Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evander Kane leaves KHL team

Old
10-22-2012, 01:35 PM
cutchemist42

vCash: 500
Kane got ejected from a game for a check to head and neck area. I wonder if he's playing ruthlessly since he might not have to deal with payback if the NHL starts up again?

cutchemist42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 06:52 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Minsk wins 3-2 in OT and Kane gets zero points again. In other news The Stapler got 2 goals including the Game winner in OT!! Well done Tim!

Last edited by ps241: 10-23-2012 at 08:46 AM.
ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:25 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

I already miss the Stapler

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Crazed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
I already miss the Stapler
me too. he won me over at the Jets skills competition. Fast skater, hard shot. He played hard all year.

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 01:55 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed Fan View Post
me too. he won me over at the Jets skills competition. Fast skater, hard shot. He played hard all year.
Pff, what kind of a fan are you? Letting a player win you over when he's just playing around? That's just silly.

He won me over when he played around with Ladd outside the locker room before the games last year!

Romang67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 02:02 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
I just remembered something. Maybe it isn't that odd that Kane doesn't have any points so far. 5 games into last season he was a solid 0-0-0 -2 for us. He may just be a slow starter.

Romang67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 02:19 AM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

How many game misconducts has he had?

6GP and 41 PIMs. Haha.

Luuuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:59 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
How many game misconducts has he had?

6GP and 41 PIMs. Haha.
Maybe he's going for a league record.

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 12:14 PM
sully1410

Apparently they were also concerned about his fitness?

Anyways, I doubt it's true, all pictures of him have him showing like zero body fat. I think they're just dumb.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 10-24-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: not neccessary
sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 12:35 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post

Anyways, I doubt it's true, all pictures of him have him showing like zero body fat. I think they're just dumb.

Yeah, I think Kane is too cocky/arrogant to not be in great shape. Strikes me as someone not unlike "The Situation" to be honest haha! BTW, I am a Kane fan, I have him on my JETS jersey.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 04:19 PM
SensibleGuy

I'm a Kane fan too - as long as he's scoring scads of goals for the Winnipeg Jets. My suspicion though is that Evander Kane only comes out to play when Evander Kane wants to and if he's not happy with his givin situation he'll just go through the motions and put in time. I don't think he's particularly happy with his situation over in the K, and I'm not entirely convinced he's particularly happy playing in Winnipeg either...

SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Skidooboy

He would drop us for Vancouver or LA or Any of the Hot Weather markets in a hot second.

Skidooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:34 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post

He's been like that since his draft year. I think he'll always be in pretty good shape. But I also think his body is more built naturally with less body fat. As long as he isn't too light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidooboy View Post
He would drop us for Vancouver or LA or Any of the Hot Weather markets in a hot second.
What does that have to do with this thread?

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2012, 09:35 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidooboy View Post
Didn't he just sign a 6 year contract?

Regarding fitness: you can certainly look to be in shape, but NOT be ready for the aerobic requirements of hockey.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 03:14 AM
Dima_BLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunabai View Post
wrong

dinamo minsk budget is one of the lowest in the khl - something like 20 out of 26
he's making similar to those who are playing in european leagues.
oh yeah, and you know the exact budget figures, lol! come on, it's belarus, man, so all financial issues like hockey budgets, salaries, etc. are far from being transparent here.
as of today, dinamo's budget is well over $30 mln. surely not impressive if compared to the nhl payrolls, still pretty enough to stay competitive in the khl.

Dima_BLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 05:33 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dima_BLR View Post
oh yeah, and you know the exact budget figures, lol! come on, it's belarus, man, so all financial issues like hockey budgets, salaries, etc. are far from being transparent here.
as of today, dinamo's budget is well over $30 mln. surely not impressive if compared to the nhl payrolls, still pretty enough to stay competitive in the khl.
How does Stapleton look Dima? he was one of the good guys and a favorite of his teammates last year. Most of our fans were not happy with him making the team originally (due to his size and age) but as the year went on he won allot of people over by doing doing Anything that was asked of him including sitting in the press box and never complaining. he was a very functional utility player for us. The writing was on the wall for Tim when TNSE said they wanted to get bigger but I have the utmost of respect for the way Stapler conducted himself.

Old
10-30-2012, 05:49 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
How does Stapleton look Dima? he was one of the good guys and a favorite of his teammates last year. Most of our fans were not happy with him making the team originally (due to his size and age) but as the year went on he won allot of people over by doing doing Anything that was asked of him including sitting in the press box and never complaining. he was a very functional utility player for us. The writing was on the wall for Tim when TNSE said they wanted to get bigger but I have the utmost of respect for the way Stapler conducted himself.
His OT goal against the Capitals was most capital, indeed. I'm happy that he's attributing himself well in Europe.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 06:17 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Stapleton really grew into my heart last year. The couple of years before with the Thrashers, I was always kinda neutral about him. I didn't really care if he played or not. But just like ps241 stated, he was a great teammate on and off the ice. Didn't some people say, after the signing with Minsk, that a lot of players from the Jets were sad to see him leave and he was one of the most beloved guys in the dressing room?

I can easily imagine that he's a popular guy. I'd really like to see him back in the NHL one day.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Dima_BLR

Quote:
How does Stapleton look Dima?
unlike most of his struggling teammates, stapler looks great and is about to become the most adored player in minsk i know it was tough for him to succeed in the nhl due to his modest stature and too soft way of playing hockey. well, it's not a bid issue in the khl with its bigger ice and less physical but smarter hockey, so tim has adapted to the new league and team quite well. i guess his solid stats prove it. btw, can't imagine stapler sitting in the press box while i saw mr. kane there not long ago what an irony!

Last edited by Dima_BLR: 10-30-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old
10-30-2012, 09:22 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dima_BLR View Post
unlike most of his struggling teammates, stapler looks great and is about to become the most adored player in minsk i know it was tough for him to succeed in the nhl due to his modest stature and too soft way of playing hockey. well, it's not a bid issue in the khl with its bigger ice and less physical but smarter hockey, so tim has adapted to the new league and team quite well. i guess his solid stats prove it.
If you run into Tim say hello to him from the fans in Winnipeg. He is very approachable and you won't meet a nicer guy. On a side note I heard that your arena is outstanding.

Old
10-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Dima_BLR

Quote:
If you run into Tim say hello to him from the fans in Winnipeg. He is very approachable and you won't meet a nicer guy. On a side note I heard that your arena is outstanding.
yeah, the minsk-arena is probably the best in the whole khl and one of the best in eastern europe. btw, the company i currently work for had greatly contributed to its creation acting as the general designer.

Old
11-12-2012, 04:22 PM
wings5

Anyone know the source of his struggles? He is one of my favourite players so I'm disappointed he is not playing well.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:35 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

He was never good, the only reason hes good is because hes an awesome skater, and he always is in the right place, his shot is decent but his release is slow, so he was overrated, wanted Chevy to trade him when he had the chance for a lot, he had good value, but hes all hype.

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:54 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
He was never good, the only reason hes good is because hes an awesome skater, and he always is in the right place, his shot is decent but his release is slow, so he was overrated, wanted Chevy to trade him when he had the chance for a lot, he had good value, but hes all hype.
I would tend to disagree with your assessment.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post

Are you talking about Kane and are you serious? Look, there are parts of his game that drive me bananas. But this kid is serious game changer. He is finding his game (not in the KHL, he's floating) but we truly have that power forward in him, what else do you want? ...or were you kidding?

Duir is offline   Reply With Quote