Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

And # 2 Who (Respected Rivals)

Old
11-12-2012, 05:20 PM
OLD51JOHN

vCash: 500
And # 2 Who (Respected Rivals)

Did we respect on rival teams...So many...I dont know where to start....But I will Henry the eel was underated Your choice

OLD51JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Probably been a few decades since the Rangers rivalry was really relevant, but top of the list for me (current players) would be Ryan Callahan.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:11 PM
BruinsHockey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry View Post
Probably been a few decades since the Rangers rivalry was really relevant, but top of the list for me (current players) would be Ryan Callahan.
I referee under Paul Stewart's program, and I was speaking to one of his guys who officiates in the AHL, and he said Ryan Callahan is one of the whiniest, most annoying players he has ever had to deal with. Just saying.

BruinsHockey74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey74 View Post
I referee under Paul Stewart's program, and I was speaking to one of his guys who officiates in the AHL, and he said Ryan Callahan is one of the whiniest, most annoying players he has ever had to deal with. Just saying.
Meh... I truly don't care what some anonymous AHL official has to say. Watch the guy play.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe

Yvan Cournoyer

Caballo Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 06:48 PM
BruinsHockey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry View Post
Meh... I truly don't care what some anonymous AHL official has to say. Watch the guy play.
I was just making a point. But to me character is just as important as skill in a favorite player. I'm not disrespecting your opinion of him, just sharing my experience from someone who has been on the ice with him a few times first hand.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey74 View Post
I was just making a point. But to me character is just as important as skill in a favorite player. I'm not disrespecting your opinion of him, just sharing my experience from someone who has been on the ice with him a few times first hand.
That's fair enough. We're just throwing around opinions. I've never met the guy personally or interacted with him.

However, regarding character, I think a guy getting tapped to be captain of a Original Six team, especially as young as he did, has to have shown plenty of character to people who interact with him much more than random AHL ref #32. My comment about watching him play also has much less to with his skill level (which to be honest isn't all that high) and more to do with his approach. He leaves it all on the ice every shift and would block a Chara slapshot with his jewels if he thought it would help win the game.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

I respect the hell out of Ovie. He can get a like cheap shot happy at times, but the guy is tough as nails and it an incredible talent.

Guiledoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 09:00 PM
BruinsHockey74

And as for my pick, Danny Briere.

Old
11-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Montecristo

PK subban. obviously a hated player around here and went to the montreal school of diving and whining but if he was ever on the bruins he'd probably change his approach. he has the best shot from the top of the circle in the NHL including chara. Has an absolute bullet of a snap shot, which is a little bit of a lost art, most people are a little slappy happy nowadays but he is a throwback type player in that regard with the snap and his ability to throw a good hip check. I firmly believe he wouldnt fake injuries or flop if he wasnt in montreal where its encouraged.

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

The first names that come to mind are David Backes and Paul Stastny. But they don't really fit the bill of "unsung hero."

Ian Lapierrere was one of my favorite non-Bruins for YEARS. Tough-as-nails and not a better teammate that you could find. Oleg Saprykin was empty between the ears, but I was in love with his skillset and his incredible motor. Also, the late Rick Rypien is a player that I miss greatly and will continue to.

As for today?

Dan Winnik is really an under-appreciated player. I can't remember where he signed now? Derek Smith in Calgary is SO overlooked by SO many. Late bloomer who always seems to do everything right. Sam Gagner is a SMART player who just needs to be part of a well-constructed line to be a fantastic support. A LOT of guys. Scott Clemmensen, Zenon Konopka, Lauri Korpikoski...

I'm missing too many. I hope this thread is a popular one.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

I have a lot of respect for Carey Price actually. He's matured into a great young goaltender. It scares me that the Habs have a kid like that to build around. He was the reason that playoff series with Montreal in 2011 was as close as it was.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:10 AM
BergyDGD
such a homah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
I have a lot of respect for Carey Price actually. He's matured into a great young goaltender. It scares me that the Habs have a kid like that to build around. He was the reason that playoff series with Montreal in 2011 was as close as it was.
Same here gained a lot of respect for him after that series. I also left that series thinking "good we're not going to see a better goalie the rest of the playoffs". The image of him and Thomas kinda laughing after their "fight" was pretty funny.

BergyDGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 06:59 AM
BlackNgold 84

Wayne Simmonds, Claude Giroux, subban, even plekanec because i just think he's a solid player who plays in the gritty areas and doesn't dive as much as his teammates in my opinion.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote