I understand you have your bias' because of your history. But you need to step back if you want to honestly evaluate this situation. The PA has tabled more or less the same offer everytime they have gone to the table. And rumors of Fehr wanted the players to get full salaries this season + the 5% bump regardless of there obviously being a large drop in revenues this season due to the dropped games is beyond laughable.

The fact that you think that showing up late is to "establish power".....and not completely unprofessional should be evidence enough. I mean why even show up at all...That will show them!!
well said.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:26 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:

You use some strange words when it comes to the PA. Murdered, forced, ransom. Those are words you use to describe the situation people who willingly play hockey for a lot of money find themselves in, no matter what deal they come up with.

The only people that are forced to do anything are the owners in terms of having to pay a certain amount to players, and nobody should cry for the owners either.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Hopefully there's no Lockout Thread III.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

What stage of grief are you in? I'm entering acceptance and it is a great place to be!

Thanks NHL and NHLPA, a-holes! C-suckers! Penis heads! Rat's cornholes! Droopy boobies! wrinkled taint!

dang.. I guess I still have a little anger to get out.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:37 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I've been playing a lot of Xbox due to the lockout. The good news is my hand eye coordination is off the charts. The bad news is that is only useful when playing Xbox.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
SLang

Surprised there's not a thread on this!!!

Wow, so the Kings won their first round playoff series in a hard-fought game 5 last night at Vancouver. Awesome play by Trevor Lewis to strip the puck from Hamhuis in OT with a great top-shelf goal for Stoll.

I'm guessing it's not being discussed because I watched it on my DVR because there's NO ******* HOCKEY ON RIGHT NOW.

Seriously, though, the fact that we won the Stanley Cup last season has until this point carried me through this lockout. Unfortunately that's wearing off now due to the increasing likelihood that there will be no season, thus robbing us all of the very unusual opportunity to see our SC-winning team defend their title virtually intact, personnel-wise.

And that SUCKS.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
SLang

Sorry mods, probably should have put this in the lockout thread....

Old
11-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Damn, I thought the lockout was over when I read the thread title.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I've been playing a lot of Xbox due to the lockout. The good news is my hand eye coordination is off the charts. The bad news is that is only useful when playing Xbox.
Quick! join the air force or navy! Show them your talent.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

So if the lockout ends when the player cave, which im assuming is the likely scenario (i havn't followed at all, but i'm assuming the players are more desperate for the money), they will bend to the owners demands, then will have lost a year of play time and money to achieve nothing right?

That was poorly worded, but when the lockout ends, im guessing the amount of the players make over the next cba will be less than if they had taken the owners best offer before the start of the lockout

Old
11-12-2012, 03:32 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

Ever wonder why the owners' initial offer was a 57/43 split in their favor?

I know it's a ludicrous proposal, right?

Old
11-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
So if the lockout ends when the player cave, which im assuming is the likely scenario (i havn't followed at all, but i'm assuming the players are more desperate for the money), they will bend to the owners demands, then will have lost a year of play time and money to achieve nothing right?

That was poorly worded, but when the lockout ends, im guessing the amount of the players make over the next cba will be less than if they had taken the owners best offer before the start of the lockout
This has pretty much been my position all along. The players' position makes little to no sense to me. Are they trying to be martyrs for future professional hockey players? they are playing hardball with themselves (that's what she said).

Old
11-12-2012, 05:04 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
All anyone needs to know about Franchise value is in the NHL.

The freakin Loser Browns sold for what ? 1.2 Billion....THE BROWNS..

The Jags ? 750Million.....

The NHL is asking 250million for PHX. Also the NHL had to cover some losses on that deal, so the team would even sell.

Thrashers 170 Million plus a relocate Fee...

Pathetic.
How is that "pathetic?"

The NHL isn't as big as the NFL. Big deal.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Hopefully there's no Lockout Thread III.
The season will have already been cancelled before we can get to that event.

I want my hockey.

11-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
What stage of grief are you in? I'm entering acceptance and it is a great place to be!

Thanks NHL and NHLPA, a-holes! C-suckers! Penis heads! Rat's cornholes! Droopy boobies! wrinkled taint!

dang.. I guess I still have a little anger to get out.
Kings are in a good position. When (if?) the lockout ends, they may be the one team that won't be booed off the ice when the season starts (one of the benefits of being the defending Stanley Cup champions).

Now, if they start on the road, that's a different story altogether.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:08 PM
damacles1156

One Good thing about this lockout is; the Kings are getting good rest.

Pretty good bet the Kings avoid the Stanley Cup Hangover. Although everyone is probably going to be pretty rusty (Quick especially).

Old
11-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
This has pretty much been my position all along. The players' position makes little to no sense to me. Are they trying to be martyrs for future professional hockey players? they are playing hardball with themselves (that's what she said).
I refuse to believe everyone in the world but the players noticed this back in August, there's just no way they're that dense.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:27 AM
Master Yoda
Master Deano

Quite frankly at this point, I think the pure hatred towards Bettman is seriously clouding their judgement, and the players can't seem to think rationally (or mathematically) because of it.

I really hope, for the average to marginal players' sake, they get this done sooner rather than later. Guys who are fringe NHLers, who hasn't quite cashed in yet, they're the real losers in all this, perhaps even more so than the fans. Financially, they may never get a chance to make NHL salary, which they could or would have got this year.

Closed Thread