HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2012 NFL Season - Yes, they actually play games in this league!

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2012, 11:12 AM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Peyton has more TD's in his last 5 games than Eli has all season despite not even having a bye week. Eli has also gone three games without a TD pass for the second time in his career, something that Peyton has never done in his entire career. It's also something Rodgers has not done since becoming a starter and something Brees and Brady only did once in their careers both as rookies.

The Giants are a very good team that usually go through this midseason slump before turning on the jets at the perfect time heading into the playoffs. Eli is a very good QB but I will reiterate a point I've made consistently the last two seasons: There are four elite QB's in this league and Eli is not one of them.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Richer's Ghost
You are reading this

vCash: 425

All were concussed in the last 18 hours.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
11-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
who the hell cares if he is 'elite' or not

he has 2 super bowls. thats all Giants fans care about.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
And it's not like you couldn't tell he was concussed either. It was pretty clear he was shaking off the cobwebs after that hit.
What is terrifying is this may be his 6th career concussion dating back to college

Its a real disputed issue that came up last time he got concussion ,, If it truly is near that amount

Bears have the D to win a SB

We have a talented QB , #1 WR , good 1-2 punch at RB

But our OC is terrible , Our OL is terrible and our TE's are absolute joke... Not to mention without Jeffrey in lineup our WR depth is bleak

If Bears could get offense going ,, This team could be best in NFL... But as it stands now the Bears offense is just as dysfunctional as the Jets or Chiefs offense

Old
11-12-2012, 11:58 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
aren't you a Jets fan.....?

yea. get bent.
Yeah I'm a Jets fan but I already have known for a long while that my team sucks.

Funny thing is that your Dolphins celebrated like they won the friggin' SuperBowl after beating my pathetic Jets.

And that pic of that lineman(or whoever he was) waving at the Jets was really funny because I was immediately thinking what his feeling is now at this moment.....Doubt he feels like "waving" now, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Pretty funny that the Dolphins have a better QB than the Jets

apice, *I* am a better QB than Mark Sanchez.

This is no secret. He sucks. That's not a debate. That's FACT.

That said, though, the Dolphins QB isn't exactly evoking memories of Jay Fiedler, let alone Dan Marino either.

Last edited by glenwo2: 11-12-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old
11-12-2012, 12:35 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Peyton has more TD's in his last 5 games than Eli has all season despite not even having a bye week. Eli has also gone three games without a TD pass for the second time in his career, something that Peyton has never done in his entire career. It's also something Rodgers has not done since becoming a starter and something Brees and Brady only did once in their careers both as rookies.

The Giants are a very good team that usually go through this midseason slump before turning on the jets at the perfect time heading into the playoffs. Eli is a very good QB but I will reiterate a point I've made consistently the last two seasons: There are four elite QB's in this league and Eli is not one of them.
Kinda funny how you were quiet on Eli until the whole team slumped. Also, how is your CJ having a ton more TD than Cruz prediction going?

Old
11-12-2012, 12:41 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
The Jets are pathetic and I hate Mark Sanchez. I really need hockey back in my life quickly.

Old
11-12-2012, 12:46 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

I don't really like Sanchez either

but he has absolutely no receivers to work with

Old
11-12-2012, 12:49 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post

This is also very true and the ones he does have don't know how to catch/hold on to the ball.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:00 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:

Still no excuse for most of the **** he does though, like that throw on the goal line or trying to make Favre-like plays while in the grasp and giving up fumbles as a result. Both have become weekly occurrences.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:04 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Go New England!

Old
11-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Old
11-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post

All were concussed in the last 18 hours.
You, sir, just ruined my day. Knew only about Vick and I don`t even care about him.

****ing thanks.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:09 PM
apice3*

Quote:

Pretty sure Giant fans have cared for a solid two years now. It's alright for them to march up and down about how elite he is, but when someone declares otherwise, it's time to get the torches and pitchforks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Kinda funny how you were quiet on Eli until the whole team slumped. Also, how is your CJ having a ton more TD than Cruz prediction going?
Hadn't had the chance to watch a lot of football earlier this year due to a busy work schedule. Schedule has been a lot easier the past 3-4 weeks or so. Still see the same Eli as I always have. Throws a great deep ball, good at everything else, but by no means an elite QB.

Prediction was wrong so far, but I'd predict the same thing if I can go back and do it again. I don't think there's a single person who would have predicted otherwise. Kinda funny how you were quiet when I made the prediction until CJ slumped as it pertains to TD's.

Old
11-12-2012, 02:19 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post

That said, though, the Dolphins QB isn't exactly evoking memories of Jay Fiedler, let alone Dan Marino either.
Tannehill is a rookie and I've seen him make some throws that Sanchez has never made.

Quote:

Jets have done a terrible job of surrounding him with weapons consistently, but he's never done anything to help his cause. He's had Edwards, Cotchery, and Holmes all together on one squad and still never did anything to elevate his game.

Sanchez needs to be in that game manager type of role. He needs a good D and good running game to succeed, as he had done his first two years. He's never going to be a QB who can win games on his own.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
Yeah I'm a Jets fan but I already have known for a long while that my team sucks.

Funny thing is that your Dolphins celebrated like they won the friggin' SuperBowl after beating my pathetic Jets.

And that pic of that lineman(or whoever he was) waving at the Jets was really funny because I was immediately thinking what his feeling is now at this moment.....Doubt he feels like "waving" now, huh?

waht the hell are you talking about?

Tannehill has played 9 games. and he HAS looked good, if you watched the games. but of course you haven't so

sorry you are ******** that my bad team beat your bad team. thems the breaks.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:15 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Tannehill looked good against the Titans yesterday? He won a couple games early in the season against bad teams, whoopdie damn doo, your best QB is still sitting on the bench and your team played its Super Bowl two weeks ago against the Jets.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:23 PM
apice3*

He hasn't even been in the league a year yet and he has impressed me more than Sanchez probably ever will.

If the Dolphins won their Superbowl, when's the Jet's?

Old
11-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Tannehill looked good against the Titans yesterday? He won a couple games early in the season against bad teams, whoopdie damn doo, your best QB is still sitting on the bench and your team played its Super Bowl two weeks ago against the Jets.
what the **** are you talking about? he beat the team that just OWNED the Giants yesterday in their stadium earlier in the year. look at the talent he has around him at the offensive skill positions. he has FAR exceeded my expectations this year. I didnt even want to draft him and I am eating crow so far.

so he had a bad game yesterday. he is a ROOKIE

my God, are you serious? I didnt think people in this thread were taht uninformed.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:46 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
what the **** are you talking about? he beat the team that just OWNED the Giants yesterday in their stadium earlier in the year. look at the talent he has around him at the offensive skill positions. he has FAR exceeded my expectations this year. I didnt even want to draft him and I am eating crow so far.

so he had a bad game yesterday. he is a ROOKIE

my God, are you serious? I didnt think people in this thread were taht uninformed.
That clown has trashed Wilson before too. It's incredulous

Old
11-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
and the Bengal fans here at work laughed when I told them to take the Bengals in pick 'em this week.
It is quite embarrassing to lose to the Bungles. Giants fans all figured that one for an easy win. Seems like the team did too, maybe that's why none of them showed up.

Quote:

And two Super Bowl MVP awards at that. The recent slump does give some cause for concern, but since this is fairly normal for the Giants at this time of year, and we know Eli will return to form soon enough, it's not a huge problem.

Old
11-12-2012, 04:01 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Because I'm done with this ****** board. xxxxxxxx xxxxx xx xxxx xxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxx. xxxx xxxxx xxxx xx x xxx xxxxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxx x xxxx. x xx xxxx xxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxxx.

We have *******s in here saying Tannehil sucks. It's basically a Bears thread. We've got a dumb Jets fan talking **** for God knows what reason. This thread is as bad, if not worse, than the main board and xxxxxxxx xxxxx xx xxxx xxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxx. xxxx xxxxx xxxx xx x xxx xxxxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxx x xxxx. x xx xxxx xxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxx xxxx.
youre a miserable ****fart. stop hatin on da bears.

Last edited by Richer's Ghost: 11-13-2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: qdp
Old
11-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I'm not sure why people are so wound up about this. It's just football. No need to be so quick to anger.

Old
11-12-2012, 04:06 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
bearssss
diiiitka
sssausage

Old
11-12-2012, 04:07 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Ryan Tannehill is NOT the answer for the Dolphins.

Contraction is.

Closed Thread