HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Fight Announcements & Rumors - Part 6

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
PG is just predicting.
Yea, Koscheck called Diaz out for the Superbowl card, but Diaz will still be under suspension at that point so this card in Anehim seems like a natural fit for that fight if it happens.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:56 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
The UFC doesn't book fights until someone is off suspension and re-licensed. Diaz would have to be off suspension, granted a new license, and still have time to train for a fight.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:30 PM
I Am Beat You

Not sure if it's appropriate to post a link, but Anthony Perosh broke his toe and it's beyond ****ed up. Check out twitter and see the pic, it's crazy. Needless to say, he's out of his bout on UFC on FX 6 vs Joey Beltran.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:37 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudas View Post
Not sure if it's appropriate to post a link, but Anthony Perosh broke his toe and it's beyond ****ed up. Check out twitter and see the pic, it's crazy. Needless to say, he's out of his bout on UFC on FX 6 vs Joey Beltran.
I saw the pic and came to post this. Warning - it is ****ing nasty.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Holy hell is that horrific to look at.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
11-12-2012, 11:08 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Holy hell is that horrific to look at.
Apparently he was just going for a routine takedown and it got stuck in between two mats. Brutal.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
The UFC doesn't book fights until someone is off suspension and re-licensed. Diaz would have to be off suspension, granted a new license, and still have time to train for a fight.
Not really true. Chris Leben has been scheduled to fight Karlos Vemola at UFC 155 for 2 months now. His suspension isn't lifted until the end of this month. Now I know this suspension was issued by the UFC, but it's really no different. Doing some quick research there are several examples of fighters being linked to fights prior to their suspensions being lifted, Stephan Bonnar and Hermes Franca for example.

Nick Diaz won't have any issues getting a license out of the CSAC once his suspension with the NSAC is expired at the start of February, it's really not an issue at all.

Last edited by Peter Griffin: 11-12-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old
11-12-2012, 11:48 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Not really true. Chris Leben has been scheduled to fight Karlos Vemola at UFC 155 for 2 months now. His suspension isn't lifted until the end of this month. Now I know this suspension was issued by the UFC, but it's really no different. Doing some quick research there are several examples of fighters being linked to fights prior to their suspensions being lifted, Stephan Bonnar and Hermes Franca for example.

Nick Diaz won't have any issues getting a license out of the CSAC once his suspension with the NSAC is expired at the start of February, it's really not an issue at all.
Dana has always said they won't book fights until fighters are reliscensed so Leben is pretty different with that being an internally inflicted punishment. Then again this is Dana White we're talking about.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Dana has always said they won't book fights until fighters are reliscensed so Leben is pretty different with that being an internally inflicted punishment. Then again this is Dana White we're talking about.
I've heard Dana talk about honoring suspensions handed down from athletic commissions, don't think I ever re-call him saying they won't book fights that take place after a suspension is to end prior to that suspension ending. Like I said, they've done it before.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:03 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
I've heard Dana talk about honoring suspensions handed down from athletic commissions, don't think I ever re-call him saying they won't book fights that take place after a suspension is to end prior to that suspension ending. Like I said, they've done it before.
I can't find any examples but I know I've heard him say that on at least one occasion. Hard to track down who he said it about and in which interview since there are hundreds out there on the internet.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:28 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Apparently he was just going for a routine takedown and it got stuck in between two mats. Brutal.
I've seen some bad injuries in person but dear lord is that bad.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Peter Griffin

And I thought Jon Tuck's broken toe looked painful.

Old
11-13-2012, 01:20 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
I can't find any examples but I know I've heard him say that on at least one occasion. Hard to track down who he said it about and in which interview since there are hundreds out there on the internet.
I'm pretty sure he said it about Overeem. People were asking him if Overeem will headline the end of year card but he said they can't do that. That event is on December 29th and the earliest Overeem can reapply for a license is December 27th. Even if there is a 99% chance he gets his license, that's still cutting it very close. That's their big event at the end of the year and they're going to spend millions promoting it. They can't risk something going wrong at the hearing.

Diaz is different because his suspension ends in early February (4th?) and that Anaheim card is on February 23rd. So they'll have around 3 weeks to find a replacement if for some reason he isn't allowed to fight. He probably won't be headlining either so it won't be that big of a deal if they have to pull him from the fight.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Hendo/Machida at 156/157
Bigfoot/Overeem at 156.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Bigfoot/Overeem at 156.
Interesting fight, aren't both guys with the Blackzilians? I'm glad Overroid won't get an immediate title shot as was widely rumoured and Silva is no slouch, his ground game could give Alistair trouble if he pulls guard.

Also, hopefully this booking on the superbowl card means that the Hendo/Machida fight gets moved to the main event of the Anaheim card, that fight should be a 5 rounder.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Interesting fight, aren't both guys with the Blackzilians? I'm glad Overroid won't get an immediate title shot as was widely rumoured and Silva is no slouch, his ground game could give Alistair trouble if he pulls guard.

Also, hopefully this booking on the superbowl card means that the Hendo/Machida fight gets moved to the main event of the Anaheim card, that fight should be a 5 rounder.
I think Bigfoot is at ATT but has trained with the Blackzilians. Not an easy fight for Ubereem at all.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Not a big fan of this since it delays the inevitable JDS/Overeem fight even further but at least now we won't have to hear people complain about Overeem getting an immediate title shot after serving his suspension.

Bigfoot has been running his mouth for a while even though the only notable win he has is over Fedor who he outweighed by 40 lbs or so. It'll be nice to see him get crushed once again. Overeem finishes him within two rounds and he'll make it look easy.

Thought this was funny:

Quote:
@AdamHillLVRJ: note on Overeem story: NAC has asked Reem's rep twice for a contact # in case they need to reach him. No response. Wont play well at hearing
Overeem is already avoiding them.

Last edited by Avs_19: 11-14-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old
11-14-2012, 01:31 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Not a big fan of this since it delays the inevitable JDS/Overeem fight even further but at least now we won't have to hear people complain about Overeem getting an immediate title shot after serving his suspension.

Bigfoot has been running his mouth for a while even though the only notable win he has is over Fedor who he outweighed by 40 lbs or so. It'll be nice to him get crushed once again. Overeem finishes him within two rounds and he'll make it look easy.

Thought this was funny:

Overeem is already avoiding them.

Inevitable Overeem/JDS fight? No. Cain will win his title back, Overeem will beat Bigfoot and earn the next title shot, and JDS will fight his way back up to a trilogy with Cain after Cain beats Overeem.

Only half kidding. Please happen.

Old
11-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Cain is going to win the title back. Overeem/JDS may be inevitable as a #1 contender fight.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:08 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Cain is going to win the title back. Overeem/JDS may be inevitable as a #1 contender fight.
Very, very small chance of that happening while JDS is champion.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:02 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Bloody Elbow ‏@BloodyElbow
Report: Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida unlikely for UFC 156 http://sbn.to/ZL6vpl

Old
11-14-2012, 04:09 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Carwin out of bout with Nelson

Just now on Twitter, UFC President Dana White announced that Shane Carwin was injured and would not be able to fight Roy Nelson at the TUF Finale:

WOW!! It never ends Carwin blew his knee out. Looking for a new opponent for Roy on the TUF Finale on FX.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...t-with-Nelson/

Old
11-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Carwin out of bout with Nelson

Just now on Twitter, UFC President Dana White announced that Shane Carwin was injured and would not be able to fight Roy Nelson at the TUF Finale:

WOW!! It never ends Carwin blew his knee out. Looking for a new opponent for Roy on the TUF Finale on FX.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...t-with-Nelson/
Just kill TUF. Second TUF in a row ****ed by an injury to a coach. Struve was looking for a fight...rematch with Roy. I can't think of anyone else..Kongo? Miocic? Barnett? (doubtful)

Last edited by Gene Parmesan: 11-14-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old
11-14-2012, 04:59 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Maynard injured, Miller replacing...

UFC ?@ufc
PLUS Gray Maynard injured, out of Lauzon fight at UFC 155 - Jim Miller stepping in to take his place.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....1&page=1&pc=18

Old
11-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Maynard injured, Miller replacing...

UFC ?@ufc
PLUS Gray Maynard injured, out of Lauzon fight at UFC 155 - Jim Miller stepping in to take his place.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....1&page=1&pc=18
I like this fight more..Miller/Lauzon hitting the mat will be great to watch.

Closed Thread