HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Guelph Storm 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2012, 07:39 PM
  #101
Garyboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
If anyone has a ticket their looking to sell for the OHL/Russian Selects game on Thursday, please let me know. Would love to go, but unfortunately it's sold out. Please PM if looking to sell a ticket or tickets. Thanks.

Garyboy is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 10:28 PM
  #102
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,248
vCash: 500
Hey guys,

If you don't remember me from September when I came in asking about some twitter contacts, my name is Garret. I'm one of the writers for Arctic Ice Hockey (Winnipeg Jets blog at SBN). My duties lately have been following and writing up on the Jets' CHL prospects... I'm also curious because I'm a Jets' fan first, blogger way after haha!

I do watch their games but it's a different angle than you guys and I'm usually watching 2-4 games at a time.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some "fan perspective" on Scott Kosmachuk:
*how he's doing this year
*how has he been developing
*where you see his future
*strengths
*weaknesses

Thanks a ton!! I basically copied and pasted this from a similar request I made from a different OHL thread that I already spammed haha

garret9 is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 12:04 PM
  #103
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Hey guys,

If you don't remember me from September when I came in asking about some twitter contacts, my name is Garret. I'm one of the writers for Arctic Ice Hockey (Winnipeg Jets blog at SBN). My duties lately have been following and writing up on the Jets' CHL prospects... I'm also curious because I'm a Jets' fan first, blogger way after haha!

I do watch their games but it's a different angle than you guys and I'm usually watching 2-4 games at a time.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some "fan perspective" on Scott Kosmachuk:
*how he's doing this year
*how has he been developing
*where you see his future
*strengths
*weaknesses

Thanks a ton!! I basically copied and pasted this from a similar request I made from a different OHL thread that I already spammed haha
He's been great so far this season. Leading the team in points and goals scored. He's been developing very well this season. Plays in all situations, which includes top line duty. His defensive game is pretty good, and he has been playing more on the PK this year. I also love his grit, he's not afraid of contact and will throw a big hit if the situation is right. He also will step up for team mates and isn't afraid of dropping the mitts.

If his offence keeps developing the way it has he might have a shot as a 2nd line right winger, but more likely he tops out as a 3rd liner that can chip in some offence.

Like I said, his strengths come from his physical, aggressive style of play. He is a good skater and has a pretty good shot as well.

I would say his vision and play making aren't exactly strengths. They aren't awful but he certainly won't be a player that racks up assists making plays for others.

He's a solid overall prospect with no skills that really jump out at you. But at the same time, there isn't a whole lot of risk involved with him.

StormSurge9 is online now  
Old
11-10-2012, 12:05 PM
  #104
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Anyone hear on the Jrahockey boards? I have signed up but no one it seems is willing to approve my account.

StormSurge9 is online now  
Old
11-10-2012, 12:40 PM
  #105
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
Anyone hear on the Jrahockey boards? I have signed up but no one it seems is willing to approve my account.
I don't know that one, but the NOOF(new ohl open forum) seems to have been the biggest OHL forum for some time. Going back to the OOF in the 90's I used to post about Wesenberg, Mitchell, Wright, Hay, Ndur, and Regan Stocco having 2 left feet. I had the same problem, getting registered for the NOOF even though I was one of the original posters trying to return. Forgot my username and pw now lol.

Marky9er is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 12:45 PM
  #106
H44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
@ MLBrian

Re: Jr. A boards - After registering i waited for a week or so - then sent them an email asking when i would be approved - i was approved right after that.

H44 is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 12:52 PM
  #107
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,394
vCash: 500
Just realized Guelph is in Brampton tomorrow.....the one day I'm out of town. Not going to have many opportunities to see my team in my town anymore....my loyalty seems to have helped the Battalions demise.

Marky9er is offline  
Old
11-10-2012, 02:23 PM
  #108
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
I don't know that one, but the NOOF(new ohl open forum) seems to have been the biggest OHL forum for some time. Going back to the OOF in the 90's I used to post about Wesenberg, Mitchell, Wright, Hay, Ndur, and Regan Stocco having 2 left feet. I had the same problem, getting registered for the NOOF even though I was one of the original posters trying to return. Forgot my username and pw now lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H44 View Post
@ MLBrian

Re: Jr. A boards - After registering i waited for a week or so - then sent them an email asking when i would be approved - i was approved right after that.
Thanks for the advice, I'll email them and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
Just realized Guelph is in Brampton tomorrow.....the one day I'm out of town. Not going to have many opportunities to see my team in my town anymore....my loyalty seems to have helped the Battalions demise.
Yep it will likely be the last time. It will be an interesting game, hopefully the team can bounce back after last night's loss.

StormSurge9 is online now  
Old
11-12-2012, 03:58 PM
  #109
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Official, Guelph has acquired an OA backup. Keegan Wilson arrives from Ottawa and in return Guelph has sent a 7th round pick.

Figured a move like this was coming. Hopefully now DaSilva will be sent to Jr B and get some real playing time. Just hope he isn't playing for the Guelph Hurricanes (That team is absolutely awful)

StormSurge9 is online now  
Old
11-12-2012, 04:51 PM
  #110
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,394
vCash: 500
Burning an OA spot for a back up, and one who was a rookie last season? Seems odd, but Wilson was pretty decent for Brampton. Wonder who is next, I'd like to see Goodrow.

Marky9er is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 05:16 PM
  #111
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
The 7th rounder was Saginaw's (I believe we received it when we trade them the import pick) so it was just an extra pick.

He was decent in Brampton last season and that's really all he needs to be this season. Decent enough so that he can give Sparks a night off every once in a while. I don't think is going completely all in this season. So any more moves will likely only involve draft picks (if we could get Goodrow for draft picks, I'd be all for it). I just don't think we would move some good 95' players in order to go for it.

StormSurge9 is online now  
Old
11-12-2012, 07:16 PM
  #112
GoalieGuy35
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
The 7th rounder was Saginaw's (I believe we received it when we trade them the import pick) so it was just an extra pick.

He was decent in Brampton last season and that's really all he needs to be this season. Decent enough so that he can give Sparks a night off every once in a while. I don't think is going completely all in this season. So any more moves will likely only involve draft picks (if we could get Goodrow for draft picks, I'd be all for it). I just don't think we would move some good 95' players in order to go for it.
There is no way Ottawa goes with Blair as a starter. Must be trading for a different starter. Maybe Palazzesse, Teichmann or Windsor out of Missy, there has to be another trade coming.

GoalieGuy35 is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 11:56 PM
  #113
GoalieGuy35
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
And Windsor moves to Ottawa, looks like he must've been claimed off waivers.

GoalieGuy35 is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 02:00 AM
  #114
NHL Fanatic
Registered User
 
NHL Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalieGuy35 View Post
And Windsor moves to Ottawa, looks like he must've been claimed off waivers.
Ottawa traded their 2014 5th round pick for Windsor. Haven't really seen much of Guelph this season but has DaSilva been that inconsistent in which management doesn't feel comfortable having him as a backup goaltender. It's gotta be too for a young goaltender who barely see much ice.

NHL Fanatic is offline  
Old
11-14-2012, 11:01 AM
  #115
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Ottawa traded their 2014 5th round pick for Windsor. Haven't really seen much of Guelph this season but has DaSilva been that inconsistent in which management doesn't feel comfortable having him as a backup goaltender. It's gotta be too for a young goaltender who barely see much ice.
If you look at his stats (Tough to do, seeing as he never actually started a game) he has actually played decently apart from the Niagara game in which the whole team played awful except for Fabbri.

Da Silva:

Against Peterborough: Stopped 22 of 23 in 37 mins
Against Windsor: Stopped 6 of 7 in 29 mins
Against SSM: Stopped 2 of 2 in 15 mins
Against Niagara: Stopped 27 of 33 in 47 mins

I think he was fine as a backup, I just don't think they would have trusted him to start for any length of time. It will be good to have him back in Jr. B to get some real starts in.

My only problem with the deal is that Wilson is an OA, and Sparks is eligible to turn pro after this season. Which means the team would have to basically sink or swim with either DaSilva or another rookie with 0 OHL experience.

StormSurge9 is online now  
Old
11-16-2012, 10:22 PM
  #116
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,642
vCash: 500
3 points tonight for Robby FAbbri. Great game for a great kid.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 10:48 PM
  #117
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
3 points tonight for Robby FAbbri. Great game for a great kid.
Good kid but with all that ice and zero goals for so many games, I must admit I was also getting worried for him. He's stayed focused and has finally had things start to open up for him. Hopefully he can continue that and have a strong finish to the season.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
11-16-2012, 11:55 PM
  #118
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Good kid but with all that ice and zero goals for so many games, I must admit I was also getting worried for him. He's stayed focused and has finally had things start to open up for him. Hopefully he can continue that and have a strong finish to the season.
He seems to have adapted after that hat trick. 15 points in 26 games. I bet he gets 50 this year and will almost be a PPG for the rest of the season. Next year im confident that Fabbri will be at 30 goals and 35 assists. He is extremely determined.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
11-17-2012, 11:58 AM
  #119
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
I love Fabbri as a player. Even when he wasn't scoring goals he was still really effective.

StormSurge9 is online now  
Old
11-17-2012, 12:06 PM
  #120
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,642
vCash: 500
Im pretty sure Fabbri will have the C before his time is up in the OHL, at least an A. This kid inspired me sitting in the stands watching him block shots with any part of his body. He took several dirty hits in his junior career and didnt utter a word. I love that attitude. He fights back with his relentless mentality. He gives everything out there. He doesnt care what happens to him. His heart is huge.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 02:28 PM
  #121
NHL Fanatic
Registered User
 
NHL Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,636
vCash: 500
Hunter Garlent back in the lineup tonight

NHL Fanatic is offline  
Old
12-04-2012, 03:36 PM
  #122
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Huge boost to the team.

Finally a game against Kitchener as well!

StormSurge9 is online now  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:27 PM
  #123
Hero
The Corporal Returns
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,139
vCash: 500
Decent group of Guelphites on these boards.
Go Storm

Hero is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:09 PM
  #124
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Someone needs to remind me why we acquired Keegan Wilson...

StormSurge9 is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 10:30 PM
  #125
hockeyplayer11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
what is going on as of late?
dont like garlents's play as of late. Needs to pick it up!!!!

hockeyplayer11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.