HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky to DET

Old
11-12-2012, 07:06 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Hemsky would cost Smith and a 1st from DET; if you can't give that up then I guess a deal can't be done.
That isn't even productive to the conversation because of how out of whack that statement is.

Smith isn't moving anywhere, think of him as you would one of the Oilers big four only there is only one of him. They wouldn't include him in the Nash or Yandle offers. So yeah Hemsky isn't getting his name anywhere near a trade.

I wouldn't like it because I haven't given up on him but my guess is Kindl is available.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Hemsky would cost Smith and a 1st from DET; if you can't give that up then I guess a deal can't be done.
If that's the price Hemsky is going to be an Oiler for life.

Nyquist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:58 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
That was a really funny joke

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:00 PM
joe89

Sure.. if they take Bert and Cleary back.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 08:49 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Also, just curious about Tvrdon as I don't know much about him. Would he be comparable to Hartikainen? If so, I'd definitely be interested in acquiring him in a different deal. Maybe if (and it's a lot of ifs) we have an NHL season, and we're out of playoff contention while the Wings are in it, and Whitney has had a healthy season, perhaps Tvrdon and a 2nd is on the table for a rental of Whitney.
Not even close really. Hartikainen is much bigger, stronger, and physical than Tvrdon. Tvrdon has better hands, better shot, and is a much better skater. I'd say he's more like Hall lite than Hartikainen. And for the record, as someone who's watched all Tvrdon's games this year, 6'2, 220 is VERY generous

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:26 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Not even close really. Hartikainen is much bigger, stronger, and physical than Tvrdon. Tvrdon has better hands, better shot, and is a much better skater. I'd say he's more like Hall lite than Hartikainen. And for the record, as someone who's watched all Tvrdon's games this year, 6'2, 220 is VERY generous
I do agree that Tvrdon doesn't play as physical. But he must really know some people because his size goes back to being drafted, the Wings summer camps put him at the same measurements. It isn't just Vancouver pumping those out. He could use more physicality and awareness of what is actually going on in the defensive zone. I think he will pan out, but I expect a rough transition in the AHL, where a coach will bench him for how he goes about his defensive zone work. But his speed should help there, just curious what happened to the guy that used to be decent on the pk from time to time.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:10 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I do agree that Tvrdon doesn't play as physical. But he must really know some people because his size goes back to being drafted, the Wings summer camps put him at the same measurements. It isn't just Vancouver pumping those out. He could use more physicality and awareness of what is actually going on in the defensive zone. I think he will pan out, but I expect a rough transition in the AHL, where a coach will bench him for how he goes about his defensive zone work. But his speed should help there, just curious what happened to the guy that used to be decent on the pk from time to time.
Just to clarify, I wasn't knocking him. I'm a big fan. The Hartikainen comparison just didn't fit. Harti looks for the big hit whenever possible, and while Tvrdon certainly doesn't shy away from ANY contact, he'd rather pick someones pocket instead. I'm actually quite curious about his size now. I had him pegged around 5'11, 190 since he's looks about 2-3 inches shorter than guys like Sward and Burns (who are actually all listed on most sites as being SMALLER) but still fairly solid

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Roof Daddy

Hmm, sounds like Tvrdon might be more comparable to Ryan Martindale. For all the offence Martindale put up in Ottawa, I can't say I was ever impressed because his play in his own zone was too lazy. Don't think we need multiple projects like that. Now if you guys have any prospects in the Darren Helm mould, name your (realistic) price.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:55 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Just to clarify, I wasn't knocking him. I'm a big fan. The Hartikainen comparison just didn't fit. Harti looks for the big hit whenever possible, and while Tvrdon certainly doesn't shy away from ANY contact, he'd rather pick someones pocket instead. I'm actually quite curious about his size now. I had him pegged around 5'11, 190 since he's looks about 2-3 inches shorter than guys like Sward and Burns (who are actually all listed on most sites as being SMALLER) but still fairly solid
All I can say is when they drafted him they said he was 6'2" and over 210lbs. So he has been listed as big for a while. He does skate leaning forward sometimes, but having seen clips of him he is close in size to both Jurco 6'2" listed (looks slightly taller than him) and Musil 6'3" listed (looks slightly shorter than him) in terms of height. I am a little surprised by his weight already being as high as some of the reports. Makes me think he will play closer to 230 when he is actually a pro. A big kid, take a closer look when highlights are on him he is generally one of the larger players on the ice. Would be nice if he got a mean streak going.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:58 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Hmm, sounds like Tvrdon might be more comparable to Ryan Martindale. For all the offence Martindale put up in Ottawa, I can't say I was ever impressed because his play in his own zone was too lazy. Don't think we need multiple projects like that. Now if you guys have any prospects in the Darren Helm mould, name your (realistic) price.
You can't have Ferraro, guy has been awesome since he got healthy after he struggled to finish his WHL career. Both Quine and Anathasiou have top end speed also. Those three all have speed to burn all might be actually slower than Nick Jensen one of the Wings D prospects. Although of course all three would be available for a Hemsky but they wouldn't get you real excited and outside of Quine I don't see one just being thrown in just because.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:46 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
You can't have Ferraro, guy has been awesome since he got healthy after he struggled to finish his WHL career. Both Quine and Anathasiou have top end speed also. Those three all have speed to burn all might be actually slower than Nick Jensen one of the Wings D prospects. Although of course all three would be available for a Hemsky but they wouldn't get you real excited and outside of Quine I don't see one just being thrown in just because.
I don't think the Oilers would be in the market for another light weight C like Ferraro. He looks good offensively, but it looks like he still needs a lot of work on his defensive game. Like every other team, the Oilers are looking for size and grit, and the one's you've mentioned don't fit that description.

From the looks of things Hemsky is on fire, playing in the Czech league.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:53 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
I don't think the Oilers would be in the market for another light weight C like Ferraro. He looks good offensively, but it looks like he still needs a lot of work on his defensive game. Like every other team, the Oilers are looking for size and grit, and the one's you've mentioned don't fit that description.

From the looks of things Hemsky is on fire, playing in the Czech league.
Ferraro plays with quite a bit of grit especially considering his frame and is the teams best pk player in Grand Rapids. He is very good in his own zone and can play both wing and center. I understand taking a pass, but that doesn't really describe the game he plays. He does need to add another 10 or 15 lbs to be a really good NHL pro. To give you an idea most Wings fans think he reminds them of some cross between Cleary and Helm, he has plenty of jam in his game and is defensively responsible.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:26 AM
rockinghockey

EDM is going to look for a 2C or a top 3 dman for Hemsky. Kindl would be interesting.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote