HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part III

View Poll Results: Would you accept the Edmonton Oilers acquiring Luongo from the Vancouver Canucks?
Yes 103 35.64%
No 186 64.36%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2012, 03:15 PM
  #326
Bergeron47
Registered User
 
Bergeron47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Pass on Horton, too much of a injury risk for the contract he'll be asking for. He's also a RW and not a C and is UFA next year.
It's true, he a RW. There's not too many big 2nd line C's out there.. I wonder if Brian Boyle could handle it, he scored 21 goals 2 seasons ago, but did very little offensively last year on the 3rd line. Scoring 21 goals with Prust & Fedotenkos a pretty big feat though. He's be ideal if he was capable, he's like 6'7" or something..
Sean Couturier would be great, but they'd be asking for one of the big 5.
I hear Hanzal's name a lot, but can't imagine them trading their only big top 6 forward after Doan.

Bergeron47 is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 07:58 PM
  #327
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Bozo Buddies
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
To be fair he plays a lot more minutes than Eager does.
To be fair he's a much more skilled player than Eager and his primary role isn't just to hit. IMO a guy like Eager should have a LOT more hits than Clowe does because that is his role.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 08:03 PM
  #328
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,674
vCash: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
To be fair he's a much more skilled player than Eager and his primary role isn't just to hit. IMO a guy like Eager should have a LOT more hits than Clowe does because that is his role.
Eager never got any ice time last year. Last on the team with 8:32/G.

Clowe had 17:51/G.

Eager is a much better skater than Clowe. Renney didnt have a clue.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 08:31 PM
  #329
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...
 
Booya42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,684
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Eager never got any ice time last year. Last on the team with 8:32/G.

Clowe had 17:51/G.

Eager is a much better skater than Clowe. Renney didnt have a clue.
Yep, Eager's got some serious wheels. He's way faster for a big man than people realize.

Booya42 is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 09:04 PM
  #330
scid14
Registered User
 
scid14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
I honestly think people will be surprised who else is able to stand out this year with Ralph at the helm. I wouldn't make any quick decisions before the season starts unless you are walking out clearly a better team for it.

scid14 is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 09:09 PM
  #331
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
By the sounds of it the NHL won't be playing this year. It is actually not bad for the Oilers as our young guys will continue to develop playing together. Sucks for Horc as he was due to get 6mil this year. Maybe a team will take him with only 2 yrs left on his contract at 4mil and 3mil, one can only hope.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 09:30 PM
  #332
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,907
vCash: 500
I think Ben Eager was misused last year. He's got some skill. He was a first round pick once upon a time.

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 10:08 PM
  #333
Fiddie
Registered User
 
Fiddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
I think Ben Eager was misused last year. He's got some skill. He was a first round pick once upon a time.
Cam Barker.

Fiddie is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 10:26 PM
  #334
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,674
vCash: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddie View Post
Cam Barker.
Sydney Crosby.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 10:30 PM
  #335
Fiddie
Registered User
 
Fiddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Sydney Crosby.
The point of this is?

Fiddie is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 10:37 PM
  #336
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,674
vCash: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddie View Post
The point of this is?
Precisely.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 10:51 PM
  #337
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
By the sounds of it the NHL won't be playing this year. It is actually not bad for the Oilers as our young guys will continue to develop playing together. Sucks for Horc as he was due to get 6mil this year. Maybe a team will take him with only 2 yrs left on his contract at 4mil and 3mil, one can only hope.
Not terrible for development, but it will mean the Oilers likely miss out on a potential impact player at the draft, which could hurt quite a bit going forward.

I want no part of a lockout

SDig14 is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 11:12 PM
  #338
Grod
The New Era Lives On
 
Grod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Sydney Crosby.
Sydney is a city, not a professional hockey person. A captain of a state not a team.

Grod is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 11:14 PM
  #339
Quinteoilers
Registered User
 
Quinteoilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
What about a big fish like Getzlaf for Gagner and a prospect or two.

Quinteoilers is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 11:18 PM
  #340
Fiddie
Registered User
 
Fiddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Precisely.
Mine had a point. To show using the fact he is a first round pick as an reason for him being good is not a reason at all. Yours proves nothing.

Fiddie is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 11:26 PM
  #341
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,674
vCash: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddie View Post
Mine had a point. To show using the fact he is a first round pick as an reason for him being good is not a reason at all. Yours proves nothing.
Oh ok.

Whatever you say then.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-12-2012, 11:50 PM
  #342
Baggers
Registered User
 
Baggers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Thailand
Posts: 1,595
vCash: 500
Eager sucks. His MO has been to play well in short spurts (he does have talent, but a 2 cent head to go with it), then spend the rest of the time taking stupid penalties or disappearing completely. I don't mind him on the 4th line, but playing him more than 10 minutes a game hurts the team more than it helps.

Baggers is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 12:02 AM
  #343
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,674
vCash: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
Eager sucks. His MO has been to play well in short spurts (he does have talent, but a 2 cent head to go with it), then spend the rest of the time taking stupid penalties or disappearing completely. I don't mind him on the 4th line, but playing him more than 10 minutes a game hurts the team more than it helps.
Ken Hitchcock disagrees.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 01:11 AM
  #344
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,121
vCash: 500
Eager needs to know that while him driving the net and trying to score is important, he has to do an equal amount of hitting and **** disturbing in other areas.

We did not sign him to score. We signed him to be crazy first, and score second.

T-Funk is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 01:18 AM
  #345
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,674
vCash: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
Eager needs to know that while him driving the net and trying to score is important, he has to do an equal amount of hitting and **** disturbing in other areas.

We did not sign him to score. We signed him to be crazy first, and score second.
Id be very surprised if he knew what his role was supposed to be.

He hardly played, and when he did get into it, he got benched.

Renney was a clown.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 01:40 AM
  #346
nullterm
Registered User
 
nullterm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port Moody, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Id be very surprised if he knew what his role was supposed to be.

He hardly played, and when he did get into it, he got benched.

Renney was a clown.
Renney probably didn't even know. The answer probably changed after every shift Eager took... the few that he had.

nullterm is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 02:19 AM
  #347
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Id be very surprised if he knew what his role was supposed to be.

He hardly played, and when he did get into it, he got benched.

Renney was a clown.
touche

but for future coaches to use him effectively he needs to know this

hopefully ralph is wise to this

T-Funk is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 02:54 AM
  #348
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddie View Post
Mine had a point. To show using the fact he is a first round pick as an reason for him being good is not a reason at all. Yours proves nothing.
You didn't disprove anything.

Barker has skill, yes he's a bust, that's completely irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make about Eager. Eager, who was once a first rounder, clearly has SOME game that will allow for him to be an adequate complimentary player in small doses. I think he was misused last year. He has good wheels for a big guy and he goes to the net, he's a player i would like to see thrown out with the kids every once in a while.

This is the kind of stuff that ups a players swagger. If he actually gets on the ice, he will be invested in the game and he can do what he needs to do. The fact he was once a first rounder says to me he can easily hold his own.

Mr Forever is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 10:27 AM
  #349
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...
 
Booya42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,684
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Precisely.


Well played sir, well played.


Booya42 is offline  
Old
11-13-2012, 10:39 AM
  #350
nsoilfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinteoilers View Post
What about a big fish like Getzlaf for Gagner and a prospect or two.
oilers would take this and run...depending on the prospects of course.

nsoilfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.