HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Matt Duchene for Morgan Rielly

Old
11-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
How did his third season go? I'm not pushing for the trade personally nor am I putting down Duchene and his upside but pretending like his disastrous third year didn't happen and putting him with those names is a tad bit disingenuous.
I've actually done the math and even with his 3rd season in which he only played 58 games and only put up 28 points, it would drop him down to about 9th or 10th on that list amongst active players.

Had he played all 82 games and been healthy throughout the year and put up that kind of season, fine, and I don't know how many people would be arguing, there would be way more question marks.

And to respond to your 'disingenuous' comment, I am basically providing you with facts regarding his first 2 seasons and saying 'show me ONE player, that has put up that kind of production as an 18 and 19 year old, and gone on to regress afterwards and only become even an average player' (serious injury notwithstanding obviously)...and to this date, no one has come up with even ONE name. So how exactly am I being disingenuous???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
If Rielly keeps up his performance this year, I see no reason why a one for one couldn't be done, HF opinions be damned. I think the talent is pretty equal. I like Rielly, but I'd not be upset if he was traded for Duchene. I think he'll be a legitimate first line center, and his speed, creativity and vision would look great playing alongside Kessel
Well let's see. Morgan Rielly is playing JUNIOR HOCKEY this year, that's why.

While his point-per-game season this year so far is impressive, it's as equally impressive as 'WHL Defenseman of the Year - 2010', Tyson Barrie's season when he put up 72pts in 63 games (19 goals). It's also as impressive as '2011 WHL Defenseman of the Year', Stefan Elliott's 81 points in 71 games played (31 goals). Both, by the way, are Colorado Avalanche draft picks and not really close to having Rielly's potential.

If you want to use JUNIOR performance to prove a point, Rielly better start putting up Fogarty numbers pretty soon or else please forgive Avs fans if they say 'pass'. [I had the priviledge of seeing Bryan break Bobby Orr's record live while playing for the Thunder]

By the way, I'm a HUUUUUUGE Morgan Rielly fan, I think he's got #1 d-man upside, I think he could potentially be a franchise defenseman but until he gets to the NHL and starts doing it there, there is no way the Avs do this.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 12:41 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I've actually done the math and even with his 3rd season in which he only played 58 games and only put up 28 points, it would drop him down to about 9th or 10th on that list amongst active players.

Had he played all 82 games and been healthy throughout the year and put up that kind of season, fine, and I don't know how many people would be arguing, there would be way more question marks.

And to respond to your 'disingenuous' comment, I am basically providing you with facts regarding his first 2 seasons and saying 'show me ONE player, that has put up that kind of production as an 18 and 19 year old, and gone on to regress afterwards and only become even an average player' (serious injury notwithstanding obviously)...and to this date, no one has come up with even ONE name. So how exactly am I being disingenuous???

While his point-per-game season this year so far is impressive, it's as equally impressive as 'WHL Defenseman of the Year - 2010', Tyson Barrie's season when he put up 72pts in 63 games (19 goals). It's also as impressive as '2011 WHL Defenseman of the Year', Stefan Elliott's 81 points in 71 games played (31 goals). Both, by the way, are Colorado Avalanche draft picks and not really close to having Rielly's potential.

If you want to use JUNIOR performance to prove a point, Rielly better start putting up Fogarty numbers pretty soon or else please forgive Avs fans if they say 'pass'. [I had the priviledge of seeing Bryan break Bobby Orr's record live while playing for the Thunder]

By the way, I'm a HUUUUUUGE Morgan Rielly fan, I think he's got #1 d-man upside, I think he could potentially be a franchise defenseman but until he gets to the NHL and starts doing it there, there is no way the Avs do this.

S3rkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:28 PM
MikeC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post

Great answer!!!!

But when you that Barrie and Elliott are not really close to having Rielly's potential I am not sure of it.

I saw Barrie play a few times this year and this kid see the ice better than 80% of the Avs Dmen at the moment and by the end of the year, (if we have a hockey season) I think that he will run our power play.

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote