Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Guelph Storm 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Garyboy

vCash: 500
If anyone has a ticket their looking to sell for the OHL/Russian Selects game on Thursday, please let me know. Would love to go, but unfortunately it's sold out. Please PM if looking to sell a ticket or tickets. Thanks.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:28 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Hey guys,

If you don't remember me from September when I came in asking about some twitter contacts, my name is Garret. I'm one of the writers for Arctic Ice Hockey (Winnipeg Jets blog at SBN). My duties lately have been following and writing up on the Jets' CHL prospects... I'm also curious because I'm a Jets' fan first, blogger way after haha!

I do watch their games but it's a different angle than you guys and I'm usually watching 2-4 games at a time.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some "fan perspective" on Scott Kosmachuk:
*how he's doing this year
*how has he been developing
*where you see his future
*strengths
*weaknesses

Thanks a ton!! I basically copied and pasted this from a similar request I made from a different OHL thread that I already spammed haha

Old
11-10-2012, 12:04 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Hey guys,

If you don't remember me from September when I came in asking about some twitter contacts, my name is Garret. I'm one of the writers for Arctic Ice Hockey (Winnipeg Jets blog at SBN). My duties lately have been following and writing up on the Jets' CHL prospects... I'm also curious because I'm a Jets' fan first, blogger way after haha!

I do watch their games but it's a different angle than you guys and I'm usually watching 2-4 games at a time.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some "fan perspective" on Scott Kosmachuk:
*how he's doing this year
*how has he been developing
*where you see his future
*strengths
*weaknesses

Thanks a ton!! I basically copied and pasted this from a similar request I made from a different OHL thread that I already spammed haha
He's been great so far this season. Leading the team in points and goals scored. He's been developing very well this season. Plays in all situations, which includes top line duty. His defensive game is pretty good, and he has been playing more on the PK this year. I also love his grit, he's not afraid of contact and will throw a big hit if the situation is right. He also will step up for team mates and isn't afraid of dropping the mitts.

If his offence keeps developing the way it has he might have a shot as a 2nd line right winger, but more likely he tops out as a 3rd liner that can chip in some offence.

Like I said, his strengths come from his physical, aggressive style of play. He is a good skater and has a pretty good shot as well.

I would say his vision and play making aren't exactly strengths. They aren't awful but he certainly won't be a player that racks up assists making plays for others.

He's a solid overall prospect with no skills that really jump out at you. But at the same time, there isn't a whole lot of risk involved with him.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:05 PM
StormSurge9

Anyone hear on the Jrahockey boards? I have signed up but no one it seems is willing to approve my account.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
Anyone hear on the Jrahockey boards? I have signed up but no one it seems is willing to approve my account.
I don't know that one, but the NOOF(new ohl open forum) seems to have been the biggest OHL forum for some time. Going back to the OOF in the 90's I used to post about Wesenberg, Mitchell, Wright, Hay, Ndur, and Regan Stocco having 2 left feet. I had the same problem, getting registered for the NOOF even though I was one of the original posters trying to return. Forgot my username and pw now lol.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:45 PM
H44

@ MLBrian

Re: Jr. A boards - After registering i waited for a week or so - then sent them an email asking when i would be approved - i was approved right after that.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Marky9er

Just realized Guelph is in Brampton tomorrow.....the one day I'm out of town. Not going to have many opportunities to see my team in my town anymore....my loyalty seems to have helped the Battalions demise.

Old
11-10-2012, 02:23 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
I don't know that one, but the NOOF(new ohl open forum) seems to have been the biggest OHL forum for some time. Going back to the OOF in the 90's I used to post about Wesenberg, Mitchell, Wright, Hay, Ndur, and Regan Stocco having 2 left feet. I had the same problem, getting registered for the NOOF even though I was one of the original posters trying to return. Forgot my username and pw now lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H44 View Post
@ MLBrian

Re: Jr. A boards - After registering i waited for a week or so - then sent them an email asking when i would be approved - i was approved right after that.
Thanks for the advice, I'll email them and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
Just realized Guelph is in Brampton tomorrow.....the one day I'm out of town. Not going to have many opportunities to see my team in my town anymore....my loyalty seems to have helped the Battalions demise.
Yep it will likely be the last time. It will be an interesting game, hopefully the team can bounce back after last night's loss.

Old
11-12-2012, 03:58 PM
StormSurge9

Official, Guelph has acquired an OA backup. Keegan Wilson arrives from Ottawa and in return Guelph has sent a 7th round pick.

