HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NFL Season - Yes, they actually play games in this league!

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2012, 01:01 AM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Sound like Big Ben injury could be serious

If true the AFC playoff field is really looking like Hou/Den in AFC Champ game

Bal is devastated by injures
NE D is horrible
Pit without Roethlesberg is not a contender
Young Colts aren't going to be in SB
I don't see why the Colts can't go to the Super Bowl. I don't expect it to happen but but they are a fluke Blaine Gabbert last second 80 yard throw away from having the same record as the Bears.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:00 AM
Just Win
Free Larsson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Two bad weeks in a row, that's all. They're not nearly as far in the cellar as the teams I listed.

Sorry, but from an outsider's perspective, it's even funnier to use his other job title and say you got scored on by the ****ing punter.
Two bad weeks? More like ten years of ****. Those two games just seemed like nobody on defense even cared. And i fear Palmer's arm will fall off soon with the Raiders just passing it on offense. Knapp doesn't even know you can run the ball.

Holder, punter, call it whatever you want. All i see is a guy who should never score a TD against an NFL defense. Didn't help either that the Ravens make such a call when the game was already over.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I don't see why the Colts can't go to the Super Bowl. I don't expect it to happen but but they are a fluke Blaine Gabbert last second 80 yard throw away from having the same record as the Bears.
It's possible, but unlikely. There are several good teams that they'd have to go through, with defences that could chew up a rookie QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Win View Post
Holder, punter, call it whatever you want. All i see is a guy who should never score a TD against an NFL defense. Didn't help either that the Ravens make such a call when the game was already over.
Ya, that was a little cruel. Reports after the game said they deliberately ran up the score because of trash talk from the Raiders players though.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:36 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Doing a fake FG up 24 in the THIRD quarter is not rolling it up, I'm sorry. Maybe a little gutless since they ran a trick play with zero risk, but there's still too much time left to whine about piling it on.

Old
11-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
only 7-3 team in the HF league

feels good man

Old
11-13-2012, 09:59 AM
apice3*

Raiders got scored on by a punter? I didn't even see that.

Rams ran two fake punt passes to perfection yesterday. One of which was a really cool run/pass option I've never seen before.

Old
11-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
only 7-3 team in the HF league

feels good man
One of the four 6-4 teams. No feel.

and curse your team.

Old
11-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Raiders got scored on by a punter? I didn't even see that.
Ya, the Ravens got to fourth down inside the 10, sent out the FG unit, and then the punter/holder took the snap and ran the 7 yards into the end zone.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

So a bunch of Jets bashed Tebow anonymously to the NY Daily News.

Hey cowards, how about bashing your starting QB? You know, arguably the worst starter in the league?

Or maybe they should show the team footage of Tebow's 95-yard game-winning drive against them last year.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

I really think Rex is gone depending how the Jets do for the rest of the season.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
I really think Rex is gone depending how the Jets do for the rest of the season.
Don't know how its going to play out, especially since who knows what the hell Woody Johnson will want (during the remainder of the season, or for next season), but if I was running the show, I would give Rex one more year to figure it out. Believe his contract ends next year (or the year after where he would be the lame duck coach). Tannenbaum should be out as GM after this season no matter what. He failed at putting together a team with any depth. Top defensive player goes down and that side of the ball is questionable. Top offensive player goes down and the offense is abysmal. Although from the looks of things, its ceiling with a healthy Holmes was probably mediocre at best. Can only fault Rex to an extent, as he only has so much to work with. But the defense isn't up to par, so that I place on him. A few weeks ago I was thinking you give Sanchez one more shot as well, given the time left on his contract. But my thoughts have changed on that one too. Yes, he has nothing around him. Yes, the offensive line, and his receivers all make him look pretty bad. But he's not doing himself any favors when those parties are not ****ing up, so its hard to back him up anymore. If they address the QB situation via trade or free agency, Sanchez probably should hit the bench as I assume its too costly to cut him. If they address it via the draft, it depends on the rookie for whether or not he hits the bench right away.

* To clarify my Woody Johnson comment: Everyone knows he's the guy that wants Tebow to play the most, but that's because his primary concern is clearly on ticket sales and publicity more than anything. I imagine Rex resisting to play Tebow (especially if Johnson starts insisting he starts) could put him in more hot water than this season's performance alone. But as far as we know, Woody hasn't made such a demand yet, so that isn't a concern yet.

Old
11-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Shouldn't whoever the bunch of those Jets are that cowardly said that, worry about their own game first, rather than somebody who is seeing a handful of plays a game?

Players did the same anonymously talking **** to the media about Sanchez in the off-season

Part of Rex and even the higher ups comes into play here about being in control of telling his players to shut up when it comes to speaking to the media

Old
11-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post

Hey cowards, how about bashing your starting QB? You know, arguably the worst starter in the league?

Or maybe they should show the team footage of Tebow's 95-yard game-winning drive against them last year.
Cassel is the worst this year ,, Sanchez is awful but Cassel is brutal

Cassel on year

153-261 (58.6 %) with 6 TD's and 12 INT's ( + 7 fumbles lost)

6 TD passes and 19 turnovers ,, Yikes

Old
11-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Still don't know why they traded for Tebow. He could be a starter somewhere else I think. I'm sure his value will drop if the Jets go to trade him this off season. A dude who sat on the bench for 90% of the year.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Scott04

Pretty convinced it was a Woody Johnson decision to trade for him. And that kind of forced Tannenbaum and Rex to do it. Woody loves this guy. No one believes Rex does, and I doubt Tannenbaum is too crazy about him either. Hard to say no to the guy who signs your checks. Problem is we can't fire the owner.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:17 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Wow, sounds like Big Ben's injury could be worse than originally expected.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/b...-ravens-111412

Quote:
The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback said Wednesday he also dislocated a rib while getting sacked in the third quarter of Monday night's win against Kansas City. Roethlisberger sprained the SC joint in his shoulder on the play but says the rib issue is a bigger concern.

Roethlisberger said doctors are concerned the rib could cut into his aorta. He's already been ruled out of Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens. Backup Byron Leftwich will start in his place, though Roethlisberger doesn't believe the injuries will end his season.

''I don't think so, I don't know though but I'm not a medical expert,'' Roethlisberger said. ''I just know I'm going to do what I can to get back.''

Roethlisberger added he's in considerable pain and has slept just four hours over the last two nights. He wore a black sling in the locker room to prevent the rib from moving around. Doctors are worried if the rib gets jostled before it heals it can cause internal bleeding.

Old
11-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post

It is pretty cowardly, but I'm sure it was common knowledge that Tebow wasn't very popular in the locker room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Pretty convinced it was a Woody Johnson decision to trade for him. And that kind of forced Tannenbaum and Rex to do it. Woody loves this guy. No one believes Rex does, and I doubt Tannenbaum is too crazy about him either. Hard to say no to the guy who signs your checks. Problem is we can't fire the owner.
This is the trouble with having a meddlesome owner in a capped league. The Yankees could get away with Steinbrenner's foolishness because they could just spend their way out of it. But stuff like this, and Wang's meddling on the Island, cause disaster for their teams.

Old
11-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
From all indications it was forced by ownership

The GM originally brought in Drew Stanton to be the #2 (And according to Stanton told him he would be given legit chance to win #1 job if Sanchez struggled)

Old
11-14-2012, 05:46 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Don't know how its going to play out, especially since who knows what the hell Woody Johnson will want (during the remainder of the season, or for next season), but if I was running the show, I would give Rex one more year to figure it out. Believe his contract ends next year (or the year after where he would be the lame duck coach). Tannenbaum should be out as GM after this season no matter what. He failed at putting together a team with any depth. Top defensive player goes down and that side of the ball is questionable. Top offensive player goes down and the offense is abysmal. Although from the looks of things, its ceiling with a healthy Holmes was probably mediocre at best. Can only fault Rex to an extent, as he only has so much to work with. But the defense isn't up to par, so that I place on him. A few weeks ago I was thinking you give Sanchez one more shot as well, given the time left on his contract. But my thoughts have changed on that one too. Yes, he has nothing around him. Yes, the offensive line, and his receivers all make him look pretty bad. But he's not doing himself any favors when those parties are not ****ing up, so its hard to back him up anymore. If they address the QB situation via trade or free agency, Sanchez probably should hit the bench as I assume its too costly to cut him. If they address it via the draft, it depends on the rookie for whether or not he hits the bench right away.

* To clarify my Woody Johnson comment: Everyone knows he's the guy that wants Tebow to play the most, but that's because his primary concern is clearly on ticket sales and publicity more than anything. I imagine Rex resisting to play Tebow (especially if Johnson starts insisting he starts) could put him in more hot water than this season's performance alone. But as far as we know, Woody hasn't made such a demand yet, so that isn't a concern yet.
Agreed. I actually think the secondary has played pretty well even without Revis but the pass rush up until last game was atrocious. We all knew it was a problem heading into the season too and Tannenbaum did nothing to address it. Since 09, the team has made decisions that's chipped away at how good the team is. They never really replaced Thomas Jones at RB and that position's only gotten worse every year, their WR's have gotten worse since 10 when they had Holmes, Braylon, and Cotchery, they never replaced the veterans in the locker room like Cotchery and Richardson, etc. That along with other moves like cutting Faneca which led to an offensive line that's gotten worse every single year deserves to get Tannenbaum canned. I don't really put the Tebow one on him though because I also think that was a Woody move.

11-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Agreed. I actually think the secondary has played pretty well even without Revis but the pass rush up until last game was atrocious. We all knew it was a problem heading into the season too and Tannenbaum did nothing to address it. Since 09, the team has made decisions that's chipped away at how good the team is. They never really replaced Thomas Jones at RB and that position's only gotten worse every year, their WR's have gotten worse since 10 when they had Holmes, Braylon, and Cotchery, they never replaced the veterans in the locker room like Cotchery and Richardson, etc. That along with other moves like cutting Faneca which led to an offensive line that's gotten worse every single year deserves to get Tannenbaum canned. I don't really put the Tebow one on him though because I also think that was a Woody move.
The secondary has had its ups and downs. Can't expect it to be anywhere near what it could have, as Revis is Revis, and no one else on that defense can compare to the importance he would have on any team. I can't agree with you on the pass rush comment though. How can you tell me they did nothing to address it when their last 2 first round picks were defensive ends? The first 2 picks in 2011 were on the defensive line. 2 of their first 3 picks this past draft were on guys for the front 7. Whether or not you want to say they have been effective enough is another story. But they've made attempts to address it in recent years for sure.

I have no problem with the rest of what you said for the most part, except one thing on the offensive line comment. I wouldn't really say the line was worse immediately after cutting Faneca. His last year they were the number 1 rushing team in the league, sure. The next year they were number 4, but on significantly fewer rushing attempts (so naturally the yards/game are going to go down). The team's sacks allowed did go down from 30 (10th in the league) in 2009 to 28 (8th in the league) in 2010. I wouldn't really say much of a decline was felt then. Especially since as you say, the position wasn't nearly as strong without Thomas Jones, which was the same season that we're talking about here... In 2011 and this year the line has been pretty crappy, or at least horribly inconsistent. But I wouldn't say 2010 was a major drop off for the line. Slauson actually handled the job pretty well for that season at least.

Old
11-14-2012, 07:06 PM
apice3*

Joseph Addai is working out for the Giants. Just a heads up from a Colts fan, this guy is a great pass catcher but he will infuriate you with his running style. He doesn't run hard and hippity hops once he gets to the line. Guy can't hit a hole to save his life.

Old
11-14-2012, 07:22 PM
King Henrique
ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ǝnbıɹuǝɥ

I didn't know you were a Colts fan as well. Anyway, besides Addai's first two seasons, he was miserable. Watching him hop and skip at the line of scrimmage was extremely infuriating. I don't think he fails because he doesn't run hard per se, I think it's just because of his running style. He isn't the fastest guy, but boy could he catch a pass.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Joseph Addai is working out for the Giants. Just a heads up from a Colts fan, this guy is a great pass catcher but he will infuriate you with his running style. He doesn't run hard and hippity hops once he gets to the line. Guy can't hit a hole to save his life.
The Giants already have three fairly capable RBs, I wonder what that's all about.

Old
11-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

In case Bradshaw is more hurt than the Giants are saying.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:05 AM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
I told all those Falcons clowns that Brees is angry and he's going to carry the team to the playoffs. If he could play defense he would.

Hey Matt Ryan, how many playoff wins do you have?

Closed Thread