HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What moves gives Vancouver the best chance to win the cup???

Old
11-12-2012, 01:17 PM
echlfreak

vCash: 500
If Luongo is gonna be moved to Toronto as rumored in several media outlets. Who do you get in return?

Bozak? People think he sucks and they don't like him. But, he would be a 3rd line center not a 1/2 line center like he is in TOR

Gunnarsson gives Van flexibility to move a valued D like Ballard. He is a steady D that can play almost any role.

Connolly is too much for a 3rd line center

Kulimen might be a fit

Kadri is a top prospect because of TOR media not because he is actually a good player...you wouldn't even hear about him if he played in a place like Columbus or Nashville

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 01:36 PM
echlfreak

What about Ballard for Legwand?

Nashville needs a replacement for Suter and Van could use a solid 3rd line center

Old
11-12-2012, 02:04 PM
vcanuck

Dont know if CBJ accepts this but...

Raymond + Schroeder/Rodin

for

Brassard

we get a 3rd line centre and a playmaker.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Hansen
Higgins - Brassard - Kassian

vcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcanuck View Post

for

Brassard

we get a 3rd line centre and a playmaker.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Hansen
Higgins - Brassard - Kassian
We need Brassard. No thanks.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I would like to apologize on behalf of the Canucks fanbase for some of the proposals put out there.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 02:29 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Doubt very much Luongo waives for CLB and the waiver idea is pretty silly, never happen.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:32 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Doubt very much Luongo waives for CLB and the waiver idea is pretty silly, never happen.
It happened when Todd Marchant wouldn't waive his NTC to go to Anaheim

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:39 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
It happened when Todd Marchant wouldn't waive his NTC to go to Anaheim
So you think it`s a good idea to take on that type of contract for a player that doesn`t want to play there? I give the CBJ GM a little more credit than that.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:41 PM
MessierII

Some real leadership

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
So you think it`s a good idea to take on that type of contract for a player that doesn`t want to play there? I give the CBJ GM a little more credit than that.

And yes, I know I'm not helping the case of forcing Luongo to Columbus. Not that I'd want to anyways. He's been great for us throughall of this.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Some real leadership
From someone with your handle saying that to Canucks fans....brass balls sir. I tip my hat.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
There are two reasons why Luongo to Columbus does not work.

1. Luongo wouldn't want to come here, you can't get around that fact by putting him on waivers. We don't want players who don't want to be here, that's the whole approach we're taking. In this sense, there is no trade to be had for Luongo.

2. In order to get Luongo we would obviously need to give pieces that have a sufficient amount of value. So that leaves us with varying options subtracting a forward or two from an already depleted cast (which would likely be among our "better" forwards under the circumstances, so that's a no-go) and/or sending defensemen/prospects/picks, in which category we have JUST NOW started to develop depth after 12 miserably sparse years.

We are content with the building blocks of our team. We have a solid, solid foundation both at the NHL level and among our prospects on the defensive front with guys like JJ, Tyutin, Nikitin, Murray, Moore, Savard, and Erixon, not to mention Wisniewski, whose biggest problem is his price tag, but whom we still like having around for his offense and leadership abilities. We have forwards in Dubinsky, Umberger, Dorsett, Foligno, and Prospal, among others, who may be lacking in top-tier skill, but will expect a lot from each other and hold each other accountable. While our goaltending situation is uncertain, it is not worth breaking up any other facet that we have tried to work on. Hopefully we can strike gold in one of Dansk, Korpisalo, or Forsberg. And while taking Murray may be vanilla compared to Galchenyuk, he was IMO the best defenseman available, and we've now got 3 picks next year on a forward-heavy crop to acquire that much-needed elite skill (and contrary to popular belief, Howson isn't as bad at drafting as is perceived).

Adding to this, Umberger and Vancouver/Kesler is a known and well-documented scuttlebutt. As much as I understand Vancouver would want quality in return for Luongo, don't expect it to come from Columbus, and even on what you would believe to be a low-ball offer, we'd probably still decline based on the whole Luongo-not-wanting-to-be-here-so-we-don't-want-him reasoning.

Hope that covers things.
Bolded for emphasis since we're somehow back on the topic of Luongo on waivers...

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:05 PM
candyman82

Quote:
I don't think it's a good idea, I was just giving an example of that happening before-

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 07:38 PM
echlfreak

Raymond
Higgins
Ballard
Schroeder
Tanev
Booth
Luongo

are Vancouvers biggest trade assets

Old
11-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

Could be, could be...

Quote:
for

Bras
Nope. Can't afford give up on the playmaking he does provide until such time as Johansen reaches badass status, and after that point we arguably wouldn't want to unless, say, we get the #1 overall pick this year.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Raymond
Higgins
Ballard
Schroeder
Tanev
Booth
Luongo

are Vancouvers biggest trade assets
Actually...kesler, schneider, edler and lou are our biggest trade assets.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:58 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Could be, could be...

Nope. Can't afford give up on the playmaking he does provide until such time as Johansen reaches badass status, and after that point we arguably wouldn't want to unless, say, we get the #1 overall pick this year.
How about Anisimov instead? I know he was just acquired, but I think he would be great centering the 3rd line. Would Raymond + Schroeder and maybe another small piece be of any interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Actually...kesler, schneider, edler and lou are our biggest trade assets.
I doubt Kes will waive his NTC for anybody. He shouldn't be considered a trade asset.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:11 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
I doubt Kes will waive his NTC for anybody. He shouldn't be considered a trade asset.
You mean the guy that actually signed an RFA deal somewhere else? I am not saying he would be thrilled to do it, but for nobody? I doubt that is the case.

For instance Kesler and his wife and children spend the off-seasons in Michigan and keep a residence there. When he chose to go to Ohio State he did so over Wisconsin to stay closer to home. I don't think there is a trade to be had, but if the Wings came after him I have a hard time believing he would refuse to waive his NTC. I am sure there are other locations he would consider also.

Point is somewhat moot because it is hard to see where getting rid of Kesler makes them better. Even the Perry or Ryan ones I have seen I question from how Vancouver has built their team.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 11-12-2012 at 11:17 PM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
extremely thinly veiled bashing of CBJ thread.
Nah, it's a Vancouver rosterbation thread, with subsequent lashing out when the trade proposals are rightfully shot down as being wacky and thoughtless.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:16 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
You mean the guy that actually signed an RFA deal somewhere else? I am not saying he would be thrilled to do it, but for nobody? I doubt that is the case.
Yep, same guy. Situations have a tendency to change over the course of playing six seasons with your best friends, not surprisingly. I also didn't say it was impossible he that he would waive, I just said I doubt that he would. Which team(s) do you think it's probable he would waive for?

Old
11-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Nah, it's a Vancouver rosterbation thread, with subsequent lashing out when the trade proposals are rightfully shot down as being wacky and thoughtless.
LOL rosterbation, I like that. Don't think i've ever done that to the Canucks lineup though. Maybe team Canada

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:38 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Yep, same guy. Situations have a tendency to change over the course of playing six seasons with your best friends, not surprisingly. I also didn't say it was impossible he that he would waive, I just said I doubt that he would. Which team(s) do you think it's probable he would waive for?
Like I said I would be surprised if he wouldn't waive for Detroit, but there is no trade there that could make it happen. The Bieksa angle is true, I just think he would would consider other teams. Really the only bad team that I would find curious is Columbus. He has a history with the area and is very close to Umberger and has a good relationship with JMFJ. Grew up a Minnesota North Stars fan wonder if he would consider Minnesota with a couple of guys he is pretty friendly with in Suter and Parise from their younger days. I don't think it would be easy but there are teams he would probably look at seriously and might waive for.

Old
11-12-2012, 11:42 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
What about Ballard for Legwand?

Nashville needs a replacement for Suter and Van could use a solid 3rd line center
Except for the part where Legwand is more than a #3C, is the Preds' best center, and is never ever ever going anywhere on account of being drafted to Nashville and playing there for 13 years, then you're right on.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 12:03 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Like I said I would be surprised if he wouldn't waive for Detroit, but there is no trade there that could make it happen. The Bieksa angle is true, I just think he would would consider other teams. Really the only bad team that I would find curious is Columbus. He has a history with the area and is very close to Umberger and has a good relationship with JMFJ. Grew up a Minnesota North Stars fan wonder if he would consider Minnesota with a couple of guys he is pretty friendly with in Suter and Parise from their younger days. I don't think it would be easy but there are teams he would probably look at seriously and might waive for.
Well, neither of us know what he's thinking, so it would be pointless to pretend that we do. However I feel very confident he would veto a trade to any other team at this point in time. Things might change in the future, but with the hometown discount he took two years ago to play his prime years with his friends, as well as the urge to complete some unfinished business, I just can't see it happening.

Also, the bolded kind of detracts from the credibility of your other statements. You might want to read up on their history.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:26 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Well, neither of us know what he's thinking, so it would be pointless to pretend that we do. However I feel very confident he would veto a trade to any other team at this point in time. Things might change in the future, but with the hometown discount he took two years ago to play his prime years with his friends, as well as the urge to complete some unfinished business, I just can't see it happening.

Also, the bolded kind of detracts from the credibility of your other statements. You might want to read up on their history.
Will admit forgot about that blow up, do know they were pretty close at Ohio State. But like you said the google suggests that is pretty far from the truth now. I do wonder if they could bury the hatchet, seems a pretty stupid argument.

They did play for the same WC team 05-06 I think. Also I don't know an agent or player that wouldn't use the fact they were drafted in front of you in the same draft to try to get more money. Just saying.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 11-13-2012 at 12:33 AM.