HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Subway Super Series - Yakupov -6GP: 2G 2A

Old
11-10-2012, 04:42 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanji View Post
To be fair, Yakupov was centered by Grigorenko at Junior Summit Series and now by Khokhlachev. Both these guys are really good players; yet guys Yakupov couldn't mesh with. At some point the responsibility should be on Yakupov.
Despite being shadowed, and regardless of linemates, I'd like to see him (at least once) put on a Tarasenko or Kuznetsov performance at this level. He certainly has the talent to do so. But for some reason he hasn't been able to carry a team on his back while being the 'go to guy' yet.
Yaks destroyed the Canadian JR team last January. 4 A's in that game.
This tourny means jack and ****, Yakupov is scoring goals in the KHL with limited opportunity.
HF Oil just being manic depressive again is all.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 07:59 AM
FeedDaPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I didnt see Zharkov have one scoring chance. Yakupov on the other hand had several. They both finished -1, but Yak's - came on the horrible short handed goal caused by Mironov's awful giveaway.
Russia allowed 1 goal... So the players on the ice for that goal all received a "-"... Somehow Zharkov's "-" was worse than Yak's... Don't follow your logic....

Now as for Zharkov's play - did you watch at least ONE of his games in Belleville this season??? I did not think so! He generates a lot of scoring chances every night. BUT, Bulls as a team - for some reason are not scoring much. Zharkov has clearly progressed this season (unlike Yak) - he is playing PK (Burnett is trusting him - that says a lot for his improved defensive game), after not having a single shift on PK last season. What would Zharkov bring if he is not scoring? Sound defensive game and physical presence. What would Moroz bring besides the penalty minutes?

Also, look at the overall talent level on the Bulls - its not that high. Zharkov is a finisher, but he does need a good passer to put them in the net more often. Last season he played on the line with Gaunce - and it paid off very well for both of them on the scoresheet.

As for my comment that Yak is not progressing this season - I know it will cause a firestorm here - Larionov after watching the first two games in this series is clearly disappointed with Yak's development; to a point that he stated that it is unfortunate that Yak is not able to play in the AHL this season instead of KHL. (The interview is in Russian and is about two days old).

Now, I am not saying that Moroz is/will be a bad player - but please, stop watching the stat sheets - pay more attention to the actual game. This is not fantasy hockey!

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Gus Schmidt

It seems that Yakupov has been trying to use his other tools when being closely marked. I saw a lot of good passes to teammates that were not well received. He had a few good chances and probably could have converted more, but I was impressed that he continued to try to make an impact in whatever way he could.

I would really like to see more of Zharkov. He seemed to be close to the action or have the puck whenever on the ice. I can see some talent there. It does not surprise me that many feel that he is a better prospect than Moroz.

Gus Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 01:10 PM
vanoil81

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...ockey_hearsay/

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/11/0...-yakupovs-game

vanoil81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 01:51 PM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck View Post
Russia allowed 1 goal... So the players on the ice for that goal all received a "-"... Somehow Zharkov's "-" was worse than Yak's... Don't follow your logic....

Now as for Zharkov's play - did you watch at least ONE of his games in Belleville this season??? I did not think so! He generates a lot of scoring chances every night. BUT, Bulls as a team - for some reason are not scoring much. Zharkov has clearly progressed this season (unlike Yak) - he is playing PK (Burnett is trusting him - that says a lot for his improved defensive game), after not having a single shift on PK last season. What would Zharkov bring if he is not scoring? Sound defensive game and physical presence. What would Moroz bring besides the penalty minutes?

Also, look at the overall talent level on the Bulls - its not that high. Zharkov is a finisher, but he does need a good passer to put them in the net more often. Last season he played on the line with Gaunce - and it paid off very well for both of them on the scoresheet.

As for my comment that Yak is not progressing this season - I know it will cause a firestorm here - Larionov after watching the first two games in this series is clearly disappointed with Yak's development; to a point that he stated that it is unfortunate that Yak is not able to play in the AHL this season instead of KHL. (The interview is in Russian and is about two days old).

Now, I am not saying that Moroz is/will be a bad player - but please, stop watching the stat sheets - pay more attention to the actual game. This is not fantasy hockey!
Measuring progress year over year solely by a player's performance in the Subway Super Series is pretty foolish.

Last year Yakupov was tearing up the OHL. This year he has more goals than Ovechkin and Malkin in the KHL, having played less games than both.

That is impressive progress.

Sure it would have been better for his development if he was able to play on the smaller AHL ice with RNH, Eberle, and Hall but the rules don't allow for it.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Zine

Quote:

lol. And you expect Larionov to say different? He has a vested interest in getting and keeping kids in North American hockey leagues.

Larionov was a great player, but he's a questionable agent. Yakupov's dad already had choice words about him.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 02:58 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:

Ive watched all of Yak's games and Moroz's games this year.

And you?

Yak scoring all those goals playing in a pro league against men with meager ice time = no progression in your world.

But Zharkov is all that. I never professed to watching Zharkov play with the colts, but was commenting on the game the other night which I did in fact watch.

Go troll some other board.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Oilerz

ANYONE thinking of trading Yak for "other pieces" had better take a look at him in the KHL and the super series, and whats going on down in OKC.

Oilerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Qrispy

Despite a somewhat poor performance at the Super Series, I honestly think Yak is going to be the best of the big 4.

Also, I like Zharkov. I think he has all the tools but the toolbox is still a question mark.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 01:08 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
lol. And you expect Larionov to say different? He has a vested interest in getting and keeping kids in North American hockey leagues.

Larionov was a great player, but he's a questionable agent. Yakupov's dad already had choice words about him.
And those choice words were?....

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:52 AM
FeedDaPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Ive watched all of Yak's games and Moroz's games this year.

And you?

Yak scoring all those goals playing in a pro league against men with meager ice time = no progression in your world.

But Zharkov is all that. I never professed to watching Zharkov play with the colts, but was commenting on the game the other night which I did in fact watch.

Go troll some other board.
I merely restated his agent's opinion. (As for Zine commenting on Larionov's "vested" interest - when do you think Larry makes more $: when Yak is getting $150K in the AHL or 65% of his 2.2mill in the KHL along with bonuses???). Plus knowing that his "vested" interest is constantly being trampled by him bringing the kids overseas to play for peanuts instead of signing them there to guaranteed money - I think he deserves an apology from you )

I have NEVER watched Zharkov play for the Colts He does not play for Barry - he plays for Belleville (that would be the Bulls). While Yak IS putting up the points, his DEFENSIVE game has dropped quite a bit from his days in Sarnia (and yes, I have watched a number of his games live - both in Sarnia and in the KHL).

Again, my post was not designed to troll or to offend. I do think that Zharkov progressed quite a bit since last year. I do think that Yak HAS naturally progressed in his offensive game but has digressed in his defensive game. Both of the kids are clearly displaying that they have worked hard this past summer - Zharkie put on at least 10 lbs of muscle and same goes for Yak, but their respective games are not being developed in a right way. (Again, I think Yak is talented enough to speed up his development when he gets here, but not without some growing pains. Zharkov on the other hand - I do feel that he can jump in on your 3rd or 4th line already. His negatives that everyone has been talking about at draft time - he seems to have addressed majority of them (defensive awareness, physicality, etc.). His streakiness - is what he needs to take care of now.

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:15 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
I merely restated his agent's opinion. (As for Zine commenting on Larionov's "vested" interest - when do you think Larry makes more $: when Yak is getting $150K in the AHL or 65% of his 2.2mill in the KHL along with bonuses???). Plus knowing that his "vested" interest is constantly being trampled by him bringing the kids overseas to play for peanuts instead of signing them there to guaranteed money - I think he deserves an apology from you )

I have NEVER watched Zharkov play for the Colts He does not play for Barry - he plays for Belleville (that would be the Bulls). While Yak IS putting up the points, his DEFENSIVE game has dropped quite a bit from his days in Sarnia (and yes, I have watched a number of his games live - both in Sarnia and in the KHL).

