HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: The Walking Dead

Old
11-11-2012, 12:42 AM
JSC
Registered Sniper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
I have a feeling Morgan will make a re-appearance in some sort of life saving or sacrificing circumstance. Maybe he will kill the governor or Merle?

I'm still in shock that Lori just died.
What would be interesting is what Rick would do if he and his son wanted to join them but the group didn't allow them to.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:17 PM
bardfromedson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Anyone think the man (the guy that was about to shoot his zombie wife) and his son who took in Rick when he was fresh out of the hospital in Season 1 comes back at all throughout the series?
for sure.
on another note. how many episodes until they get some eye candy to join the group. Lori is gone and the farmers daughters are take it or leave it. i say they find some damsels in distress in the next three episodes.

bardfromedson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
What would be interesting is what Rick would do if he and his son wanted to join them but the group didn't allow them to.
No kidding. Rick is slowly becoming a man possessed with one objective goal in mind. Protecting and preserving what's left of his family and no one will stop him accomplishing that. You think this child will be some sort of hybrid because of the natural state of infection or experience any sort of symptoms from the circumstances of her birth? Far fetched I know but there has to be some significance with a post-apolyptic baby outside of its moral importance.

His transformation reminds me very closely of Walt Whitmans on Breaking Bad. Survival of the fittest.

Last edited by Grod: 11-11-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:57 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
His transformation reminds me very closely of Walt Whitmans on Breaking Bad. Survival of the fittest.
Whitman is the poet, White is the drug dealer.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Walking Dead meets the shining. Say no more.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Whitman is the poet, White is the drug dealer.
Tell that to Hank..... or wait he may have already deducted such judging by the jaw-dropping expression when he grab some toilet-tainment.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Walking Dead meets the shining. Say no more.
"Here's Ricky!"

Just when you thought these zombies would stop at nothing then all of a sudden we get to see a satisfied glutton with a full belly of an innocent humans remains Now I've really seen it all.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Stoneman89

The Edmonton Eskimos = The Walking Dead.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:50 AM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Quote:
No kidding. Rick is slowly becoming a man possessed with one objective goal in mind. Protecting and preserving what's left of his family and no one will stop him accomplishing that. You think this child will be some sort of hybrid because of the natural state of infection or experience any sort of symptoms from the circumstances of her birth? Far fetched I know but there has to be some significance with a post-apolyptic baby outside of its moral importance.

Yup. I watch Breaking Bad like a mad man, and the transformation is eerily similar to Walter White. Walt is more of a bad ass though.

As for the child, I don't think she(?) will be a hybrid, but you never know, I guess. I'm more interested to see how Rick and Carl will feel towards the baby, since she cost Lori her life. Gotta love these AMC shows, they really bring it.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

That episode was disappointing.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Yup. I watch Breaking Bad like a mad man, and the transformation is eerily similar to Walter White. Walt is more of a bad ass though.

As for the child, I don't think she(?) will be a hybrid, but you never know, I guess. I'm more interested to see how Rick and Carl will feel towards the baby, since she cost Lori her life. Gotta love these AMC shows, they really bring it.
It seems that Carl will handle his Mothers loss with the best interests of his baby sister and Loris wishes in mind. Not that he won't deal with some resentment and a potential desensitized loss of social conscience. Now Rick on the other hand seems to have really lost it after his ruthless zombie axing spree and discovering his wife's remains in a walkers belly. Should be interesting to see how he copes and mostly who is at the other end of the phone line. That will be revealing in some sort of way. Not really sure who it is though. Any theories?

Old
11-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Why?

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

What I want to know is: Where is the rest of Laurie? Are we supposed to believe that ONE walker ate her whole body, bones and all, with nothing left but a little bit of hair coming out of his mouth?

Neilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilio View Post
What I want to know is: Where is the rest of Laurie? Are we supposed to believe that ONE walker ate her whole body, bones and all, with nothing left but a little bit of hair coming out of his mouth?
Pretty much. I didn't even see the hair hanging out. That makes that much more creepy though. Hard to believe he ate the bones though. They don't usually consume the bones, amiright?

Old
11-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Why?
I'd assume because it wasnt the tense rollercoaster of excitement the previous few hand been. It had a slower pace with more character development and more adjusting to the new situations. You need these kind of episodes, heck if they killed off a couple regulars every week the show would be done before the end of the season.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:43 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Somehow i knew that people would say this because it wasn't as action packed as the last couple of episodes and didn't have major characters killed off.
I thought that the episode was still very good. The Woodbury storyline got furthered with Michonne leaving (temporarily) and Andrea seeing what is really going on with the Walker Fight Club stuff going on and with The Governer keeping his Walking Daughter alive.
Also, Rick losing his mind and falling into a rage because of it was interesting along with Daryl being his usual badass self and then actually showing a different side of himself with the baby and of course, the Rick phone call at the end.
I thought that this was a very good setup episode for the rest of the season.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
Pretty much. I didn't even see the hair hanging out. That makes that much more creepy though. Hard to believe he ate the bones though. They don't usually consume the bones, amiright?
Not only could they not eat most of the bones, but how is he going to fit an entire adult human being inside of his guts and only look like he just went to the buffet at Fuddruckers?

His stomach would have split open on its own pretty early on if he would have tried to eat her all by himself.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 610
Quote:
Should be interesting to see how he copes and mostly who is at the other end of the phone line. That will be revealing in some sort of way. Not really sure who it is though. Any theories?
Don't let anyone, especially fans of the comic book, ruin the surprise for you.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:04 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 210
Quote:
It seems that Carl will handle his Mothers loss with the best interests of his baby sister and Loris wishes in mind. Not that he won't deal with some resentment and a potential desensitized loss of social conscience. Now Rick on the other hand seems to have really lost it after his ruthless zombie axing spree and discovering his wife's remains in a walkers belly. Should be interesting to see how he copes and mostly who is at the other end of the phone line. That will be revealing in some sort of way. Not really sure who it is though. Any theories?
The governor. Or the black chick. Lori?!?!

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Someone calling on behalf of his credit card company offering him a "really good deal" on supplemental life insurance. The zombie apocalypse won't stop them.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Why?
truth is, I really don't like the scene in woodbury, especially because Andrea was in it. I liked the slower pace to this episode, after all of the **** that happend.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilio View Post
Not only could they not eat most of the bones, but how is he going to fit an entire adult human being inside of his guts and only look like he just went to the buffet at Fuddruckers?

His stomach would have split open on its own pretty early on if he would have tried to eat her all by himself.
You have to remember they're aren't completely human and perhaps his stomach has no walls to control his portions or it just simply exploded and he kept eating. Sort of like the scene off the seven deadly sins, you know the one about gluttony.... Although I do see your point, there's just no way he could devour the bones nor do zombies ever eat them frm what I recall...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Don't let anyone, especially fans of the comic book, ruin the surprise for you.
He's not hallucinating himself into a state of disillusion where he becomes possessed killing anyone he can blame for Loris death is he... Thanks for the heads-up though. I heard the writer has strayed quite a bit from the main plot but it still has the same twists and overall direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
The governor and Merle have to be high on the list. How about the black guy from the beginning.. Or even his newborn daughter calling from her tikes phone.

Last edited by Grod: 11-12-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old
11-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Master Lok

I'm guessing Carol. They never found her body did they?

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

No they didn't. T-bone sacrificed what little was left of his to save her. Hard to believe she found another phone to call it with though.

Old
11-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
I'll throw in comic spoilers for those who feel like looking, in regards to the phone situation.

Spoil:
On the phone it is nobody. Rick hears Lori in it though. This is just basically their way of showing just how bat-**** crazy he is now.

Last edited by Diamondillium: 11-12-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote