HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 5.0 - CLR Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2012, 02:19 PM
windycity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
right now I just care about him being protected!! right now in juniors and also later with Bulldog and then with our Habs... I don't ever want another Chara-Pacioretty...,
At the risk of going very off topic, how was Patches supposed to be protected? Having a goon doesn't stop guys from getting hurt with cheap shots or otherwise - see Marc Savard

Old
11-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
At the risk of going very off topic, how was Patches supposed to be protected? Having a goon doesn't stop guys from getting hurt with cheap shots or otherwise - see Marc Savard
Ok, sorry...I really don't want this amazing thread (about Galchenyuk) to become a protection VS no protection THREAD.

I just wanted to give my opinion on how i'm only concerned now with some violent tough guy making a name for himself by giving a violent/illegal hit to Galchenuk (I'm a worry bug!).

For example...on our Habs I'd love this for Galchenyuk for his start (so many options):

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Armstrong/Prust/Moen...
OR
Desharnais - Galchenyuk - Armstrong/Prust/Moen
OR
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Armstrong
(one of Moen/Prust/Armstrong to protect/watch over Galchenyuk and Desharnais/Pleks). That's all I'm saying...don't want to ruin this thread with another thread that was about getting a goon or tougher/bigger players (Michel Therrien/Bergevin) OR not getting a goon (Jacques Martin).

Go Galchenyuk Go!!!!!!!

Old
11-12-2012, 05:03 PM
bud12

^ you overrate Armstrong in this department.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
says something about this kid when hes 2nd in the league in scoring and yakupov is NOT on his team

imagine where hed be if yakupov was

Old
11-12-2012, 06:34 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
says something about this kid when hes 2nd in the league in scoring and yakupov is NOT on his team

still 2nd , right after Yakupov

Old
11-12-2012, 07:21 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
Cant argue with your logic.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:28 PM
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 135
5G and 6A in his last 4 games, he is doing great. Here's to hoping this streak doesn't end anytime soon (or ever)

Old
11-12-2012, 07:54 PM
pc_md

Quote:
I lol'ed ... Excellent !

Old
11-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Ok, sorry...I really don't want this amazing thread (about Galchenyuk) to become a protection VS no protection THREAD.

I just wanted to give my opinion on how i'm only concerned now with some violent tough guy making a name for himself by giving a violent/illegal hit to Galchenuk (I'm a worry bug!).

For example...on our Habs I'd love this for Galchenyuk for his start (so many options):

Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Armstrong/Prust/Moen...
OR
Desharnais - Galchenyuk - Armstrong/Prust/Moen
OR
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Armstrong
(one of Moen/Prust/Armstrong to protect/watch over Galchenyuk and Desharnais/Pleks). That's all I'm saying...don't want to ruin this thread with another thread that was about getting a goon or tougher/bigger players (Michel Therrien/Bergevin) OR not getting a goon (Jacques Martin).

Go Galchenyuk Go!!!!!!!
These are all terrible line combinations and Armstrong doesn't remotely scare or intimidate anybody.

If Galchenyuk makes the team I believe he would play with either Plekanec/Gionta or with Eller and one of Prust/Moen/Armstrong/Bourque.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:04 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
These are all terrible line combinations and Armstrong doesn't remotely scare or intimidate anybody.

If Galchenyuk makes the team I believe he would play with either Plekanec/Gionta or with Eller and one of Prust/Moen/Armstrong/Bourque.
The poems line OS the shutdown line with the toughest minutes on the team, terrible for a rookie.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Typical Sportsnet during the intermission of the Super Series. Cox was talking about Galchenyuk for a few seconds and was about to say what he thinks the Habs should do with him once the CBA is signed...then of course, the convo drifted to Rielly.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:27 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post

Behind Yakupov, but would have a nice cushion on Strome. He would have 40-45 points right now.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:30 PM
keepcalmandbeninja

Quote:
Typical Sportsnet during the intermission of the Super Series. Cox was talking about Galchenyuk for a few seconds and was about to say what he thinks the Habs should do with him once the CBA is signed...then of course, the convo drifted to Rielly.
Did he actually say anything about Galchenyuk? I am curious because I have not heard this tidbit but I have noticed that Cox and friends always do that when reporting about anything from the Canadian teams they always compare it to something in Leaf nation and then...make the conversation about the laffs...

Old
11-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
The poems line OS the shutdown line with the toughest minutes on the team, terrible for a rookie.
He Shouldn't be on the top line at this point and he needs to play above the 4th line. Third line duty worked well for Couturier, Giroux, Couture etc.......

That being said I believe he may be a perfect fit with Plekanec and Gionta. The Desharnais line will see the oppositions best checkers and he will get to play with two very experienced and defensively responsible vets. I also believe that he would add some much needed creativity to that line without compromising their defensive responsibilities.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:51 PM
BrimStone64

If Galchenyuk doesn't get injured and miss last season I see strong possiblity he would have gone #1 overall last June. Long before we drafted. Because he seems really well advanced. With Yakupov last year he would have been talk of draft. Big center with skill usually get higher drafting than smallish winger. Then maybe we would have ended up with Teravaninen.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Keep Gally in Juniors but let Sarnia know that he's graduating with the Habs next year so they'd trade him to a contender.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:08 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
If Galchenyuk doesn't get injured and miss last season I see strong possiblity he would have gone #1 overall last June. Long before we drafted. Because he seems really well advanced. With Yakupov last year he would have been talk of draft. Big center with skill usually get higher drafting than smallish winger. Then maybe we would have ended up with Teravaninen.

