Notices

Scott Norton: "Horton should stay out of the way next time"

Old
11-12-2012, 10:36 AM
CDJ*

vCash: 500
Scott Norton: "Horton should stay out of the way next time"

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...69&feedID=3352

Essentially, Tom Sestito's agent made an ass out of himself on twitter. Haggs did a great job on calling him out on it. With the lockout still in tact, I figured this could make for interesting discussion.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:44 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
He doesn't seem too malicious about it...The head up thing is BS though...it was blindside and cheap...I still don't see where he actually hit him in the head though...Nate looked to get more damage from the whiplash effect...and quite frankly shows how minor something can be to trigger another one after suffering a major one...

Last edited by WBC8: 11-12-2012 at 10:55 AM.
WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:12 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Sestino knew exactly what he was doing- this was premeditated; take it from someone who thinks this way

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Classless tweet.

A little ot but Horton is actually one guy that might benefit from the lockout to give him enough time and then some before he resumes playing NHL hockey and reduce risk of another timely concussion.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
No need, Horton probably won't even see him.

Horton played half of the season last year and those 42 games are still more than Sestito has played in the NHL total.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:59 PM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
He doesn't seem too malicious about it...The head up thing is BS though...it was blindside and cheap...I still don't see where he actually hit him in the head though...Nate looked to get more damage from the whiplash effect...and quite frankly shows how minor something can be to trigger another one after suffering a major one...
This. I thought the hit was borderline but with the chippiness of that game the intent was to make the hit from the blindside. I always get pissed about the "keep your head up" excuse to head shots.. big hit i have no problem with it. And there is several hits during the past 3 years where the man lowered his shoulder and went right through his chest or the main contact wasn't the head. I know its harped upon since kids started playing hockey.. doesn't mean you have a right to throw an elbow into someones head (ie cooke) or always leave your feet for a hit.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM
bardown23
Live for hockey

Horton will wreck him next time they play but most likely sestito will be in the ahl or in the press box considering his talent level.

bardown23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:34 PM
StanleyCup2011*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
That's Norton opinion and I guess he is allowed to have one. No big deal.

It's my opinion that the man (Norton) is a idiot and moron. And I'm allowed my opinion.

Only difference is I'd say mine right to his face and he hides behind a little phone.
He's not hiding behind anything. You know who he is. Wo he works for. And where to find him. Feel free to go tell him to his face. You are more "anonymous" than he.

StanleyCup2011* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyCup2011 View Post
He's not hiding behind anything. You know who he is. Wo he works for. And where to find him. Feel free to go tell him to his face. You are more "anonymous" than he.
he looks pretty wimpy to me- I'll take Jamie; and if not I'll fight him- boxing, judo, scratch and kick, rock,paper, sciccors, I will wreck that *****, flip hockey cards against the school window (i'll use Horton, he can use his cheap shot client)

Old
11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
kman22

This is the same guy that was behind the "Make My Day Mondays" initiative that encouraged random acts of kindness. Weird.

kman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:24 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Still don't understand why this hit recieved no attention.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Still don't understand why this hit recieved no attention.
This.

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:01 PM
bruinsfan46

Norton comes off as a squirrelly loser. Keep your head up? Seriously? Horton's head was up, dude got blindsided. Norton seems to be celebrating the hit probably because it's the only notable thing Sestito has done or ever will do in the NHL.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:10 PM
kman22

Pretty sure he'd be out of a job if something ever happened to Dustin Brown, so he must not believe in karma.

kman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:28 PM
DKH

I would bet my Bobby Schmautz hockey stick that Sestino knew exactly who he was 'clipping'. We are not talking James Vanreimsdyk here.

btw his brother played for Albany Devils and against Providence Friday night and the baby B's went after him most of the game- but to be fair about it, Tim Sestino who wore an A, was very entertaining and looked like a pretty good player

I'm sure Norton is a good guy but in my best Michael Irvin 'come on, man'

Old
11-12-2012, 08:50 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I would bet my Bobby Schmautz hockey stick that Sestino knew exactly who he was 'clipping'. We are not talking James Vanreimsdyk here.

btw his brother played for Albany Devils and against Providence Friday night and the baby B's went after him most of the game- but to be fair about it, Tim Sestino who wore an A, was very entertaining and looked like a pretty good player

Saw Sestito quite a bit when he was in Springfield and he seemed like a pretty good guy. There was one game where he hit Lashoff from behind (this was not the norm), but at least he took his medicine, and he got plenty of it. Lashoff's D partner at the time was McQuaid, and he laid one of the worst beatings I have ever seen on Sestito.

All that being said, I think Tom is a punk and that hit was premeditated and dirty.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:25 PM
BubbaBoot

So let me get this straight.....Sestito puts a guy in the English League out with a head shot and gets a 3 game suspension, in 2011 got a 5 game suspension for a head shot while playing in AHL Albany, in pre-season 2011 got a 2 game suspension for a hit from behind and put down Horton for the rest of last season with a head shot......and the agent is crowing about it and telling Horton to watch out?

What a doosh......

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Neely08

I hope Lucic knocks his teeth out again. Perhaps sending him to the minors for good.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

Let me guess, a Haggerty article. Does he have anything better to write about than a TWEET. A freaking TWEET. Don't get me wrong, it was classless from Scott Norton, but an article? COME ON!

Twisted Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 08:49 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Saw Sestito quite a bit when he was in Springfield and he seemed like a pretty good guy. There was one game where he hit Lashoff from behind (this was not the norm), but at least he took his medicine, and he got plenty of it. Lashoff's D partner at the time was McQuaid, and he laid one of the worst beatings I have ever seen on Sestito.

All that being said, I think Tom is a punk and that hit was premeditated and dirty.
The agent obviously mines for talent in upstate NY; must have a good sell, and come across as a good guy but still if Horton was his guy, and Sestino not, he'd be so worried about the cash he could lose he'd be 'tweeting a different tune' (this stuff just comes so natural to me, Joe, but you already knew

Old
11-13-2012, 09:01 AM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman22 View Post
Pretty sure he'd be out of a job if something ever happened to Dustin Brown, so he must not believe in karma.
You don't believe in the Cam Janssen Gravy Train?

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

That "keep your head up" crap needs to go the way of "she was asking for it."

Lambert weighs in via Puck Daddy:

Quote:
This wasn't a case of Horton not keeping his head up at any rate. The only thing of which he is in any way guilty is not being aware that Peter Laviolette sent a gutless nobody like Sestito over the boards, and therefore that any play he made was just as liable to end up with him concussed as on this one. Because this is what guys like Sestito, and Zac Rinaldo and Jody Shelley get paid to do.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...1290--nhl.html

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 10:02 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

Tom's just as good a player as Tim is and in the OHL, Tom was better. This isn't directed at you but when people are pumping Camara's tires they should remember that Tom Sestito scored 42 goals in 60 games in his last OHL season and is every bit as physical as Camara.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 10:11 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
That "keep your head up" crap needs to go the way of "she was asking for it."

Lambert weighs in via Puck Daddy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...1290--nhl.html
It was clearly late and blind, but not a head shot. Definitely scummy though.

Last edited by WBC8: 11-13-2012 at 10:30 AM.
WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote