HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Prospect Thread

Old
11-12-2012, 10:03 PM
um

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Early in the game, very early in career, but Plymouth's Tom Wilson, WSH 1st rder, showing all signs of being beast. #bighits #shotblocks

Playing on NHLN now (tape-delayed).
he was one of the best players out there, he had 3 huge hits and made many good defensive plays

um is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Carlzner

How has he looked? Caught the first half of the second period and had to run - just got back, 7 minutes left in the game.

I'm impressed with some of the Russians but i don't know their names.

Edit: Wow, they just named him Player of the game.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Way too early to read much into it, but it's been a very strong first couple months from the 2012 draft class. Forsberg and Wilson doing everything expected of them, while guys like Barber, Djoos, and Rissling are outperforming their draft position significantly. Some injury issues with Forsberg, Wilson, Stephenson, and Djoos, though.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:07 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Edit: Wow, they just named him Player of the game.
Hm, Series' official site has Strome as a player of the game.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 06:17 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Hm, Series' official site has Strome as a player of the game.
Ah, it was Sportsnet that named him their player of the game... Didn't know there was an actual official one too.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Wilson with 1+2 in an 8-7 loss to Saginaw last night. Carrick with an assist. Game highlights.

Notre Dame vs. Michigan on CBS Sports Network at 7:30 tonight.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Barber Shop: Miami Freshman Turning Heads After Quick Start.

Old
11-16-2012, 05:35 PM
marchbrown

Christian Djoos has been signed by Brynas to an A-team (senior) contract. He was previously playing under a "junior" contract. The new contract is for 2.5 years, until 2015.

http://translate.google.com/translat...ntrakt&act=url

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...zaNJD_hbiMoDLg

Also, Djoos has already recovered from his knee surgery, and he played for Brynas yesterday (11/15).

marchbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Thought I would let you guys know I was at the Whalers game last night and Tom Wilson:WOW! His skating has improved so much since I saw him last year. He chipped in the first goal (also the GWG). He was hitting everything in sight but was also very smart about when to hit and back off as well as the angles taken. He was targeted for cheap shots all night and was constantly punched and hacked at after the whistle, but any time he got up everyone else ran away like scared dogs. Really hope he turns out for you guys. I will try and give updates when I can.

Fly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Boy View Post
Thought I would let you guys know I was at the Whalers game last night and Tom Wilson:WOW! His skating has improved so much since I saw him last year. He chipped in the first goal (also the GWG). He was hitting everything in sight but was also very smart about when to hit and back off as well as the angles taken. He was targeted for cheap shots all night and was constantly punched and hacked at after the whistle, but any time he got up everyone else ran away like scared dogs. Really hope he turns out for you guys. I will try and give updates when I can.

Awesome! Thanks for the report and keep em' coming!

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:46 PM
JW12

Did anyone ever see a concrete injury update on Greg Burke. Heard lots about his shoulder (separated?), and he missed both games this weekend, but there hasn't been anything official announced, it would seem.

Austin Wuthrich is seemingly the next prospect to be injured. Took an elbow to the head against North Dakota. Missed the Saturday game. Hopefully it's minor, but as we saw with Nicky, you never know...

Jaynen Rissling was +6 (!) with one goal and two assists in four games this week. He's looking good.

JW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Boy View Post
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Chris Dilks' take from the following game is pretty similar:
Quote:
Tom Wilson(WAS pick)- Everyone who has watched him in the OHL the past two years already knows this, but he's just improved leaps and bounds from when he first came into the league. He's obviously one of the toughest players in the league, but what impressed me most was that he showed off some skating too, beating an(albeit terrible) defender wide a couple times to set up scoring opportunities, and made a sick pass for an assist in the third period. He was well worth the first round pick by Washington. I can't see him not making Canada's World Junior team either.
Also on Carrick:
Quote:
Connor Carrick(WAS pick)- He's a solid all-around player, but there's not a lot of pro upside there. He would have contributed at Michigan this year, but I'm not sure he would have had enough of an impact to really change their fortunes this year.
That would be a lot to ask of a freshman D outside of Trouba but seems fair enough. He needs to get stronger and more explosive to be more of an impact presence.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Caps Crazy

#1 Boston College playing #9 Boston University...Friday & Saturday nights at 7:30pm on NBC Sports.

16 NHL drafted players, 4 1st or 2nd round picks

Patrick Wey Washington 4th round 2009 and Patrick Mullane Washington Development Camp attendee/undrafted.
Both have leadership roles on Boston College and both are seniors.

Last edited by Caps Crazy: 11-29-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Caps Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 05:05 PM
KenGuru

Steffen Søberg (Vålerenga Norwegian Elite League) Goalie GP 22 GAA 2.23 SV% 92,30

Has impoved this fall. Was very good today when Vålerenga faced Lørenskog. He stopped 34 of 35 shots.

Vålerenga is on top of the table and the main reason for that is the play by the 19 year old Søberg.

Someone should push him to a better league next season

I think he is ready as a 3 rd goalie in the upcoming World Championship in Sweden in may 2013

Last edited by KenGuru: 11-29-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: .
KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 07:33 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Wilson 1+1, +3 last night. Goal was empty netter, though.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Hockey Prospect Radio talked Caps prospects yesterday. Part one includes a Ross Mahoney interview & scout Mark Edwards talking Hershey/Reading players. Mahoney talks Forsberg, Kuznetsov, Barber, Herbert, Wey.

I'm not sure the hosts have watched many Hershey games this year, though I agree with their Kundratek assessment for the most part. (I'm not sure he's that strong of an outlet passer, though.) The Galiev assessment is pretty spot on, albeit a lack physical strength is another factor.

Part two talks about Canada's potential WJC lineup with Bob McKenzie and he mentions Tom Wilson strong chances, his leadership and yelling in Russian prior to the Super Series game in Sarnia. Hockey Canada will announce their selection camp roster tomorrow.

Old
12-02-2012, 01:17 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

I think in the beginning of the podcast they're saying that Jeff Schultz has had an excellent NHL career.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 05:22 AM
Huffman

Djoos and Forsberg to the WJC!

Edit: 8 D were selected, 1 will be cut.

Last edited by Huffman: 12-03-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 12:12 PM
marchbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry2perry View Post
Djoos and Forsberg to the WJC!

Edit: 8 D were selected, 1 will be cut.
Is this how Sweden usually handles the selection? Only one defenseman and one forward to be cut. Is it usual that they narrow the roster so quickly? I'm surprised that they aren't having a selection camp with more players, like the other national teams.

Last edited by marchbrown: 12-03-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old
12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Sweden's preliminary roster was even a little smaller last year with just 7D. I'd guess Bengtsson, Djuse or Djoos will be the last cut but an injury could be a factor (beyond Klefbom/Brodin already). No Pontus Aberg but no Burakowsky either is somewhat surprising.

Wilson named to Canada's selection camp. No Laughton, even if the center position is already pretty well spoken for. No Koekkoek or Ceci at D, another loaded position for them. It's shaping up to be another tournament where goaltending will be the main factor for Canada winning or not and Subban should give them the stability they've lacked recently.

Old
12-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

No Bystrom (Dallas 2012 2nd rounder) on Sweden's roster, either.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:32 PM
marchbrown

A funny comment on twitter about potential Sweden D pairs: "Djuse and Djoos just have to play together, perfect D pair for media."

Apparently the two names are pronounced the same, so the commentators could have fun with "no relation" reminders.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Dear god, nobody let Joe B see the Swedish roster.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Langway
Intangibles

Riley Barber among those named to the US WJC preliminary roster. Looking at the forwards he's got a chance to be in their top six. I'd guess Lucia, Miami teammate Kuraly & Vesey are his biggest competition.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Galchenyuk, Grimaldi, Gadreau, Noesen, and Miller seem like locks in the top 6. That leaves one spot open to be claimed.