Again, my post was not designed to troll or to offend. I do think that Zharkov progressed quite a bit since last year. I do think that Yak HAS naturally progressed in his offensive game but has digressed in his defensive game. Both of the kids are clearly displaying that they have worked hard this past summer - Zharkie put on at least 10 lbs of muscle and same goes for Yak, but their respective games are not being developed in a right way. (Again, I think Yak is talented enough to speed up his development when he gets here, but not without some growing pains. Zharkov on the other hand - I do feel that he can jump in on your 3rd or 4th line already. His negatives that everyone has been talking about at draft time - he seems to have addressed majority of them (defensive awareness, physicality, etc.). His streakiness - is what he needs to take care of now.
So let me get this straight, Yak's defensive game has dropped quite a bit- can you please be more specific? Did you just say Zharkov is nhl ready, and we can slot him into a third or fourth line asap?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Philly85
Moody'

I don't know how anyone could possibly say it looks like Yakupov has regressed or stagnated, when he's been a PPG player or better at every type or level of competition in the past few years. Matter of fact it's totally laughable.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:06 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Should be a good game tonight, Russia got some rest so I expect them to have a lot of jump. I missed the last game so it'll be nice to see Zharkov.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:24 PM
MoneyGuy

Why is this called the subway series?

MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:24 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Should be a good game tonight, Russia got some rest so I expect them to have a lot of jump. I missed the last game so it'll be nice to see Zharkov.
Don't know if he'll be playing...

https://twitter.com/AOsadchenko/stat...86858582913024

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Trufflepig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Why is this called the subway series?
I think its because Subway sponsors it

Trufflepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:33 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Damn, sounds like he's ineligible.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:13 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Damn, sounds like he's ineligible.
Yup, really sucks for Zharkov but 4 games in 4 nights would be rough.

What I don't understand is how Harrington, Domi, and Griffith are still listed to play for team OHL tonight but Zadarov isn't because of the 4 in 4... If I'm not mistaken none of them took a game off this weekend.

Edit: Turns out 4 games in 4 nights is fine, but it's the limit. The other London players didnt play in the last Super Series games, so they're only at 3 games right now but Zadarov and Zharkov are at 4 in a row.

Last edited by 40oz: 11-12-2012 at 03:35 PM.
40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:41 PM
vanoil81

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...a_ohl_preview/

Hopefully Yakupov has a great game tonight.

vanoil81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Yakupov didn't "jilt" the Sting to go pro Patrick. He simply upgraded his competition for development and challenging purposes obviously. He dropped the puck in Sarnia on opening night with an extremely warm reception as he loves the city that he first played NA hockey in and like all places he plays in is loyal too as much as his supporters. Man this guy is uninformed.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:50 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

vCash: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trufflepig View Post
I think its because Subway sponsors it
I happened to be eating a sub sandwich during last game..sublimital message? I dunno..
Tonight I happened to just pick up soup and sandwich without thinking about thr “subway“ in super series..
however, tonights dinner was picked up at a small local joint that happens to make much better soup and sandwiches than the corporate giant.

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:07 PM
mossy joe
keep it riel

link?

mossy joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Ogurek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy joe View Post
link?
Here you go... http://www.vipboxsports.eu/ice-hocke...am-online.html

Ogurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Wretched Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
I happened to be eating a sub sandwich during last game..sublimital message? I dunno..
Tonight I happened to just pick up soup and sandwich without thinking about thr “subway“ in super series..
however, tonights dinner was picked up at a small local joint that happens to make much better soup and sandwiches than the corporate giant.
Thats too many sandwiches

Wretched Oil is offline   Reply With Quote