HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

USA Wins WJAC Gold

Old
11-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
but it is still a good sign if you are a USA hockey fan.
I mean, I guess.

We are still talking about probably only a couple players who will even make a World Junior team.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:28 PM
espo*

Went to watch it when they held it in Penticton a couple years back, good hockey, good tournament.

Full marks to the U.S team, the cream rises to the top as usual.

espo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:19 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Awesome we get to the third post before someone starts making the same old excuse for Canada.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:45 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I think your right.

I know that they've gone to every final ? They beat Canada east...

JrA is better out west, really weak out east, but in the central... I.E Ontario it's strong...

So a Central JR.A TC would be strong... An actual east TC wouldn't be.
The entire Canadian East team was made up from players playing is Ontario. No Quebec Junior AAA players or MHL players on the roster.

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:48 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
I mean, I guess.

We are still talking about probably only a couple players who will even make a World Junior team.
I don't think no members of the WJAC team will be on USA's WJC roster come December.. 2014 and 2015 you probably see a couple from this WJAC on the WJC team

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:50 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I think this event tends to indicate that the USHL is far stronger than any Canadian Junior A league individually.

Canadian Junior A hockey is extremely watered down. Sure, if they made one team they'd probably be more of a challenge to the US' USHL composed team but it doesn't change the fact that the talent is far more concentrated in the USHL.
The USHL is the top Junior A league out there. I have seen people say that it's not extremely far off of the Q.

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinkis View Post
Is this the standard Canadian excuse? It sounds familiar!
It's a legit factor though. I would never use it as an excuse, but Canada's missed its best players because they play in the NHL. Just gotta deal with it, I know, but I always wonder what it would look like if it truly was best vs. best. 2005 was awesome...

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:58 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

Here are my thoughts,

USHL is tier 1 in the states although most of their U.S best 1994 prospects are probably true freshman in college but that is besides the point.

Tier 1 in Canada is OHL, WHL, QMJHL. I never really understood why they would face tier 1 (albeit consensus is that it is not as good as Canadian tier 1) against Canadian tier 2 and then on top of that split it into 2 different teams (east, west). I always thought that wouldnt it be more realistic if Canada put together one team from tier 2 and then America split into 2 different teams?

Either way fun games to watch and keep track of especially because of Canada having split into 2 separate teams that means i get to watch many ex team mates/league friends put on a Team Canada sweater!

Hope i didnt come off as bitter cause i am not, just letting everyone know how i think (who cares right)

GuillaumeLetsundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Sad Leafs fan

vCash: 1807
Congrats Team USA.
I love watching the Americans. Their speed is second to none.
Hate to put a damper into my fellow Canadians ego but imagine if the US took hockey serious.
Look at what they're producing now. I have to give credit to USA hockey and their development program which will only get better.

2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:14 PM
rymajn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty View Post
When Canada puts in a full country squad like the US then it might actually mean something.
My dad can beat up your dad!

rymajn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:24 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I think this event tends to indicate that the USHL is far stronger than any Canadian Junior A league individually.

Canadian Junior A hockey is extremely watered down. Sure, if they made one team they'd probably be more of a challenge to the US' USHL composed team but it doesn't change the fact that the talent is far more concentrated in the USHL.
I fully agree.

For example the QJAHL and MJAHL are very weak leagues... The top scorers there average like 4 points per game and wouldn't crack it in the Q...

I think the CCHL, BCHL and AJHL are the closest in caliber to the U, but IMO it's the best JR.A league in NA and probably the world.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:33 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheramone View Post
Here are my thoughts,

USHL is tier 1 in the states although most of their U.S best 1994 prospects are probably true freshman in college but that is besides the point.

Tier 1 in Canada is OHL, WHL, QMJHL. I never really understood why they would face tier 1 (albeit consensus is that it is not as good as Canadian tier 1) against Canadian tier 2 and then on top of that split it into 2 different teams (east, west). I always thought that wouldnt it be more realistic if Canada put together one team from tier 2 and then America split into 2 different teams?

Either way fun games to watch and keep track of especially because of Canada having split into 2 separate teams that means i get to watch many ex team mates/league friends put on a Team Canada sweater!

Hope i didnt come off as bitter cause i am not, just letting everyone know how i think (who cares right)
The Q, O, and dub would be major junior. The USHL is Tier I Junior A. The NAHL (in the U.S.) is Tier II Junior A. I'm not saying you're wrong, because I know we call juniors different things. I think it's just easier to call them major junior and the rest Junior A and such.

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:49 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
The Q, O, and dub would be major junior. The USHL is Tier I Junior A. The NAHL (in the U.S.) is Tier II Junior A. I'm not saying you're wrong, because I know we call juniors different things. I think it's just easier to call them major junior and the rest Junior A and such.
yes sorry forgot about that little difference, the USHL's Waterloo Blackhawks did well against the OHL's Sudbury Wolves, wolves only won 2-0. I think a USHL all star team could alright against a Canadian Tier 1.
I forgot to mention in my last post that i would like to see the NAHL put in an allstar team either instead of USHL one(for the most part) or put 1 from USHL 1 from NAHL

GuillaumeLetsundress is offline   Reply With Quote