HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob Ackles Memorial B.C. Lions Thread #10

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2012, 01:22 PM
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I agree with this. Personalities aside, there is no way that I would trade Harris for Cornish. I think that the way that the CFL is evolving the short pass to the running back is as much of an asset as the run itself. Combined yards is really a better measurement of value these days. Having said that, Cornish is no slouch himself but I just think Harris has a pretty big advantage as a receiver. It's pretty close as to who is overall better though.

I also think overall that BC players get somewhat overlooked because they are so deep at every position. If he hadn't got hurt I think that you could make a good case for Lulay for the award. On defence, Keron Willimas had an amazing year along with Bighill.
The Stamps wouldn't trade Cornish for Harris either.

The offenses are quite different as well. And if you say that a healthy Lulay would've won the MOP award then shouldn't that be taken into account when looking at Harris' receiving stats?

Old
11-07-2012, 01:28 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
The Stamps wouldn't trade Cornish for Harris either.

The offenses are quite different as well. And if you say that a healthy Lulay would've won the MOP award then shouldn't that be taken into account when looking at Harris' receiving stats?
Of the two I prefer Harris although that may be somewhat coloured by their personalities. I think Cornish is one of the more unlikeable guys in the CFL. I also think that having Harris almost tied with Gore as our laeding receiver makes him more difficult to stop than Cornish.
In any event, other than the East West thing I have no issue with any of the nominations. Cornish had a great year with lesser quarterbacking and where he was the key to Calgary's offence and Sherritt also had an amazing year. It does, however, seem a little strange that the team who was head and shoulders above the rest of the league isn't in on any of the major awards. But that's just how things went this year with some record breaking years.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:48 PM
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03

Quote:
Of the two I prefer Harris although that may be somewhat coloured by their personalities. I think Cornish is one of the more unlikeable guys in the CFL. I also think that having Harris almost tied with Gore as our laeding receiver makes him more difficult to stop than Cornish.
In any event, other than the East West thing I have no issue with any of the nominations. Cornish had a great year with lesser quarterbacking and where he was the key to Calgary's offence and Sherritt also had an amazing year. It does, however, seem a little strange that the team who was head and shoulders above the rest of the league isn't in on any of the major awards. But that's just how things went this year with some record breaking years.
Cornish isn't a saint, but he's not a bad teamate in any sense. Cornish isn't one to sugar coat anything, and some people may not like that. He's also a bit immature (as shown by the full moon in Sask). But again he' not a horrible person.

The Stampeders don't use Cornish as a receiver as much as the Lions use Harris as one because Cornish's strength is rushing but that's not saying he's a bad receiver, he's just used as one as much.

It is very close as to who is the better player between Harris and Cornish.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:02 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Cornish isn't a saint, but he's not a bad teamate in any sense. Cornish isn't one to sugar coat anything, and some people may not like that. He's also a bit immature (as shown by the full moon in Sask). But again he' not a horrible person.

The Stampeders don't use Cornish as a receiver as much as the Lions use Harris as one because Cornish's strength is rushing but that's not saying he's a bad receiver, he's just used as one as much.

It is very close as to who is the better player between Harris and Cornish.
No argument there. I think Harris suits our offence more and I like his versatility better. Cornish is a good receiver but Harris is exceptional, IMO. He's also a great blocker.

Old
11-10-2012, 09:53 AM
MikeK

vCash: 50
Quote:
No argument there. I think Harris suits our offence more and I like his versatility better. Cornish is a good receiver but Harris is exceptional, IMO. He's also a great blocker.
You think Cornish is a good blocker or Harris?

Old
11-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 26871
26-23 Stamps. 5 left in 4th.

Saw something rare today. A convert blocked by the Stamps and run all the way back to the Riders end zone for a 2 point convert. I was surprised they didn't get a TD out of that but no, it's only 2 points. Riders still kicked off after that to Calgary.

Quote:
Healthy Lulay puts Reilly on bench

With the Lions' starter ready to play, backup quarterback understands his role

Back to being whole again after a shoulder injury, Travis Lulay is ready to start doing some heavy lifting for the B.C. Lions.

If all goes according to plan, Mike Reilly, the team's backup quarterback, won't see the field again, except in short-yardage situations or as the holder on field goals.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/H...#ixzz2BxiIKk87

All the way to Fire Lake
Old
11-11-2012, 06:19 PM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
The Riders might have scored too fast there, but wow.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:19 PM
LiquidSnake*

Wow. Riders take the lead. Lol

Old
11-11-2012, 06:21 PM
CCF23

Stupid play call on first down.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:23 PM
CCF23

: laugh:

Holy crap.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:23 PM
canucksfan

This is nuts

Old
11-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

What a wild finish.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
What a crazy finish, but the better team won.