Sorry I had to laugh, because I just gave Leafs fans **** on the main board for their constant "revisionist history" re: Morgan Rielly and his injury.

Odds are he puts up a beast of a season, but if anything I think he would have just made Yakupov that much better as well and Yakupov would have still been the concensus #1 as a result. Gally probably being the concensus #2.. Slap him on a completely different team, but also with competent and skilled wingers? Maybe he could challenge Yakupov then... But I think he'd have just made Yak that much better.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:14 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
He Shouldn't be on the top line at this point and he needs to play above the 4th line. Third line duty worked well for Couturier, Giroux, Couture etc.......

That being said I believe he may be a perfect fit with Plekanec and Gionta. The Desharnais line will see the oppositions best checkers and he will get to play with two very experienced and defensively responsible vets. I also believe that he would add some much needed creativity to that line without compromising their defensive responsibilities.
He's dominating so well right now, that I think that by the second half of next season he could graduate to the top-6.

However, I'd like him to start on easier minutes, like think of the Desharnais line not from 2011-2012 but from 2010-2011, where it would provide a lot of secondary scoring with players like Pouliot, Darche, etc.

Bourque-Eller-Galchenyuk

Or something like that.

Old
11-12-2012, 10:26 PM
NotProkofievian

I'd love to see him play with Eller. I think their styles compliment each other nicely.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Moneyman2k6

mine would be:
Galchenyuk-Eller- Moen

or galchenyuk-pleky-gionta

I dont like putting Desharnais & Gally in the same line, because they both playmakers and DD can only pass the puck!

Old
11-12-2012, 11:11 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Damian Cox's opinion matters less than a good chunk of posters on this board. The guy is a disgrace.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:17 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
I'd love to see him play with Eller. I think their styles compliment each other nicely.
I'd like to see Eller on Gallys wing. I think they would see similar things and finish each others plays...

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Desharnais-Cole
Eller-Gally-Armstrong
Prust-White-Moen

Old
11-12-2012, 11:24 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I'd like to see Eller on Gallys wing. I think they would see similar things and finish each others plays...

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Desharnais-Cole
Eller-Gally-Armstrong
Prust-White-Moen
I like your lines, but as I remember it, Eller was plain full retard on the wing. Now that I think of it, Gally - DD - Cole would be sick. I don't agree with the other poster that "all DD can do is pass," and I think Gally's and DD's intelligence on the ice would be awesome to watch.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Did he actually say anything about Galchenyuk? I am curious because I have not heard this tidbit but I have noticed that Cox and friends always do that when reporting about anything from the Canadian teams they always compare it to something in Leaf nation and then...make the conversation about the laffs...
They were talking about the few CHLers who are on the ''recall list'' for a training camp once the CBA is signed and how these kids are likely keeping an eye on CBA talks. Since it was an OHL/Russia game, Kypreos talked about Scheifele and praised him for a strong 1st period, then Cox was like ''Then you have Galchenyuk (Sportsnet flashed a Galchenyuk photo, so clearly it was planned)...that's going to be quite a decision. He was drafted 3rd overall by Montreal, so you know all that comes with that. He's 6th in OHL scoring right now and playing very well, but he played so few games last year, perhaps you leave him there...but if he's played 30 OHL games maybe you consider bringing him up.''

Then Millard chimed in quickly with something like ''Oh yeah, same situation as Morgan Rielly!'' just as Cox was seemingly going to say what he would do with Gally...and the convo went towards the Rielly angle for a few seconds. ''He may be ready, but he also did not play much last year'' and what not.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:09 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Thanks for you answers...

So, Galchenyuk CAN join the Bulldogs IF they make the playoffs.
(yup...I did realize it was IF, but just wanted to know about playoffs and if his switch from junior to AHL was possible...'cause funny enough some posters here wrote that he had to join Habs or stay in junior and i believed it! it was just incorrect info).

And, Stortini...no!! (unless you add a very skilled player...who do we have? Gallagher...Leblanc...there's no Bozon, Collberg, Hudon with our Bulldogs yet...they're still developing,etc,etc...). Not Stortini but at least a player who is tough but can also play and not let anyone just try to cripple Galchenyuk....
here are some examples:
Geoffrion - Galchenyuk - Blunden
Geoffrion - Galchenyuk - Gallagher/Blunden
Geoffrion - Galchenyuk - Leblanc/Blunden
Dumont if he can play wing...
There's also Holland...

(can't wait to see Galchenyuk start his pro career...right now I just care about him being protected!! right now in juniors and also later with Bulldog and then with our Habs... I don't ever want another Chara-Pacioretty..., so glad Pacioretty is 100% healthy now and an awesome forward...but could have used him against the Bruins in our last playoff series, but Chara had to do what he did...seek revenge, but glad that's in the past...but still want to write...**** the NHL for not suspending Chara for the rest of the season and playoffs... so not fair that Bruins had Chara and didn't have Pacioretty... that series was maybe ours IF Pacioretty was there,imo).
seriously, are you bolding random names?

Closed Thread