Figured a move like this was coming. Hopefully now DaSilva will be sent to Jr B and get some real playing time. Just hope he isn't playing for the Guelph Hurricanes (That team is absolutely awful)

Old
11-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Marky9er

Burning an OA spot for a back up, and one who was a rookie last season? Seems odd, but Wilson was pretty decent for Brampton. Wonder who is next, I'd like to see Goodrow.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:16 PM
StormSurge9

The 7th rounder was Saginaw's (I believe we received it when we trade them the import pick) so it was just an extra pick.

He was decent in Brampton last season and that's really all he needs to be this season. Decent enough so that he can give Sparks a night off every once in a while. I don't think is going completely all in this season. So any more moves will likely only involve draft picks (if we could get Goodrow for draft picks, I'd be all for it). I just don't think we would move some good 95' players in order to go for it.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:16 PM
GoalieGuy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
The 7th rounder was Saginaw's (I believe we received it when we trade them the import pick) so it was just an extra pick.

He was decent in Brampton last season and that's really all he needs to be this season. Decent enough so that he can give Sparks a night off every once in a while. I don't think is going completely all in this season. So any more moves will likely only involve draft picks (if we could get Goodrow for draft picks, I'd be all for it). I just don't think we would move some good 95' players in order to go for it.
There is no way Ottawa goes with Blair as a starter. Must be trading for a different starter. Maybe Palazzesse, Teichmann or Windsor out of Missy, there has to be another trade coming.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:56 PM
GoalieGuy35

And Windsor moves to Ottawa, looks like he must've been claimed off waivers.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:00 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalieGuy35 View Post
And Windsor moves to Ottawa, looks like he must've been claimed off waivers.
Ottawa traded their 2014 5th round pick for Windsor. Haven't really seen much of Guelph this season but has DaSilva been that inconsistent in which management doesn't feel comfortable having him as a backup goaltender. It's gotta be too for a young goaltender who barely see much ice.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:01 AM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Ottawa traded their 2014 5th round pick for Windsor. Haven't really seen much of Guelph this season but has DaSilva been that inconsistent in which management doesn't feel comfortable having him as a backup goaltender. It's gotta be too for a young goaltender who barely see much ice.
If you look at his stats (Tough to do, seeing as he never actually started a game) he has actually played decently apart from the Niagara game in which the whole team played awful except for Fabbri.

Da Silva:

Against Peterborough: Stopped 22 of 23 in 37 mins
Against Windsor: Stopped 6 of 7 in 29 mins
Against SSM: Stopped 2 of 2 in 15 mins
Against Niagara: Stopped 27 of 33 in 47 mins

I think he was fine as a backup, I just don't think they would have trusted him to start for any length of time. It will be good to have him back in Jr. B to get some real starts in.

My only problem with the deal is that Wilson is an OA, and Sparks is eligible to turn pro after this season. Which means the team would have to basically sink or swim with either DaSilva or another rookie with 0 OHL experience.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:22 PM
mapleleaf979

3 points tonight for Robby FAbbri. Great game for a great kid.

Old
11-16-2012, 10:48 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
3 points tonight for Robby FAbbri. Great game for a great kid.
Good kid but with all that ice and zero goals for so many games, I must admit I was also getting worried for him. He's stayed focused and has finally had things start to open up for him. Hopefully he can continue that and have a strong finish to the season.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:55 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Good kid but with all that ice and zero goals for so many games, I must admit I was also getting worried for him. He's stayed focused and has finally had things start to open up for him. Hopefully he can continue that and have a strong finish to the season.
He seems to have adapted after that hat trick. 15 points in 26 games. I bet he gets 50 this year and will almost be a PPG for the rest of the season. Next year im confident that Fabbri will be at 30 goals and 35 assists. He is extremely determined.

Old
11-17-2012, 11:58 AM
StormSurge9

I love Fabbri as a player. Even when he wasn't scoring goals he was still really effective.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:06 PM
mapleleaf979

Im pretty sure Fabbri will have the C before his time is up in the OHL, at least an A. This kid inspired me sitting in the stands watching him block shots with any part of his body. He took several dirty hits in his junior career and didnt utter a word. I love that attitude. He fights back with his relentless mentality. He gives everything out there. He doesnt care what happens to him. His heart is huge.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:28 PM
NHL Fanatic

Hunter Garlent back in the lineup tonight

Old
12-04-2012, 03:36 PM
StormSurge9

Huge boost to the team.

Finally a game against Kitchener as well!

Old
12-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Decent group of Guelphites on these boards.
Go Storm

Old
12-28-2012, 08:09 PM
StormSurge9

Someone needs to remind me why we acquired Keegan Wilson...

Old
01-06-2013, 10:30 PM
hockeyplayer11

what is going on as of late?
dont like garlents's play as of late. Needs to pick it up!!!!

Closed Thread