Riders just didn't have it this year.

Excited to see Lions vs Stamps.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You have to hate losing, more than you love winning. "
Old
11-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Royal Canuck
M-V-P

vCash: 814
Right now I'm making both the Stamps and the Lions in Madden 12, I got Tate (87) , Cornish (86) and Lewis (80) on the Stamps and Lulay (95 ) , Harris (87) and Simon (86) on the Lions.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:29 PM
LiquidSnake*

Got tickets, lower bowl $78 each for west final. Reasonable price. Can't wait

Old
11-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Rocko604
KEEP SINDEN OUT!

Got mine on Wednesday. $92 for a pair in the lower endzone.

Tickets moving very slow in the upper bowl for this game. Hopefully this is a wake up call for the Lions to do something about their ridiculous pricing structure for the upper bowl. They say the video screen is why they keep prices the same as the lower bowl. Meanwhile, the Cowboys, with a screen 5 times the size of BC Place, price their upper bowl tickets about 40-50% less than the lower bowl.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:01 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 53
Bruce deemed fit to play in Western Final via Twitter.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Great news.

Everyone practice hard this week, then take Saturday off or maybe a meeting and very light practice. That would be my plan.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:27 PM
MikeK

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko604 View Post
Got mine on Wednesday. $92 for a pair in the lower endzone.

Tickets moving very slow in the upper bowl for this game. Hopefully this is a wake up call for the Lions to do something about their ridiculous pricing structure for the upper bowl. They say the video screen is why they keep prices the same as the lower bowl. Meanwhile, the Cowboys, with a screen 5 times the size of BC Place, price their upper bowl tickets about 40-50% less than the lower bowl.
Amen, man! I got my tickets as well but only because I grew up with the Lions and are just as much apart of me as the Canucks are. Unfortunately the Lions have priced themselves right out of reach from families and casual fans so that bond that most people form from actually seeing the team live has been squashed before it even starts. The Lions need to wake the hell up and figure this out. No reason for the WDF not selling out given the circumstances this year.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:22 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
That is good news! Bruce seems to always play big in playoff games which could be huge especially if the other team focuses on Geroy.
As an aside, the Stamps are an easy team to dislike with Cornish, Tate and Nick Lewis on the team. I heard Andrew Harris on the Team this morning and some of that dislike came through despite his best attempts to stay diplomatic. The last spanking at the hands of the Stamps should make motivation for this one pretty easy.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:30 PM
VanIsle

Can't wait for this game, should be a great one with Bruce III deemed fit to play and the great skilled players on the Stamps.

Too bad the Riders didn't make it as I know alot of Rider fans and it would have been great to watch it with some of them.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:33 PM
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03

Quote:
That is good news! Bruce seems to always play big in playoff games which could be huge especially if the other team focuses on Geroy.
As an aside, the Stamps are an easy team to dislike with Cornish, Tate and Nick Lewis on the team. I heard Andrew Harris on the Team this morning and some of that dislike came through despite his best attempts to stay diplomatic. The last spanking at the hands of the Stamps should make motivation for this one pretty easy.
I can understand the Cornish hate, when he's in a bad mood he doesn't hide it and doesn't hold anything back. Plus the whole Harris vs Cornish thing..

Whats wrong with Lewis? He talks? You do realize Bruce, Marsh and Banks talk just as much right?

And what has Tate done other than be a confident player?

Old
11-13-2012, 01:39 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:
I can understand the Cornish hate, when he's in a bad mood he doesn't hide it and doesn't hold anything back. Plus the whole Harris vs Cornish thing..

Whats wrong with Lewis? He talks? You do realize Bruce, Marsh and Banks talk just as much right?

They play for the Stamps..that's reason enough...the fact that Lewis is a grade A db just makes it that much easier.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:41 PM
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
They play for the Stamps..that's reason enough...the fact that Lewis is a grade A db just makes it that much easier.
Just make sure you realize the Lions have players who talk and act just like Lewis lol.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:21 PM
vanwest

Quote:

Look I know it's football and every team has its share of trash talkers, including us. The leadership group of the Stampeders being Cornish, Lewis and Tate just stands out to me and I believe to the Lions as well. I wouldn't say that about any other team in the CFL. If you compare Harris, Lulay, Bighill and say Geroy Simon to Lewis, Cornish and Tate I think that you can see a pretty clear difference. I think the Lions from listening to Harris feel the same about Calgary. And I don't think you'd see the same emotions if any other Western team was involved in the playoffs.

Closed Thread